Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" (115947 Views)

Pastor Victor Ativie: Osinachi Nwachukwu's Husband Hid Money Paid To Her (Video) / Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts / Pastor Victor Ajisafe Arrested In Sierra Leone Over Hate Speech Against Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by Hurray2030: 6:50am On Apr 18, 2018
Lies,lies,lies. I am a Senior Pastor in RCCG and never even collectef a dime for over 20 yrs as Pastor. There are a whole lot of Pastors like that. This guy just told a huge chunk of lies.

An organization like RCCG with thousands of churches cannot say they are perfect. Daddy GO is a model in humility and very few people can attain this level of success and remain so humble

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by ollah2: 6:54am On Apr 18, 2018
Hurray2030:
Lies,lies,lies. I am a Senior Pastor in RCCG and never even collectef a dime for over 20 yrs as Pastor. There are a whole lot of Pastors like that. This guy just told a huge chunk of lies.

An organization like RCCG with thousands of churches cannot say they are perfect. Daddy GO is a model in humility and very few people can attain this level of success and remain so humble

Yes, we saw the humility in the video where he confirmed to us he is the heaven's gateman.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by ollah2: 6:56am On Apr 18, 2018
God2man:
Ah! This is a dangerous thread with various comments capable of drawing people back from following Jesus.

Please be careful with what you read here.

In other words, we should be stup!d like you

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by lookingfly: 7:10am On Apr 18, 2018
XingXhang:

Atrocities? Can you list them?

If you don't, then you have comprehension problems. Trust me.
so you didn't read the part he said pastors buy properties in rccg camp and if they try leaving the church, they loose their properties so that they don't have option of voicing out the wrong doings in the church. Is this right or not, may be it's not an atrocity right.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:14am On Apr 18, 2018
mrsquib:

A preacher once held a crusade where he had no choice but to use an interpreter that was drunk, yet God still honoured His Word and touched people through the preaching. Let all pentecostal GOs be liars and scammers, God is still God and uses them to heal the sick and oppressed: do not base your faith on the leaders but on the Word. Imperfect as it is, without the hope and encouragement offered by the church through some of these pastors, many people would have committed suicide in these difficult times; so try not to throw out the baby with the bath water.
Bro, I can't believe you do believe in those stage managed miracles.
The few among them who manage to spring miracles patronise Alfas and babalawos because.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by Thisisgt50: 7:15am On Apr 18, 2018
exlinkleads:
Not up till now, people are beginning to learn the true color of Enoch Adeboye and his church, Redeemed Christain Church of God, RCCG. All thanks to OAP Daddy Freeze for opening the eyes of many Nigerians to the antics of this very untouchable pastors and GOs. Adeboye trended in bad light on social media few days ago as a video surfaced on net were he was advising his pastors to tell their congregation that if they don't pay tithes, they will not make heaven.

However, A former pastor of Redeemed Christian Church of God has resigned from the popular church and has granted interviews to celebrate his "freedom" and "expose" the things he says goes on in the church.

The Pastor, identified simply as pastor Wellington, went on air to accuse the church of being a franchise that makes money from members by putting fear in them and laying curses on them. He added that pastors are aware of this but are afraid to leave because the church has tied their properties to their membership and if they leave, they will lose everything.

Pastor Wellington called the prestigious RCCG a "Tower of Babel" and said, "it will take only God to pull down that Tower of Babel."

When he was informed that his video announcing his resignation had gone viral, Pastor Wellington said: .

"It is the Lord's doing and it's wonderful in our sight. Let it continue, let everybody hear it. I won't hide my own identity. Other pastors in the Redeemed can continue to hide their own identity. I am free. That is the demonstration of my freedom."

"So let the whole world hear what is happening within the RCCG. And I believe my testimony will be a good one, I mean, a help to all others that are in the system.

He went ahead to claim that the leader of the church was placing pastors under curses.

