Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Something You Must Know About Islamic Greetings - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Something You Must Know About Islamic Greetings (5794 Views)

How Should We Return The Greetings From A Non-muslim / What You Should Know About Islamic Finance / Responding To The Greetings Of A Parrot Or Phone Ringing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Something You Must Know About Islamic Greetings by akinsmail51: 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2018
Giving Salaam to One Person (As-Salaamu Alayk) By Shaykh AL-Uthaymeen (may Allah rest him in Jannah)

Shaykh Al-Uthaymeen was asked about the description of Salaam. He (may Allah have mercy upon him) answered by saying,” Say As-salaamu Alayk if you are greeting one person and As-Salaamu- Alaykum if you are greeting a group of people.

The proof for this is found in the hadeeth about the man who came to the masjid and didn’t pray correctly. After finishing he went to Allah’s messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) and said, “As-Salaamu Alayk ya Rasulallah”- Peace be on to you oh Messenger of Allah. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) returned the greetings. Then he(peace and blessings be upon him) said,” Redo your prayer; as you didn’t pray correctly.”

Now if you are giving the greetings to two people then say,” As-salaamu Alaykum. It is permissible to greet two people using the plural tense. And if you are greeting your mother how would you greet her? Say As-salaamu Alaykee ya ummi-peace be on you mommy. Why? Because whenever you talk to a female the Kaf (كِ ) takes a kasra. If you entered in a room and greeted your aunts and there were four or five of them, how would you greet them? You would say,” As-salaamu Alaykunna wa Rahmahtullahi wa barakatahu.” The Kaf (ك ) follows suit to the person being addressed .i.e (ك, كم, كن ) How does a Muslim reply to someone who says to him “ As-salaamu Alaykum wa Rahmahtullahi wa barakatahu, or Salaamu Alayk. The person responds by saying,” As-salaamu Alayk wa Rahmahtullahi wa barakatahu.” as well. There is no harm in doing this. It is important to say As-Salaamu Alayk.

Is it wrong to say,” Alaykumus Salaam wa rahmahtullahi wa barakatahu? Does a person say it with the wa ( و ) or without it? To say it either way is fine, but it is better to say “Wa alaykum As-salaam.”

What do we say about the person who replies to our greeting with greetings like; “Welcome, May Allah preserve you come in, Today is a happy day, This is one of the best days, or May Allah grant you success, increase your knowledge, piety and guidance etc. Are these legitimate replies to the greeting-As-salaamu alaykum?

Even though he extended a reply; I say (Shaykh Uthaymeen) if a person filled up the earth with every reply possible it could never take the place of “Alaykus salaam”. And while replying without this word he is a sinner.

To reply with Salaam or one better is an obligation for the Muslim.

This is taken from Allah’s verse, وَإِذَا حُيِّيتُمْ بِتَحِيَّةٍ فَحَيُّوا بِأَحْسَنَ مِنْهَا أَوْ رُدُّوهَا “When you are greeted with a greeting, greet in return with what is better than it, or (at least) return it equally.” [ an-Nisa’I 86 ]

Taken from Darus wa Fatawa Al-Haram Al- Madanee by Uthaymeen (1/81)

4 Likes

Re: Something You Must Know About Islamic Greetings by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:38am On Apr 18, 2018
The best form of greeting better than any other greeting in the world, the greeting of Peace, a greeting with rewards, a greeting of Prayer!
Only a sane mind will understand.

As-salaamu 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

7 Likes

Re: Something You Must Know About Islamic Greetings by Hier(m): 9:29am On Apr 20, 2018
NYP WRITERS

"Saying Nigerian Youth are Lazy by the President is Shameful"

One is said to be lazy, if he/she is unwilling to do work, make an effort, or use energy.

This cannot be said of the Nigerian youth who strive daily to make ends meet in the face of unemployment, underemployment, hardships, and so on.

There are very few jobs available in a country of more than 40m youth. Thousands of youth are seen applying to fill job vacancies of just 10 positions.
Thousands of youth have lost their jobs in the last 3 years under this dispensation.

Nigerian youth are inclined to work, they make effort by getting education/vocational training, they can not be termed "lazy".

Before somebody calls the Nigerian youth lazy, they should first provide adequate jobs, business opportunities, skill acquisition programs, among others.
If and only when these opportunities are available and the youth refuse to make good use, can they be tagged "lazy".

As a hardworking Nigerian youth, I feel slighted by the President's statement and join other Nigerian youth to say, "we are not lazy".

