Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:24 PM

Pastor Kills Church Member Mistaken For A Vampire - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pastor Kills Church Member Mistaken For A Vampire (844 Views)

Mob Kills Keke Driver Mistaken For Thief in Bayelsa (Photos) / Kogi Pastor Kills Prostitute For Rituals, Buries Her Parts In His Altar (Photo) / Ogun Pastor Kills His Lover And Buries Her Body In Church (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

Pastor Kills Church Member Mistaken For A Vampire by 9Ebisco: 8:22pm On Apr 17, 2018
A pastor, Masimba Chirayi of the New Johanne Masowe, Zimbabwe, has reportedly killed a church member he assumed to be a vampire.

This occurred while he was baptising the deceased identified as Wendy Thinnamay Masuka.

According to reports, the clergyman felt threatened by the late congregant's violent reaction while being baptised.

β€œIn my eyes she was like a vampire possessed by demons, she was violent and I thought she was going to kill people so I kept her submerged in water until I overpowered her,” says Chirayi when made to appear at a Magistrate's court in Zimbabwe.

Punch News reported that the pastor has been granted bail but has been set for a court reappearance in May 2018.

The police in Malawi have reported that no less than 140 people have been arrested following deadly mob attacks on suspected "vampires" in the country.

Sky News reports that there have been at least nine killings, including that of an epileptic man who was reportedly burnt to death and another stoned to death in one of the country's biggest cities, Blantyre.

According to the reports, the assaults started in September following rumours of "bloodsuckers" on the loose.

The police say that the situation has quickly spun out of control.

Illegal roadblocks have been set up by mobs, which has led to security concerns in the southern African country.

Some residents have said that their homes have been destroyed following speculations that they were giving aid to vampires.

Peter Mutharika, Malawi's president, has appealed for calm in the four districts where the attacks are reported to have taken place.

He said: "my government will offer protection from these alleged bloodsuckers".

Sky News reports that some areas have been declared dangerous zones for people working for the United Nations and US embassy.

A safety report by the UN on the Phalombe and Mulanje areas said: "These districts have severely been affected by the ongoing stories of bloodsucking and possible existence of vampires."

Police chief Lexon Kachama said: "The biggest challenge is that thieves and robbers have now taken advantage of the situation and are mounting illegal roadblocks at night in order to harass people."

There is widespread belief in witchcraft in rural Malawi, a country which is one of the poorest in the world and has many aid agencies working.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/pastor-kills-church-member-mistaken-for.html

Re: Pastor Kills Church Member Mistaken For A Vampire by Lipscomb(m): 8:31pm On Apr 17, 2018
Question is vampire exist?

Re: Pastor Kills Church Member Mistaken For A Vampire by nNEOo(m): 8:31pm On Apr 17, 2018
Pastor you did the ryt thng.who knws how many innocent soul she could have bitten thereby passing these deadly venom on starting from u ofcos.

We've heard stories dreamt of being chased by her kind even Hollywood constantly reminds us that they're of no good.

Thank u man of god,you're going to rot in jail a hero so be proud!
Re: Pastor Kills Church Member Mistaken For A Vampire by officialfestus(m): 8:39pm On Apr 17, 2018
vampire!!
Re: Pastor Kills Church Member Mistaken For A Vampire by revontuli(f): 8:43pm On Apr 17, 2018
We had those things in the Balkans 200 years ago. Only it was superstitions about the dead coming back from the grave and sucking the blood of the living, no one killed anyone on suspicions of vampirism. At least no one killed anyone on suspicions of vampirism. Chai! This is primitive and ignorant thinking. If the dude got violent during baptism he probably had a mental illness, it's a senseless murder and that pastor should go to prison for murder.
Re: Pastor Kills Church Member Mistaken For A Vampire by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 17, 2018
What?
Re: Pastor Kills Church Member Mistaken For A Vampire by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 17, 2018
Is it me that will believe this useless story?

Pastor after rapin' your member in the village stream you wanted to cover it up by stranglin' her abi?

Forensic experts should be called in ASAP to ascertain if her puna has been violated.

I don't trust any pastor.

Shioor

Re: Pastor Kills Church Member Mistaken For A Vampire by greygoblings(m): 10:42am On Apr 18, 2018
nNEOo:
Pastor you did the ryt thng.who knws how many innocent soul she could have bitten thereby passing these deadly venom on starting from u ofcos.

We've heard stories dreamt of being chased by her kind even Hollywood constantly reminds us that they're of no good.

Thank u man of god,you're going to rot in jail a hero so be proud!

I think you are "Dumb"

Plateau Killings: We Did Not Kill Anybody – Herdsmen / Nigerian Writer Dike Chukwumerije Escapes Being Hit By A Stray Bullet (photos) / Nigerian Student Shot Dead By South African Police (Graphic Photos)