Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,376 members, 7,781,058 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:10 AM

I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! (9506 Views)

Video Of Bishop Oyedepo Saying "I've Never Campaigned For Anyone" / Christian Association Protests Against Killings Of Christians By Fulani Herdsmen / Pictures Of Christians Celebrating Easter Around The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by franky317: 9:39pm On Apr 18, 2018
Anas09:

Who happens to be a Christian like your wife.

Ur God does not exist... deal with it.

That my point in this forum.
Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by Butterflyleo: 9:40pm On Apr 18, 2018
franky317:

You mean your wifes God does not exist. grin

Have you told her?
Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by franky317: 9:43pm On Apr 18, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Lmao yet you said you love your wife as a christian, atheist or pagan so how come you now lie that you have changed her to an atheist? grin

Are these not your words?

This was 6:57 am TODAY. So when did you change her? grin

The point i was only trying to make is thay religion has no role to play in my family... it is not even a point of discussion.

She was never a die hard christian and always has expressed her dissapointment with christians around her.
Right now i cant remember the last time she went ro church and we have so much to talk about whwn we are together that we hardly remember religion exists
Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by danvon(m): 9:44pm On Apr 18, 2018
franky317:

Actually thats what being Christian is... but it also means no Christian exists
This is precisely what I'm complaining about

you just felt like quoting me for quoting sake?

What did Jesus Believe in...edited by anonymous

Battling hypocrisy
Believe in God
Love your neighbor
Pure pacifism
Believe in Heaven
Believe in repentance

You believe Jesus is a great guy why don't you believe the things he believed

That's like a thief saying he loves the law but he wants to keep on stealing

cc hopefullandlord

1 Like

Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by Anas09: 9:44pm On Apr 18, 2018
franky317:

Have you told your wife that?
Frank are you a coward?
Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by Butterflyleo: 9:46pm On Apr 18, 2018
franky317:

The point i was only trying to make is thay religion has no role to play in my family... it is not even a point of discussion.

She was never a die hard christian and always has expressed her dissapointment with christians around her.
Right now i cant remember the last time she went ro church and we have so much to talk about whwn we are together that we hardly remember religion exists

Story story ........stooorrryy!

grin cheesy

If this were true and not a fabrication it would not take you 2 days to say it.

Even you know you are lying
Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 18, 2018
danvon:
Because the rest of the post is just twisting and twisting it's obvious you want to convince yourself that Christians are at fault everywhere it's not new for an atheist

If you believe Jesus Christ was such a wonderful guy why aren't you a Christian?
Because I think some of his statements were nonsense. For one, I don't believe in some magical father in heaven that'll give me handouts. I'm also not an extreme pacifist like he was, though I try to keep my calm as much as I can and avoid conflict at all costs. Personality wise though, he was a cool person. But all that (and much more) aside, the people who claim to be his FOLLOWERS behave absolutely nothing like him.

P.S, there's no "twisting" in the rest of the post. I wrote it in plainly worded English.
Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by franky317: 9:47pm On Apr 18, 2018
danvon:

Battling hypocrisy
Believe in God
Love your neighbor
Pure pacifism
Believe in Heaven
Believe in repentance

There are so many great muslims that i dont believe in what theu believe in.

Actually i dont know if Jesus actually existed but stories about him shows he was a cool guy who wasnt a trouble maker. A lot of people are like that...

That will not make me believe he is God? Especially as i cant even confirm his existence
Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by franky317: 9:48pm On Apr 18, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Story story ........stooorrryy!

grin cheesy

If this were true and not a fabrication it would not take you 2 days to say it.

Even you know you are lying

Lol... she is on my chest as i am chatting with u now... u no go go marry...
Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by hopefulLandlord: 9:52pm On Apr 18, 2018
Danvon, let's keep discussing. we might clean up this thread with it
Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by danvon(m): 9:53pm On Apr 18, 2018
AnonyNymous:

Because I think some of his statements were nonsense . For one, I don't believe in some magical father in heaven that'll give me handouts. I'm also not an extreme pacifist like he was, though I try to keep my calm as much as I can and avoid conflict at all costs. Personality wise though, he was a cool person. But all that (and much more) aside, the people who claim to be his FOLLOWERS behave absolutely nothing like him.

P.S, there's no "twisting" in the rest of the post. I wrote it in plainly worded English.
And how are the followers supposed to behave?

Making nonsense statements? (To you perhaps)

Believe in magical father in heaven?

