Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,393 members, 7,781,132 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:29 AM

100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? (77049 Views)

Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release / CBN To Reduce The Volume Of N500, N1000 In Circulation - Nairametrics / 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by BrokenTV: 3:33pm On Apr 17, 2018
Purewatermeji:
angry You Christians think you're wise. GEJ stylishly removed the Islamic inscription on the 100 naira note and you people expect the buhari administration to keep printing that infidel money at the detriment of we Muslims. It will never happen. Keep spending those rag notes till 100 naira goes to oblivion. Then we can reprint the old note with Islamic inscription
You are an idiot have the Islamic inscription on the uniform of the Nigeria Army been removed, is Nigeria not a secular state. Is English language not our official language. Of all the problems this country is facing this is the only problem that borders you guys.
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by nelsonebby(m): 3:33pm On Apr 17, 2018
Last night

Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by blackboy2star(m): 3:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
Is strictly on 100naira note. Google is your friend to know better..CBN Ibadan staffs are the major culprit, they're enjoying there stay at Agodi prison now.

Johnson5258:
I Disagree, that should have affected other denominations though without a biased mindset. let's examine it critically.
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by Wheezdom(m): 3:40pm On Apr 17, 2018
Awolowo was a yoruba man.

1 Like

Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by bigtt76(f): 3:49pm On Apr 17, 2018
Truth is, its expensive printing new notes of 100 naira value but what beats me is why they keep on hoarding new notes printed as far back as 2014. Instead you see naira note hawkers at parties and other social functions. The other day, we saw that guy on NL flaunting new N200 naira notes still having the wrapper from the Nigeria Security and Minting Corporation ....beats you maaaan. angry
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by Cheapy: 3:52pm On Apr 17, 2018
It's a deliberate act by this demonic government not to print new note.

2 Likes

Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by Sam0405: 3:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
Purewatermeji:
angry You Christians think you're wise. GEJ stylishly removed the Islamic inscription on the 100 naira note and you people expect the buhari administration to keep printing that infidel money at the detriment of we Muslims. It will never happen. Keep spending those rag notes till 100 naira goes to oblivion. Then we can reprint the old note with Islamic inscription

You are the problem of Nigeria.
Is Nigeria an Islamic nation?

Now I understand the ethnic cleansing TY Danjuma was talking about.
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by Jamorezzi: 3:55pm On Apr 17, 2018
I have some things to say about the 100 naira note , na to narrate am be work grin grin angry

1 Like

Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by authority2006(m): 3:58pm On Apr 17, 2018
koladebrainiac:
good point bro. they have cornered that denomination before it gets to banks. and those banks sell these notes to all these money changers who in turn sell the money to owambe party goers . It now gets worse because banks could not take the damaged money to CBN because CBN would give the half of the money they brought back for exchange for fear of loss. I.e the bank branches will bear the loss .it will reduce the branch bank balance sheet. its costly for the CBN to make new note from NIGERIAN AND MINTING PRESS

Keeping new notes for Owambe parties didn't start today and it wasn't limited to N100 notes. Even when these new notes are kept for parties, they would still find their way into the economy because the keepers would eventually spend it. The truth is that CBN is not releasing new N100 notes into the circulation but I don't know the reason for its action

adanny01:

I hold a similar opinion but not exactly the way you put it.

When the new N100 was released, alot of Muslims protested for the missing Arabic inscription on the previous one. I have seen Muslims publicly rejecting the note giving to them as change for larger bills. Back then, i thought the new note was never going to be accepted.

From the recent scarcity of the note and the fact that that note has not being produced since that 1st production, it could be that there is a conspiracy to strangle the note out.

Na lie go kill you brother. As at today, not all naira notes have Arabic inscription on them. Even when there were Arabic inscriptions on our Naira notes, the pronunciation was in Hausa language (like naira goma) and it was for those northern Muslims who only went to Arabic schools.
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by Klington: 4:02pm On Apr 17, 2018
W3xy1:
They are angry with Jonathan 100 naira. They want to introduce Buhari 100 with Arabic on it
You're on point ...
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by MTKbudapest(m): 4:03pm On Apr 17, 2018
The Muslim's ruling this zoo stopped printing the 100 naira notes due to the Islamic signature that was removed by Jonathan during his rule. This is an Islamic state. Pls I want out
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by blesoh(f): 4:06pm On Apr 17, 2018
It's everywhere, I try as much as possible to avoid anything that would bring me #100 cos it's always very dirty.
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by MTKbudapest(m): 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2018
BrokenTV:

You are an idiot have the Islamic inscription on the uniform of the Nigeria Army been removed, is Nigeria not a secular state. Is English language not our official language. Of all the problems this country is facing this is the only problem that borders you guys.

That dude just told u the truth. It was due to the removal of Islamic inscription by Jonathan that made them to stopped reprinting it. This country is an Islamic state. Say no to one nigeria
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by Emmasteev(m): 4:08pm On Apr 17, 2018
Worn out 100note everywhere,I think am the only one noticing it
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by ayobaye(m): 4:12pm On Apr 17, 2018
ehissi:
All these people in MURIC circulating this type of sh1t on social media dey craze oooooh.....

I was thinking that they were going to reveal something different, either in the way the contracts for minting or to whom the contracts were awarded or in the process of minting that explain why the notes without Arabic are inferior.

