Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Ogun Customs Gets New Comptroller - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ogun Customs Gets New Comptroller (5336 Views)

Comptroller - General Of Immigration Appoints A New Comptroller For Delta State / Otorisirieze Obi-young Gets New Job After Sack / CP Hakeem Olusegun Odumosu: Lagos gets new Commissioner of Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Customs Gets New Comptroller by lalekanyinusa(m): 7:28pm On Apr 18, 2018
Ogun Customs gets new Comptroller

The Comptroller of the Nigerian Customs service, Ogun Area Command, Comptroller Sani Madugu, on Wednesday handed over the mantle of leadership to the former acting comptroller of the enforcement at the headquarter, Michael Ojobo Agbara.
Sani introduced the new comptroller to journalists at the Idiroko command of the service and solicited for improved cooperation for him from both officers and journalists so as to ensure success during his tenure. 
The outgoing comptroller read his achievements and particularly pointed out seizures made under his leadership in the last two weeks summing it up to the whooping sum of N58,974,705 million. 
Speaking on the achievements of the command in the last two weeks, Sani noted that he has tried his best in ensuring that smuggling activities are suppressed to the barest minimum.  
He said," We have tried our best and we have suppressed smuggling.
"In 2017, we have seized 142 vehicles and In the last two  weeks, we have seized 12 tokumbo vehicles,which cost  N42, 974,000 ,and also another 12 'means to conveyance' vehicles  which are put at 12,255,000.
"252 bags of foreign rice which cost N2,570,400, vegetable oil of 110 kegs valued at N660,000, frozen poultry products  of 30 cartoons at N250,000, N50,000 worth of sugar, N100,000 worth of second hand cloths and N40,000 worth of second hand bags.
"The total Duty Paid Value (DPV) stands at N58,974,705.       
"This is the review of what we have done  and today,15th of April , I am handing over the batten of leadership to my brother and course mate Agbara Ojobo. 
"I pray for him that he will succeed as he assumes office today. 
"I want to appreciate the members of the press and my officers for your support throughout my stay here and I am soliciting same for my successor for him to as well succeed."
During his acceptance speech, the new comptroller begged officers and journalists in the state to cooperate with him so as to make his job easy. 
Agbara also explained that he cannot make any promise until he must have inspected the command, understand the terrine and identified the threats.
His words, "Concerning comparison., the customs policy is that no officer should stay long in a particular place because if you stay long, you will begin to have friends and you will not be as aggressive as you use to be.
"Right now, I can't begin to make promises because, I still have to go round and see what is on ground so as to know the threat and the possible solutions.
"I want to solicits the cooperation of the press as the Fourth estate of the realm, please cooperate with us so that we can achieve success together.
"I want to commend my predecessor and I pray that I sustain the same level of success and where there is failure improve on it." Agbara submitted.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Customs Gets New Comptroller by Hardewarlee(m): 7:32am On Apr 19, 2018
Congratulations

Meanwhile , BBnaija is almost over For all of una wey never get your PVC ... Please it’s not too late to safe ourselves from people wey wan turn Our Dear Country Nigeria to a Joke

TeamGetyourPVCReady

2019 is here ... Jah Bless

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Customs Gets New Comptroller by Timiblanko(m): 7:33am On Apr 19, 2018
This brov in front of me nao jet you carry?
mean why

handed
over the mantle of leadership to the former acting
comptroller of the enforcement at the headquarter, Michael
Ojobo Agbara.

why handle it to the former acting comptroller. just curious
Re: Ogun Customs Gets New Comptroller by Hardewarlee(m): 7:36am On Apr 19, 2018
Space for Sale grin
Re: Ogun Customs Gets New Comptroller by Hardewarlee(m): 7:40am On Apr 19, 2018
All thanks to emptyhen lol
Timiblanko:
This brov in front of me nao jet you carry?
mean why

[I]
handed
over the mantle of leadership to the former acting
comptroller of the enforcement at the headquarter, Michael
Ojobo Agbara.

why handle it to the former acting comptroller
.[/I]
Re: Ogun Customs Gets New Comptroller by Jhayeahsam01(m): 7:44am On Apr 19, 2018
I have a passion for this job me too want protuding belly
Re: Ogun Customs Gets New Comptroller by adebrave1(m): 8:01am On Apr 19, 2018
Wow.... CLETUS UNLCE
Re: Ogun Customs Gets New Comptroller by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:27am On Apr 19, 2018
Congratulations sir!
His selfless service and positive contribution to nation building is the most important thing.
I wish him all the best.
Re: Ogun Customs Gets New Comptroller by castrol180(m): 8:28am On Apr 19, 2018
Mtchew...the country is bad and this selected few are enjoying
Re: Ogun Customs Gets New Comptroller by SWORD419(m): 10:41am On Apr 19, 2018
i will join u guys God's willing

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Retrenchment Fear Grips Banks And Oil Companies! / What A Typical Nigerian Boss Is Like / Best Ican Tuition House In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.