I think you got it all wrong the followers are behaving exactly how they should behave especially when people like you attack their magical father

1 Like

Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by Butterflyleo: 10:02pm On Apr 18, 2018
franky317:

Lol... she is on my chest as i am chatting with u now... u no go go marry...

Even you know you are lying grin

Yahweh has caged you at home.
Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 18, 2018
danvon:
And how are the followers supposed to behave?

Making nonsense statements? (To you perhaps)

Believe in magical father in heaven?

I think you got it all wrong the followers are behaving exactly how they should behave especially when people like you attack their magical father
You're going off topic here. I'm not talking about your beliefs, I'm talking about the COMPOSURE of people who claim to be Christians. Simply put, a Christian isn't expected to be making crude remarks and insults. Besides, I did NO provocative action to warrant such, I LITERALLY said "Define unnatural".

You asked why I'm not a Christian myself (which was also off topic) but I obliged you and replied. Because yes, I don't believe in everything he did. And I find some of them to be nonsense and devoid of logic. That has NOTHING to do with his personality, who you as Christians claim to emulate.

Have you ever heard of Christian Humanists? Non religious people who emulate Jesus' behavior alone but don't share his beliefs? I'm not one either, because I don't agree with every character trait he preached about.

For the umpteenth time, it isn't expected of a Christian to hurl nasty, vile words at people who don't share their beliefs. Besides, all I did was ask a question so I could enter a rational debate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by danvon(m): 10:08pm On Apr 18, 2018
AnonyNymous:

You're going off topic here. I'm not talking about your beliefs, I'm talking about the COMPOSURE of people who claim to be Christians. Simply put, a Christian isn't expected to be making crude remarks and insults. Besides, I did NO provocative action to warrant such, I LITERALLY said "Define unnatural".

For the umpteenth time, it isn't expected of a Christian to hurl nasty, vile words at people who don't share their beliefs. Besides, all I did was ask a question so I could enter a rational debate.
Jesus took a whip and fought people in the temple of God

For the umpteenth time how are Christians supposed to behave on nairaland we should say ohhhh "Nice insult on God more grease to your elbow" or... we should simply keep quiet

which is far worse

Tell me how are Christians supposed to behave?

And I'm not referring to just you

2 Likes

Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 18, 2018
danvon:
Jesus took a whip and fought people in the temple of God

For the umpteenth time how are Christians supposed to behave on nairaland we should say ohhhh "Nice insult on God more grease to your elbow" or... we should simply keep quiet which is even worse

Tell me how are Christians supposed to behave?
Are you even reading my posts at all, or are you just quoting and replying?

I said "define unnatural" and I was met with series of insults and crude remarks. Is that Christian behavior? Insult those who don't agree with you?
Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by danvon(m): 10:11pm On Apr 18, 2018
AnonyNymous:

Are you even reading my posts at all, or are you just quoting and replying?

I said "define unnatural" and I was met with series of insults and crude remarks. Is that Christian?
I modified it I'm not referring to just you are you the only Atheist on nairaland
Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by franky317: 10:12pm On Apr 18, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Even you know you are lying grin

Yahweh has caged you at home.

Ok
Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by hopefulLandlord: 10:13pm On Apr 18, 2018
danvon:

Battling hypocrisy
Believe in God
Love your neighbor
Pure pacifism
Believe in Heaven
Believe in repentance

cc hopefullandlord

Like I said, its reductionism to say someone who "Likes" Jesus should become a Christian because he likes him. There are several people I like but I can't worship them
Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 18, 2018
danvon:
I modified it I'm not referring to just you are you the only Atheist on nairaland
For the record, I'm not an atheist.

Secondly, you still haven't answered if the behavior displayed by Christians towards me was proper or not. Or are you refusing to condemn them because they're 'one of your own'?

Lastly, I have repeated myself over and over again. The Jesus I read about in the bible was an extreme pacifist. At the very worst, if an insult offends you, the best you can do is to report it. Instead of descending to the level of name calling that isn't expected of those who follow a man that asked his followers to turn the other cheek when slapped.