He said:

"I thank God that the word that I made mention of that they were putting us under curse has been confirmed through the video that you have been playing since Monday. And that even if one paid his tithe, he's still under curse."

Pastor Wellington also spoke about the different ways the church gets its income from members by collecting unending offerings and donations under different names.

He claimed that the African mission offering, which must be donated every first Sunday of each month, "goes directly to the pocket of pastor Foluke Adeboye, the wife of Adeboye."

He also claimed that RCCG is a franchise system of operation, where each parish belongs to each pastor and the pastors of each branch are expected to pay 70-75 per cent of their income to the headquarters of the church while they take the remaining for themselves. In order word, the church is loaning their brand to them in return for members' money

"You are to run with the parish. Just give them their own portion. They're borrowing you the logo and they're borrowing you their members," he claimed.

He added:

"That already has made many pastors to go into stealing because the 30 and 20 per cent that remains is not enough for them. So they have to lie, they have to cheat. They will do different kinds of things."

He also alleged that pastors of RCCG have bought lands in Redemption camp using money made from their church. But if they dare leave the Redeemed Christian Church of God, they will lose all their properties in Redemption camp. He added that as a result of this, many pastors are aware of what goes on in the church but their hands are tied and they cannot come out for fear of losing all they have.

He said:

"So what I did by leaving Redeemed Christian Church of God, many pastors in the Redeemed will not be able to do it. Many presently are hearing what you are saying but they cannot come out, because if they dare come out, they will lose everything that they've invested in the same system for many many years.

"So Redeemed is a Tower of Babel."

OAP Freeze shared the video on YouTube to promote his Free The Sheeple movement. Watch the rest of the claims Pastor Wellington made in the video below.

More @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2018/04/pastor-celebrates-his-freedom-as-he.html?m=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MreasY9eWuI
whether you like it or yes, Catholic came about Christianity, brought the bible that guide christainity, introduced it to this dark continent Africa and now some of you will come and say Catholic de worship idol, i pity una, that's how u attract God's wrath to yourself, even adeboye went to a Catholic school, Catholic help eliminate poverty from the begining , you want to argue that? Fools deceived by yesterday pastors, go to isreal or Rome and c things for yourself idiots
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by Thisisgt50: 7:16am On Apr 18, 2018
Thisisgt50:
whether you like it or yes, Catholic came about Christianity, brought the bible that guide christainity, introduced it to this dark continent Africa and now some of you will come and say Catholic de worship idol, i pity una, that's how u attract God's wrath to yourself, even adeboye went to a Catholic school, Catholic help to eradicate poverty from the begining , you want to argue that? Fools deceived by yesterday pastors, go to isreal or Rome and c things for yourself idiots
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by Thisisgt50: 7:27am On Apr 18, 2018
Hurray2030:

