Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Without Promises... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Without Promises... (78434 Views)

Society Of Young Nigerian Writers Promises To Make 2023 Eventful / Ana President, Camillus Ukah Promises To Consolidate On Achievements / Osun 2018: HDP Candidate Wole Adedoyin, Promises Quality Education In Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 8:13pm On Apr 17, 2018
Prologue

The music playing from the stereo was getting boring, here I was locked up in a Toyota Sequoia Jeep, a car which belonged to my wealthy boyfriend Frank.
He was a Special Adviser to the Governor on Youths and Tourism, he had gone into the government house without me.

This was not the first time he would turn on the a.c, leave the music on and lock me in the car while going for official duties but then he usually doesn't take that long.

I was getting really tired of waiting before an idea struck me to go through his stuffs in the car. I Britney always followed my instinct and I always believed there was a reason for everything "maybe I was to see something today" I thought as I ransacked ever paper in his car.

Just then, I picked up a book that got my eyes cause of the title "Holding Hope". I flipped through the pages and the picture fell, it was a new picture of Frank's supposed divorced wife and she was pregnant!

Tbc

12 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by FloraEC(f): 8:27pm On Apr 17, 2018
cheesy
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 8:39pm On Apr 17, 2018
Cadeec07, DonnaD, Skubido, Godwinboy, Proudmom38, Liftedhands..

et everyone food don don

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Promises... by donnaD(f): 8:51pm On Apr 17, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:

et everyone food don don
am right here already trust me.

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by Ann2012(f): 8:51pm On Apr 17, 2018
I dey follow this one bumper to bumper grin

2 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by Liftedhands(f): 8:51pm On Apr 17, 2018
I erect gidigba kiss

2 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 17, 2018
Thank you. I am following.

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by donnaD(f): 8:55pm On Apr 17, 2018
sapphirePRINCEX abeg update no do me long throat na.

2 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by IAmXcessiz(m): 8:58pm On Apr 17, 2018
Thought it was going to take long before you start another story, didn't know it's going to be this soon

2 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by Gettreadyy(m): 9:09pm On Apr 17, 2018
@OP 'you deserve some accolades'

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 9:24pm On Apr 17, 2018
Chapter One

My name is Britney, I was a very reserved girl from a poor background. My parents could not afford the good things of life but they had a good name which is sure better than all the luxuries of life. They had managed to see me till my SSCE in government schools where we paid no Kobo as a result of free education after which they said I had to go and marry.

Growing up, I had sworn to break the shackles of poverty that held my family hostage. I wanted to be free, I wanted to be the sun that lightened our family and I must. So I left my Village to the city in search of greener pastures, of course in the pocket of men even though I didn't make it seem so.

I would never forget the day I left my parents house to the city. I had gone without informing my parents cause I was certain mommy will cry till I took pity on her and stayed back. She wanted the best for me but she couldn't afford to lose me like she lost her first daughter who tolled that part of get rich quick scheme and lost her life in the process.

I was the apple of her eyes and I had vowed to put a smile on her face and the face of my younger ones. I didn't love my father that much, I despised him alot for being a lazy man. He would keep pointing at our black and white television during the news section and say "Haaa look at Ekweremadu he used to be my clasmate or worst still, Me and Tinubu shared the same seat in primary school at Lagos". It disgust me when he filled our aching ears and hungry stomachs with such Lamentations, by God where was he when all those people made it in life!.

Tbc

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 9:25pm On Apr 17, 2018
Gettreadyy:
@OP 'you deserve some accolades'
Lol thanks
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 10:02pm On Apr 17, 2018
So I left Ezzagu and headed to Abakaliki the capital of Ebonyi State where I could board a bus going to any place called a city, town or even abroad like my people called it. I just needed to breathe fresh air and hustle for my dear life.

So I got to Abakaliki and like a novice, I kept asking around where I could get a park that would lead me to a big city. Everyone I asked looked down on me cause I dressed quite local and it happened to be one of the best in my closet. I was finally directed to Peace mass transit where my destination started leading me to Anambra State, Onitsha precisely, the light of the nation.

I was scared of what I had embarked on but I knew better not to entertain any fear. For every pothole we galloped, my heart skipped a thousand times. I had never journeyed this far in my entire life, I had just about 3k to my name aside my the tfare I paid at the park. Am doomed where would I go from here.

So some passengers were stopping at Awka and I alighted with them cause to me, this was the one of the big cities I hear of and there was no point getting my arse all ached up in the bus filled with luggages where I could barely raise my legs.