Yucee.
Re: Something You Must Know About Islamic Greetings by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 20, 2018
I don't like it when a Muslim brother/sister says that to me. I feel you coercing me to learn Arabic. I ignore and don't respond...sometimes I reply with a Good morning that's if I'm in a good mood. sad

2 Likes

Re: Something You Must Know About Islamic Greetings by bbm2016(m): 9:41am On Apr 20, 2018
iyke926:
I don't like it when a Muslim brother/sister says that to me. I feel you coercing me to learn Arabic. I ignore and don't respond...sometimes I reply with a Good morning that's if I'm in a good mood. sad

It's your way of thinking Mr
And you should try change it.
Re: Something You Must Know About Islamic Greetings by abdulskulboy(m): 9:46am On Apr 20, 2018
Assalamu alaikum. Juma'at kareem to you all.
Re: Something You Must Know About Islamic Greetings by STARKACE(m): 10:11am On Apr 20, 2018
bbm2016:

It's your way of thinking Mr
And you should try change it.
he isn't a Muslim. Which Muslim doesn't ans to "Salam" greetings, knowing fully what it means.

1 Like

Re: Something You Must Know About Islamic Greetings by vault(m): 10:16am On Apr 20, 2018
Jazakum laha khayran
Re: Something You Must Know About Islamic Greetings by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:04am On Apr 20, 2018
theapeman:
Greeting in Christianity!

Hello our fellow Muslim brothers and sister! Our lord Jesus Christ once said "no one come through the father except through me" so if you dont believe in our lord Jesus Christ as your personal savour and lord, undecided my fellow Muslim brothers and and sister, there is no other way in making heaven! You will die here on earth and still experience the second death (total condemnation)

As for the greeting aspect! If you don't feel like greeting don't greet just pass your way and mind your own business! Is not by force in greeting every oluwaseun or sister temi undecided just pass your way and go!

Greeting won't put food in your table.

We do not believe Jesus to be a God or son of God. Son of Man appeared thirty times in Matthew, 14 times in Mark, twenty five times in Luke and 12 times in John making 81 times in all. Jesus is a son of man never a son of God.

We believe the greeting of Peace above is similar to the one Jesus used while on earth!

Jesus in the Bible using the common Islamic greeting: "peace be upon you" (Assalam alaikum in Arabic)

Jesus (peace be upon him) often extended the greeting: “Peace be upon you,”…As you may know Muslims often greet each other with the same phrase in Arabic; “As-Salāmu `Alaykum”…Jews also use this same greeting but they say it in Hebrew; “Sholom Aleichem”. Notice the similarities in both Arabic and Hebrew. Also the common respected response to this greeting in both faiths is: “and on you be peace": in Arabic "wa `Alaykum As-Salām", and in Hebrew “Aleichem Sholom”.

"And as they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you." - New Testament (Luke 24:36)

"And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house." - New Testament (Luke 10:5)

"On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" - New Testament (John 20:19)

"Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you." - New Testament (John 20:21)

"A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" - New Testament (John 20:26)

Have you ever met a Christian who greets others with the words of Jesus: "Peace be unto you" or departs with those words? As everyone is well aware of Muslims still widely use this practice.

And Jesus can't save himself not to talk of saving anyone!

A Mother’s Request Matthew 20 vs 21-23

20 Then the mother of Zebedee’s sons came to Jesus with her sons and, kneeling down, asked a favor of him.

21 “What is it you want?” he asked.

She said, “Grant that one of these two sons of mine may sit at your right and the other at your left in your kingdom.”

22 “You don’t know what you are asking,” Jesus said to them. “Can you drink the cup I am going to drink?”

“We can,” they answered.

23 Jesus said to them, “You will indeed drink from my cup, but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared by my Father.”

Stop derailing our thread please!

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Something You Must Know About Islamic Greetings by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 20, 2018
Alhamdulilah
Re: Something You Must Know About Islamic Greetings by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 20, 2018
theapeman:
Greeting in Christianity!