true talk
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by shekauvsbuhari: 8:15am On Apr 18, 2018
dorox:
The blog post failed to mention the pastor's full name or give the name of his parish which makes me think that it is a made up story designed to drive traffic to the website.
I am not of rccg, but this man is a liar. Rccg parishes remit a % of their money to their hq but the remaining % is for imprest, for running costs of de parish.I have close friends who are zonal pastors there. They pay their full-time pastors monthly, apart from pastors employed elsewhere who dnt take salaries at all. The issue of franchise and pastors taking a % to tmemselves is a total lie. I dnt know of his other claims.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by shekauvsbuhari: 8:20am On Apr 18, 2018
[quote author=Thisisgt50 post=66807345][/quote] so catholics are raised n taught to abuse people so by calling them idiots? Or are U just a bad example in their lot?
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by Davoj: 9:48am On Apr 18, 2018
Godofpossibility:
if you are to join d illuminati is either u are in d music industry or be a popular,influential person in d society which I believe Daddy freeze is,dat is why he insult and attack d genuine and anointed men of God,mean while he forgot dat d Bible said touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm,he is doing harm to d men of God by insulting and trying bring down d faith of d believers,mean while he trying to beautify and make d illuminati look very good in d eyes of d society so dat anyone can easily become their members, dat is y he insulted d years of God last week by telling everyone dat jay z illuminati build a borehole in d village dat d men of God have not done nothing mean while he forgot how deadly dey are,he forgot what dey use as sacrifice, DAT real men of God don't brag too much or tyring to show up,dis people have builds roads,help alot of poor people by giving dem money to start some thing etc.He will never insult or criticize Alfa(Muslim) or the government dat are stealing billions and trillions of naira,because is master d devil might kill him because dat should b one of d mission giving to him,d end is near d devil is looking for people to go with him to hell,he does not want to go down alone,is major target or focus is d Christians,how to discourage dem not to have regards for God,his is using d fallen angels and humans to accomplish his purpose on earth offering them wealth(money),power,women etc.be wise d end is very near, it were better u kept quiet than to join him so dat u will not receive d same course or punishment giving to him by God.for dis pastor i grow from redeemed i believe dis man is trying to blackmail,condemn d church because alot of money is not going to is pocket.I have experience d power of God don't b deceivve.
Oh my God, you have fish brain
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:49am On Apr 18, 2018
[quote author=cowmanager2000 post=66805939]

**You could as well go start your own ministry and see how easy it is to put 10 people together ...[/quotle] your moniker says it all its a view often times we see local Assembly struggling if no big pple to finance situations dee so taking all funds to headquarters is something to tinker... I was in Nccf wer sm percent of tithe stays with zones
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by bukatyne(f): 9:50am On Apr 18, 2018
MrMcJay:

Properties acquired in Redemption Camp can be lost in 3 ways:
A. The owner is a Pastor and he resigns and quits RCCG.
B. The owner is a registered member and he leaves RCCG.
C. The owners dies and none of his children attends RCCG. The property automatically belongs to RCCG.

As for the logo and name, the model is a franchise model. The HQ contributes nothing when the local parish is being set up but when the local parish collects tithes and offerings, 70% goes to the HQ.

The only thing contributed by the HQ is the authority to use the RCCG logo and name to operate the local parish and collect offerings from members.

Do you have a source for the property thing?

There is an hierarchy (Parish - Area - Zone - Province - Region - National) so the Zone creates a new parish and allocates parish pastors from existing workforce to man the new parish.

A franchise would mean that a random person can approach the church for rights to use the logo which is not what happens.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by bezimo(m): 12:04pm On Apr 18, 2018
Fake lying so called pastor..A certain pastor wellington from which branch of RCCG...Which address..We are not all stupid and daft..we can think even if we are christians

All these desperate brood of vipers wanting to rubbish the reputation of Papa Adeboye by all means has failed.
God bless RCCG
God bless Daddy Adeboye.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by platinumphotos: 12:35pm On Apr 18, 2018
XingXhang:

Nobody forced you into being a member, yet you graduated to bring a Pastor and you're still saying these?

You are spiritual baby, Sir. I put it to you you are a nursing child in spiritual things.
Even in the natural, you don't bite the fingers that fed you. I don't know how long you've been there but it's immaturity to throw sand.

No organization ever will take you in. Why? Betrayal is the word. If you could say such things after all these years of feign loyalty, you could bring them down.

The issue of Top employees leaving an establishment and casting aspersions isn't a news, even in the worldly settings. You don't have to do anything, people leave.
Some quietly and some angrily, we don't know why.

Heard of one lady who was like President Donald Trump's right hand person leave. Many people sought to hear her unveil some 'bad' reason she left.
She locked up. She actually was more than instrumental in Trump winning the election.

Is Trump perfect? No. That loud mouth president...

LOYALTY is a scarce commodity in the market of business establishment.

