Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

7 Top Mistakes You Need To Aviod Before Running A Facebook Ad - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 7 Top Mistakes You Need To Aviod Before Running A Facebook Ad (477 Views)

Step-by-step Guide On How To Embed A Facebook Video In Wordpress / Who Can Help Me Run A Facebook Ad?? / Can I Create Facebook Ad With My New Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Top Mistakes You Need To Aviod Before Running A Facebook Ad by akinjuly77(m): 3:12pm On Apr 17, 2018
7 TOP MISTAKES YOU NEED TO AVOID BEFORE RUNNING A FACEBOOK AD

If you really want to succeed online one of skill you need to learn is how to run a successful Facebook Advert that is if you already have a Facebook Business Page for either your online or offline business

Below are 7 Mistakes you need to avoid when starting your Facebook Ad Campaign

1: Not doing Your Homework Before Hopping on Facebook

2: Leaving your Placement as Automatic instead of Manual Bidding

3: Using Manual Bidding Instead of Automatic Bidding

4: Trying to scale up Fast with a New Account

5: Poor Advert Message or Ad Content or copy

6 Poor Image or Video

7 Poor Targeting

1 ✅ NOT DOING YOUR HOME WORK PROPERLY BEFORE HOPPING ON FACEBOOK

1) What is Your Objective

2)What Audience are you trying to reach

3)How do you intend to reach them

4)What type of Objective Facebook Campaign Do you want to run

Robert G Allen the author of "Multiple Streams of Income"

That is what a Fisherman does

He has bait but he will search every where to get where there are lot of fishes where he can place his hook to get more fishes

Said before starting your online marketing campaign

Your first goal shouldn't be about your products and services you want to promote

80% of your Ad set and time is to find where those your customer to be are

So before I start my Campaign I spend more Time on how I can get my target audience

2 ✅ LEAVING PLACEMENTS AS AUTOMATIC INSTEAD OF EDITTING YOUR PLACEMENT TO MANUAL

When you want to run your Facebook Ad ensure you don't put it on Automatic rather Click on Edit Placement so that your Ad don't show on all platform thereby making you to spend more money and targeting unecessary audience

So make sure you uncheck Instagram,Audience Network, Instant Articles, Instream Videos_ e.t.c

You need to Click on Edit Placement so as to direct your Ad only to Facebook Feed

And on Mobile and not Desktop

Most people uses mobile more than desktop to surf the internet

3 ✅ USING MANUAL BIDDING INSTEAD OF AUTOMATIC BIDDING

Facebook will suggest you to leave your Ad campaign on automatic but due to most people's inexperience they will want to minimize cost by trying to click manual which is not good for your Advert

4 ✅ TRYING TO SCALE UP FAST WITH A NEW ACCOUNT

Scaling up is a terminology used in Digital Marketing when trying to increase your ad spent/budget while running an high performing Facebook Ad campaign.

My advise is don't increase your ad budget too early such as trying to increase from $3 to $30 so as to get more result or else you will be tagged by Facebook as a scammer and your Facebook page might be flagged or banned

Imagine running a Facebook ad of about $80 to make $4,000 worth of sales

This made me now to begin to learn and even pay for online courses on how to run FBK Ad at minimal cost and get higher returns

5 ✅ POOR ADVERT MESSAGE

Your advert copy or ad content people see is very important.

How you write,form or make up your advert content on your post is a key to how your ad will engage,get good response and succeed

Their are about 5 types Fail Proof Ad copies that you need to learn before getting your FBK ad set up

Your First Sentence, Your Headline,Your Call To Action,The Body of your Ad content are some of the 3 Top elements you ought to be serious about if you want to run FB ads that win big

E.g these two titles on health Weight Loss Niche can give you different cost per engagement

1: Discover how to lose 10kg in 2weeks ($ 0.15 per click

2: Every nite,I cried myself to sleep....I was too fat ($0.01 per click)

These two headlines are for the same Advert

One cost more per click and one cost less..

