Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

8 Signs Of Tiredness That Makes It Dangerous To Drive - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 8 Signs Of Tiredness That Makes It Dangerous To Drive (7539 Views)

Christmas In Aba: No Roads To Drive (Pictures) / Indian Driver Allows His Monkey To Drive The Bus On A Busy Road / Canada's Refugee Board Makes It Harder For Nigerians To Be Granted Asylum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Signs Of Tiredness That Makes It Dangerous To Drive by autojosh: 3:23pm On Apr 17, 2018
Driving is a complex activity. It requires all your senses to be at full alert.

All your senses needs to be fully alert because they would have to contribute to several important split second driving decisions that you will make.

Drowsiness or sleepiness decreases our sense of good judgment, and increases risk taking.

Sleep or tiredness does not come suddenly. There are always signs that we exhibit to inform us that we are tired or that sleep beckons. When any of these signs are detected, it is very important that certain measures be urgently taken to counter their effects.

Autojosh presents a few signs that tell us that we are too tired, sleepy or dangerously distracted to drive.

1. Yawning repeatedly or rubbing your eyes

You keep yawning. Or you keep rubbing your eyes. These are obvious sign of tiredness or sleepiness. When this is observed, it is important that you stop for a quick nap or engage in an activity that will get you sleep-free.

2. Tailgating

Tailgating is when you drive dangerously too close to the car ahead of you, sometimes a few inches. When you find yourself unconsciously driving too close or hitting the bumper of cars ahead of you then you are distracted by something that is likely sleep or tiredness.

3. Missing exits or traffic signs

When we keep missing exit turns or traffic light signals, this is a sign of distractions. These distractions can be as a result of some reasons such as tiredness, sleepiness or a wandering mind.

4. Drifting from your lane

Unconsciously driving off your lane and wandering into another is a sign of a distracted, tired, or sleepy driver. It could have fatal consequences especially when cars in the other lanes are not hinted that you are suddenly driving into their lanes.

5. Daydreaming

Your mind keeps wandering off or you experience disconnected thoughts.

6. Frequent Blinking, Or Heavy Eyelids

When you start experiencing intermittent blinking or your eyelids suddenly becomes too heavy to keep open, this are unmistakable signs of a tired and sleepy driver.

7. Feeling restless and irritable

When you become restless and everything around annoys you while you are driving, this is often a sign of tiredness.

8. Trouble keeping your head up

You find it hard to keep your heap up. As your head falls or drops forward as a result of sleepiness.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/6-signs-of-tiredness-that-makes-it-dangerous-to-drive/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Signs Of Tiredness That Makes It Dangerous To Drive by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 17, 2018
all this one na normal signs wen person suppose know na

2 Likes

Re: 8 Signs Of Tiredness That Makes It Dangerous To Drive by NothingDoMe: 8:39am On Apr 18, 2018
When you keep looking at girls while driving. Shows you are really tired and need to rest.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Signs Of Tiredness That Makes It Dangerous To Drive by dynamicjtltd(m): 2:14pm On May 10, 2018
Yawns..

Please check signature for details of what we do...
Re: 8 Signs Of Tiredness That Makes It Dangerous To Drive by lekkan(m): 2:15pm On May 10, 2018
Ok
Re: 8 Signs Of Tiredness That Makes It Dangerous To Drive by SleakBuzzPR: 2:15pm On May 10, 2018
Just drink Black Panther and your generation will never know sleep while driving...

Available for distribution nationwide.

Head Office....243 Iweka Road Onitsha

1 Like

Re: 8 Signs Of Tiredness That Makes It Dangerous To Drive by vizkiz: 2:15pm On May 10, 2018
I always make sure I have chewing gum or something else to keep my mouth busy and some rock music playing whenever I am driving.

Whenever I feel sleepy, I pack and take a nap. Never force yourself on motion.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Signs Of Tiredness That Makes It Dangerous To Drive by PPCDigitals: 2:15pm On May 10, 2018
Re: 8 Signs Of Tiredness That Makes It Dangerous To Drive by fluffylarose: 2:16pm On May 10, 2018
All that was listed is very common but the summary of it is to avoid driving when you are fatigued.
Re: 8 Signs Of Tiredness That Makes It Dangerous To Drive by Ezedon(m): 2:17pm On May 10, 2018
That's good
Re: 8 Signs Of Tiredness That Makes It Dangerous To Drive by chinavs9ja(m): 2:18pm On May 10, 2018
When you are pressed while driving grin

Check my signature
Re: 8 Signs Of Tiredness That Makes It Dangerous To Drive by kmaster007: 2:19pm On May 10, 2018
a bottle of codeine, ur good too go
Re: 8 Signs Of Tiredness That Makes It Dangerous To Drive by Tospark(m): 2:20pm On May 10, 2018
So??
Re: 8 Signs Of Tiredness That Makes It Dangerous To Drive by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 10, 2018
very true,2 days back don't even know how I got to bonny camp from ajah alive,I swear I was not myself,I could see myself driving but not the one behind the wheel
Re: 8 Signs Of Tiredness That Makes It Dangerous To Drive by femi4: 5:19pm On May 10, 2018
Entering gallops that you could easily dodge on a normal day back to back
Re: 8 Signs Of Tiredness That Makes It Dangerous To Drive by bfn1: 7:09pm On May 10, 2018
femi4:
Entering gallops that you could easily dodge on a normal day back to back
Very true, bro. 2 & 3 too. cool
Re: 8 Signs Of Tiredness That Makes It Dangerous To Drive by oxygenlove(m): 7:33pm On May 10, 2018
repeating the same thing ,

(1) (Reply)

MMIA Rated Amongst Top 10 Biggest Airports In Africa / My Touching Encounter With A Gala Seller Yesterday- This Changed My View On Life / Some Amazing Facts About Bahamas, Dubai, And Barbados.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.