Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment (46390 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Shoe Shining Empowerment In Borno / Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment / Ben Bruce Reacts To Atiku's Return To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by GodOfAction: 8:03am On Apr 19, 2018
Taking to Twitter, Senator Ben Murray Bruce has reacted to President Buhari saying Nigerian youths are lazy and want oil money.

he wrote “Whoever says Nigerian youths are lazy should just buy a mirror and he or she will see the real definition of laziness! I have over 1000 Nigerian youths in my employ and not one of them is lazy”

President Buhari had said many Nigerian youths hate hardwork, waiting to get free oil money.

He said this while speaking at the Commonwealth Business Forum in Westminster on Wednesday.

He stressed that a lot of them have not been to school and they want everything free.

“About the economy, we have a very young population, our population is estimated conservatively to be 180 million. This is a very conservative one,” Buhari said.

“More than 60 percent of the population is below 30, a lot of them haven’t been to school and they are claiming that Nigeria is an oil producing country, therefore, they should sit and do nothing, and get housing, healthcare, education free.”

The president said he has done well on the three cardinal points of his campaign, including economy and security.

“Recently, my minister for information was constrained to answer a question on people accusing this administration of doing nothing, he said ‘let Nigerians be reminded what position we were before May 2015, what condition we are now, and what we have achieved between then and now and I think people were impressed with the answer.

“For security, we have done quite well. Economy, we are doing very well, especially with agriculture; we are providing soft loans…”

Source: http://dailyleakblog.com/2018/04/19/ben-bruce-reacts-to-president-buhari-saying-nigerians-are-lazy-and-depend-on-oil-money/

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by 6660M0666: 8:06am On Apr 19, 2018
“For security, we have done quite well. Economy, we are doing very well, especially with agriculture; we are providing soft loans…”

Fulani Herdsmen have been killing people with reckless abandon for over a year, leaving people in a state of perpetual mourning. Yet our security agencies have done nothing to stymie this flood of barbarism...and Buhari claims to have done well in terms of security!

He's doing VERY well in terms of the Economy??... The last time I checked our Economy is in OMNISHAMBLES. Sometimes I even wonder whether we have Economic teams in the country.

The clueless Lord of the Cattle even had the effrontery to refer to Agriculture as major point of success in the economy. The same Agriculture that his brethren and their infernal herds of cattle have almost rendered impossible to practice with their brazen invasion of farmlands.

This Man opens his mouth and all doubts concerning his state of mind, his intelligence or lack thereof, is eliminated.

257 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by dodelight(m): 8:19am On Apr 19, 2018
We have a failed President who is just hanging on any available straw to escape drowning. Yet he will drown. Only a foolish leader would say that about his country.

202 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by ja2ken(m): 8:20am On Apr 19, 2018
buhari is dumb, but his supporters are dumber...

176 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by laudate: 8:20am On Apr 19, 2018
6660M0666:

Soft loans? shocked Who did they provide those soft loans, to? Ghosts or aliens??

117 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by marveangel(m): 8:22am On Apr 19, 2018
This statmenet is heart breaking

44 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by ClintonEmex: 8:25am On Apr 19, 2018
Buhari is telling people that put him in power. Nigerian youths seriously need to wake up, these old men that are in stronghold of our political affairs no longer take the youths serious. And how would they take them serious when all they are after and interested in is women, bbnaija, following and replying celebrities on twitter, cultism, smoking, betting and all the rest of them. We no longer have the likes of Yakubu Gowon and Odumegwu Ojukwu in this generation. Some of them are now blindly supporting these old folks as the election is getting closer, forgetting that these old men will dump them immediately the election is over. They loot your money and treasures, send their children to the best schools abroad while you stay here suffering and smiling.

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by deedy111: 8:28am On Apr 19, 2018
B
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by dodelight(m): 8:34am On Apr 19, 2018
dodelight:
We have a failed President who is just hanging on any available straw to escape drowning. Yet he will drown. Only a foolish leader would say that about his country.

This is a typically failed president!
Don't be surprised guys, whenever Buhari jets out of this country and speaks, that is the real Buhari. The Buhari that we usually have speak in Nigeria is the one whose foulness has been covered with deodorants of presidential aides.

Our duty is to massively vote out this failed and barbaric government!

God Bless Nigeria.

129 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by obyback: 8:39am On Apr 19, 2018
Coming from the president that took 6 month to announce his cabinet. I hope the youths are ready to show this failure otherwise in 2019.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by judedave181: 8:44am On Apr 19, 2018
Buhari must be suffering from brain tumour.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by GodOfAction: 9:35am On Apr 19, 2018
lol
obyback:
Coming from the president that took 6 month to announce his cabinet. I hope the youths are ready to show this failure otherwise in 2019.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 19, 2018
How did we even elect this man? I'm so appalled right now, really am.
angry angry angry

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by enlady(f): 9:46am On Apr 19, 2018
I am yet to fathom the reason why any sane Nigerian youth believes in the Buhari ideology. This man has no charisma or emotional intelligence. How can the president of a country go abroad to de-market its youth like this? Every opportunity the president has to speak abroad should be used to sell Nigeria to the outside world. How can Buhari (and APC) keep labeling all Nigerians as looters/incompetent/fraudsters and expect foreign direct investment? Who will invest in Nigeria after listening to such a speech?
I can never believe in the Buhari ideology. It is too archaic,mundane and retrogressive. More difficult to understand are his die hard followers.

