Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,890 members, 7,806,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? (25048 Views)

27-Year-Old Man Batters Lover For Denying Him Sex After Buying A Phone For Her / Disrespectful : My Wife's Comment 4 Days After Traditional Marriage (pic) / A Lady Due To Wed In January Dump Her Husband After Traditional Wedding (PIXS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 2:15pm On Apr 19, 2018
Precious111:
There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, In fact no church will wed you without payment of Bride price because that's the marriage itself, but if you want to get married in church adhere to the rules of the church you want to get married in.
Lobatan.
"White wedding is feeding of people who aren't hungry, and impressing people who are not seeing you."

and which Bible said couples can't have sex without doing wedding?
is traditional marriage not recognized in the same Bible?
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 19, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

no pastor says such....
nobody cares about that, and no church cleric is going to ask you stupid questions like have you had sex before?

it's rare, even if, if I slap that mouth eh you'll resign cheesy
during marriage counselling some pastors do ask oocheesy. Its mostly the immatured onescheesy. They will ask the couples if they have had sex and there some pastors they will act as a stumbling block in the relationship.some will go behind the man telling the woman not to marry the man cos God told him in a vision and bla bla..especially if he's eyeing the woman. But most matured minded clerics don't engage in such though...its mostly the 419 ones dat do such.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by oluxy(m): 2:33pm On Apr 19, 2018
Nothing wrong.

Traditional marriage is what the scripture instituted.

Except you are a Catholician who doesn't beleive in traditional marriage but see white wedding as key to heaven. And if you don't go through white wedding Catholic authority in Nigeria will see you and your spouse as the one living a life of fornication.

Traditional wedding is marriage.
And after that you can go on shooting you pistol into the box.
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 2:43pm On Apr 19, 2018
lefulefu:
during marriage counselling some pastors do ask oocheesy. Its mostly the immatured onescheesy. They will ask the couples if they have had sex and there some pastors they will act as a stumbling block in the relationship.some will go behind the man telling the woman not to marry the man cos God told him in a vision and bla bla..especially if he's eyeing the woman. But most matured minded clerics don't engage in such though...its mostly the 419 ones dat do such.

I'd boldy slap the pastor and quit my membership of the church.
like I said no standard church pastors ask such useless questions

churches like Anglican, redeem and Living faith, C A C
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 19, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

I'd boldy slap the pastor and quit my membership of the church.
like I said no standard church pastors ask such useless questions

churches like Anglican and Living faith, C A C
anglican,catholic,living faith,believers love world...a can't expect such from their clerics. They have laid down rules.its the mushroom churches that act as such.
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Acidosis(m): 2:55pm On Apr 19, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

you've comprehension issues, I'm not talking about how traditional marriages are legally binding or whatsoever.

you read the title of the topic; what's wrong with sex after marriage?

that's the title not all this trash you're saying.

and for your nonsense talk, how many people have sued their spouses because their spouses refused sex?

you must be dreaming.
so because you did some court marriage shít you think a lady can't deny her husband sex whenever she likes ?

keep deceiving yourself

No dear, the only person with a comprehension problem is you.

In my first response, I already answered your question, but you have consistently choose to argue what is obviously beyond your level;

v v

As regards the question, should you have sex with your husband after your " traditional wedding "? Yes, if you will abide with the Customary Laws of Nigeria

Other epistles about the types of marriage in Nigeria aren't meant for people with extremely low comprehension levels. Since you fall in that category, just read and pass, so people with better legal understanding can digest and apply in their matrimonial decisions.

What you want to hear (No, nothing is wrong with sex) is not my business. My business is saying what I hold to be true. The thread is not about your preconceived ideas alone, but what individuals believe to be true. I don't lick arse for a living, I hope you understand?
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by FKMagazine(m): 3:05pm On Apr 19, 2018
What did he achieve as minister?

John Kayode Fayemi was just 45 when he became Executive governor of Ekiti state via the declaration of the court after a long legal tussle with the PDP governor, Segun Oni and I can vividly remember how much goodwill he had coming in. There was celebration in the streets as citizens and residents of Ekiti thought they had a messiah but they were wrong.

Misplaced priorities, wrong politics and bad policies was what the citizens endured in his 4 years as governor. Everything he said during the campaigns were not followed, under him, the school fees of the state owned Ekiti state university was almost doubled, under him crime rose as and while he had money flowing in from the federal purse, he did not do much with it. What are his achievements when he was governor? What development did he bring to Ekiti? Ekiti residents suffer lack of water in the dry season, what did he do to fight this? What did he do to education and health sectors? All these are there as even he or his cronies cannot point to his achievement yet he was appoint minister which we can also say his achievements were at best, laughable.

