Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,718 members, 7,802,166 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? (25038 Views)

27-Year-Old Man Batters Lover For Denying Him Sex After Buying A Phone For Her / Disrespectful : My Wife's Comment 4 Days After Traditional Marriage (pic) / A Lady Due To Wed In January Dump Her Husband After Traditional Wedding (PIXS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by jaxxy(m): 10:46am On Apr 19, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:
I'm just confused.
is there anything wrong in having sex after traditional marriage?
The weird thing is some people especially ladies usually say stuffs like; wait till after wedding, honeymoon.

so is the traditional marriage not a marriage?
if you think it's useless why did you agree to traditional marriage in the first place?

After spending a lot of money in paying for bride price and the marriage ,you still refuse to have sex.
If you were to be in that man's shoes, won't you leave?

Some ladies also forget that wedding is supposed to be footed by the parents of the bride, when Africans want to copy things they only copy the part they think is favourable to them and leave the other part.
Just as the wedding system was copied, in the countries it was copied from the parents of the bride foot the wedding but in Africa the man is expected to foot the traditional marriage and the wedding, isn't that insane?

to my question; what's Wrong with sex after traditional marriage??

Here d deal. If u want to hv sex after the traditional ure doing nothing wrong bt u can't afterward say u want to do a church wedding tho cos the church has blessed the sex or do u say they like to assume they are dealing with pure couples and fears of pregnancy which can only happen if u engaged in sex. However if u doing just court after ur traditional pls by all mean fire.

And No the man can't leave just because he needs to wait for sex till after the church wedding if he's waited dat long while dating u. So choose
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by castrol180(m): 10:47am On Apr 19, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

I wonder for them

Are you left out?
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 19, 2018
Lexusgs430:

The bill for the wedding is meant to be footed by those getting married. Why place the financial burden solely on the parents?

If they know they cannot foot the bill, they are not yet ready for marriage.......

Traditional wedding is simply to fulfil traditional obligations....

Church wedding is to fulfil spiritual obligations.....
Court's is to fulfil legal obligations ... Haha
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 19, 2018
Must Marriage be about sex. The sex thing is overrated.
How about the career after T.marriage? How about the dreams one had before marriage.
Infact... Waaka there!
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by akiOYIBO: 10:50am On Apr 19, 2018
Foolish africans because of white mans Bible you sold your God sent identity. You do not need to go to court after T wedding cos its legally recognised in law unlike the white wedding. As for sex, after my T wedding I go fuack my her front and back.
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by onyii4ev: 10:51am On Apr 19, 2018
Traditional marriage is where and when the union is being cemented in the spiritual realm. For the fact that the man has fulfilled all that are required from the groom's family, especially the payment of the bride price, then marriage had been spiritually and physically contracted. Sex becomes sacred at this point.
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by jnrbayano(m): 10:51am On Apr 19, 2018
SuperBlack:
A lot

Pls can you share some of it?
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Acidosis(m): 10:52am On Apr 19, 2018
Types of Marriage in Nigeria;

1. Customary/Traditional: according to various customs
2. Statutory: e.g. Ikoyi Registry
3. Religious: White wedding

Out of ignorance and the likelihood of following unnecessary trends, most Nigerians only repeat the same wedding process.

Now here is the trick or let me say the only reason I wouldn't advise any Yoruba Christian for example to do a Customary marriage:

If you get married under the yoruba tradition (Customary laws of Nigeria), and your husband decides to get another wife a week after your wedding, don't even bother searching for a lawyer because you would lose! The authentic Yoruba traditions allow a man to marry 2, even 10 wives.

What our people do in the name of "traditional wedding" is simply paparazzi, a fun time to show off some aso ebi and agbada. Our so called customary marriage is ulter display of idiocy, it is not recognized anywhere. You can't claim to do a Yoruba customary marriage where a man is allowed to marry 10 wives by tradition, and still claim to love a white wedding where marrying 2 wives is forbidden.

