Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Full List Of Nominees At 2018 Billboard Music Awards - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Full List Of Nominees At 2018 Billboard Music Awards (361 Views)

2019 Future Awards Africa Winners (Full List) / List Of Starzz Awards 2019 Nominees / Chibuike Okechukwu Paschal Celebrate Son's 1st Birthday With Billboard In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Full List Of Nominees At 2018 Billboard Music Awards by liltee123(m): 6:40pm On Apr 18, 2018
The 2018 Billboard Music Awards are weeks away and we finally know who’s up for a prize at this year’s show.

On Tuesday, Khalid and Bebe Rexha announced this year’s nominations on theToday show, while also learning that they’re each up for a potential win as well. “I’m a New York City girl. I didn’t think I was going to be nominated for a country award!” she reportedly said, referring to her Top Country Song nomination for “Meant to Be” with Florida Georgia Line. Khalid is up for Top New Artist, and is up against Camila Cabello, 21 Savage, Kodak Black, and of course Cardi B.

And while the two artists are indeed notable, Ed Sheeran and Taylor Swift are making headlines as well. Sheeran scored a total of 10 nominations, while Swift earned four nods for music off Reputation. According to Billboard, nominations are based on statistics like radio airplay, streaming, touring, social media engagement, and album and song sales from the past 12 months

In addition, NBC announced that pop singer Kelly Clarkson is hosting the show. “To prepare for hosting the Billboard Music Awards, I already have 20 costume changes planned,” Clarkson said in a statement. “I will be flying in like my girl P!nk, and calling Amy Schumer and Sarah Silverman for jokes. Well, or I’m just gonna show up and celebrate my favorite artists and get to know a few more. Yeah, maybe I’ll go with that plan.”

Other artists with multiple nominations, which were announced on Tuesday include Drake (9), Justin Bieber (cool, Cardi B (cool, Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee (7 each), and Taylor Swift (5).

The awards are given out by the music publication Billboard. Nominees and winners are selected through analyzing data collected over a 12-month period about “album and digital songs sales, radio airplay, streaming, touring, and social engagement,” according to NBC.

Winners will be announced during a three-hour award show, which will be broadcast live on NBC on Sunday, May 20 at 8 p.m. ET, and will feature performances by notable artists.

performances by notable artists.

Click below to see the full list;

https://www.teevibeblog.com.ng/2018/04/18/full-list-of-nominees-at-2018-billboard-music-awards.html

(1) (Reply)

I Sing & do Voice-over & Radio Jingle in French & English - Ebenewood / Easy Money Made / Bride-to-be Laments Elections Postponement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.