What did he achieve as minister? What are his records, why does he think he can do better as governor than the last time which was so poor that the entire local government (including his) voted him out completely yet he came back to say he is now “Sha Pran Pran”. I was expecting him to list what he will do better than Governor Fayose at his campaigns but no, it was all rhetoric and all sort of political jargons.

What did Fayemi forget in the government house which he built with billions knowing that millions of Ekiti residents did not have water? Why didn’t he use his first 4 years to show what he is worth? Why not use his time as a minister to show the world that Ekiti made a mistake by voting him out? Now he is saying his party will use everything to win the election, he should go back to Abuja or the classroom as he is not the type of governor we need in ekiti.

Tope writes from Iyin Ekiti

http://thepunditng.com/kayode-fayemi-want-governor
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 3:30pm On Apr 19, 2018
Acidosis:

No dear, the only person with a comprehension problem is you.

In my first response, I already answered your question, but you have consistently choose to argue what is obviously beyond your level;

v v

Other epistles about the types of marriage in Nigeria aren't meant for people with extremely low comprehension levels. Since you fall in that category, just read and pass, so people with better legal understanding can digest and apply in their matrimonial decisions.

What you want to hear (No, nothing is wrong with sex) is not my business. My business is saying what I hold to be true. The thread is not about your preconceived ideas alone, but what individuals believe to be true. I don't lick arse for a living, I hope you understand?
It took you forever to reply my quote even though your profile activities suggested you've been online all the while.

And I thought your reply would be worthy of the wait. 
You're disappointing and shamelessly cheap.
You lack the necessary intelligence to call me out as your submission was clearly non-intelligent and constitutes emotional over-flow.
bye .
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 3:35pm On Apr 19, 2018
lefulefu:
anglican,catholic,living faith,believers love world...a can't expect such from their clerics. They have laid down rules.its the mushroom churches that act as such.

believers love world grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 19, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

believers love world grin
as in Christ embassy naucheesy. They don't influence on ur choice of partner or use any of those 419 visions to misled would be couplescheesy.except maybe if dem don change.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 19, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:
I'm just confused.
is there anything wrong in having sex after traditional marriage?
The weird thing is some people especially ladies usually say stuffs like; wait till after wedding, honeymoon.

so is the traditional marriage not a marriage?
if you think it's useless why did you agree to traditional marriage in the first place?

After spending a lot of money in paying for bride price and the marriage ,you still refuse to have sex.
If you were to be in that man's shoes, won't you leave?

Some ladies also forget that wedding is supposed to be footed by the parents of the bride, when Africans want to copy things they only copy the part they think is favourable to them and leave the other part.
Just as the wedding system was copied, in the countries it was copied from the parents of the bride foot the wedding but in Africa the man is expected to foot the traditional marriage and the wedding, isn't that insane?

to my question; what's Wrong with sex after traditional marriage??

Technically, In Christianity, African Traditional marriage is invalid. grin.

""wedding is supposed to be footed by the parents of the bride""

And in which country did u see this one
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 19, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

I wonder for them
how has culture benefited u as a person
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Precious111(f): 4:18pm On Apr 19, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

and which Bible said couples can't have sex without doing wedding?
is traditional marriage not recognized in the same Bible?

Can you plz read my message well where I said Traditional wedding is the marriage itself
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 4:27pm On Apr 19, 2018
Precious111:

Can you plz read my message well where I said Traditional wedding is the marriage itself

whatever rocks your boat

hi cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 4:28pm On Apr 19, 2018
funmisticqueen:
how has culture benefited u as a person

I don't understand what you're trying to say but if you think African culture is useless, then make sure your parents don't take bride price and don't do traditional marriage. just go on with your wedding

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 4:30pm On Apr 19, 2018
lefulefu:
as in Christ embassy naucheesy. They don't influence on ur choice of partner or use any of those 419 visions to misled would be couplescheesy.except maybe if dem don change.

Is Christ embassy still existing? grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Precious111(f): 4:34pm On Apr 19, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

whatever rocks your boat

hi cheesy

Hello wink wink
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by uruego(f): 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2018
In Nigeria, you have two types of marriages: The customary/Islamic marriage and the Statutory/church marriage. You are free to choose anyone you want to celebrate and still be deemed married. You can even choose to do two and for most churches that aren’t registered for marriages, you can do three (customary wedding, church wedding and statutory wedding). However, for any one you elect, for that one to be deemed valid and properly done, you must adhere to the rules and principles of that particular election.