130 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by laudate: 9:49am On Apr 19, 2018
enlady:
am yet to fathom the reason why any sane Nigerian youth believes in the Buhari ideology. This man has no charisma or emotional intelligence. How can the president of a country go abroad to de-market its youth like this? Every opportunity the president has to speak abroad should be used to sell Nigeria to the outside world. How can Buhari (and APC) keep labeling all Nigerians as looters/incompetent/fraudsters and expect foreign direct investment? Who will invest in Nigeria after listening to such a speech?
I can never believe in the Buhari ideology. It is too archaic,mundane and retrogressive. More difficult to understand are his die hard followers.

Hmmmn....! This is deep. undecided

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by ofeshe(m): 10:00am On Apr 19, 2018
....and some mumu youths will still come and campaign for this brain dead homo sapien for second tenure

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by sowore2019: 10:10am On Apr 19, 2018
#Takeitback

They bastardized our educational sector and still turned around to blame us, who are victims of their wrong decision of being lazy.
What has President Buhari achieved in the educational sector? Nothing, they want the youths to return to the farm with providing motivations or incentives.
The wanted to frustrate the youths making a living via Blogging, Fiverr and other freelance website by gagging the Social media and forcing telcos to increase the cost of data.

We are taking over soon, I enjoined all youths to support the candidacy of Omoyele Sowore to #Takeitback

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 19, 2018
enlady:
I am yet to fathom the reason why any sane Nigerian youth believes in the Buhari ideology. This man has no charisma or emotional intelligence. How can the president of a country go abroad to de-market its youth like this? Every opportunity the president has to speak abroad should be used to sell Nigeria to the outside world. How can Buhari (and APC) keep labeling all Nigerians as looters/incompetent/fraudsters and expect foreign direct investment? Who will invest in Nigeria after listening to such a speech?
most of buhari's votes are based on religious sentiment. Na real zombie

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by GodOfAction: 11:03am On Apr 19, 2018
word
obyback:

6 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by MistadeRegal(m): 11:10am On Apr 19, 2018
Nigerians ain't lazy. His son is. And his son isn't 'NIGERIANS'.
I think it's high time we stop this man from going to foreign meetings and destroying our reputation as Nigerians. The first time, he said we are fantastically corrupt, but his son was busy buying and storing ₦56M motorbikes but we are the ones corrupt. The second time, he said our First Lady is meant only for the 'OTHER ROOM' which is a 'NATIONAL DISGRACE' to us as Nigerians. This time now he says we are lazy and wants all things free! Meanwhile, go to Mile 12 Market, go to anywhere and see the so called lazy Nigerian youths in extreme labor like those in prison wards just to survive a day. Now Mr President, we as Nigerian Youths demand an apology for this. And if he refuses to apologize, it's time he have enough of the foreign meetings to embarrass us as Nigerians. #GetyourPVC.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by sweetrace(f): 12:23pm On Apr 19, 2018
All these politicians trying to tell the public what they want to hear. Nigerian youths are extremely lazy. Silverbird owned by Bruce is a perfect example of their laziness. I haven't been to a cinema with toilets as dirty as the ones in the galleria. You can smell the toilets from the corridor. Meanwhile a number of youths are employed to keep these clean. Youths who are most often gisting.

Yahoo boys�� slay queens and kings��blackmailers are all examples of laziness. There are no jobs is the usual cry. But the truth is that there are so many jobs. Our slay queens and kings just think these jobs are beneath them. They want instafame and instamoney.

Our slay kings won't work on farms. Their grandfathers have land in the village that is overrun by weeds simply because no one will touch them. Farming isn't a white collar job.

They pile up in one room in Lagos looking for one dubious opportunity that will require NO effort.

They are respectful when they smell
money. They spend the day grumbling and mocking. Our kings and queens o�� kindly create jobs o. They refuse. They have first degrees. Some not all. They forget that a degree is supposed to open your mind. As in change the quality of your mind. Make it better so that you can be a responsible and productive member of society.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by obonujoker(m): 12:28pm On Apr 19, 2018
sweetrace:
All these politicians trying to tell the public what they want to hear. Nigerian youths are extremely lazy. Silverbird owned by Bruce is a perfect example of their laziness. I haven't been to a cinema with toilets as dirty as the ones in the galleria. You can smell the toilets from the corridor. Meanwhile a number of youths are employed to keep these clean. Youths who are most often gisting.