Hello our fellow Muslim brothers and sister! Our lord Jesus Christ once said "no one come through the father except through me" so if you dont believe in our lord Jesus Christ as your personal savour and lord, undecided my fellow Muslim brothers and and sister, there is no other way in making heaven! You will die here on earth and still experience the second death (total condemnation)

As for the greeting aspect! If you don't feel like greeting don't greet just pass your way and mind your own business! Is not by force in greeting every oluwaseun or sister temi undecided just pass your way and go!
Je

Greeting won't put food in your table.
Jesus son of Mary is only a messenger of Allah the messenger of whom has passed away and his mother is saintly woman and they both use to eat earthly food, c how we make the revelation cleared to the them, c how they turned away quoted from the holy Quran, according to the glorious Quran Jesus was neither killed nor persecuted Allah said we brought him unto us but it looks to them as if he was killed , on judgement day Allah will ask Jesus did u tell ur people to worship u and ur mother as two gods besides Allah, allegation Jesus will deny saying I don't speak on my way except of wich u know, it is their heart desire, Jesus a a great prophet of Islam, Jesus in the Quran mould clay the likeness of a bird blew life into it and flew, this miracle is no where recorded in the bible, Allah say Jesus the son of Mary is able to heal him who is born blind by my permission, is able to raise the death alive by permission, all this miracle Jesus perform is by the permission of the supreme which is Allah.

3 Likes

Re: Something You Must Know About Islamic Greetings by balarabe01(m): 11:45am On Apr 20, 2018
salam alaikum is not a muslim greeting,please stop fucking up,its was the pre-islamic greeting used in early arabia,when muhd bcame a selfacclaimed prophet he introduced assalamu alaikum+wa rahmantullahi wa barakatuhu.and non muslim arabs use the former greeting bit today muslims want to monopolize the greetings both ,and they dont use it on non muslims or ex_muslims.
beside where is the peace and blessing in muslim ummah or countries?every muslim community is plagued with war,disease,hatred and above all povery.abeg my muslims radicalize the world is fast moving.
Stop the hipocracy.

1 Like

Re: Something You Must Know About Islamic Greetings by Pataricatering(f): 12:13pm On Apr 20, 2018
So Arabic is Allahs language ? We might as well stop speaking our native language and start speaking Arabic! See mind colonization! That’s why I would always respect our native deities to these forced middle eastern religions !

1 Like

Re: Something You Must Know About Islamic Greetings by theapeman: 12:32pm On Apr 20, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

We do not believe Jesus to be a God or son of God. Son of Man appeared thirty times in Matthew, 14 times in Mark, twenty five times in Luke and 12 times in John making 81 times in all. Jesus is a son of man never a son of God.

We believe the greeting of Peace above is similar to the one Jesus used while on earth!

Jesus in the Bible using the common Islamic greeting: "peace be upon you" (Assalam alaikum in Arabic)

Jesus (peace be upon him) often extended the greeting: “Peace be upon you,”…As you may know Muslims often greet each other with the same phrase in Arabic; “As-Salāmu `Alaykum”…Jews also use this same greeting but they say it in Hebrew; “Sholom Aleichem”. Notice the similarities in both Arabic and Hebrew. Also the common respected response to this greeting in both faiths is: “and on you be peace": in Arabic "wa `Alaykum As-Salām", and in Hebrew “Aleichem Sholom”.

"And as they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you." - New Testament (Luke 24:36)

"And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house." - New Testament (Luke 10:5)

"On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" - New Testament (John 20:19)

"Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you." - New Testament (John 20:21)

"A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" - New Testament (John 20:26)

Have you ever met a Christian who greets others with the words of Jesus: "Peace be unto you" or departs with those words? As everyone is well aware of Muslims still widely use this practice.

20 Then the mother of Zebedee’s sons came to Jesus with her sons and, kneeling down, asked a favor of him.

She said, “Grant that one of these two sons of mine may sit at your right and the other at your left in your kingdom.”

22 “You don’t know what you are asking,” Jesus said to them. “Can you drink the cup I am going to drink?”

“We can,” they answered.

23 Jesus said to them, “You will indeed drink from my cup, but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared by my Father.”

1 Corinthians 15:28
Verse Concepts
When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all.

Psalm 2:7
Verse Concepts
"I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.

Hebrews 1:5
Verse Concepts
For to which of the angels did He ever say, "YOU ARE MY SON, TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU"? And again, "I WILL BE A FATHER TO HIM AND HE SHALL BE A SON TO ME"?

Matthew 3:17
Verse Concepts
and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased
."

Matthew 17:5
Verse Concepts
While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, "This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him
!"

Mark 1:11
Verse Concepts
and a voice came out of the heavens: "You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased."

John 1:14
Verse Concepts
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

1 John 4:10
Verse Concepts
In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins

John 14:13
Verse Concepts
"Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

John 5:19
Verse Concepts
Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner.

John 5:26
Verse Concepts
"For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself;

Mark 14:61
Verse Concepts
But He kept silent and did not answer Again the high priest was questioning Him, and saying to Him, "Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?"

Mark 5:7
Verse Concepts
and shouting with a loud voice, he said, "What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God, do not torment me!"