So if you choose to do traditional and statutory marriage (marriage registry popularly known as court marriage), you can have sex before the registry wedding because no to sex or virginity isn’t a prerequisite for the joining. Remember that traditionally, no sex and virginity before marriage are prerequisites. It’s just that nobody investigates about to Wed couples again and that particular value and virtue has been dropped off our customs. However, for statutory marriage, no such prerequisite is required.

Under customs, you can’t pay bride price on a pregnant woman although you can present all the other gift items. You suspend the paying of the bride price until the lady has given birth.

Okay, what if you choose to do the customary and

church weddings? Then you have to follow the rules of the particular church denomination. Does the church agree that you can have sex before a church wedding even after a customary wedding? I don’t know any church that agrees to that in Nigeria. They may not forbid the marriage if you guys have already started having sex before the church wedding. They only however to not approve of it.

Now, having sex after your customary marriage but before your marriage registry is not sin, but when it is before your church wedding, and it violates the marriage rules and principles of your church, then it becomes wrong. He that knows what is write but fails to do it, to that man, James said, it is sin.

Jesus and Paul did many things in Bible days not because that if they didn’t do them it would have been sin but because If they did it, they would have wronged and offended religious laws. So although Paul said circumcision wasn’t necessary, in taking his protigees to Jerusalem, he circumcised them so that the Jews won’t pick an offence against him.

Jesus having condemned the Pharisees and Sadducees for duplicating and multiplicating the laws told his listeners to obey what the Pharisees said because they were the custodians to the law but that they shouldn’t do what the Pharisees did. So the bottom line of all I have said is that if you choose to do a church wedding and not a church blessing, then follow the rules of that church regarding church weddings. Shikenna

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 19, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

Is Christ embassy still existing? grin
well its still surviving after the :Dwife of the GO broke up with himcheesy.
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Lalas247(f): 4:58pm On Apr 19, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

ukwu babe, you can have sex whenever you like oh..make your ukwu no go reducegrin
haha you know this had me laughing .... grin love your humour wink
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Lalas247(f): 5:00pm On Apr 19, 2018
lefulefu:
well its still surviving after the :Dwife of the GO broke up with himcheesy.

lol oga Chris

one if my aunts wanted to rape that guy from TV... I'm like are you actually listening to the word or lustibg over this guy

she kept saying how fresh he looked back then...
won't be surprised if he cheats cuz females even here like him wells

is he mixed race?
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 5:28pm On Apr 19, 2018
Lalas247:
haha you know this had me laughing .... grin love your humour wink
don't mention dearie,,,,,, we all love your ukwu grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 5:33pm On Apr 19, 2018
uruego:
In Nigeria, you have two types of marriages: The customary/Islamic marriage and the Statutory/church marriage. You are free to choose anyone you want to celebrate and still be deemed married. You can even choose to do two and for most churches that aren’t registered for marriages, you can do three (customary wedding, church wedding and statutory wedding). However, for any one you elect, for that one to be deemed valid and properly done, you must adhere to the rules and principles of that particular election.

So if you choose to do traditional and statutory marriage (marriage registry popularly known as court marriage), you can have sex before the registry wedding because no to sex or virginity isn’t a prerequisite for the joining. Remember that traditionally, no sex and virginity before marriage are prerequisites. It’s just that nobody investigates about to Wed couples again and that particular value and virtue has been dropped off our customs. However, for statutory marriage, no such prerequisite is required.

Under customs, you can’t pay bride price on a pregnant woman although you can present all the other gift items. You suspend the paying of the bride price until the lady has given birth.

Okay, what if you choose to do the customary and

church weddings? Then you have to follow the rules of the particular church denomination. Does the church agree that you can have sex before a church wedding even after a customary wedding? I don’t know any church that agrees to that in Nigeria. They may not forbid the marriage if you guys have already started having sex before the church wedding. They only however to not approve of it.

Now, having sex after your customary marriage but before your marriage registry is not sin, but when it is before your church wedding, and it violates the marriage rules and principles of your church, then it becomes wrong. He that knows what is write but fails to do it, to that man, James said, it is sin.

Jesus and Paul did many things in Bible days not because that if they didn’t do them it would have been sin but because If they did it, they would have wronged and offended religious laws. So although Paul said circumcision wasn’t necessary, in taking his protigees to Jerusalem, he circumcised them so that the Jews won’t pick an offence against him.

