Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Hair Relaxers: Kit Or Cup? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Hair Relaxers: Kit Or Cup? (38575 Views)

Tips On Stretching Your Relaxers For Hair Health And Growth / Best Hair Relaxers Or Cream For Darkening Of Hair / Using Relaxers-how Early Is Too Early? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hair Relaxers: Kit Or Cup? by kellorah: 6:10pm On Apr 14, 2007
well, hair dressers know best wink
Re: Hair Relaxers: Kit Or Cup? by DewDrop(f): 3:45pm On Apr 16, 2007
Errr, no they don't @ kellorah shocked

omogenaija, if you see that your hair is in its best condition, why mess with it? just continue with your African Pride and don't let someone who isn't your identical twin and has done the switch tell you anything! It's your hair and if- if it breaks again, you'd only have yourself to blame!

I'm sure you're grateful to your new stylist for her part in the turnaround in your hair but I think you should go with that old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
Re: Hair Relaxers: Kit Or Cup? by Imani(f): 10:25pm On Apr 16, 2007
Sorry ladies to ask this silly question,  embarassed

What is the difference between kit and cup? lipsrsealed

When i need to buy relaxer, i just tell the seller, i wanna buy Olive Oil/Gentle treatment relaxer for example.
Re: Hair Relaxers: Kit Or Cup? by omogenaija(f): 3:56am On Apr 17, 2007
dewdrop thanks for the advice girl , i will use it
Re: Hair Relaxers: Kit Or Cup? by uchetobi(f): 8:43am On Apr 17, 2007
too many fakes of dark and lovely are in Nigerian market. Am thinking of changing to botanicals (soft and beautiful)
Re: Hair Relaxers: Kit Or Cup? by cocoon(m): 5:39pm On Apr 17, 2007
Hair
Re: Hair Relaxers: Kit Or Cup? by uchetobi(f): 7:57am On Apr 18, 2007
cup is the one that is single. but kit comes with activator, shampoo, conditioner, moisturizers etc. its a complete package not just the relaxer
Re: Hair Relaxers: Kit Or Cup? by Bebstic(f): 10:39pm On Nov 05, 2007
I stopped using Dark and lovely kit 5years ago when I bought a particular one and my hair started falling out. I changed to Revlon Herba Rich kit. It was okay for a while but right now, my hair is so bad that i feel like cutting it. I have not changed it cos I'm scared of using anyother one. My hair dresser advised me to use the revlon creme of nature cup. what do you think?

Sorry I'm digressing but any suggestions for a spotty face,arms and back( i get pimples on those places). I was told to buy Neutrogena anti-spot daily scrub
but I think its worse than before. I feel like i wasted my money
Re: Hair Relaxers: Kit Or Cup? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 06, 2007
Try vitale olive oil relaxers .
vitale olive oil fertilizing balm .
vitale olive oil 4- in _ 1 growth serum .
vitale olive oil breeze shampoo.
very nice for my hair .
Re: Hair Relaxers: Kit Or Cup? by omogenaija(f): 8:25pm On Nov 06, 2007
@ drewdrop
i switched my relaxer again embarassed
now im using affirm , the only reason y i switched b/c i switched my stylist undecided
Re: Hair Relaxers: Kit Or Cup? by almondjoy(f): 2:31pm On Nov 07, 2007
Cup----Stylists uses Design Essential Products. kiss
Re: Hair Relaxers: Kit Or Cup? by omena555(f): 4:24pm On Nov 08, 2007
i use dark and lovely kit. its very good on my hair. i have long, full, beautiful, silky and shining hair. well partly becos its in the genes. but then dark and lovely is good on my hair.

i've come to realise that kit may not be superior to cup and vice visa. it all depends on what suits ur hair and scalp. it may be kit, it may be cup. u just have to be lucky enough to find out. i have a very good friend who has my type of hair. my God! her hair is beautiful. but she uses revlon cup! i made her try dark and lovely at a time and it didnt go well with her hair so she quickly changed to her good old revlon. so ladies, dont use kit cos someone says its the best. u find out for urself what suits ur hair and scalp and stick to it. also, avoid using too much treatment. it tends to choke the hair. moderation shd be the watchword. kiss
Re: Hair Relaxers: Kit Or Cup? by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:25am On Nov 10, 2007
@topic

i go for dark and lovely Kit cus it comes with the complete stuff for my hair .
Re: Hair Relaxers: Kit Or Cup? by Gamine(f): 1:35pm On Nov 10, 2007
Nothing relaxs my hair, cup or kit!

ive decided to go natural!!!!!!
Re: Hair Relaxers: Kit Or Cup? by Shinatu: 1:25pm On Sep 27, 2012
The only thing that makes the Kit better is the mildness on Sensitive scalp, it is actually hash on the hair, Calcium hydroxide has the tendency to dry out hair and leave chemical deposits on the hair. You may have to use Shampoos with EDTA- chelating agents to get rid of these deposits and you will need to properly condition your hair.
Re: Hair Relaxers: Kit Or Cup? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 27, 2012
When I used to relax my hair, I used Dark & Lovely kit, a few times the Organic Olive oil kit. They are both good.Before moving to kit, I used Universal Basic (UB) but then a lot of fakes filled the market.
Re: Hair Relaxers: Kit Or Cup? by queenesthr(f): 10:18am On Nov 15, 2014
Kit relaxer is mild on the scalp but harsh on the hair. Cup relaxer is mild on the hair but harsh on the scalp. So the choice is yours- if you have strong scalp you can use cup, if you have strong hair you can use kit. In either case, you still suffer damage. That is why conditioners are important- to repair the damage done by relaxers.
Re: Hair Relaxers: Kit Or Cup? by Immaangel(f): 9:20pm On Jul 30, 2015
Hello ladies, check out my topic on nairaland and kindly comment.https://www.nairaland.com/2395510/how-style-single-braids-pix/1#35879796

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Ladies Wearing Waist Beads / Peace Mildred Ehiguese Wins Miss Nigeria 2017 (Photos) / See How This Lady Transformed To A Muscular Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.