Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,458 members, 7,801,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries (4078 Views)

Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refinaries In Kogi,lagos & Bayelsa. / Goodnews: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries / Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by princekevo(m): 10:37am On May 15, 2010
Nigeria's state-run oil firm NNPC and China State Construction Engineering Corporation (CSCEC) have signed a $23bn (£16bn; 18bn euros) deal.

The two will jointly seek financing and credits from Chinese authorities and banks to build three refineries and a fuel complex in Nigeria.

The project would add 750,000 barrels per day of extra refining capacity.

NNPC hopes the construction of new refineries will stem the flood of imported refined products into Nigeria.

'Deepen relationships'

Nigeria is the world's 12th-largest oil producer and the eighth-largest oil exporter.

But the country imports roughly 85% of its fuel needs because of the disrepair and mismanagement of its four state-owned refineries.

"We are about to deepen the existing technical and commercial relationships between China and Nigeria through the signing of a memorandum of understanding," said Shehu Ladan, head of NNPC.

The three refineries will be built in Bayelsa, Kogi and Lagos states, while a location has to be confirmed for the petrochemicals complex.

The Nigerian government has said that foreign companies must invest in developing Nigeria's infrastructure and economy first, before they can benefit from its oil and gas exports
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/10116945.stm

From the above article, am forced to ask what happened to the four old refinaries, the vary once that OBJ himself once commissioned and what will become of them when this new onces are being built.
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by princekevo(m): 7:11pm On May 15, 2010
Come to think of it, can someone explain to me what Bi-lateral relationship between nations is all about? Some times it baffles me that our government is signing a $23Ban oil deal with a government that has refused its citizens entry visa for almost a year now. Till today our government, the foreign ministers has done nothing to restore such a critical situation we face in the hands of Chinese government.

That is a clear indication of a selfish government that does not have the interest of its citizens at heart. They can easily sign an oil deal with Chinese government to keep the oil money pumping into the pocket, but has failed to rebuild a broken relationship with the same government that directly affects an average Nigerian for more than one year now.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by edoyad(m): 7:56pm On May 15, 2010
Prince kevo are you sure of what you're saying ? I know a couple of folks who just travelled and returned from China a few weeks ago. Anyways which country doesn't make it hard for Nigerians to get entry visas ? Yesterday i read that 5 Nigerian drug lords were arrested in Zambia of all places.

On the funny side these guys have a way of telling stories with pix grin

Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by coldhearts(f): 1:16am On May 16, 2010
better china than any other country wink
at least we can have some infrastructure projects moving on with their expertise, this is not to say that we are not good in it lol

@ Princekevo
about visa and China, i think China is still open but then again why would anyone want to move to China?. It is big but it's population of a billion people is too much lol - imagine the competition for job, for good place to live, for just about anything grin, even some chinese won't mind leaving for a little while huh.
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by Ibime(m): 1:26am On May 16, 2010
The problem has never been the building of refineries, but maintaining the refineries. . . too many Nigerians see NNPC as a cash cow to be used to milk the country dry and take their share of the national cake, thats why we are never able to keep refineries functioning. . . the only reason NNPC refineries do not work is CORRUPTION, not lack of technical skills.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by UcheUwadi(m): 2:42am On May 16, 2010
Ok I understand why refineries would be built along the coast in Bayelsa and Lagos state but I do not understand why build a refinery in Kogi State. Refineries should be located near the sea and also close to where the oil is extracted. It is not economical to build a refinery that is not close to where the oil is extracted or shipped. And like someone else said, the Nigerian governments needs to work on maintaining existing refineries before building more.
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by asha80(m): 2:57am On May 16, 2010
UcheUwadi_:

Ok I understand why refineries would be built along the coast in Bayelsa and Lagos state but I do not understand why build a refinery in Kogi State. Refineries should be located near the sea and also close to where the oil is extracted. It is not economical to build a refinery that is not close to where the oil is extracted or shipped. And like someone else said, the Nigerian governments needs to work on maintaining existing refineries before building more.