I was all alone here, fear gripped me as I walked to a beans and plantain kiosk. Was I even thinking at all? I needed to go back home, I kept telling myself ."mommy please I can't do this" I muttered as tears ran down my pretty face.

Tbc

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Promises... by skubido(m): 10:29pm On Apr 17, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:

et everyone food don don

Present MA. So fast. U too much.

Don sit oooo

Carry go maami

2 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by cyndy1000(f): 11:37pm On Apr 17, 2018
Please are my also invited?

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by Cadec007(m): 12:11am On Apr 18, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:

et everyone food don don
if u see d kin speed i take reach here ehn.....even flash dey learn work........following ma'am *winks*

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by Cadec007(m): 12:11am On Apr 18, 2018
cyndy1000:
Please are my also invited?
yeah! Y not!

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by Cadec007(m): 12:20am On Apr 18, 2018
lemme help you call register:labelle123(make up 4 last time), charytea, bimberry1307, gucciqueen38, parismoore, biadefolar, adesina12, giannaaaaaa, shewrites, ellabae, ghostwritter, centino, pinkfeet, vhally fasttrack curvydiva InkPaperVodka cyndy1000 TheBlessedMAN twoclans kimberlyWest ericsmith rosalieene kaycee9242 MhiztaRange prettyMizQdot chivera018 uniquechild skubido casler godwindanielboy donpiiko BdorianGray Rhemy2013 donnaD audina nelem princessmj ayodijex nikz vickysunmomi lady25 ann2012 mc6xty WAACUT canme4u victoria2000 mjay05 aharpride1 tgold1 INDUSTRIALFAN stevodot22 FortunateB crystalprince honourable356 oluwakemi65 stancyfrosh xaviercasmier Alexk2 Rollins777 Dessydemmy Divpen1 obyikye FloraEC IamXcessiz eniafelamo princessyere1 stellamarisII Ibunkun1 Kimoyo Pearl05 Sweety189 Peluhmii queenitee tonexyx joyberry millenia Chii8 Jane1234 Halyma Silver1996 onetop funkyjenny marianneada, akinwale14

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Promises... by Cadec007(m): 1:21am On Apr 18, 2018
Sorry to: *those who were already here b4 list came out *those whose ame i did not mention [i 4got] *those who i mentioned but did not want to be mentioned! My apologies

3 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by Cadec007(m): 1:21am On Apr 18, 2018
:-)
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 6:39am On Apr 18, 2018
"Haaa fine girl why are you crying" someone who probably came to buy beans and plantain asked. He was standing out but just came inside to sit with me. For a moment I didn't know what to say, I have always heard of kidnappers and how they operated in big cities, "could he be one of time?" I thought as I wiped my eyes with the back of my hands.

"Please where is this place called?" Managed to ask, I heard the name before as passengers alighted but I just couldn't lay my hands on the name again. All my life, I had grown in the village and schooled there, the only likely big city I had seen was Abakaliki and I was sure we had gone a long long way to still be in Ebonyi State.

He looked at me pitifully and shock his head, he must have wondered where I was coming from and where I could possibly be going. He might never have imagined I was a village girl cause I was very fluent with my English but something my attire might have given me away. "This is Awka my dear, are you lost?"

I was grateful for that question cause I wouldn't have had the balls to tell him I was a wanderer and I needed help. I nodded and he sighed, he quickly paid for his food parcel and ordered for mine too, then he stretched forth his hands to me and I held it. "Na your sister?, Derrick you too like woman" the lady selling said as we left. Derrick shrugged and smiled, he must be excited he has a new woman to grace his bed.

I was a virgin but I didn't mind losing it to him, even if I must that night. He was very handsome and he pampered me like I was a baby even without knowing me. He was my savior in this foreign land, and to me saviors deserved to be worshipped.

He took me to a hotel, his hotel room according to him. He said he was a director of movies and his crew members were lodged in that hotel. ""ndi film?" I asked him and he nodded, more reason I would offer myself even if he didn't ask, I said to myself.

