Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,386 members, 7,800,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past (27170 Views)

Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) / Hate Speech Bill: Ibrahim Babangida Nobody Says Can Muzzle Nigerians / Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by Gangster1ms: 5:54pm On Apr 17, 2018
A former military dictator, Ibrahim Babangida, says Nigerians no longer take him seriously because he annulled the June 12,1993 Presidential election adjudgedas the most credible election in the history of Nigeria. Babangida said this during a programme on Channels Television titled, ‘Roadmap 2019’ on Monday. When asked if he would publish his biography soon to tell his story, Babangida said nobody would read it because of his past.

When asked to explain further if it was true that people dismissed his words because of the annulment of June 12 election, he said, “That is right. They say, ‘he cancelled the freest election in the history but he annulled it’ but nobody gives me credit for conducting the freest election in the country.” The former maximum ruler said he was hopeful that the younger generation would understand why he annulled the election.

He added, “We try to rationalise why we did what we did but nobody is prepared to listen to us. So, it is a matter of time. One day, the younger generation will say they have heard one side and want to hear the other side of the story. “Maybe by then we will have a better society that is prepared; that is well-informed of what happened within a period of their existence. They will then be able to say this is the true story.”

http://punchng.com/nobody-will-read-my-biography-because-of-my-past-ibb/

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by Pointblank09(m): 5:55pm On Apr 17, 2018
I hate reading long news on NL not to talk of Biography that fectch me money. isorite
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by Mariangeles(f): 6:13pm On Apr 17, 2018
You damn right! angry

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by laudate: 6:25pm On Apr 17, 2018
Gangster1ms:
A former military dictator, Ibrahim Babangida, says Nigerians no longer take him seriously because he annulled the June 12,1993 Presidential election adjudgedas the most credible election in the history of Nigeria. Babangida said this during a programme on Channels Television titled, ‘Roadmap 2019’ on Monday. When asked if he would publish his biography soon to tell his story, Babangida said nobody would read it because of his past.

When asked to explain further if it was true that people dismissed his words because of the annulment of June 12 election, he said, “That is right. They say, ‘he cancelled the freest election in the history but he annulled it’ but nobody gives me credit for conducting the freest election in the country.” The former maximum ruler said he was hopeful that the younger generation would understand why he annulled the election.

He added, “We try to rationalise why we did what we did but nobody is prepared to listen to us. So, it is a matter of time. One day, the younger generation will say they have heard one side and want to hear the other side of the story. “Maybe by then we will have a better society that is prepared; that is well-informed of what happened within a period of their existence. They will then be able to say this is the true story.”

http://punchng.com/nobody-will-read-my-biography-because-of-my-past-ibb/

Cc lalasticlala and mynd44

Of course, people will read his biography. undecided If not for amusement, they will certainly read it for his spin on the illogical events that took place, while he was in power. IBB had a unique chance to write his name in gold, in the portals of history. But he squandered it carelessly, by making the worst decision of his entire life. sad Till today, IBB and his cohorts have never said the whole truth about that annulment, neither have they given us the honest reasons, for the grand deception they foisted on Nigerians, by annulling that 1993 election. Nigerian citizens have been fed a lot of lies, half-truth, propaganda, slogans etc in a bid to cover up the real issue. angry

If IBB can tell the truth, and nothing but the truth, about that whole unsavoury episode, then he would have done a great service to this country and those who believe in its' people. IBB should not forget - there is nothing that can be hidden forever. If he takes the secret about that election to his grave, posterity would judge him harshly! angry

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by muykem: 7:04pm On Apr 17, 2018
The man is getting old so he can not reason well again. Stupid man saying he annulled most peaceful election in Nigeria history to save the country.

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by Flokey: 7:30pm On Apr 17, 2018
Ibb the great maradona ... Godfather of 419 cool

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by LegDoLand: 7:30pm On Apr 17, 2018
True true, person wey dey fuckup know sey him dey fuckup.

IBB will go down as one of the most biased and selfish leaders Nigeria ever had. He doesnt even need to write any biography of himself. History has it already and the coming generations will read it.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by josessybj: 7:30pm On Apr 17, 2018
Your pass is a criminal record.

5 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by MrCoker: 7:30pm On Apr 17, 2018
grin
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by ukehnonny: 7:30pm On Apr 17, 2018
grin
Why should I bother reading your biography?
When there are Nwaamaikpe's comments I will read and be happy.
Election is near and you have resurfaced again.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 17, 2018
Bfor nko... DEVIL....
Who wan read wetin Dey ur wicked dirty mind...
U b part of wwtin carry us reach here...
Na dat ur rotten leg go rot u die... Wicked soul

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 17, 2018
Nigeria is long lost. cry
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 17, 2018
Guy, leave us alone na grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by emmyid(m): 7:32pm On Apr 17, 2018
Zss
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by Ipheyemmy01(m): 7:32pm On Apr 17, 2018
It was on record that that was the only election in Nigeria where ethnicity and religion was set aside by all eligible Nigerians to vote the leader of their choice. Babangida and Obasanjo are the two leaders I pity most because they could have pened their name in the golden book of history in Nigeria but they fumbled. The respect and recognition Abubakar Abdulsalam is enjoying now is what Babangida should be accorded. Now he says they wouldn't listen to him, why should we..

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by Flyingngel(m): 7:33pm On Apr 17, 2018
Like Abiola like IBB. Abiola dine with the hawks and d hawks destroy him.

5 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by Handsomebeing(m): 7:33pm On Apr 17, 2018
Who care you slowpoke.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by Pavore9: 7:34pm On Apr 17, 2018
It is even good that he counted his teeth with his tongue! cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by onupeter(m): 7:34pm On Apr 17, 2018
Oga Who your biography epp?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by McWhillion(m): 7:35pm On Apr 17, 2018
will you keep kwayet!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by millomaniac: 7:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
this june 12 annulment is really hunting IBB.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by israelmao(m): 7:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
Evil genius versus sadist of the present government which one is better,one collects and distributes,the other collects and hoards and doles out among his cronies and relatives?

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
The regrets of old age.
IBB is just learning that 'people remember most what you did last'.
You had your shot at immortality sir, and squandered it.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by kingola87(m): 7:37pm On Apr 17, 2018
Thank God you know.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by TheTakeOver: 7:37pm On Apr 17, 2018
Is he about to go?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 17, 2018
You are damn right sad
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by BruncleZuma: 7:37pm On Apr 17, 2018
grin grin grin grin

We've read that of OBJ, so who are you...ogbeni bolé jor.
Go write a book and let us learn more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by deepwater(f): 7:37pm On Apr 17, 2018
thank God day u know
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by fidet1(m): 7:38pm On Apr 17, 2018
Not true. I think if he’ll give true account of events surrounding the election he annulled, a lot of people will read, I will.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by mukthar2000(m): 7:41pm On Apr 17, 2018
who we read your biography? nobody would read it u urself should have know becos ur past was the most badesst in nigeria。

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by ademusiwa3r: 7:41pm On Apr 17, 2018
shocked :

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari And Ali Gusau In 1962 (Throwback Photo) / 17 Abia Government Vehicles "Secretly Sold Off" For ₦317,000 / Gowon Rejects Obasanjo’s Plot To ‘Instigate’ Ex-Presidents Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.