Luke 8:28
Verse Concepts
Seeing Jesus, he cried out and fell before Him, and said in a loud voice, "What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg You, do not torment me."

Acts 13:33
Verse Concepts
that God has fulfilled this promise to our children in that He raised up Jesus, as it is also written in the second Psalm, 'YOU ARE MY SON; TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU.'

Hebrews 5:5
Verse Concepts
So also Christ did not glorify Himself so as to become a high priest, but He who said to Him, "YOU ARE MY SON, TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU";

Mark 9:7
Verse Concepts
Then a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud, "This is My beloved Son, listen to Him!"

Luke 3:22
Verse Concepts
and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came out of heaven, "You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased."

2 Peter 1:17
Verse Concepts
For when He received honor and glory from God the Father, such an utterance as this was made to Him by the Majestic Glory, "This is My beloved Son with whom I am well-pleased"--

Luke 9:35
Verse Concepts
Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!"

Romans 1:4
Verse Concepts
who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord,

Matthew 2:15
Verse Concepts
He remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet: "OUT OF EGYPT I CALLED MY SON."

Luke 20:13
Verse Concepts
"The owner of the vineyard said, 'What shall I do? I will send my beloved son; perhaps they will respect him.'

Hebrews 1:8
Verse Concepts
But of the Son He says, "YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER, AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM.

1 John 5:9
Verse Concepts
If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater; for the testimony of God is this, that He has testified concerning His Son.

1 John 5:10
Verse Concepts
The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son.

My deal Muslim brother! It is there and it only take those who are fill with the holy spirit to truly understand the bible.

Even the devil himself don't believe Jesus is the son of god and " how can a son of God come to earth and die for our sin".

And this are the thing we use to identify fake prophets and the devil also.

Pls give your life to Christ Jesus Christ.

#theonlineevangelist

4 Likes

Re: Something You Must Know About Islamic Greetings by theapeman: 12:43pm On Apr 20, 2018
saeedowolab:

Jesus son of Mary is only a messenger of Allah the messenger of whom has passed away and his mother is saintly woman and they both use to eat earthly food, c how we make the revelation cleared to the them, c how they turned away quoted from the holy Quran, according to the glorious Quran Jesus was neither killed nor persecuted Allah said we brought him unto us but it looks to them as if he was killed , on judgement day Allah will ask Jesus did u tell ur people to worship u and ur mother as two gods besides Allah, allegation Jesus will deny saying I don't speak on my way except of wich u know, it is their heart desire, Jesus a a great prophet of Islam, Jesus in the Quran mould clay the likeness of a bird blew life into it and flew, this miracle is no where recorded in the bible, Allah say Jesus the son of Mary is able to heal him who is born blind by my permission, is able to raise the death alive by permission, all this miracle Jesus perform is by the permission of the supreme which is Allah.
sorry!

The Jesus we know in our Bible don't do superstitious thing as in moulding clay in likeness of bird and blew life into it! To what significant it is anyway!

Our lord Jesus Christ is not a magician to perform such foolish act! The Jesus I know of heals multitude, feed the thousands.

He won't step so low in making mould bird.

1 Like

Re: Something You Must Know About Islamic Greetings by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:57pm On Apr 20, 2018
theapeman:

Verse Concepts
When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all.

Verse Concepts
"I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.

Verse Concepts
For to which of the angels did He ever say, "YOU ARE MY SON, TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU"? And again, "I WILL BE A FATHER TO HIM AND HE SHALL BE A SON TO ME"?

Verse Concepts
and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased
."

Verse Concepts
While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, "This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him
!"

Verse Concepts
and a voice came out of the heavens: "You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased."

Verse Concepts
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Verse Concepts
In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins

Verse Concepts
"Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Verse Concepts
Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner.

Verse Concepts
"For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself;

Verse Concepts
But He kept silent and did not answer Again the high priest was questioning Him, and saying to Him, "Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?"

Verse Concepts
and shouting with a loud voice, he said, "What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God, do not torment me!"

Verse Concepts
Seeing Jesus, he cried out and fell before Him, and said in a loud voice, "What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg You, do not torment me."

Verse Concepts
that God has fulfilled this promise to our children in that He raised up Jesus, as it is also written in the second Psalm, 'YOU ARE MY SON; TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU.'

Verse Concepts
So also Christ did not glorify Himself so as to become a high priest, but He who said to Him, "YOU ARE MY SON, TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU";

Verse Concepts
Then a cloud formed, overshadowing them, and a voice came out of the cloud, "This is My beloved Son, listen to Him!"