You forget that this nigeria where common sense and rationalilty is seen as an abnormaly.
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by Ibime(m): 4:51am On May 16, 2010
UcheUwadi_:

probably for Internal consumption. . . Kogi is pretty central, hence shorter delivery time to all areas of the country.
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by Osama10(m): 5:14am On May 16, 2010
The Kogi thing in Northern agenda, what the hell is a refinery doing in kogi?

Why not pump the money for the new refinery into maintaining the present ones?

Confused country.
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by paddylo1(m): 7:13am On May 16, 2010
The Kogi thing in Northern agenda, what the hell is a refinery doing in kogi?

Why not pump the money for the new refinery into maintaining the present ones?

Confused country.

Kogi is a good location as that will supply the north central states. . .

besides,Nigerias population keeps increasing so the demand will be there in the future
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by princekevo(m): 7:30am On May 16, 2010
edoyad:

Prince kevo are you sure of what you're saying ? I know a couple of folks who just travelled and returned from China a few weeks ago. Anyways which country doesn't make it hard for Nigerians to get entry visas ? Yesterday i read that 5 Nigerian drug lords were arrested in Zambia of all places.

On the funny side these guys have a way of telling stories with pix grin
Edoya i know what am saying. They still give visas but only from their embassy in Nigeria and even from Nigeria is not easy as u think. All their embassies in Asia here have stopped issue visas to Nigerians in Asia here, Even if you have permanent resident in the country you are as long as in on Nigerian passport, no visa for you The order was issued since last year from Beijing. I live in Macao which is 15mins by bus to china mainland, infact my house is 2 mins walk from the china border, but the embassy here will ask you to go back to Nigeria to get entry visa to china even with a Macao valid ID. Almost 30Nigerians are here in Macao for their degree and about 10 for MBA. Some are even married here, HK and s,pore with temporary and permanent residence yet are being asked to buy 2000usd ticket back to Nigeria to get china entry while HK, Macao, and s,pore are few mins and hrs away from china mainland.

This issue has been reported so many times to Nigerian embassy here in HK and china and they are very much aware of such wickedness from Chinese government, yet they did nothing abt it. Becoz it does not affect them and their kids

@ Princekevo
about visa and China, i think China is still open but then again why would anyone want to move to China?. It is big but it's population of a billion people is too much lol - imagine the competition for job, for good place to live, for just about anything  , even some chinese won't mind leaving for a little while huh

My brother no body want to go and live in china mailand,Infact i never spent more 2nights there, but no matter how you see it, china still remain the world's centre for business, mostly for start ups in business with Lil capital. No Asian country can offer you job even as a student or graduate here, so the genuine Nigerians here can only engage themselves in business to make a living. For example the student here during break and weekends  could enter china mainland with only 500usd buy some things and send home to someone they can trust in Nigerian to sell these things and send back the money to them. many could pay their school fees with such Lil capital, but all these has been denied from them since they stopped issuing visas to Nigerians here.
That is what am talking abt. Is very painful to average Nigerian in Asia here reading such news as this, mostly those that are doing genuine business here in Asia.
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by chidichris(m): 7:44am On May 16, 2010
the same old stories.
obj signed the same type of deal both on power supply and refineries.
the truth of the matter is that this pdp led administration has proved that it has nothing to offer the ppl of nigeria.
sign $23b deal and take $20b.
why refineries when there is no steady power supply?
jonathan, jonathan, jonathan, how many times did i call u?
this is the long awaited opportunity, divide this shit and let every man go back home and manage what they have.
stop following the devil who have killed many who followed him in the past.
if u refuse to listen, we will soon be here to discuss ur end. the ogbulafors shld be in better position to explain what it means to work with the devil.
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by princekevo(m): 8:14am On May 16, 2010
the same old stories.
the truth of the matter is that this pdp led administration has proved that it has nothing to offer the ppl of nigeria.
sign $23b deal and take $20b

Exactly my brother, but some lil minded Nigerian believe Jonathan is here to do any magic or miracle. Lets wait and see if he would do more than he who sent him. The issue of change in Nigeria Is not abt Jonathan, what he can or cannot do, but abt getting rid of the devils in human form called PDP. I personally witness OBJ in Rivers State commissioning a refinery that has never worked for a day since after the commission. This was a refinery that they awarded billions to fix. Him and Odili deceived the whole Rivers State in commissioning an efficient and ineffective Refinery. I Would be here when folks will come back throwing insults to Jonathan as if he caused the whole Nigerian problem as we are blaming Yaradua today.

