Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. (54769 Views)

A Lady Dies After Taking Poison After Her Boyfriend Left Her (Pictures) / Man She Met And Made Love With On Same Day Left Her To Get Married The Next Day / Slaymama Held After Her Date Left Her With Bills. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by BiafranDel: 9:59am On Apr 18, 2018
Lalas247:

sweetheart morning kiss
were is this your bumbum that they are always talking about. i want to see it. show me your bumbum

2 Likes

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by timesup234: 10:00am On Apr 18, 2018
Toks2008:

First and foremost i guess it is clear I'm discussing with someone with a very low IQ cos the true test of a sound mind is the ability to discuss issues without the use of abusive words and also the cognitive mental stamina to withstand contrary opinion without getting angry or personal but for the sake of intelligent people viewing this post i will respond to you.

If you skipped my analysis i will help you out once more...

150k in naija can never be compared to 1300quid meaning i had to cut off 700 from the 2k you wrote.

If you earn 1300 in U.K,you will live a quality life in U.K and still have a savings of N250k which is 500pounds but with your 150k job in naija you will have to buy quality life and will be left with little or nothing.

I cant believe you even wrote the quoted.
Your reply is for desperate people who are completely frustrated. Most Nigerians travel abroad without even a single knowledge about where they are going to. 40,000 pounds can't even get you a quality life in the UK. if you are not paying over 1,200 pounds in rent monthly in London, guy forget it. You are a hustler who is only buying time and will eventually ground to a halt and become homeless or move to one of those shitty and shanty towns. What is the cost of renting a self contain or two bedroom in London monthly? You call living in a 500 pounds house quality? When you are in UK you rate by UK standard, when you are in Nigeria you rate by Nigerian standard. 24k pounds annual salary is for dogs

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Cyrilpac(m): 10:06am On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:
Even by UK standards she was just getting by on 1800 pounds monthly. So don't do the direct conversion.

She sacrificed for love but harsh realities have reconfigured her oblongata.

Naija is tough and no food for uninventive man for Lagos. You either shape up or ship out.

Nigeria needs creativity now and not some kind of employee situation.

No lamentation would change that.

that means Nigeria pay more than UK
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by BiafranDel: 10:06am On Apr 18, 2018
Viicfuntop:

Desperation for marriage. This is the exact phrase that describes this post. Baby girl, do not fall for any man that gives that potential speech, but you will know the ones that are worth the wait kiss.
how did you know she was desperate for marriage. I dont see anywhere in the story were one can basically conclude she came back for marriage. I think the ill effects of long distance relationship and the absence of intimate interaction was the reason she came back to be with her man. It must not necessarily be marriage. I dont believe the story anyway. Just another twitter attention post
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by shaybebaby(f): 10:10am On Apr 18, 2018
timesup234:
Your reply is for desperate people who are completely frustrated. Most Nigerians travel abroad without even a single knowledge about where they are going to. 40,000 pounds can't even get you a quality life in the UK. if you are not paying over 1,200 pounds in rent monthly in London, guy forget it. You are a hustler who is only buying time and will eventually ground to a halt and become homeless or move to one of those shitty and shanty towns. What is the cost of renting a self contain or two bedroom in London monthly? You call living in a 500 pounds house quality? When you are in UK you rate by UK standard, when you are in Nigeria you rate by Nigerian standard. 24k pounds annual salary is for dogs
Why would one rent on a salary of 40k?
Banks would lend multiples of up to 4.5 times your wages with the government providing an extra loan of up to 15 percent the value of the property to make up your deposit.

Besides, the UK is bigger than London so housing is cheaper outside of London and wherever else you choose to live, you cannot earn less than the minimum wage.

So what exactly are you going on about when working full time anywhere in the country, you are guaranteed a minimum of 16k yearly but can access housing (rent) for about 350 quid monthly and purchase properties for around 60k.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by allaboutobed(m): 10:11am On Apr 18, 2018
DrinkLimca:
The way i see it as that her village witches were playing ludo with her brain when she came back to Nigeria..

It's like a Nigeria pastor delivered her and now that her brain is now normal, she is now going back to where God promised her to be...

Nigeria was where devil promised her..
Nigeria pastor indeed

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by grandstar(m): 10:13am On Apr 18, 2018
My sister quit her job with Zenith Bank in Akwa Ibom to get married.

She later got a job as a contract staff at Glo in the call center.