The second cost lesser because it was more emotional and filled with suspense

Their is a basic human psychology to online marketing

6 ✅POOR IMAGE OR VIDEO

What catches most people's attention on Social Media is Images and even Videos are more engaging especially on Facebook and Instagram

It is often said 1 Picture can speak 1000 language than text

The type of your image/video/info graphics are very important

Images that are wide,colorful, thought provoking,attention grabbing with little or no text performs better on Facebook ad

I will share some images and videos I have used for advert that got more result

So watch what kind of images and videos you use for ad

I do more of videos for Page Post because they are more engaging because people respond well more

7 ✅ POOR TARGETING

Noting is going to work if you end up targeting the wrong set of people

Their are different types of targeting

We have Broad Medium and Narrow Targeting

Example if you are running an ad that has to do with business

If you Click the *Interest* and checked BUSINESS your Targeting will be too broad

If you checked

DANGOTE your Targeting might be Medium

But if you clicked or picked

BUSINESS MAGAZINE

Your Targeting will be more narrow,specific and more better

It is better to target 150,000 specific people on your Advert than targeting 1,500,000 Audience on Facebook

You can target people more on their Demographics,Location, Age,Online Behavior,Type of Employment, Level of Education

Their are still more powerful tools to get better Targeting for your business,products & services

So in summary if you have poor Targeting you will just be dashing Facebook your money
--------
Akinyemi is a Marketing Wizard at Climaxbox. Successfully got an award from Google as a Top Contributor at Google Advertisers Forum.

He his also Google Adwords & Facebook Certified.
Re: 7 Top Mistakes You Need To Aviod Before Running A Facebook Ad by akinjuly77(m): 3:16pm On Apr 17, 2018
You can also read

How to Fund your Facebook Ads Account - for Advertisers.

A lot of advertisers in Nigeria have challenges funding their Ads account using Naira Master Cards.

Advertisers are going through other 3rd party Alternatives.
So, I want to shed more light to why you are unable to fund your account and a good solution without using 3rd party alternative Tools to fund your Facebook Ads account.

Let me briefly explain why you unable to fund your Ads account on Facebook.

Those with very old accounts will have the default payment gateway system of Facebook attached to their account automatically.

And this default Facebook is only for International Cards.

Although, Facebook does not want Nigerians to make use of the default Facebook payment gateway system since they have a partnership with the PayU Payment gateway, Which accepts Naira Cards, This information has not been well circulated.

Note : The only gateway system Nigerians can use to make payment when they want to fund their Ads account is by using their Naira Cards via PayU

If you haven't seen the PayU payment gateway system as an alternative, it means your account is definitely an old account and you will not be able to make use of your Naira card to fund your Account.

Here comes the only solution for Advertisers.

If you want to have a smooth payment system that will enable you to use your Naira card to fund your account without using 3rd Party Tools.

You need to *Create a new facebook account*

Make sure you pick Nigeria as a location while Registering (Make it original).

After creating a new Facebook account you will be able to see PayU payment gateway and fund your Ads account through it.

The gateway system accepts Naira Card. And if you have problems with your card you will need to contact your Financial institution or it's customer care to sort it out for you.

I have used the following Cards to fund my Ads account GT Bank, Stanbic Bank and Access Bank.

Lastly you can make use of Facebook Ads Manager to adjust the Ads settings on your New Facebook Account.

Cheers!
Re: 7 Top Mistakes You Need To Aviod Before Running A Facebook Ad by MrCoker: 7:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
Nice write up..

Lalasticlala
Re: 7 Top Mistakes You Need To Aviod Before Running A Facebook Ad by akinjuly77(m): 5:03am On Apr 18, 2018
MrCoker:
Nice write up..

Lalasticlala

Thanks a lot.

(1) (Reply)

Website Builders - An Easy Way To Launch Your Website / Latest Project Done...offline Mobile Banking System Using USSD / Get A Quality HYIP PHP Script

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.