Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,164 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:22 AM

My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures (1966 Views)

My Visit To Ikogosi Cold And Warm Water Spring(with Pictures) / Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April / Ethiopian Airline Lands Latest Boeing 787-9 In Abuja With 177 Passengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by ecruz01: 3:24am On Apr 19, 2018
After serving the good people of kaduna State for a yr. I decided to unwind by taking a tour of Northern states from Kaduna to my Base. First phase was get a train headed to Abuja for a weekend of catch-up and Fun.
So I got a Bike from Barkin Ruwa to Rigasa which I must say made the prospect of the entire journney really dull, crazy muddy road that at some point I began to doubt If I hadn't lost my way, no signposts no indications, terrible road network with several bumps ( I nearly broke into two on Bike )..after several minutes later we ended up at the Rigasa train station. Turns out I was late the 2pm train had left , hence I had to wait for the last train at 6pm.

Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by ecruz01: 3:27am On Apr 19, 2018
Few minutes to 5pm a train from Abuja arrived. Had to know what am getting into so I looked around then I got the shocker of my life!!! The train actually  reverses!!! Wonder shall never end!!.
Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by ecruz01: 3:31am On Apr 19, 2018
1.Train offloading passengers
2.Train Making a reverse.

Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by pussyeater(m): 3:38am On Apr 19, 2018
Shop for rent grin
Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by ecruz01: 3:43am On Apr 19, 2018
Then came the  time to board. We presented our tickets. Those with heavy luggage were weighed then we proceeded to the coach.
1. Ticket Queue
2. Ticket

Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by ecruz01: 3:47am On Apr 19, 2018
We had to go through the boarding room for proper checks and weighing before proceeding to the coaches.
1. Entrance to Boarding
2. Coaches

Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by ecruz01: 3:49am On Apr 19, 2018
More of pictures of the coaches

Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by ipobarecriminals: 3:50am On Apr 19, 2018
cool God bless Nig

1 Like

Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by ecruz01: 3:51am On Apr 19, 2018
My ticket was specified sp4 so I had to find a coach sp004 and make my grand entrance.

Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by dafeyankee: 3:53am On Apr 19, 2018
Clean train station.
Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by ecruz01: 3:54am On Apr 19, 2018
Then came the real deal, Inside the Train coaches was wow!!!, Real  comfy seats, air conditioned coaches,plus you get to meet pple (I sure took advantage of this). And way better than most Nigeria airports. In the executive class(there was a mini bar where you could get refreshments.

Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by alatbaba1(m): 3:57am On Apr 19, 2018
haha. d story don end b dat
Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by ecruz01: 3:57am On Apr 19, 2018
At this point , I have to say the train service is underhyped, grossly underhyped I mean with the quality of facilties in place more people should use the  Train service . The facilities were mostly new and looked well maintained; Toilets(I was tempted to take a picture), waiting room,  boarding room. Not the usual Nigerian environment,proper security, No push me I push you, no wuru wuru, and really polite and eager to help officials .Just get your tickets wait and board. Chikena!!!
Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by ecruz01: 4:04am On Apr 19, 2018
1.waiting room
2. TOILET SELFIE in the Male bathroom
With
3. The Walkway

Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by ecruz01: 4:08am On Apr 19, 2018
By the way Hon Minister for transport wasn't Lying the train is mostly for posh folks (saw many white folks here) was even expecting to bump into someone very important like Bubu, lai mohammed or maybe even Mummy Aisha.
BTW. ..ministry of transport take note . Am officially your Train Ambassador. ..please who knows what a train driver is called?
Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by Slimszy: 4:09am On Apr 19, 2018
ecruz01:
 Then came the  time to board. We presented our tickets. Those with heavy luggage were weighed then we proceeded to the coach.
1. Ticket Queue
2. Ticket

1.5k, Kaduna to Abuja... I think its expensive for a train. Btw, how long did it take you to get to Abuja from Kaduna? Do you have an idea if Abuja to Lagos is functioning too

1 Like

Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by ecruz01: 4:10am On Apr 19, 2018
pussyeater:
Shop for rent grin
Don't show your madness here
Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by ecruz01: 4:12am On Apr 19, 2018
Slimszy:

1.5k, Kaduna to Abuja... I think its expensive for a train. Btw, how long did it take you to get to Abuja from Kaduna? Do you have an idea if Abuja to Lagos is functioning too
1.3k for 2nd journey. ..The luxury it comes with is worth it..1hour 30 minutes smooth ride...naah I don't this was Rigasa to Kubwa- Idu Terminal.
Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by ecruz01: 4:13am On Apr 19, 2018
alatbaba1:
haha. d story don end b dat
Baba story continues
Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by ecruz01: 4:14am On Apr 19, 2018
dafeyankee:
Clean train station.
Most def bro
Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by ecruz01: 4:14am On Apr 19, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
cool God bless Nig
You can say that again! !
Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by SKhanmi: 8:31am On Apr 19, 2018
ecruz01:
At this point , I have to say the train service is underhyped, grossly underhyped I mean with the quality of facilties in place more people should use the  Train service . The facilities were mostly new and looked well maintained; Toilets(I was tempted to take a picture), waiting room,  boarding room. Not the usual Nigerian environment,proper security, No push me I push you, no wuru wuru, and really polite and eager to help officials .Just get your tickets wait and board. Chikena!!!

Underhyped? only in the north. Please come & try Lagos, Just lagos trains only

1 Like

Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by ecruz01: 8:59am On Apr 19, 2018
SKhanmi:

Underhyped? only in the north. Please come & try Lagos, Just lagos trains only

Naaah am good with this. But you could tell me about it let me be prepeared#TrainAmbassador
Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by SKhanmi: 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2018
ecruz01:

Naaah am good with this. But you could tell me about it let me be prepeared#TrainAmbassador

Just the opposite of what you've experienced. Chaotic would better describe the situation

1 Like

Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by ecruz01: 2:40pm On Apr 19, 2018
SKhanmi:

Just the opposite of what you've experienced. Chaotic would better describe the situation
I guess it's due to excessive patronage as Rigasa is underpatronised.

1 Like

Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by Saxxone17: 6:36pm On Apr 19, 2018
Wow. Did not expect this. Goodluck Jonathan definitely changed the entire nation. Gotta get my PVC. Had enough of "change"
Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by ecruz01: 10:18pm On Apr 19, 2018
Saxxone17:
Wow. Did not expect this. Goodluck Jonathan definitely changed the entire nation. Gotta get my PVC. Had enough of "change"
You're entitled to an opinion. That's yours
Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by laudate: 12:31am On Apr 20, 2018
SKhanmi:

Is 'chaotic' another word for dirty, disorganised madness?
Re: My Train Story ( Kaduna To Abuja) With Pictures by ecruz01: 8:20am On Apr 20, 2018
laudate:

Is 'chaotic' another word for dirty, disorganised madness?
I guess it's different strokes

(1) (Reply)

Any Nigerian In Israel / Traveling To Switzerland, Visa Process N Stuffs. Help / Breaking: DanaAir Plane Crash Lands In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.