Now, she's happily married and a permanent staff at First Bank

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Flickzvill(m): 10:15am On Apr 18, 2018
Viicfuntop:
grin

I’ll say it again. The era of E go better is dead and gone. I don’t see any reason why a lady would put her career on hold because of a man. A woman knows the man that is worth waiting for, not all the ones talking about useless potential(this table has most of nairaland boys on it).
but if its a man that left the us or uk to relocate to nigeria for a woman its awwn and cute abi foolish set of species.

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Rubyventures: 10:15am On Apr 18, 2018
The national minimum wage in the UK for over 25 year old is £7.83
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Viicfuntop(f): 10:16am On Apr 18, 2018
Flickzvill:
but if its a man that left the us or uk to relocate to nigeria for a woman its awwn and cute abi foolish set of species.

You came from one too
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by rusher14: 10:18am On Apr 18, 2018
Cyrilpac:
that means Nigeria pay more than UK

Wetin bring that leg?

The truth is but for security and maybe location, if you earn 450k you are better off in naija.

27k though... grin
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Rubyventures: 10:19am On Apr 18, 2018
amazon14:

If she working £7per hr, and she works 10hr per day, then 30days a month, my dear that is approximately £2100 in a month, multiple it by N470. It's very close to a million a month which graduate in Nigeria earns such a amount?

If it is true minimum wage is £7 per hr, I might considere relocate to UK

Haba!! how can someone work everyday in the UK? The average working weekly hours is 40 and the minimum wage used to be £7.50 and is now £7.83
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by rusher14: 10:20am On Apr 18, 2018
shaybebaby:

Why would one rent on a salary of 40k?
Banks would lend multiples of up to 4.5 times your wages with the government providing an extra loan of up to 15 percent the value of the property to make up your deposit.

Besides, the UK is bigger than London so housing is cheaper outside of London and wherever else you choose to live, you cannot earn less than the minimum wage.

So what exactly are you going on about when working full time anywhere in the country, you are guaranteed a minimum of 16k yearly but can access housing (rent) for about 350 quid monthly and purchase properties for around 60k.

Banks would expect your equity. Something like 30K before you even talk of loan.

Guy which house is 60k?

Just yesterday on SKY news it was reported that 80% of the millenials would never be able to afford their own homes. You think it is because of 60K.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Rubyventures: 10:26am On Apr 18, 2018
Toks2008:

Oga abeg don't argue this point with me ok...you can even get a box room for 200Quid. You don't know what you don't know so be objective enough to know.

Where can you get a box room for that amount ? Not in London . The average cost of a room in London is £500.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by obailala(m): 10:26am On Apr 18, 2018
Toks2008:

Everything is not about love dude...these days we must think deep and plan well...i have seen many guys relocating their wives and children abroad and many wives will not even mind their husbands going out for better life..who love epp?
Well, different strokes for different folks; different people have different life goals. I know a Benin couple who have been living separately for 8 years since their marriage because the woman lives in London and returning to Nigeria is never an option. Grace (their first daughter) is now about 7 and has never seen her father except in pictures. While the lure of 'abroad life' is of utmost importance to some (more important than family), it isnt the most important thing in life for others (I wouldnt let my wife out of my sight and touch for more than a year).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by shaybebaby(f): 10:27am On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:

Banks would expect your equity. Something like 30K before you even talk of loan.
Banks often require 20% percent deposit. But with the government's funding for lending scheme, you only need to come up with 5% and the govt will loan you the remaining 15% with banks providing the mortgage on the rest.

So for instance you want to buy a property worth 200k.

5% (your deposit) = 10,000
15%(govt). =30,000

Total deposit = 40000
Bank mortgage =160000

You do not have to pay the govt back for 5 years so on essence it is an interest free loan for that period, after which interest kicks in. But you should have some equity in the property by then and have reduced the outstanding amount owed to the back to be able to remortgage.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by rusher14: 10:30am On Apr 18, 2018
shaybebaby:

Banks often require 20% percent deposit. But with the government's funding for lending scheme, you only need to come up with 5% and the govt will loan you the remaining 15% with banks providing the mortgage on the rest.

So for instance you want to buy a property worth 200k.

5% (your deposit) = 10,000
15%(govt). =30,000

Total deposit = 40000
Bank mortgage =160000

You do not have to pay the govt back for 5 years so on essence it is an interest free loan for that period, after which interest kicks in. But you should have some equity in the property by then and have reduced the outstanding amount owed to the back to be able to remortgage.