You are a wise man sir. I Celebrate your wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by HitlerGaddafi: 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2018
Rccg wey dey ask for degree before they employ you as provincial/ parish pastor. Rccg na company
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by Johnson5258: 1:23pm On Apr 18, 2018
Even my own dad was transferred to U.S by the G.O, it was this so called Senior Pastors that countered it and sent forth there own loyalist while they moved him out of RCCG stylishly, so may God help us abeg.
DLuciano:
Truth be told, Pastor Adeboye is never the problem of Redeem, but the various senior pastors holding administrative positions in various provinces. They make things so difficult and tough that you begin to wonder is this truly from God? They cajole you and threaten and sometimes try to frustrate your ministerial work if you don't comply. Its quite unfortunate! I know of a member who petitioned a senior pastor to G.O., G.O did not hesitate to remove him there immediately. The other senior pastors held a meeting and placed the pastor on a suspension that runs for over a year, they were angry why must he petition G.O directly, till today that pastor is still been treated like an outcast.

We are truly in the last days!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by salt1: 1:24pm On Apr 18, 2018
Hmmmmm
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by Johnson5258: 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2018
Well said
platinumphotos:

You are a wise man sir. I Celebrate your wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by Johnson5258: 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2018
Amen ooooo
bezimo:
Fake lying so called pastor..A certain pastor wellington from which branch of RCCG...Which address..We are not all stupid and daft..we can think even if we are christians

All these desperate brood of vipers wanting to rubbish the reputation of Papa Adeboye by all means has failed.
God bless RCCG
God bless Daddy Adeboye.

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Bro, I can't believe you do believe in those stage managed miracles.
The few among them who manage to spring miracles patronise Alfas and babalawos because.
Am telling you. Many of them don't know. There was one Alfa very closed to my family about 10 years ago. I have seen pastors patronising him. When I see people going after miracles that never exists. I just look at them like mumu.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by Johnson5258: 1:30pm On Apr 18, 2018
Well said but a random person cannot pastor in rccg without being a member and has attained the position. May Holy Ghost service go hot!
bukatyne:

Do you have a source for the property thing?

There is an hierarchy (Parish - Area - Zone - Province - Region - National) so the Zone creates a new parish and allocates parish pastors from existing workforce to man the new parish.

A franchise would mean that a random person can approach the church for rights to use the logo which is not what happens.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:51pm On Apr 18, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

Am telling you. Many of them don't know. There was one Alfa very closed to my family about 10 years ago. I have seen pastors patronising him. When I see people going after miracles that never exists. I just look at them like mumu.
When I workedvin Ilorin, an Alfa friend visited my office and suddenly got a phone call which made him wanna leave immediately.
Had to pay an unexpected visit to his house since his mission to my was cut short as a result of the phone call he received.
Lo and behold, it was a popular pastor from Lagos seeking miracle powers that came visiting.
'ALL' pastors re fraudsters as far as am concerned. Some of them are worse than the murderous satanist politicians we ve in Nigeria.

I only pity the miracle seeking gullible steeples who continue to believe them

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by onatisi(m): 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2018
pastor adeboye should have been more tactful with his earlier comment about tithes
when he didnt say anything about it all this while ,noone could lay any accusation on him
but by coming out to say that "NO TITHE ,NO HEAVEN " is a great slap on the faces of intelligent nigerians ,
all he should have said was , "do as ur spirit leads but as for me i and my household will continue paying tithes" this would have carried more weight as many Christians see him as their great mentor
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by InvertedHammer: 2:35pm On Apr 18, 2018
shekauvsbuhari:
I am not of rccg, but this man is a liar. Rccg parishes remit a % of their money to their hq but the remaining % is for imprest, for running costs of de parish.I have close friends who are zonal pastors there. They pay their full-time pastors monthly, apart from pastors employed elsewhere who dnt take salaries at all. The issue of franchise and pastors taking a % to tmemselves is a total lie. I dnt know of his other claims.
/
What you described is a franchise operation dressed in RCCG garb.