Tbc

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without Promises... by queenitee(f): 7:15am On Apr 18, 2018
Cadec007:
lemme help you call register:labelle123(make up 4 last time), charytea, bimberry1307, gucciqueen38, parismoore, biadefolar, adesina12, giannaaaaaa, shewrites, ellabae, ghostwriter, centino, pinkfeet, vhally fasttrack curvydiva InkPaperVodka cyndy1000 TheBlessedMAN twoclans kimberlyWest ericsmith rosalieene kaycee9242 MhiztaRange prettyMizQdot chivera018 uniquechild skubido casler godwindanielboy donpiiko BdorianGray Rhemy2013 donnaD audina nelem princessmj ayodijex nikz vickysunmomi lady25 ann2012 mc6xty WAACUT canme4u victoria2000 mjay05 aharpride1 tgold1 INDUSTRIALFAN stevodot22 FortunateB crystalprince honourable356 oluwakemi65 stancyfrosh xaviercasmier Alexk2 Rollins777 Dessydemmy Divpen1 obyikye FloraEC IamXcessiz eniafelamo princessyere1 stellamarisII Ibunkun1 Kimoyo Pearl05 Sweety189 Peluhmii queenitee tonexyx joyberry millenia Chii8 Jane1234 Halyma Silver1996 onetop funkyjenny marianneada, akinwale14
I'm here, thanks

2 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by Uniquechild(f): 9:03am On Apr 18, 2018
Interesting. More pls

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by donnaD(f): 11:33am On Apr 18, 2018
Cadec007:
lemme help you call register:labelle123(make up 4 last time), charytea, bimberry1307, gucciqueen38, parismoore, biadefolar, adesina12, giannaaaaaa, shewrites, ellabae, ghostwriter, centino, pinkfeet, vhally fasttrack curvydiva InkPaperVodka cyndy1000 TheBlessedMAN twoclans kimberlyWest ericsmith rosalieene kaycee9242 MhiztaRange prettyMizQdot chivera018 uniquechild skubido casler godwindanielboy donpiiko BdorianGray Rhemy2013 donnaD audina nelem princessmj ayodijex nikz vickysunmomi lady25 ann2012 mc6xty WAACUT canme4u victoria2000 mjay05 aharpride1 tgold1 INDUSTRIALFAN stevodot22 FortunateB crystalprince honourable356 oluwakemi65 stancyfrosh xaviercasmier Alexk2 Rollins777 Dessydemmy Divpen1 obyikye FloraEC IamXcessiz eniafelamo princessyere1 stellamarisII Ibunkun1 Kimoyo Pearl05 Sweety189 Peluhmii queenitee tonexyx joyberry millenia Chii8 Jane1234 Halyma Silver1996 onetop funkyjenny marianneada, akinwale14
present sir.

2 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by follyshade(f): 12:36pm On Apr 18, 2018
Am here to stay
Ride on ma

2 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:01pm On Apr 18, 2018
Cadec007:
present sir

2 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by Cadec007(m): 2:23pm On Apr 18, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
present sir
uwc sire!

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by Cadec007(m): 2:24pm On Apr 18, 2018
donnaD:
present sir.
uwc ma!

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by Cadec007(m): 2:24pm On Apr 18, 2018
queenitee:
I'm here, thanks
u are welcome onboard!

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by donnaD(f): 2:35pm On Apr 18, 2018
Cadec007:
uwc ma!
tanks sir,but U enter late oo

2 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by bimberry1307(f): 3:53pm On Apr 18, 2018
Cadec007:
present o

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 18, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
Prologue

The music playing from the stereo was getting boring, here I was locked up in a Toyota Sequoia Jeep, a car which belonged to my wealthy boyfriend Frank.
He was a Special Adviser to the Governor on Youths and Tourism, he had gone into the government house without me.

This was not the first time he would turn on the a.c, leave the music on and lock me in the car while going for official duties but then he usually doesn't take that long.

I was getting really tired of waiting before an idea struck me to go through his stuffs in the car. I Britney always followed my instinct and I always believed there was a reason for everything "maybe I was to see something

Hello!
Was Frank "holding hope" that she would never find out? grin cheesy

I design ebook covers for only one hundred naira ₦100. https:///2348027329239

PM me or check my signature.
I can design covers for the following:
•Amazon •Barnes and Noble •Kobo •Apple Store •Draft2digital •SmashWords
•Okadabooks

Payment can be made through any of the following:
•Bank transfer.
•Airtime credit. VTU and pin
•Payoneer •Skrill •Neteller •Perfect Money
•Bitcoin or any crypto currency of any kind.

If you would like to see my portfolio, check my thread on my signature. If you want to chat on WhatsApp, my number is in my signature.
https:///2348027329239

You can also quote me.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Fighting Back! / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Purple Roses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.