Verse Concepts
and the Holy Spirit descended upon Him in bodily form like a dove, and a voice came out of heaven, "You are My beloved Son, in You I am well-pleased."

Verse Concepts
For when He received honor and glory from God the Father, such an utterance as this was made to Him by the Majestic Glory, "This is My beloved Son with whom I am well-pleased"--

Verse Concepts
Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!"

Verse Concepts
who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord,

Verse Concepts
He remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet: "OUT OF EGYPT I CALLED MY SON."

Verse Concepts
"The owner of the vineyard said, 'What shall I do? I will send my beloved son; perhaps they will respect him.'

Verse Concepts
But of the Son He says, "YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER, AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM.

Verse Concepts
If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater; for the testimony of God is this, that He has testified concerning His Son.

Verse Concepts
The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son.

My deal Muslim brother! It is there and it only take those who are fill with the holy spirit to truly understand the bible.

Even the devil himself don't believe Jesus is the son of god and " how can a son of God come to earth and die for our sin".

#theonlineevangelist

I think you are very determined to derail this thread! ok!

Why do i have to give my life to Christ? Does that means i own my life already and Christ does not own my life as he is not God?

Sons of God plenty o!

Adam was also God's son.

Luke 3:38

Which was [the son] of Enos, which was [the son] of Seth, which was [the son] of Adam, which was [the son] of God.

Some of God's sons had sex with women producing a race of giants.

Please do tell us if Jesus was among them here:

Genesis 6:2-4

That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they [were] fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also [is] flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown.

Satan and his companions were sons of God.

Job 1:6

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

Job 2:1

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.

God's sons were present when the universe was created.

Job 38:6-7

Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Christians are God's sons.

John 1:12

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

1 Like

Re: Something You Must Know About Islamic Greetings by Abdulmujeeb52(m): 11:08pm On Apr 20, 2018
Hier:
NYP WRITERS

"Saying Nigerian Youth are Lazy by the President is Shameful"

One is said to be lazy, if he/she is unwilling to do work, make an effort, or use energy.

This cannot be said of the Nigerian youth who strive daily to make ends meet in the face of unemployment, underemployment, hardships, and so on.

There are very few jobs available in a country of more than 40m youth. Thousands of youth are seen applying to fill job vacancies of just 10 positions.
Thousands of youth have lost their jobs in the last 3 years under this dispensation.

Nigerian youth are inclined to work, they make effort by getting education/vocational training, they can not be termed "lazy".

Before somebody calls the Nigerian youth lazy, they should first provide adequate jobs, business opportunities, skill acquisition programs, among others.
If and only when these opportunities are available and the youth refuse to make good use, can they be tagged "lazy".

As a hardworking Nigerian youth, I feel slighted by the President's statement and join other Nigerian youth to say, "we are not lazy".

Yucee.
You need not bring it here , for here is strictly about Islam.
We know how it hurts .
Re: Something You Must Know About Islamic Greetings by Abdulmujeeb52(m): 11:19pm On Apr 20, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

“We can,” they answered.

Jazakum aheiran our reverent ukthi for that wonderful reply .
Re: Something You Must Know About Islamic Greetings by Abdulmujeeb52(m): 11:35pm On Apr 20, 2018
Pataricatering:
So Arabic is Allahs language ? We might as well stop speaking our native language and start speaking Arabic! See mind colonization! That’s why I would always respect our native deities to these forced middle eastern religions !
Allah has special favourite for Arabic language ,I think that's why Quran is written in Arabic lang .
Besides ,that is the language Al-janah inhabitants will be greeting themselves with Insha Allah.
may Allah make us be among them. Ameen.

1 Like

Re: Something You Must Know About Islamic Greetings by Abdulmujeeb52(m): 11:43pm On Apr 20, 2018
theapeman:

Verse Concepts

Verse Concepts

Verse Concepts

Verse Concepts
."

Verse Concepts
!"

Verse Concepts

Verse Concepts

Verse Concepts

Verse Concepts

Verse Concepts

Verse Concepts

Verse Concepts

Verse Concepts

Verse Concepts

Verse Concepts

Verse Concepts

Verse Concepts

Verse Concepts

Verse Concepts

Verse Concepts

Verse Concepts

Verse Concepts

Verse Concepts

Verse Concepts

Verse Concepts

Verse Concepts

#theonlineevangelist
Nasoro and their trespassing spirit.

(1) (Reply)

Babs787, Where Did Allah Ever Refer To Muhammad As "the Spirit"? / Marriage Contract: Verbal Or Written? / Christians (evangelism) And Their Deceptions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.