i have said it again and again that any youth who love that country Nigeria should never cast a single vote for PDP in this coming 2011 election, Even if the have an angel as their flagbearer, becoz they will definitely corrupt the angel if he eventually become the president. The party was formed by the most corrupt Nigerians, and run by the most corrupt Nigerians. Politicians with honesty and bright futures are decamping from these devils party.
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by paddylo1(m): 8:20am On May 16, 2010
the same old stories.
sign $23b deal and take $20b.
why refineries when there is no steady power supply?
jonathan, jonathan, jonathan, how many times did i call u?
this is the long awaited opportunity, divide this poo and let every man go back home and manage what they have.
stop following the devil who have killed many who followed him in the past.
if u refuse to listen, we will soon be here to discuss your end. the ogbulafors shld be in better position to explain what it means to work with the devil.

What are u ranting about. .
Do u even know what international Finance means?

This deals will be Financed by International Banks
Nigeria doesnt have $23billion dollars to spend on something like this
Nobody spends their own money on things like this

What u do is get long term financing and pay back after u start to make profit. .
so pls no beed to get emotional. . . U are outside the country so u know how things are done

1 Like

Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by paddylo1(m): 8:25am On May 16, 2010
Exactly my brother, but some lil minded Nigerian believe Jonathan is here to do any magic or miracle. Lets wait and see if he would do more than he who sent him. The issue of change in Nigeria Is not abt Jonathan, what he can or cannot do, but abt getting rid of the devils in human form called PDP. I personally witness OBJ in Rivers State commissioning a refinery that has never worked for a day since after the commission. This was a refinery that they awarded billions to fix. Him and Odili deceived the whole Rivers State in commissioning an efficient and ineffective Refinery. I Would be here when folks will come back throwing insults to Jonathan as if he caused the whole Nigerian problem as we are blaming Yaradua today.

i have said it again and again that any youth who love that country Nigeria should never cast a single vote for PDP in this coming 2011 election, Even if the have an angel as their flagbearer, becoz they will definitely corrupt the angel if he eventually become the president. The party was formed by the most corrupt Nigerians, and run by the most corrupt Nigerians. Politicians with honesty and bright futures are decamping from these devils party.

Are u talking of refinery or odilis power plant?
anyway. . .The more Govt gets its hands of financing these kinds of projects the better

Why is it so hard to get that Govt should not be funding anything. . They should save the money and spend on schools,roads,hospitals and so on
Things like this should be left to the private sector and that is what is happening

As for Jonathan i prefer him to any thieving opposition ppl like Buhari,Atiku or Tinubu
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by KnowAll(m): 9:03am On May 16, 2010
[size=14pt]This project aint gonna happen, no be with Chinaman  undecided, past Nigerian Goverment has shown the Chinese that u don't have to lift a finger and dig the ground to make money in Nigeria. I can remember OBJ signing a contract with the Chinese to refurbish and resusitate our dead railway industry only for his sucessor to scuttle it therby handing over a non-refundable bill of about $500 million dollars to the Chinese. Who are we to say this contract or Mou would not be scuttled by some clueless semi- illetrate leader in the future.

On a brighter note thus OBJ made an initial down payment to get the ball rolling, I believe it was in the region of  a $1 Billion dollars, that money has not only made the Chinese know there is easy money to be made in some African countries without lifting a grain of sand they the (Chinese) are now accustomed to doing business this way. This new Mou is not worth the paper it is written on.

I recently stumbled on a web site of PW Contractors, I compared jobs done in some Africa countries with what obtains in Nigeria,  I was aggrieved when I notice that whilst  $12 million dollar was earmarked to be spent on a 6 km strecht of township roads in some of our state capitals in Nigeria the same amount of money was spent on building 80km of roads in Ghana by the same company.