Families, even women, have come to understand that our customary marriages have lost touch with the reality, hence, no woman would actually want to give her all until the legally binding wedding is done: which most churches and courts provide. If you do "traditional marriage", it is as good as doing nothing these days because the law won't protect you. How many couples, after doing traditional wedding, can provide you with a certified customary marriage certificate? May be 1 out of 100,000.

As regards the question, should you have sex with your husband after your " traditional wedding "? Yes, if you will abide with the Customary Laws of Nigeria. If you can't, then wait until your husband is ready to say I do to the culture that respects women: White wedding (White tradition) or Court wedding (British Legal System).
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 10:54am On Apr 19, 2018
Lexusgs430:

The bill for the wedding is meant to be footed by those getting married. Why place the financial burden solely on the parents?

If they know they cannot foot the bill, they are not yet ready for marriage.......

Traditional wedding is simply to fulfil traditional obligations....

Church wedding is to fulfil spiritual obligations.....

remember this when your wife deny you sex after you've paid bride price and done traditional marriage everything about 700k and she tell you no sex till after wedding...

won't you ask for refund of your money?
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by piagetskinner(m): 10:56am On Apr 19, 2018
traditional marriage doesn't join u in holy matrimony

so that makes it incorrect to have canal knowledge of your proposed spouse after traditional marriage
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by 1kingwriter: 10:56am On Apr 19, 2018
Nigerians engage in 3 different marriages:-
Traditional
Court
Church

Infact many do not know the implications but follow as they were brainwashed.

One bride price is paid, you're free to do it and without constrain - have sex and make babies if you want.

Just pray that nothing happens to a man or woman who must have paid or bride price received on her behalf.

If the lady dies before court or church wedding, the man MUST bury her and observe all rites same with the lady. So what are we talking about?

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 10:57am On Apr 19, 2018
Nothing is wrong with it my dear. Traditional marriage is valid marriage. White wedding is the West’s traditional marriage sef.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Lexusgs430: 10:58am On Apr 19, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Court's is to fulfil legal obligations ... Haha

Indeed..... We should be a team.....
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 10:59am On Apr 19, 2018
Acidosis:
Types of Marriage in Nigeria;

1. Customary/Traditional: according to various customs
2. Statutory: e.g. Ikoyi Registry
3. Religious: White wedding

Out of ignorance and the likelihood of following unnecessary trends, most Nigerians only repeat the same wedding process.

Now here is the trick or let me say the only reason I wouldn't advise any Yoruba Christian for example to do a Customary marriage:

If you get married under the yoruba tradition (Customary laws of Nigeria), and your husband decides to get another wife a week after your wedding, don't even bother searching for a lawyer because you would lose! The authentic Yoruba traditions allow a man to marry 2, even 10 wives.

What our people do in the name of "traditional wedding" is simply paparazzi, a fun time to show off some aso ebi and agbada. Our so called customary marriage is ulter display of idiocy, it is not recognized anywhere. You can't claim to do a Yoruba customary marriage where a man is allowed to marry 10 wives by tradition, and still claim to love a white wedding where marrying 2 wives is forbidden.

Families, even women, have come to understand that our customary marriages have lost touch with the reality, hence, no woman would actually want to give her all until the legally binding wedding is done: which most churches and courts provide. If you do "traditional marriage", it is as good as doing nothing these days because the law won't protect you. How many couples, after doing traditional wedding, can provide you with a certified customary marriage certificate? May be 1 out of 100,000.

As regards the question, should you have sex with your husband after your " traditional wedding "? Yes, if you will abide with the Customary Laws of Nigeria. If you can't, then wait until your husband is ready to say I do to the culture that respect women.

dude I'm talking about sex after traditional marriage not all these protection talks.

if as a man after you pay huge bride price and foot the traditional marriage, a lady tells you to wait till after wedding ,won't you request for refund of your money?

if the traditional marriage isn't effective why did she do it in the first place?

nonsense,.. you're talking about protection when the topic is about sex after traditional marriage.
wedding is necessary, I'm talking about sex after marriage I didn't say nobody should do wedding.
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 11:00am On Apr 19, 2018
selfemployed:

Its wrong because you haven't given the pastor a fat envelope, therefore your marriage has not been registered in heaven.