Jesus having condemned the Pharisees and Sadducees for duplicating and multiplicating the laws told his listeners to obey what the Pharisees said because they were the custodians to the law but that they shouldn’t do what the Pharisees did. So the bottom line of all I have said is that if you choose to do a church wedding and not a church blessing, then follow the rules of that church regarding church weddings. Shikenna

long story...
all I want from you is; since you think traditional marriage is useless against your so called wedding then you shouldn't bother about the traditional marriage, your parents shouldn't collect bride price. just go ahead with the wedding

......lemme see if your parents won't disown you and that your stupid pastor
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 19, 2018
Lalas247:

lol oga Chris

one if my aunts wanted to rape that guy from TV... I'm like are you actually listening to the word or lustibg over this guy

is he mixed race?
mixed kecheesy. He's just light skinned. He's from irrua in edo state. Na Ishan mancheesy.. My kinsman. Many ladies will say they don't trust esan men.in short some will say if u see snake and u see ishan man its better u use d stick u holding on the ishan man than the snakecheesy. Na so e becheesy.Thegeneralqueen u know anything about ishan guys or na jus edo guys u knowcheesy.
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by zexy2030(m): 5:45pm On Apr 19, 2018
There is no place in the bible where white wedding was conducted. You can take her home after tradition for hot I mean hot sex and moon Honey grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 19, 2018
Lalas247:

lol oga Chris

is he mixed race?
ur aunt must love lightskinned guyscheesy. Anyway na lagos girls no wan jus give pastor Chris breathing space. He feel into temptation. I guess he was seduced by one fat yoruba ukwucheesy. Anyway na im Bleep up. As a married man its wise any trip u go u must carry ur wife with you. If dem jezebels and slayqueens see u with ur wife,fear no go let dem attempt anything. A man will fall weda pastor or not...but as long as ur wife is dere with u at least na ur wife u go hold na. Even if u travel for a short time if it needs it and ur wife no dey wit u den u can hold body. But a situation ur wife is permanently in d UK and u are in lagos ..hmm e get as e be oo.
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by steveDpro: 5:54pm On Apr 19, 2018
sad
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Acidosis(m): 6:02pm On Apr 19, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

long story...
all I want from you is; since you think traditional marriage is useless against your so called wedding then you shouldn't bother about the traditional marriage, your parents shouldn't collect bride price. just go ahead with the wedding

......lemme see if your parents won't disown you and that your stupid pastor

A girl like you is trying to lecture you on what your elementary teachers failed to teach you in your social studies and best you could do is insult her and her pastor.

I bet you're less than 14. My only regret today is giving too much attention to your thread, you are too young to use the Internet kiddo, too young to talk about marriage or sex.
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Lalas247(f): 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2018
lefulefu:
ur aunt must love lightskinned guyscheesy. Anyway na lagos girls no wan jus give pastor Chris breathing space. He feel into temptation. I guess he was seduced by one fat yoruba ukwucheesy. Anyway na im Bleep up. As a married man its wise any trip u go u must carry ur wife with you. If dem jezebels and slayqueens see u with ur wife,fear no go let dem attempt anything. A man will fall weda pastor or not...but as long as ur wife is dere with u at least na ur wife u go hold na. Even if u travel for a short time if it needs it and ur wife no dey wit u den u can hold body. But a situation ur wife is permanently in d UK and u are in lagos ..hmm e get as e be oo.

and he is a pastor sad
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by David160(m): 6:08pm On Apr 19, 2018
Everything is wrong with it
Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 19, 2018
Lalas247:

and he is a pastor sad
but pastors have feelings na. They can Still cheat just like ordinary men. And some of dese goodlooking pastors ..hmm women no dey let dem rest. Every minute and second na pastor pray for me cheesy. Counselling and prayer rooms tinzs dey happen. A pastor might be casting and binding d spirit in d woman and d woman go dey form demon dance dey shout and scream while pulling off her bra and dangling her boobi at d pastor's face. If d pastor no strong he fit fall. Dis is why most times now d pastors dey insist during counselling and prayer d door must be open or other ppl must be presentcheesy.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 6:17pm On Apr 19, 2018
Acidosis:

A girl like you is trying to lecture you on what your elementary teachers failed to teach you in your social studies and best you could do is insult her and her pastor.

I bet you're less than 14. My only regret today is giving too much attention to your thread, you are too young to use the Internet kiddo, too young to talk about marriage or sex.

trust me dude, you're trying too hard to get my attention. I wasn't referring to you but your stupidity couldn't allow you to stay without quoting me.
Everybody has rights to their own opinions because I said mine doesn't mean you should quote me and say trash.
if I'm below 14 then what should you be? I'm tired of seeing senseless people like you who try to enforce their opinions on people.
it's like I'd start ignoring every guy in this section except lefulefu, luminous and dead rat because you guys are dumb.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Was Shocked After Meeting ‘fine Boy’ I Met Online For The First Time / I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. / Nollywood Softwork: See Nigerian Actresses Act With Naked Boobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.