That kept we wondering, clearly most of the projects in Nigeria are over inflated to accommodate the Governor's share and the contractor's profit, invariably what tends to happen is a $5million project in Ghana could easily without much ado be awarded for  $20 million dollars in Nigeria so as to compensate and appease all necessary stake-holders,  at times I think and wonder are we really a doomed country ?. 

[/size]
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by paddylo1(m): 9:07am On May 16, 2010
$12 million dollar was earmarked to be spent on a 6 km strecht of township roads in some of our state capitals in Nigeria the same amount of money was spent on building 80km of roads in Ghana by the same company.

$12 million dollars to build 80km of roads?
Dirt roads perhaps. . .certainly not tarred roads,with drainage
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by KnowAll(m): 9:39am On May 16, 2010
Client:
Ministry of Road & Transport, Government of Ghana, with funding from the World Bank
Contractor:
P.W. Civils (Joint Venture PW Ghana Ltd / PW Nigeria Ltd.)
Value:
US$ 10.5m
Duration:
  2002 to 2004

Details:
  33km road reconstruction project utilising stabilized natural gravel sub base and base materials to form the pavement. Road surfacing using surface dressing

Client:
Plateau State Government
Contractor:
P.W. Nigeria Ltd.
Value:
$ 11.5m
Duration:
  Completed February 2002

Details:
  Rehabilitation of township roads and construction of new roads. All Asphalt surfacing with surface dressed shoulders. Construction of 25,000m sandcrete block and precast concrete drains. Construction and rehabilitation of 4 No. box culverts and 700m of pipe culverts. Erection of 2 No. 14 ton steel pedestrian over bridges on single carriageways. Erection of 2 No. 19 ton steel pedestrian over bridges on double carriageways.

[size=14pt]
They cannot even tell us how many km of roads where to be built.[/size]

Client:
Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria
Contractor:
P.W. Nigeria Ltd.
Value:
$ 14.8m
Duration:
  Completed Jan 2006

Details:
  Surface repairs involving milling of 75,000m2 of asphalt wearing course, Milling of markings rubber deposits. Asphalt overlay of 250,000m2 CRL and ACSC. Drainage improvement works. Pavement markings. Construction of crash road

[size=14pt]Cannot remember any work done on the airport road in Lagos  undecided[/size]

Client:
Niger State Government
Contractor:
P.W. Nigeria Limited
Value:
$ 8.0m
Duration:
  Completed May 2004

Details:
  Rehabilitation of 15km existing Asphalt and Surfaced dressed township roads. Construction of box and pipe culverts. Construction of precast reinforced concrete covered drains.

[size=14pt]This was for Suleija Township, those living in Sulejia would know better, but I doubt wheter this project actually took off.[/size]

Client:
Sokoto State Government
Contractor:
P.W. Nigeria Limited
Value:
$ 5.50m
Duration:
  Completed September 2004

Details:
  Construction of 3.4 km dual carriageway with central median. Asphalt surfacing and single coat surface dressing. Construction of 6,700m concrete drain, box and ring culverts.

[size=14pt]
$5.5 MILLION DOLLARS TO BUILD 3.4 KM ROAD, Uhmmm  [/size]

Client:
Federal Aviation Authority of Nigeria
Contractor:
P.W. Nigeria Ltd
Value:
US$ 3.8m
Duration:
  May 2000 June 2001

Details:
  4.5km Urban Road Dualization between Domestic and Internal Airports in Lagos on a heavily congested traffic route. Scope included clear site, earthworks, laterite fill, crushed stone sub-base and base course. Three layer asphaltic concrete surfacing. Construction of all necessary side drains, U channels, pipe and box culverts. Installation of road furniture and marking. Kerbing and footpath construction. Road was constructed on existing alignment with additional carriageway alongside existing road. All material was produced directly in a PW Nigeria quarry established for this project.

[size=14pt]$3.8 MILLION DOLLARS FOR 4.5KM ROAD AT THE AIRPORT  shocked, the last time I travelled from International Airport to Local Airport it was still single lane what dualization are they talking about here[/size]

Client:
Lagos State Government
Contractor:
P.W. Nigeria Ltd
Value:
$ 15.0m
Duration:
  December 1987 January 1989

Details:
  Construction of a Flyover Bridge at Mile 12 Lagos. Construction of a 4.2km four lane divided highway with covered reinforced concrete drains. Construction of a single and a double span river bridge.