Marriage vow is supposed to be holy and honorable. If you've already opened and tasted the package after traditional wedding, what are you coming to do in church again?

To avoid stress. Celebrate both traditional and church weddings the same day. After church wedding in the morning, celebrate the trad in the afternoon and also have your reception there. Full stop!

trash.
the white you copied the system didn't say only people who've not tasted sex should do wedding.
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Lexusgs430: 11:02am On Apr 19, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

remember this when your wife deny you sex after you've paid bride price and done traditional marriage everything about 700k and she tell you no sex till after wedding...

won't you ask for refund of your money?

I would not even do traditional first, we do church first (I can quickly unlock the cookie jar). We then do traditional later.... If she no gree, no marriage......
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by litaninja(m): 11:04am On Apr 19, 2018
How is it wrong because the church they attend frowns at it? The church is another tribe's culture / tradition, hence the wedding is their traditional wedding.
It is NOT Nigerian / African.
Your traditional wedding from your village is your wedding ceremony. It is valid.
Get your head out of instagram and facebook.

chivic:
Nothing is wrong but can be wrong if the church you attend frowns at it.
Why do people do court wedding,was there court wedding before?
Why do people wear white wedding gown was it like that before?
As the world is changing a lot of things are changing.

And just for the records, most church liase with the court and as such when you wed in the church a copy is sent to the court to make the wedding legally binding.This actually protects the lady in terms of divorce or disagreement.But traditional wedding might not protect you (lady or even the guy) given the current trend of things.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Acidosis(m): 11:05am On Apr 19, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

dude I'm talking about sex after traditional marriage not all these protection talks.

if as a man after you pay huge bride price and foot the traditional marriage, a lady tells you to wait till after wedding ,won't you request for refund of your money?

if the traditional marriage isn't effective why did she do it in the first place?

nonsense,.. you're talking about protection when the topic is about sex after traditional marriage.
wedding is necessary, I'm talking about sex after marriage I didn't say nobody should do wedding.

If you can give your man sex because he spent N700k on aso ebi, groundnuts, palm oil, goats, etc., then should as well give him sex when he buys you an iPhone.
Religious factors are the major reasons women deny men sex. So a woman can decide to wait until she meets her religious obligations. It is her choice.

However, what I'm saying to ignorant minds like yours is this: that thing you call traditional marriage is a total waste of time, because it is not recognized. If I spend 700k on your bride price today, I can wake up tomorrow denying ever meeting you. You don't have any proof apart from the unrecognized photoshop pictures and empty bottles of ogogoro and goats.
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by nasuite: 11:05am On Apr 19, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:
I'm just confused.
The weird thing is some people especially ladies usually say stuffs like; wait till after wedding, honeymoon.

if you think it's useless why did you agree to traditional marriage in the first place?

After spending a lot of money in paying for bride price and the marriage ,you still refuse to have sex.

Some ladies also forget that wedding is supposed to be footed by the parents of the bride, when Africans want to copy things they only copy the part they think is favourable to them and leave the other part.
Just as the wedding system was copied, in the countries it was copied from the parents of the bride foot the wedding but in Africa the man is expected to foot the traditional marriage and the wedding, isn't that insane?

This OP is feeling guilty of Sex after traditional wedding
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by xynerise: 11:09am On Apr 19, 2018
Absolutely nothing
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 11:10am On Apr 19, 2018
Acidosis:

If you can give your man sex because he spent N700k on aso ebi, groundnuts, palm oil, goats, etc., then should as well give him sex when he buys you an iPhone.
Religious factors are the major women deny men of sex. So a woman can decide to wait until she meets her religious obligations. It is her choice.