\
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 2:45pm On Apr 18, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
When I workedvin Ilorin, an Alfa friend visited my office and suddenly got a phone call which made him wanna leave immediately.
Had to pay an unexpected visit to his house since his mission to my was cut short as a result of the phone call he received.
Lo and behold, it was a popular pastor from Lagos seeking miracle powers that came visiting.
'ALL' pastors re fraudsters as far as am concerned. Some of them are worse than the murderous satanist politicians we ve in Nigeria.

I only pity the miracle seeking gullible steeples who continue to believe them
You aren't lying. A man once told me, he can never allow any pastor to preach to him nor pray for him. He said, he saw a lot of things when he was looking for worldly things. He said, he met highly respected pastors in Babalawos' shrines. Brother na people wey know how things dey go for religious houses. The people I pity most are the women folks that see them as demi-gods.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by iguita: 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2018
I am a Redeemer and I disagree with the tithe and hell thing. God will not for any reason harm anyone, Christian or not for not paying tithe. But this does not mean that the church is not doing a lot. RCCG is doing a lot. Most of what this guy said is BS. For me, I am open-minded. Take the sense out of his BS. #Simoke
Daviddson:
I do have my own reservations about certain things or sermons being preached in RCCG, but I'll not blindly believe that pastor Adeboye is doing any of them for intentional personal gains or that he's another satanic man hiding under the garb of "pastor". Not at all!
MODIFIED
Knowledge is progressive. There are certain things you know now that you didn't know a year ago; this is why he makes changes time and time again. No church does not have its own share of errors, mis-teachings, etc.
At the moment, I do not believe that tithing has a place in the New Testament dispensation.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by rezzy: 3:05pm On Apr 18, 2018
Firgemachar:
Rubbish!
I got irritiated where he said pastors own their parish.
I mean, that's outright falsehood.
My uncle also resigned from RCCG.

Don't mind him
My husband is a parish pastor, he doesn't own the parish. Sometimes when Zonal pastor says, Lanre, your church, my husband will quickly correct him, that it isn't his church.

And my husband doesn't give 70% of his salary to church oo, he only pays his tithe. And any other dues that comes up once in a while.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 18, 2018
Emmacolinho:
If you ain't cool with it that's your business!!! We love him and we're solidly behind him.
You should do something that your children will thank you for with your time instead of being a vagabond on social media.

Nekwa onye nko nke a!!!

Did I say u should hate the thieving pastor

Relax ur self since u don't have anything to say.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 18, 2018
Hurray2030:

Humility

And he was lying with the bible?

I don't want that type of humility.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by 1newnairalander: 4:39pm On Apr 18, 2018
all these orishirishi people trying to tarnish Daddy GO's name...issokay...

please google africa missions for more information on the organisation and its set up and what they have done so far.

also, missions offering isnt collected every sunday

nonsense!
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" by wizemax(m): 5:07pm On Apr 18, 2018
I have been attending rccg as a member for some time now because I like the way the service is run in a timely manner without undue wasting of hours.
I am afraid that even without being a worker or a pastor I believe that this man is telling the TRUTH.
Why, you might ask?
I read somewhere from a man distilling his life experiences, that if something is EASY to do and requires no extra EFFORT, it's not worth doing at all.
But on the other hand, that if something is extremely HARD to do and makes you QUESTION why you do it every time, there is a large possibility that it will pay off in the end.
After putting this theory to test, I am a firm believer.
In the same manner I postulate that if a statement is generally AGREEABLE and LOVED by a greater percentage of people, it is a LIE.
Whereas if the statement is UNPALATABLE and causes you to QUESTION what you believe, such a statement is the TRUTH.
I know that i am not the oldest nor wisest person in the world, just a youth in his early 30s, however I have found that my greatest insight have come from so called banned books than from those circulated freely.
In a nutshell, I think the pastor is legit simply because TRUTH is terribly bitter to our senses while LIES are always sweet to our ears -- ask advertisers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / ww3 to heat up before end of may 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.