Yahoo boys�� slay queens and kings��blackmailers are all examples of laziness. There are no jobs is the usual cry. But the truth is that there are so many jobs. Our slay queens and kings just think these jobs are beneath them. They want instafame and instamoney.

Our slay kings won't work on farms. Their grandfathers have land in the village that is overrun by weeds simply because no one will touch them. Farming isn't a white collar job.

They pile up in one room in Lagos looking for one dubious opportunity that will require NO effort.

They are respectful when they smell
money. They spend the day grumbling and mocking. Our kings and queens o�� kindly create jobs o. They refuse. They have first degrees. Some not all. They forget that a degree is supposed to open your mind. As in change the quality of your mind. Make it better so that you can be a responsible and productive member of society.

I don't blame you... all we know is Buhari back to daura 2019....

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by MaziOmenuko: 12:30pm On Apr 19, 2018
marveangel:
This statmenet is heart breaking

More heartbreaking was that it was voiced out in the presence of foreigners who came together with the prospect of investing in the country.
He opens his mouth to speak trash even when nobody asked any question as regards the state of the Nigerian youth. It seems that whenever he has an audience of foreigners, his emotional intelligence reduces to zero. Such as blasphemy against the Nigerian youth should have stired an uproar right now but here we are, hitting our keyboards and touchscreens with venom.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by sweetrace(f): 12:37pm On Apr 19, 2018
obonujoker:

I don't blame you... all we know is Buhari back to daura 2019....

That's okay by me. I have never campaigned do Buhari. I don't think he has the capacity the rule this country. However what he said about the youth is the plain truth. Let's stop being sentimental. When you accept that there's a problem only then can you seek a solution.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by obonujoker(m): 12:38pm On Apr 19, 2018
sweetrace:

That's okay by me. I have never campaigned do Buhari. I don't think he has the capacity the rule this country. However what he said about the youth is the plain truth. Let's stop being sentimental. When you accept that there's a problem only then can you seek a solution.

Are all fingers equal?? is Nigeria the only country in the world where such abounds?? What awareness has the government done to correct such??

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:07pm On Apr 19, 2018
are you people sure it was buhari that made such statement...cos I dnt understand someone who could not finish his secondary education to join the army just because it was free n easy then for the northerners only for him to come out now to say the youths are lazy....hv he created any job n the youth decline? peace corp jobs, he decline to sign so why is pot calling kettle black?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by obyback: 1:07pm On Apr 19, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

More heartbreaking was that it was voiced out in the presence of foreigners who came together with the prospect of investing in the country.
He opens his mouth to speak trash even when nobody asked any question as regards the state of the Nigerian youth. It seems that whenever he has an audience of foreigners, his emotional intelligence reduces to zero. Such as blasphemy against the Nigerian youth should have stired an uproar right now but here we are, hitting our keyboards and touchscreens with venom.
Sad truth

7 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by Brunosamel(m): 2:14pm On Apr 19, 2018
Bubu have illiteracy of the highest order for saying that nonsense

7 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by Dreynat: 2:17pm On Apr 19, 2018
sweetrace:

You call that "plain truth"? Do you even know what the truth means? You're supporting what he said and confirming its the "plain truth"... Madam until you have correct facts, don't be swept away. Please, let's all do well to get our PVC no matter the rigor. I think four years is enough to effect any change. We all see what's happening in our country. As youths we can still make this country great.

12 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by BreezyCB(m): 2:29pm On Apr 19, 2018
Dear Mr President, I may not have a job at the moment but still, you don’t have the right to call me lazy.

At least, after eating, I wash my plates... I’m sure your son doesn’t do that �

36 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by Igba123: 2:29pm On Apr 19, 2018
I see some saying buhari said d plain truth and I feel like slapping everybody around me. I First asked myself whether I'll agree if another person other dan buhari said it and my answer is no. So it is not my hatred for buhari as some ppl will say.
Now what is plain truth? Dat most nigerian youths have not gone to school? Or, dat they say nigeria is producing oil therefore nigeria should provide free healthcare, house, education, etc? Or dat they are lazily waiting for govt? Which one of these is plain truth? I weep for a country of hypocrits.

5 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment by Mabpaine(m): 2:29pm On Apr 19, 2018
Come to think of it, the bastard used theyouths to campaign ooo. Yea youths ar definitely lazy na why the bastard n his likes use them do protest for 3days @ gani fawehimi park @ ojota. Bastard said blood will flow when he lost election,nobody arrested him for hate speech buh tell him d truth abt hw incompetent he is, na hate speech. Waitin 4 Lauretta Oloshi to coman defend Him o. Both APC n PDP shld bounce. #fresh-ideas needed. Many Adjectives that describes him perfectly well; Old,Hagard,Pathetic,Illiterate,Foolish,Clueless, pls add urs

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Dankwambo Tweets Davido On PVC - Nigerians React / Susan Rice Made The Poisoned Tea And Served Abiola – FFK / Giant Tilapias, Huge Cows, Rice Pyramid & Others Shown To Osinbajo In Kebbi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.