Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,780 members, 7,802,410 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Kano Longest Underpass Ready For Use (video, Pictures) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kano Longest Underpass Ready For Use (video, Pictures) (45254 Views)

A Visit To Kano 3-In-1 N4.5 Billion Dangi Underpass Bridge (Photos, Video) / Ilorin Geri Alimi Underpass And Flyover Current Status (Photos And Video) / Kano Kofar Ruwa Underpass Completed, Ready For Launching (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Longest Underpass Ready For Use (video, Pictures) by Reckonsoft: 7:46pm On Apr 18, 2018
at last

1 Like

Re: Kano Longest Underpass Ready For Use (video, Pictures) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 18, 2018
ogtavia:

2) On housing ; even Federal Government is struggling with affordable housing for the masses so what exactly is your point.

Kano development is mostly done by state government. We pay less attention to federal government.

Kano Hosing scheme

1. Amana city
2. Bandirawo city
3. Kwankwasiya city

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Longest Underpass Ready For Use (video, Pictures) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 18, 2018
ogtavia:

Kano state has an IGR of N53bn while its debt profile stands at N200billion.

btw; I was in Kano last year, I drove along the by - pass on my way to katsina.

This doesn't mean you know kano, you just pass through it.

3)If you think I meant renovation when I said 'upgrade', please get your head out of the clouds.

1. They have been renovated
secondly new ones have been built including not only limited to primary and secondary school, but also additional university and 4 school of nursing, informatics school etc

3rd, Teachers in primary school are mandated to must be from the field of Education and not just having BSC.
Also Kano i s targeting a minimum qualification of first degree to teach in primary school.

I don't work for any politician or political party by the way. I know you might be thinking I am speaking against your governor, in actual sense, I am not. I am only criticizing this so - called laudable achievement.

I am not a politician, I dont even support the present governor. But a good thing deserve commendation. These are laudable achievement and cannot be compared with any over state but Lagos.

Bill Gates was in Nigeria recently and openly told your leaders to prioritize human capital development than physical capital development. I know you will also think its false information.

Let him hold his foolish advice, Kano is investing in both the two concurrently. You dont know how many thousands have been trained to be self employed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Longest Underpass Ready For Use (video, Pictures) by ufuosman(m): 8:22pm On Apr 18, 2018
Nice one
Re: Kano Longest Underpass Ready For Use (video, Pictures) by ogtavia(m): 2:01am On Apr 19, 2018
MrHowto:

This doesn't mean you know kano, you just pass through it.

1. They have been renovated
secondly new ones have been built including not only limited to primary and secondary school, but also additional university and 4 school of nursing, informatics school etc

3rd, Teachers in primary school are mandated to must be from the field of Education and not just having BSC.
Also Kano i s targeting a minimum qualification of first degree to teach in primary school.

I am not a politician, I dont even support the present governor. But a good thing deserve commendation. These are laudable achievement and cannot be compared with any over state but Lagos.

Let him hold his foolish advice, Kano is investing in both the two concurrently. You dont know how many thousands have been trained to be self employed.
You seem to have your facts and I respect that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Longest Underpass Ready For Use (video, Pictures) by ogtavia(m): 2:06am On Apr 19, 2018
MrHowto:

Kano development is mostly done by state government. We pay less attention to federal government.

Kano Hosing scheme

1. Amana city
2. Bandirawo city
3. Kwankwasiya city
I still maintain that these do not translate to affordable housing for the populace. At best, they are for individuals who are wealthy enough to afford them. We must evolve beyond seeing roads and bridges as indices of good performance by our leaders to the point where development meets necessity. That is where the white man excels over us.
Re: Kano Longest Underpass Ready For Use (video, Pictures) by Ethanegos(m): 9:05am On Apr 19, 2018
Beehshorp:
South South and South East money..

And the South-South and South-East what have they done in their region with their share of the oil money?

Go to Delta state you will weep.
Re: Kano Longest Underpass Ready For Use (video, Pictures) by lyrondee: 10:56am On Apr 19, 2018
who knows how I can get to immigration office, Kano??
Re: Kano Longest Underpass Ready For Use (video, Pictures) by obaaderemi: 2:54pm On Apr 19, 2018
ogtavia:
I still maintain that these do not translate to affordable housing for the populace. At best, they are for individuals who are wealthy enough to afford them. We must evolve beyond seeing roads and bridges as indices of good performance by our leaders to the point where development meets necessity. That is where the white man excels over us.
I agree with you here. In terms of Human Development Index, Nigeria scores low every year.Last year we were 152 in the world. We need to focus more on literacy, health and affordable housing. The north especially needs to tackle these seriously. It's hardly about roads and flyovers and just school buildings.

1 Like

Re: Kano Longest Underpass Ready For Use (video, Pictures) by ogtavia(m): 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2018
obaaderemi:
I agree with you here. In terms of Human Development Index, Nigeria scores low every year.Last year we were 152 in the world. We need to focus more on literacy, health and affordable housing. The north especially needs to tackle these seriously. It's hardly about roads and flyovers and just school buildings.

You are a breath of fresh air sir...

Honestly, its hardly about roads, flyovers and just school buildings. Its funny and sad how people still couldn't understand what Bill Gates meant. Education is really key for Nigeria if we must progress as a nation. I agree government alone cannot fund education but government hasn't shown the slighted willingness to address the poor state of education nor have they, even in the remotest way, agreed that there is a huge problem in the educational sector of this country.
Re: Kano Longest Underpass Ready For Use (video, Pictures) by abduljabbar4(m): 11:09pm On Dec 05, 2018
Beehshorp:
South South and South East money..

First, I hope you know that the south south gets more revenue than any other region (based on their population). What have they done with it?

Secondly, what money does the useless SE have? the last time i checked, soil erosion is not a natural resource. Thats why they keeo running to other regions to make ends meet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Accident Kills 4 Keke Riders In Abuja, People On The Run (Photos) / Truck Crushes Woman And Baby As Obiano Stops Convoy To Assist (graphic Photos) / Driving Through The Lagos International Airport Road (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.