Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly (17720 Views)

Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area / Omo-Agege's Thug Who Snatched The Senate's Mace In Action (Photos) / Senate Resumes Plenary With New Mace After Thugs Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by LadyNaija(f): 1:19pm On Apr 18, 2018
National Assembly has ordered the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Idris, to ensure the return of the Senate's mace within twenty-four hours.

The protesters which on Wednesday, April 18, stormed the Senate chamber and stole the mace. The alleged thugs were supporters of a suspended senator, Ovie Omo-Agege. The thugs left the National Assembly with the mace in a black SUV. The mace is the symbol of authority in the parliament.

A security personnel at the entrance of the National Assembly, said he was told by the protesters they were officers with the senator. “We tired to stop them but they told us they were with him (Omo-Agege),” he said. The Senate spokesman, Senator Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi, in a statement issued after the incident, said that the Senate resumed plenary about 15 minutes after coming out of an executive (closed door) session where the earlier incident of forceful removal of the mace was deliberated upon.

He said: "The Senate has resumed plenary about 15 minutes ago after coming out of an executive (closed door) session where the earlier incident of forceful removal of the mace was deliberated upon. "The session is holding with the mace, the official symbol of authority firmly in place, and deputy Senate president, Ike Ekweremadu, presiding.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-MNMaH6Zbtyg/Wtc3NDpYdlI/AAAAAAAAOkw/BwmVfwGSAqY3fsAr2sGDMAzvPVrSKUq0ACLcBGAs/s640/sen1.jpg[/img]

"The Senate also decided that it will get to the roots of this sad assault on democracy and an obvious act of treason which the seizure of the mace by some armed hoodlums represents. "The Senate has mandated the Inspector General of Police, Idris Kpotum Ibrahim and Director General of the State Security Services (SSS), Mallam Lawan Daura, to retrieve the mace stolen by the hoodlums within 24 hours. "At the moment, some House of Representatives members led by deputy Speaker, Yusuf Lasun, are in the Senate chambers in solidarity visits. The session is presently live on NTA Channel 10.

"We are determined to conclude all matters slated on the Order Paper for today, even if it means us sitting until 6pm."

http://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/2018/04/breaking-senate-demands-return-of-mace.html

1 Share

Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by Andrewgame42: 8:11pm On Apr 18, 2018
Why am I not konsign?? I cannot even react to this kind of news! This country no dey try...! And I won't deny a part of me is happy that this shit happen!( make this politician know how e be when you no get security!) I pray for more thuggery in that house,! Any terrible tin that happen to those politician in that house is a good tin to the average Nigerian

Meanwhile am first to comment
I feel so honored to be the first comment. All of my hardwork and dedication has paid off. Getting the top comment has been a dream of mine for many years, and i would like to thank those who have helped me along the way. First and foremost i would like to thank God for giving me this opportunity. Next i would like to thank my parents. I want to thank my friends for being beside me as always. I would also like to thank my pet fish for for surviving against all odds for over a week. Next i would like to thank the squirrel that lives in my backyard for climbing trees because that gives me inspiration that i need to get through the day. This is a special moment in my life and i would like to thank any of my unmentioned friends and family that have helped me along the way. This moment will be a moment that will never forget. I have been trying to be the first comment on a post for years, but that has not beenpossible untill this amazing day. Hopefully my good luck willcontinue, but this is undoubtedly a rare occasion. If you asked me how i did this, i would say, you can achieve anything you set your mind on. To everyone out there reading this, i would like to tell them to follow their dreams. Being the top comment is amazing, thank you everyone.

8 Likes

Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by cheddahboy(m): 8:12pm On Apr 18, 2018
Demand ko, Supply ni

If you are broke, check my signature

1 Like

Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by inoki247: 8:12pm On Apr 18, 2018
put Ransom now like 50billion e go return before d next 50minute...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by eTECTIVe(m): 8:12pm On Apr 18, 2018
Dem dey madt sef.. Where dem dey wen unarmed boys walked into their chamber and walked out wit d mast.. Where are those lawmakers dat scaled d National Assembly fence wen dey were locked out sometime ago? Where was Johnny Bravo Melaye ?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by NaijaMutant(f): 8:12pm On Apr 18, 2018
National comedy grin

Or

National embarrassment
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by daveyjay(m): 8:12pm On Apr 18, 2018
Nigerian politics... smh!
And that slowpoke would contest for a re-run angry
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by obembet(f): 8:13pm On Apr 18, 2018
Let Wait and see now
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by tayo4ng(m): 8:13pm On Apr 18, 2018
it's unfortunate OMO-OSHODI or what is he call allowed himself to be use by the northerners. he should ask Jonathan how much he tryed to please them at the end they still betray him. #BRINGBACKOURMACE#