[size=14pt]This is for a fly-over at mile 12, is there a fly-over at mile 12 Ikorodu, I am not sure but those living around there let us know Tinunbu u might have  question to answer.
[/size]

Client:
Sokoto State Government
Contractor:
PW Nigeria Ltd
Value:
$7m
Duration:
  Completed March 2007

Details:
  Design and construction of a two span flyover bridge together with approach roads including all associated works

[size=14pt]Does Sokoto City or Town have a fly-over, just asking  shocked[/size]

Client:
Kaduna State Government
Contractor:
PW Nigeria Ltd
Value:
$8m
Duration:
  Completed 2006

Details:
  Construction of 16 span reinforced concrete flyover bridge in busy city centre of Kaduna

[size=14pt]
Can someone please post the picture of the fly-over in Kaduna, OR am I missing something[/size]  shocked angry
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by otokx(m): 1:26pm On May 16, 2010
That is how they steal all the money finish in the name of phantom projects.
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by nduchucks: 1:41pm On May 16, 2010
This deal doesn't quite make sense to me. Why can't the government enter into a maintenance contract with China to get exisiting refineries working at full capacity before signing this $23b contract? A government that has a very limited time perform should make resurrecting existing refineries a priority.
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by Katsumoto: 1:49pm On May 16, 2010
ndu_chucks:

This deal doesn't quite make sense to me. Why can't the government enter into a maintenance contract with China to get exisiting refineries working at full capacity before signing this $23b contract? A government that has a very limited time perform should make resurrecting existing refineries a priority.

its another avenue for the bigwigs to chop money. After the refineries are built and fall into disrepair, will they build another set of refineries? Perhaps they are practicing federal character; each state should have a non-functioning refinery.
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by Kobojunkie: 2:19pm On May 16, 2010
Client:
Lagos State Government
Contractor:
P.W. Nigeria Ltd
Value:
$ 15.0m
Duration:
December 1987 January 1989

Details:
Construction of a Flyover Bridge at Mile 12 Lagos. Construction of a 4.2km four lane divided highway with covered reinforced concrete drains. Construction of a single and a double span river bridge.

This is for a fly-over at mile 12, is there a fly-over at mile 12 Ikorodu, I am not sure but those living around there let us know Tinunbu u might have question to answer.

Tinubu was not in office 1987 to 1989. I don't remember their existing a flyover in milestop during those years . . . Matter of fact, I am almost 100% that the bridge at mile 12 came into existence in the mid to late 90's, and definitely not the late 1980's. Unless a flyover was built in someone's backyard at mile12
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by ADint(m): 3:02pm On May 16, 2010
The current refineries in Nigeria are still under the NNPC, the intrigues, politics, backstabbing, corruption etc that would be involved in order to get them back to full capacity is just not worth it. With this new initiative, they are building from scratch without the involvement of the characters in the current refineries fiasco. This project by the way does not stop the current refineries from undergoing any rehabilitation or repairs or even sale as the case may be. If the current proposals are sincere we may get the new refineries up and running while NNPC and Co. would still be bickering over the old ones that would still be in a comatose state.

The Kogi State one makes a lot of sense as this will serve the Middle Belt and the North and take a huge number of trucks off the roads which will hitherto have to travel 100s of KMs from Lagos or the Niger Delta to deliver petroleum products to these other regions - the pipelines already exist to transport the crude oil from the Niger Delta to Lokoja in Kogi State where the proposed refinery would be sited.
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by chidichris(m): 3:18pm On May 16, 2010

What are u ranting about. .
Do u even know what international Finance means?

