Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts (59287 Views)

Turkish Police Storm RCCG Church In Istanbul To Arrest Members (video) / RCCG Church Built Under High Tension Mast In Lagos (Video, Photos) / Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Omooba77: 4:13pm On Apr 17, 2018
It will be good the Pastor put the record straight

1. Africa Mission offering is not done every week; unless the Parish/Area/Zone/Province made a commitement to do so. I will be more clearer on tnis if I know his parish.

Also money does not go straight to the purse of mummy G.O. Foluke Adeboye; there is a board headed by Pastor Brown Oyitso.

2. The church does not place anyone under curse; only reading what Malachi 3:8-10 says.

3. Lands in camp are not bought but free of charge after paying developmental fees and meeting other requirements; one of which you must be a member of RCCG. If you decide to leave, you can remove your house, but the land belongs to RCCG.

4.You shall know the Truth, the Truth shall set you free, if you know it. I will impore Pastor Wellington to ask for the leading of the Holy Spirit.

I am writing as a private member and as a worker in RCCG,; Iam not the spoke's man.

5. RCCG is not a cult; there is free entry and free exit

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Kingpee2(m): 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
Breeze don blow and we don see fowl yansh...

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Omooba77: 5:01pm On Apr 17, 2018
Bible is true; people will always have different opinion; but always look at them with eyes of love.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Omooba77: 10:29am On Apr 18, 2018
Seun, please let people hear the Church too.
cc lalasticlala
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Omooba77: 10:32am On Apr 18, 2018
From my little experience;
1. Ordination issue
2. Transfer
3. Promotion
are some of the real issues and when expectations are not met; people become rebellious.

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Sheuns(m): 12:16pm On Apr 18, 2018
shocked

They didn't deny the allegations after all.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Oyindidi(f): 12:16pm On Apr 18, 2018
The person even get time to reply

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 18, 2018
grin

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Daviddson(m): 12:17pm On Apr 18, 2018
Those of us who are either members of or familiar with RCCG put up a defence yesterday.
I can confidently say that your first rebuttal is in order. In my own parish sef, they've never collected African Mission offering, as far as I know. What members are told to give towards is CSR offering (and it's even every month) that forms part of the money the church uses for huuuge humanitarian services.
However, I still think RCCG have few gray areas that need to be looked at and corrections made.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by MuttleyLaff: 12:17pm On Apr 18, 2018
Omooba77:

1. Africa Mission offering is not done every week; unless the Parish/Area/Zone/Province made a commitement to do so. I will be more clearer on tnis if I know his parish.

Also money does not go straight to the purse of mummy G.O. Foluke Adeboye; there is a board headed by Pastor Brown Oyitso.

2. The church does not place anyone under curse; only reading what Malachi 3:8-10 says.

3. Lands in camp are not bought but free of charge after paying developmental fees and meeting other requirements; one of which you must be a member of RCCG.
If you decide to leave, you can remove your house, but the land belongs to RCCG.

4.You shall know the Truth, the Truth shall set you free, if you know it. I will impore Pastor Wellington to ask for the leading of the Holy Spirit.

I am writing as a private member and as a worker in RCCG,; I am not the spoke's man

5. RCCG is not a cult; there is free entry and free exit
... and apparently "the price to pay for deciding to leave" fee exit too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by OnyeJombo: 12:17pm On Apr 18, 2018
cheesy
Buhari and his pack of goons after 2019

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by faithfull18(f): 12:17pm On Apr 18, 2018
Hmmm...

Check out my profile or signature.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by 0temSapien: 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
The prophecy of the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH is already coming to pass. Thank you NATURE.

Doctufos: Eartum 41:18-19
18. You shall hear disagreement among the religious. They shall disagree over the divinity of their deities. They shall disagree over the ordinances of their gods too. They shall disagree over the afterlives made by their gods, over the payment of their dues to their gods.
19. Yes, the eyes of the sheep shall be opened to know and see the truth. Rejoice o homos of Ebira in Kougi. For you have begotten Otem. Rejoice o land of Eko, because you have gotten a guest.

See this also. Don't be surprised if this pastor starts up his own church as prophesied in the Doctufos.
Doctufos:
[Brainites 2:12-18]

12. And the pastors began to go apart to start their own church business.
1[b] 13. Then Rotimi who was a brain user said, why are we having many pastors from the churches of wilhem, Daoud, Krisht and Inoki(Enoch Adeboye) starting up their own churches?[/b]
14. Is Yahweh who is in the cage calling them to start their own churches or they are only doing it for the sake of their pockets?
15. The brain users spoke many harsh words against Yahweh, Allah and any god and nothing bad happened to them.
16. These also opened the eyes of many people. And religion was fast becoming depopulated.
17. This was also the period when the noise of end time and rapture became mostly heard.
18. It was so because the Krishtens fear so much that their god Yahweh will immediately destroy the world because of the manner the people make fun of their god.

https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos/65#62480142

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by GlobalGisting(m): 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
All I knw be say Tithe is not for Christians and anyone who forces, coerces or tries to victimize anyone for not giving offery or paying tithe is not a Christian.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
Believers should be cautious in these last days. The enemy is trying all it could to pull down men that are standing for God. Don't be an accomplish of the enemy. Mind what you say, think, and do; especially on issues of the kingdom.