However, what I'm saying to ignorant minds like yours is this: that thing you call traditional marriage is a total display of idiocy, because it is not recognized. If I spend 700k on your bride price today, I can wake up tomorrow denying ever meeting you. You don't have any proof apart from the unrecognized Photoshop pictures and empty bottles of ogogoro and goats.

it's useless arguing with you.

I think religion should marry her then.
after paying huge bride price and footing traditional marriage you can wait till after your wedding before having sex.

some people are just a disgrace to African culture, I wonder why the so-called Westerners don't steal our cultures too.

please don't quote me. you're reasoning like a kid
bye

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by xynerise: 11:10am On Apr 19, 2018
piagetskinner:
traditional marriage doesn't join u in holy matrimony

so that makes it incorrect to have canal knowledge of your proposed spouse after traditional marriage

This is pure ignorance....Who made White wedding the original Holy Matrimony?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by xynerise: 11:12am On Apr 19, 2018
Acidosis:

Religious factors are the major reasons women deny men of sex. So a woman can decide to wait until she meets her religious obligations. It is her choice.

However, what I'm saying to ignorant minds like yours is this: that thing you call traditional marriage is a total waste of time, because it is not recognized. If I spend 700k on your bride price today, I can wake up tomorrow denying ever meeting you. You don't have any proof apart from the unrecognized photoshop pictures and empty bottles of ogogoro and goats.

Oga,this your analysis is so off point grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 11:12am On Apr 19, 2018
xynerise:

This is pure ignorance....Who made White wedding the original Holy Matrimony?

it's useless arguing with them.
they're obviously kids, you can see it from their posts
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Confor(m): 11:12am On Apr 19, 2018
[quote author=TheUpsetGirl1 post=66834684]I'm just confused.

Nothing is wrong at all. Infact, the bitter truth about marriage is that once your PARENTS consented to the relationship with few members of the families, then marriage is done. Going around seeking for PASTOR or IMAM's blessing is just a dressing. Only parents can give out their kids to whoever requested and reliable. kiss

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 11:13am On Apr 19, 2018
xynerise:

Oga,this your analysis is so off point grin

a very senseless and childish conclusion
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 11:15am On Apr 19, 2018
Lexusgs430:

I would not even do traditional first, we do church first (I can quickly unlock the cookie jar). We then do traditional later.... If she no gree, no marriage......

lmao grin

which parents will allow that?

you're only dreaming.. it's obvious you're a kid

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by xynerise: 11:17am On Apr 19, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

it's useless arguing with them.
they're obviously kids, you can see it from their posts

Acidosis is somebody's grandfather o grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 11:17am On Apr 19, 2018
jaxxy:

Here d deal. If u want to hv sex after the traditional ure doing nothing wrong bt u can't afterward say u want to do a church wedding tho cos the church has blessed the sex or do u say they like to assume they are dealing with pure couples and fears of pregnancy which can only happen if u engaged in sex. However if u doing just court after ur traditional pls by all mean fire.

And No the man can't leave just because he needs to wait for sex till after the church wedding if he's waited dat long while dating u. So choose

you're still a kid. grow up

if you think the traditional marriage is of no effect, don't do it.
just go for only wedding.
nonsense
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 11:18am On Apr 19, 2018
xynerise:

Acidosis is somebody's grandfather o grin

I refuse to believe that.
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Lexusgs430: 11:19am On Apr 19, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

lmao grin

which parents will allow that?

you're only dreaming.. it's obvious you're a kid

A kid, like baby goat ?
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:19am On Apr 19, 2018
You are going to far. After we have done introduction. Omo na to dey bleep that toto. The main koko be say our parent done know each other and have accepted both of us. Any other ceremony na bonus.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Much Do You Weigh In KG And Is Your Partner Happy About It? / Obonnoma Water Party In Rivers State (Photos) / 3 Financial Red Flags In A Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.