1 Like

Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by dejavubobo1(m): 8:13pm On Apr 18, 2018
In fela's voice... Arrangee government ooooo
dem go set up enquiry.. & enquiry go close
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by nathan26: 8:13pm On Apr 18, 2018
Hmm
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by dotbaba86(m): 8:13pm On Apr 18, 2018
;DNo b here ooo
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by BruncleZuma: 8:14pm On Apr 18, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by kurt09(m): 8:14pm On Apr 18, 2018
Whoever that support this show of shame is a threat to our nascent democracy. I move with all circumstances beyond endurance to order the IG of police to arrest the culprits.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:14pm On Apr 18, 2018
The mace ultimate search.
It is well.
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by CalciumB3: 8:15pm On Apr 18, 2018
Make dem go sabo, dem go see am...

Na everything aboki dey buy.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by LibertyRep: 8:15pm On Apr 18, 2018
I'm not a fan of the IGP but on this case the man already has his plate filled and the least of his problem should be an ultimatum from the Senate over their stolen mace.

Were they not sitting like overfed lame ducks in the chamber while the mace was being carted away?.

Are they not men? Why can't they resist the mace thieves?

The snatching of the mace is an affront on our democracy and should be roundly condemned though. But then, are we actually practicing democracy?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by kmaster007: 8:16pm On Apr 18, 2018
I wish is bokoharam to kill evry1 of dem. dem use d mace collect money for bank

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by eyinjuege: 8:16pm On Apr 18, 2018
All these senators are just jokers.
Honestly, Nigerians should start by protesting against the extravagant and bogus allowances they get.
I wonder how we keep voting low lifers into power.

1 Like

Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by JesseTariah(m): 8:16pm On Apr 18, 2018
They are mad
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by CalciumB3: 8:17pm On Apr 18, 2018
O'lord I pray thee
Give our leaders sense so that they will know that we are not a fool...
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by Abfinest007(m): 8:17pm On Apr 18, 2018
the name Nigeria is a joke

1 Like

Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by package7(m): 8:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
Nobody is safe in this country call Nigeria

We are in trouble, just imagine a whole national Assemble with all the security guard. Its a shame ����
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by kennymartinz(m): 8:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
Useless people even when the mace dey there it dey useful. God go punish una as una dey suffer common man.
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by EndtimeJudge(m): 8:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
Can't the senators go to another carpenter to carve another Mace or Mould it? are there no Armed Forces stationed at NASS when it happened. naso budget wey get softcopy lost, lol. shithole and dumpshit indeed.
one day, you'll hear buhari has been kidnap in Aso rock.
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 18, 2018
What a shameful story!
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by Robisky001(m): 8:20pm On Apr 18, 2018
Ultimatum here and there. After 24hrs nothing will still happen toothless bulldogs.
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by Abfinest007(m): 8:20pm On Apr 18, 2018
if thugs can manuvre eir way into d upper house with all d security present there it means we are not safe

what am i even sayin we are not safe b4 not to talk of now

2 Likes

Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by mzangy: 8:21pm On Apr 18, 2018
Andrewgame42:
Why am I not konsign?? I cannot even react to this kind of news! This country no dey try...! And I won't deny a part of me is happy that this shit happen!( make this politician know how e be when you no get security!) I pray for more thuggery in that house,! Any terrible tin that happen to those politician in that house is a good tin to the average Nigerian

Meanwhile am first to comment
I feel so honored to be the first comment. All of my hardwork and dedication has paid off. Getting the top comment has been a dream of mine for many years, and i would like to thank those who have helped me along the way. First and foremost i would like to thank God for giving me this opportunity. Next i would like to thank my parents. I want to thank my friends for being beside me as always. I would also like to thank my pet fish for for surviving against all odds for over a week. Next i would like to thank the squirrel that lives in my backyard for climbing trees because that gives me inspiration that i need to get through the day. This is a special moment in my life and i would like to thank any of my unmentioned friends and family that have helped me along the way. This moment will be a moment that will never forget. I have been trying to be the first comment on a post for years, but that has not beenpossible untill this amazing day. Hopefully my good luck willcontinue, but this is undoubtedly a rare occasion. If you asked me how i did this, i would say, you can achieve anything you set your mind on. To everyone out there reading this, i would like to tell them to follow their dreams. Being the top comment is amazing, thank you everyone.

grin You're funny
Re: Senate Demands Return Of Mace In 24 Hours After Thugs Invade National Assembly by oyetunder(m): 8:22pm On Apr 18, 2018
thugs cannot invade their personal houses... But as usual, who cares? Let them look for their useless mace as the people are busy looking for the season of maize.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Conscience Group Asks FG To Declare State Of Emergency In South-East / How CBN's CRR Policy Will Kill The Economy - Akin Oyebode / Tinubu Not In Sickbed, Orji Kalu Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.