Ok we are getting somewhere.

We've moved from 60K to 200k on housing. With a 10k deposit.

How much would my monthly mortgage be spread over what number of years?
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Rubyventures: 10:40am On Apr 18, 2018
obailala:
Well, different strokes for different folks; different people have different life goals. I know a Benin couple who have been living separately for 8 years since their marriage because the woman lives in London and returning to Nigeria is never an option. Grace (their first daughter) is now about 7 and has never seen her father except in pictures. While the lure of 'abroad life' is of utmost importance to some (more important than family), it isnt the most important thing in life for others (I wouldnt let my wife out of my sight and touch for more than a year).

For some families it is not an easy choice to make but sometimes it is better for the long run. I know a family who made that choice, the man stayed behind and the wife and 3 kids relocated to the UK . It wasn't only because of the money but they wanted good schools and secure environment for the kids. At the end of the day it depends on the understanding between the individuals involved. They visit during the six weeks long holiday. While the man is trying to set up his business in Nigeria, his kids have a better life in the UK. He has had to make a big sacrifice for this .

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by shaybebaby(f): 10:41am On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:

Ok we are getting somewhere.

We've moved from 60K to 200k on housing. With a 10k deposit.

How much would my monthly mortgage be spread over what number of years?
200k was for illustrative purposes. The same principles would apply as a starting point for any house purchase if you do not have full deposit.
On a 60 k property, you would only need to come up with 12k (20%).

Different banks offer different interest rates but right about now with interest rates being so low, you would be paying around 3% per annum.

The average term for a mortgage is 25 years but you can go up 35 years if you wish. As to the monthly payment, I can't be arsed to calculate to do an annuity calculation right but feel free to perform one and play around with the loan amount interest rate and time.

As a rough guide though, on a mortgage of 160k at 3% over 25 years, you should be paying about 550 pounds monthly (repayment mortgage). At the start, more of that figure is interest but over time, the repayment part becomes greater.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by rusher14: 10:41am On Apr 18, 2018
shaybebaby:

200k was for illustrative purposes. The same principles would apply as a starting point for any house purchase if you do not have full deposit.
On a 60 k property, you would only need to come up with 12k (20%).

Different banks offer different interest rates but right about now with interest rates being so low, you would be paying around 3% per annum.

The average term for a mortgage is 25 years but you can go up 35 years if you wish. As to the monthly payment, I can't be arsed to calculate to do an annuity calculation right but feel free to perform one and play around with the loan amount interest rate and time.

As a rough guide though, on a mortgage of 160k at 3% over 25 years, you should be paying about 550 pounds monthly (repayment mortgage). At the start, more of that figure is interest but over time, the repayment part becomes greater.

Where the neck do you find a home for 60k?

Come on.

Ok in Nigeria you can build a house for 300k
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Toks2008(m): 10:41am On Apr 18, 2018
Rubyventures:

Where can you get a box room for that amount ? Not in London . The average cost of a room in London is £500.

Lol! You don't know what you don't know...i rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by shaybebaby(f): 10:42am On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:

Guy which house is 60k?

Just yesterday on SKY news it was reported that 80% of the millenials would never be able to afford their own homes. You think it is because of 60K.

I know someone who purchased in Stoke on trent for 65k last year.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by shaybebaby(f): 10:44am On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:

Where the neck do you find a home for 60k?

Come on.

Ok in Nigeria you can build a house for 300k
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=REGION%5E1271&maxPrice=70000&minPrice=50000&radius=5.0&sortType=1&includeSSTC=true
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Rubyventures: 10:45am On Apr 18, 2018
Toks2008:

Lol! You don't know what you don't know...i rest my case.

Lol you better tell us cos even student accommodation average is £400 out of London. Maybe in Wales you might get £200 a room.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Rubyventures: 10:46am On Apr 18, 2018
shaybebaby:

In the auction??
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by rusher14: 10:48am On Apr 18, 2018
shaybebaby:

Ok those kind of places.

Like Lack a price to Lagos.