35 Likes

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Benjom(m): 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
undecided
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by aku626(m): 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
So what if he resigns do they even sign?
As a worker it is a voluntary service and same applies for part-time pastors. Only full time pastors are catered for by the church. As OP mentioned it is either he's been transfered or he's not fit to run in that capacity anymore due to personal reasons.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by phemmyfour: 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
What kind of rule is that: "If you want to leave RCCG, you can remove your house from their land"

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by CowHard: 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
Afonja cone heads....

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by thesicilian: 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
Omooba77:

We all know where the money goes to ultimately.

Along with John 3:16, this is about the only scripture that many Christians can quote comfortably nowadays.

3. Lands in camp are not bought but free of charge after paying developmental fees and meeting other requirements; one of which you must be a member of RCCG. If you decide to leave, you can remove your house, but the land belongs to RCCG.
Shoroniyen?
See talk! So house has become a sign post that you can easily uproot from one place and plant in another area?!
Why not give them the option of buying the land?

I believe the correct scripture here is, "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." - John 8:32. It doesn't say "set" free, or"if you know it." Whole lot of difference.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Endougs(m): 12:19pm On Apr 18, 2018
Ok ohh we dey watch as the movie dey play out still dey wait for the church to respond.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Firefire(m): 12:19pm On Apr 18, 2018
End time story.
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by GuntersChain(m): 12:19pm On Apr 18, 2018
This is so funny. Lol

3. Lands in camp are not bought but free of charge after paying developmental fees and meeting other requirements; one of which you must be a member of RCCG. If you decide to leave, you can remove your house, but the land belongs to RCCG

16 Likes

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by damosky12(m): 12:20pm On Apr 18, 2018
If only we could just focus our messages in the church on Christ. That's the primary basis of our gathering in the church.

1 Corinthians 3:10-11
[10]According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
[11]For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Galatians 1:6-7
[6]I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
[7]Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

Ephesians 4:12-13
[12]For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
[13]Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

If only, some of our pastors started off knowing this...

To those who will use minor disagreements like this stop you from attending church, don't give the developed a hold.

Find a church that centers on the risen Christ.

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by iamprofralph: 12:20pm On Apr 18, 2018
Twisted.....i will implore you let your belief guide you, what works for A might not work for B.....
Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by flamingREED(m): 12:20pm On Apr 18, 2018
Critics are known for one thing:

They have neither belonged nor will belong.

Criticism is all they do.
To them, 'something must be wrong'.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by alobright17(m): 12:20pm On Apr 18, 2018
member of RCCG. If you decide to leave, you can remove your house, but the land belongs to RCCG.

Remove the house go where

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Lagbaja01(m): 12:21pm On Apr 18, 2018
can someone explain that number 4 to me in simple English.? undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Whothecapfits: 12:22pm On Apr 18, 2018
You can only deceive some people, you can not deceive everybody.
One after the other, the sheepill shall be freed

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by Dongreat(m): 12:22pm On Apr 18, 2018
I hardly comment on Nairaland these days due to the invasion of kids and/or people who wanted to deliberately act stupid for likes and being infamous.
But I have to say something about this RCCG issues. This is a firsthand saying. My mum rented her land to RCCG in Warri and initially they agreed to pay yearly fees of which was being fulfilled. But suddenly there was a delay in payment and my mum ask them that despite their members, offerings, tithes and other donations, why can’t they pay their fees and the pastor told my mum that when the money is collected every Sunday, the elders get the total, take a share of the money to the HQ and give him the remaining for the Maintenance of the church. The little he is given can’t take care of church stuff nor pay rent that’s why he is struggling for rent.
My mum met the elders and ask why is it like that and they said it’s directions from HQ and they are powerless. One funny thing is they told my mum to sow the land to them and God will reward her well. Mum laughed and said God has already rewarded me by making me to buy this land, taking it from me, how will I feed my children?
Till today it is a battle for rent payment by a church whose net worth can be equated to billions of naira. I have decided that on my visit to Nigeria, I will go to the church on Sunday and during testimony will politely give the church 30 days to vacate the land else they will hear from my powerful lawyers who is not only well feared but he’s agnostic, so there won’t be sentiments in his duty.

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by ACE1010: 12:22pm On Apr 18, 2018
Daddy Breeze or Freeze.......i know you must have something to say.....our ears are wild open.... grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts by biggz82: 12:23pm On Apr 18, 2018
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

People Seen Worshipping As Gospel Music Is Played At A Nightclub In Ikoyi, Lagos / Ruga: Eedris Abdulkareem Protests At RCCG Camp, Insists Adeboye Must Take Stand / Adeboye Retires As RCCG GO, Obayemi Named Successor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.