What u do is get long term financing and pay back after u start to make profit. .
so pls no beed to get emotional. . . U are outside the country so u know how things are done

@philidaphia(aka paddy lo),
is this the first time nigeria is engaging in this kind of deal? how many times have u seen nigeria make gain and pay back?
do u know about the harlibuton scandal?
i don't know how many years u have been there but be reminded that this is nigeria and one day, we will wake up to see a chinese president as result of this $23b deal. china even is not the best of countries if this transaction is a genuine one.
my other fears is that this jonathan of a man is not moving on his own as he has decided to work with the devil.
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by rickie4us(m): 3:30pm On May 16, 2010
another scam?
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by Cohomology: 3:38pm On May 16, 2010
Totally useless! Nigeria is corrupt shithole!
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by ADint(m): 3:42pm On May 16, 2010
^^ May well be,  but any development effort that sounds/seems viable, logical and well intentioned gets my vote,  in the midst of all the pessimism there should also be optimism.
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by Cohomology: 4:38pm On May 16, 2010
^^^ Why should anyone be optimistic except the thieves sitting, rubbing their hands and waiting to grab more billions for themselves? We foolish Nigerians, under the guise of ethnic/sectional loyalty, will then give the thieves more chieftaincy titles, shout down anyone who criticizes the thief (especially if the critic is not from "our" ethnic group), call them "oga pata pata", bow down to them, bow down to them again, etc.

Until Nigerians start dealing with those thieves, there is nothing to be optimistic about that country.
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by Kobojunkie: 4:40pm On May 16, 2010
ADint:

The current refineries in Nigeria are still under the NNPC, the intrigues, politics, backstabbing, corruption etc that would be involved in order to get them back to full capacity is just not worth it. With this new initiative, they are building from scratch without the involvement of the characters in the current refineries fiasco. This project by the way does not stop the current refineries from undergoing any rehabilitation or repairs or even sale as the case may be. If the current proposals are sincere we may get the new refineries up and running while NNPC and Co. would still be bickering over the old ones that would still be in a comatose state.

23 Billion dollars Worth? aaaahhhh!!!
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by princekevo(m): 6:31pm On May 16, 2010

Please tell me is it wise for a Nigerian government as corrupt as it is today to take a $23billion dollars loan to fund a deal you and i know will never be completed. Even if completed will definitely end jst like every other projects in Nigerian?

Please what planet are you living in? Can you tell me any sector of Nigerian governement that we have made any substantial profit out of, and please educate me on what the profits was used for? Nigeria is yet to clear their debts, not becoz we cant clear them, but as a result of Corruption in the country. So i dont think any wise leader will embark on creating more debt for us, as long as this inherited corruption still exist. At the moment we should make best use what we have, while corruption is being flushed out the system. Only after that will such deals as this could be effective and efficient.
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by ADint(m): 9:14pm On May 16, 2010
Kobojunkie:

23 Billion dollars Worth? aaaahhhh!!!

Yes 23 Billion dollars worth which is not coming form govts. coffers! We need more refineries in Nigeria even if the existing ones were working at full capacity. As an oil producing country we ought also to be exporting refined petroleum products, as I am sure you are aware, processing and adding value is hugely profitable.
Re: Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refineries by paddylo1(m): 9:28pm On May 16, 2010
@philidaphia(aka paddy lo),
is this the first time nigeria is engaging in this kind of deal? how many times have u seen nigeria make gain and pay back?
do u know about the harlibuton scandal?
i don't know how many years u have been there but be reminded that this is nigeria and one day, we will wake up to see a chinese president as result of this $23b deal. china even is not the best of countries if this transaction is a genuine one.
my other fears is that this jonathan of a man is not moving on his own as he has decided to work with the devil.

NLNG. . .Trains 1 to 6 is a good example of projects financed to completion
Haliburton scandal is about ppl taking bribes to facilitate construction. . not ppl dipping their hands into the construction funds,
so its 2 totally different things

China is in brazil,venezuela,angola,middle east. . .i dont see any problem
NNPC is right to work with china and the west,have u ever heard of
PETROCHINA,CNOOC, and so on?
These are the chinese equivalent of NNPC
but they make billions of dollars in profit every yr,while NNPC has not audited its books in 5yrs

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Begin Moves For 2019, Sets Up Secret Committee To Ensure His Return / Oke-ogun Threat Igbo In Oyo North To Vacate Their Zone With Immediate Effect! / My Advice To fellow Igbos Living In The North.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.