Now you are talking.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Jbleenk: 10:50am On Apr 18, 2018
Dont be deceived Nigerians, that's about £1,700 monthly at current xchang rate. Deduct utility tax, council tax, house rent, transportation or fueling of car etc. amount left will be peanut which might not Ben able to sustain comfortably. I've been there I've done that
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Jbleenk: 10:55am On Apr 18, 2018
HeWrites:
A Nigerian man on Twitter identified as Arinze Odira has taken to the micro-blogging platform to narrate how his colleague's fiancée who was making approximately eight hundred and fifty thousand naira monthly in the United Kingdom quit her job to be with her boyfriend in Nigeria plans to relocate back after facing the harsh reality of working in Nigeria.

According to the man who shared the story, the job the lady got in Nigeria pays her twenty seven thousand naira monthly with a one thousand naira deduction anytime she's late to work.

Read the tweets below;
"My colleague's fiancée was making an equivalent of N850K in the UK monthly. But 'because of love', she came back to Nigeria.

The first job she got pays N27k monthly with a N1k deduction anytime she's late to work.

She's on her way back to the UK. They will love from a distance."

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/04/lady-who-left-her-n850k-job-in-uk-to-be-with-her-bf-in-nigeria-plans-to-relocate-back-see-why.html

To lead a comfortable life in uk u got to earn far more that 850k in Naira which is equivalent to £1,700 at current exchange rate trust me.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by baby124: 10:56am On Apr 18, 2018
obailala:
Several ladies leave similar paying jobs abroad to join husbands in Nigeria. I know a friend whom since she left her Barclay's job and relocated, still hasn't found a job 2 years after in Nigeria, she's just house wife, but she's happy being with her husband.

The comments I'm seeing in this thread though; is it poverty mentality or just greed?... How is the lady foolish for giving up her 5000km away job to be with her husband?... Which is more important, her minimum wage £20k job in the UK or her marriage/home?
They are not yet married! She is extremely foolish. Let the man marry her first before even making such a sacrifice. Imagine, all that time she moved and sacrificed the guy still did not think to marry her. He’s probably a guy that cannot even afford to get married or take care of a family but put pressure on the girl to relocate so that he can be having sex everyday at her expense. Rubbish and senseless love. If you want someone to sacrifice for you, be ready to move mountains for the person. Who does this guy think he is? And you call people like her greedy for going back. Very funny
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by timesup234: 10:57am On Apr 18, 2018
Jbleenk:

To lead a comfortable life in uk u got to earn far more that 850k in Naira which is equivalent to £1,700 at current exchange rate trust me.
just leave all dis mugu. Well i blame it on poverty.

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by obailala(m): 10:59am On Apr 18, 2018
Rubyventures:

For some families it is not an easy choice to make but sometimes it is better for the long run. I know a family who made that choice, the man stayed behind and the wife and 3 kids relocated to the UK . It wasn't only because of the money but they wanted good schools and secure environment for the kids. At the end of the day it depends on the understanding between the individuals involved. They visit during the six weeks long holiday. While the man is trying to set up his business in Nigeria, his kids have a better life in the UK. He has had to make a big sacrifice for this .
Yeah of course, different people have different preferences and life goals. I lived in London for some years and in my church then, I knew numerous ladies (some young and some old) who lived separately from their husbands; the case was always the same, the husband lives in Nigeria but the woman and kids live abroad. In some cases, the husband and some kids live in Nigeria and the woman and the remaining kids live abroad; and of course there's always the perpetual struggle with immigration to ship the remaining kids over.

Of course the intention is for a better life, or to 'give the kids the best', but that is where different opinions come in. In my opinion, I personally do not see how a family living separately for over a decade (from when the kids were toddlers to when they grow to adulthood) amounts to a better life for the kids. Some people are fortunate with the resources that the family could reunite several times a year, but many others arent that fortunate. For me as a man, as long as God permits, I wouldn't for any lure of 'better life', be separated from my family for any extended period (i.e. several years). But hey, this is just my opinion and preference.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by shaybebaby(f): 11:02am On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:

Ok those kind of places.

Like Lack a price to Lagos.

Now you are talking.

What do you mean "one of those places"?

Alton towers is in Stoke, its not too far from, Leicester either.

So why don't you admit that you didn't know that the further up north you go, the cheaper housing is. You may not earn as much as you can in London but you cannot earn less than the minimum wage. And there are people on minimum wage living in London.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unhappy Bride & Groom: Can This Marriage Last More Than A Year? (Video) / This Is What I Did To A Young Lady Who Told Me She Was In A Serious Relationship / A Guy Slept With Former Girlfriend When She Came To Drop Wedding Invitation Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.