2 Likes

Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by danvon(m): 10:23pm On Apr 18, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Like I said, its reductionism to say someone who "Likes" Jesus should become a Christian because he likes him. There are several people I like but I can't worship them
I'm used to this your nature already let's forget the worship part

If Jesus is wonderful you'll act like him

Even people who read storybook try to emulate a character they like

Lenin read Communist manifesto he loved it he tried to put the 10 plancks into practice (he succeeded)

Some Muslims read Qur'an they don't worship Mohammed yes but they do exactly what he commanded

People watch television they try to be their favorite character

One way or another the human mind can't separate fiction from non fiction

If you believe Jesus is a great guy you would believe God exist otherwise he was just another stupid crazy religious theist preaching about an invisible sky daddy
Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by danvon(m): 10:24pm On Apr 18, 2018
AnonyNymous:

For the record, I'm not an atheist.

Secondly, you still haven't answered if the behavior displayed by Christians towards me was proper or not. Or are you refusing to condemn them because they're 'one of your own'?

Lastly, I have repeated myself over and over again. The Jesus I read about in the bible was an extreme pacifist. At the very worst, if an insult offends you, the best you can do is to report it. Instead of descending to the level of name calling that isn't expected of those who follow a man that asked his followers to turn the other cheek when slapped.
Okay I have learnt

(To be honest I haven't seen that topic you keep talking about)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 18, 2018
danvon:
Okay I have learnt

(To be honest I haven't seen that topic you keep talking about)
I appreciate you finally acknowledging the error I complained about, and which topic are you asking about?

1 Like

Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by danvon(m): 10:30pm On Apr 18, 2018
AnonyNymous:

I appreciate you finally acknowledging the error I complained about, and which topic are you asking about?
The one where you typed unnatural
Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 18, 2018
danvon:
The one where you typed unnatural
It was the one on Theresa May calling for same sex marriage in Nigeria, here's the link.

https://www.nairaland.com/4456977/theresa-may-calls-same-sex-marriages#66785076

A screenshot of my mentions is on the first page of this thread. Some of the replies I got were pretty disturbing.
Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by danvon(m): 10:36pm On Apr 18, 2018
Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by danvon(m): 10:37pm On Apr 18, 2018
I think it's impossible to be on nairaland and not be insulted by Christians whether your a Christian, Muslim, Atheist whether Catholic or Jehovah's witness

It's impossible I've had my fair share

1 Like

Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by hopefulLandlord: 10:44pm On Apr 18, 2018
danvon:
I'm used to this your nature already let's forget the worship part

If Jesus is wonderful you'll act like him

Even people who read storybook try to emulate a character they like

Lenin read Communist manifesto he loved it he tried to put the 10 plancks into practice (he succeeded)

Some Muslims read Qur'an they don't worship Mohammed yes but they do exactly what he commanded

People watch television they try to be their favorite character

One way or another the human mind can't separate fiction from non fiction

If you believe Jesus is a great guy you would believe God exist otherwise he was just another stupid crazy religious theist preaching about an invisible sky daddy

Believing someone is a "Great Guy" doesn't mean you swallow the claims they make hook line and sinker. Most people we like and admire we do not admire in their entirety but some parts of them. for instance there are some things my friend's grandfather does and believes that I see as wrong and it would also interest you we like some parts of "Bad People" too because there are no entirely bad people and entirely good people or at least I haven't met such people and even if there's someone who's entirely good it doesn't mean I should swallow whatever claims he made or someone made on his behalf

Anyways I see our posts has had the desired effect and I'm not interested in going further on this anymore. Take care

1 Like

Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by danvon(m): 10:47pm On Apr 18, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Anyways I see our posts has had the desired effect and I'm not interested in going further on this anymore. Take care
How is it yours? the Op made it clear he's no Atheist

Well I'm used to your attitude already
Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by hopefulLandlord: 10:50pm On Apr 18, 2018
danvon:
How is it yours? the Op made it clear he's no Atheist

Well I'm used to your attitude already

hmmmmm okay
Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by danvon(m): 10:50pm On Apr 18, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

hmmmmm okay
Re: I've Never Seen A Breed Of Christians As Hateful As Those On Nairaland!! by blessedvisky(m): 1:49am On Apr 19, 2018
godisgood200:

I think it's becos they are supporting sexual deviation of their master the Beast. The Bible says the Antichrist shall not have the desire of women Daniel 11:37 . What does that mean? HIM GO BE GAYYYYYYY.

Atheist dey cry wen somebori call dem satanists, but see dem fight you wen you attack satan.

I've never thought of it like that b4 o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Do You Really Go To Church? / Cardinal Okogie Says No To Islamic Banking / What Is The Difference Between A Prayer And A Wish?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.