Instead, Mr Akintola unintelligently stuck to sentiments...... angry

Ewu gambia.......... angry
Cost of production dey too high for them na
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by gabe: 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2018
it's because CBN charges banks to access cash boxes. banks opt for higher denominations to reduce cost
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by boyjo: 4:35pm On Apr 17, 2018
realmindz:
Who Else Has Noticed This About The 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation?

100 naira notes in circulation are mutilated and worn out. Secondly, pick any new 100 note and check the year of production, it is 2014. You can try it out, just check and surprisingly the year on it will be 2014.

Pls who can explain what is going on?

Help me screen-munch and tweet this to giditraffic, it is perpetrated at the toll gates in Lagos. They steal it from the Naira notes that ought to be burnt by CBN and distribute it at the toll gates. Drivers can hardly refuse them. So, stolen defective cash sffectively distributed to the unsuspecting public!
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by HiddenShadow: 4:45pm On Apr 17, 2018
Purewatermeji:

Why do you oppose the infidels when they ask for Biafra.?

1 Like

Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 17, 2018
Edddie:
Wondering why all 100naira notes are dirty, squeezed, torn and worn-out this way??
Obafemi Awolowo's Potrait is used for that currency.

And he's a Yoruba man.
Period!!!!

I KNOW WHAT YO ARE TRYING TO SAY! wink wink cheesy grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6943302_img20180310082728_jpeg4e6df0f180eb998809a26726b6b65262
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by jolyment: 4:53pm On Apr 17, 2018
It is CBN that can really answer the question.CBN will supply whatever denomination of the money they want to commercial banks.I have the new 100naira notes.CB N also make profit from printing of money but can only make higher profits from printing higher denominations.

1 Like

Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by jolyment: 4:57pm On Apr 17, 2018
MTKbudapest:
The Muslim's ruling this zoo stopped printing the 100 naira notes due to the Islamic signature that was removed by Jonathan during his rule. This is an Islamic state. Pls I want out

No,I have the new notes in my house and I got it in bank.
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by Enmas078(m): 5:26pm On Apr 17, 2018
Nigeria is broke no money to mint another one Lmao
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by somehow: 5:43pm On Apr 17, 2018
That's why you might not end this year since you want to die early.
Dayvhid:

Nigga
Kill yourself

Not everyone wants to become old grin grin grin grin
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by donbenie(m): 6:03pm On Apr 17, 2018
MrHowto:
Yes it will look so. Low quality product.
Why would it not be so when it has been in circulation for 4 years..are they not meant to be withdrawn from circulation when it gets dirty just like other denominations?
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by saintneo(m): 6:37pm On Apr 17, 2018
realmindz:
Who Else Has Noticed This About The 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation?

100 naira notes in circulation are mutilated and worn out. Secondly, pick any new 100 note and check the year of production, it is 2014. You can try it out, just check and surprisingly the year on it will be 2014.

Pls who can explain what is going on?

A plan to remove the 100year celebrations ₦100 note by Buhari/Muslims.
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by saintneo(m): 6:38pm On Apr 17, 2018
jolyment:

No,I have the new notes in my house and I got it in bank.
What year was it printed? Post pix for evidence.
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 17, 2018
somehow:
That's why you might not end this year since you want to die early.
K
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by Surgical22(f): 6:47pm On Apr 17, 2018
GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN DURING HIS ADMINISTRATION PRINTED 100NAIRA NOTES WITHOUT THE NORMAL ARABIC INSCRIPTION ON IT, THE MUSLIMS OF THIS COUNTRY TOGETHER WITH THE DAURA FANATIC WITHDREW THE CURRENCY FROM CIRCULATION, YET WE HAVE A CHRISTIAN VICE PRESIDENT. CHECK THE ONES IN CIRCULATION WELL.. SHAME ON NIGERIA!.... SHAME ON OSIBANJO!!..... SHAME ON BUHARI!!!!!!!! [color=#990000][/color] BETTER MAKE UR DETAILED RESEARCHES FOR THE AFONJA SLAVES.
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by crusufixo(m): 7:21pm On Apr 17, 2018
Though i was the only one....i noticed it too
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by adanny01(m): 7:23pm On Apr 17, 2018
authority2006:

Keeping new notes for Owambe parties didn't start today and it wasn't limited to N100 notes. Even when these new notes are kept for parties, they would still find their way into the economy because the keepers would eventually spend it. The truth is that CBN is not releasing new N100 notes into the circulation but I don't know the reason for its action

Na lie go kill you brother. As at today, not all naira notes have Arabic inscription on them. Even when there were Arabic inscriptions on our Naira notes, the pronunciation was in Hausa language (like naira goma) and it was for those northern Muslims who only went to Arabic schools.

Dont confuse the Hausa you see on N50, N20, N10 and N5 for Arabic. There is also Yoruba and Igbo, are they all pronunciations of Arabic?

Naira Hamsin is Fifty Naira in Hausa
Naira Iri Ise is Fifty Naira in Yoruba
Aadota Naira is Fifty Naira in Igbo

If it were Arabic, it would read
Naira khamsun for fifty Naira

I only agree with you that not all Naira notes have arabic. All polymer notes have 3 major languages kf Nigeria while the other notes have Arabic except tge N100

Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by UfuomaUN(m): 7:59pm On Apr 17, 2018
Purewatermeji:

goat
Re: 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? by akum78: 8:07pm On Apr 17, 2018
THE ICON NA YORUBA MAN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Value Of CFA To Naira As At Today / Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro / Herbert Wigwe Family Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.