Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,917 members, 7,802,983 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech (53833 Views)

The Person Who Leaked Buhari’s Speech Caught - Femi Adesina / Lagos-Benin Expressway: Buhari Vs. Jonathan, Who Did It Better? / Full Transcript Of Goodluck Jonathan's Speech At PDP Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by lycannightwolf: 9:28pm On Apr 19, 2018
muykem:
Buhari is absolutely correct and sincere. We need to change our mentality and improve ourselves. You all know the truth, how many of you wrote WAEC, GCE, UME on your own?

I wrote my WAEC on my own... but how does your stupid comment relates to this post? zombie

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:29pm On Apr 19, 2018
mank1234:

You're actually misinforming people in your attempt.

no you are

You make it sound as if working in factory, engaging in trade, going to school to study are all bad endeavour asides farming.

they are bad where we do not have electricity to support them so they will never work until we solve elctricity issue

That farming is the major employer of labour in your territory doesn't mean everyone should adopt it elsewhere.
you prefer the youth starve
it is also our comparative advantage
also we can save money to build industrial parks that will now support other professions
you caannot build without foundation
agric is our foundation no matter how unsexy it is

Here in the south we have farmers, traders, factory owners and workers; we have people who engage in different work.
we don't have farmers we have gardeners and laborers
factories are low productivity cos of high energy cost so they are crashing daily

People naturally would prefer to work in oil company cos that's the highest paying job.

oil companies can only employ 60,000 out of millions
why wud non lazy person play those odds

I'm sure even you would jump at such opportunity.

as i no get the opportunity did i not move to plan b

There was a time people preferred public service to oil companies in Nigeria (in the late 70s to be precise). There's tendency for people to prefer trade that pays the highest. That doesn't make mean they're lazy.
yes it does when the cahnces are so low and they can see society crumbling around them

You and your president think Nigerians are lazy because of your experience with beggers on the streets.

nigerian youth are beggars

Coincidentally, these are your brothers who abandoned farming for the more paying begging.
why won't they abandon it when you the engineers and agroscientist can't arrange for simple tractor.all buying houses in lekki waiting for oil money to fix economy.who do you think will be massacred first wen all hell is let loose.keep waiting for govt you hear
Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:30pm On Apr 19, 2018
Tchiman:
Nigeria youths are indeed very lazy. All they do is to ride expensive power bike and get themselves injured around gwarimpa Abuja and they will be taken to London for treatment after some months, minister of Health and a state governor will welcome them back in airport.

My PVC is very important to me now than before.
what is the difference btw him and a million others who do same.you are there comparing youself to billioaire pikin
Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by Richardpossible: 9:34pm On Apr 19, 2018
muykem:
Buhari is absolutely correct and sincere. We need to change our mentality and improve ourselves. You all know the truth, how many of you wrote WAEC, GCE, UME on your own?
u re a fool...did ur buhari wrote his waec himself..dt is if he has any

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:37pm On Apr 19, 2018
mank1234:
@mikolo80

UK pays unemployment benefits to its citizens does it mean that those unemployed people are lazy?

yes
is the same with blacks in america
laziness enslaves

Talking about farming, are you aware that they are so many Nigerians without a land title to their name?
thats a lie
everyone has family land in the VILLAGE unless they sold it.(still part of the laziness)

Does the FG which cries of how low oil price caused deflation has a locus standi to blame it's youth on depending on that same commodity?
so you rather trade blame for next 57 years(laziness loading) when you can solve it in 10yrs of dedicated hardwork

Can an FG that cannot run a single public enterprise truly blame it's citizen for their inability to create one?

they offered to sell the enterprises the youth say no they want to get their own chance to loot oil money(refineries,cement,ajaokuta)

Even if the assertion that Nigerians are lazy were to be true, which man washes his dirty linen in public?

the one that is serious about cleaning the augean stable.
shey you know hiding is wher child molesters and rapists take cover

The many times I've heard that statements that Nigerians are lazy, it has always come from politicians. And I won't be surprised if you're not one or close to one.

i wish

Because they are freeloaders they always think everyone else is.
no youth are freeloaders who collect rice and such and laugh at whoever doesn't loot
Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by Kennydoc(m): 9:52pm On Apr 19, 2018
mikolo80:
they have nigerian slaves to do the work so no need
who do you have?

Well, you're kinda wrong.

First, there are more Asians especially Indians and Pakistanis in the UK than Nigerians.

Secondly, the immigrants are not necessarily slaves. Most of them are highly skilled workers, and are taking up most of the major jobs. In many hospitals for example, you have a lot of Asians as consultants but the cleaners, chefs, porters are mostly British. Of course there are still many British doctors and nurses.
Many of those Asians are buying up properties in the UK such that in the next 20 years, there may be as many immigrants who own houses as there are British people.

Thirdly, their system is extremely dependent on immigrants that if all immigrants are forced to leave, their health system will collapse.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by HalimaSadiya(f): 9:56pm On Apr 19, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Buhari is the laziest free loading idiot in our history , a man thatvhas never created anything innovative and has only survived due to his access to free oil since he joined the Army unqualified
I didn't want to comment but this is hilarious

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by Realkey(m): 9:58pm On Apr 19, 2018
Some idiots don't realize the president is right by saying Nigerian youths are lazy, exam malpractice is a norm in our country many individuals on this thread are living proofs of that as 7 out of 10 Nigerian youth with a secondary school certificate acquired it by hook or by crook as they exist lots of exam "miracle centres".
Also many Nigerian youth admire "get rich quick schemes" (you all remember MMM), and also adore fraudsters (Yahoo boys) as role models and celebrities, making statements like "hush puppy money long, him hustle OSHA pra pra yahoo dey pay"
Nigeria is one of the countries with the most political apathetic youths, who see voting or political processes as stressful and being in vain, but would come online to say "God punish a president" that they had no influence in the electoral process that brought him to power or the one that would take him out to bring another devil into power...
But oh, we pray, sometimes fast, and probably pay tithes, but should I prove it to you all you have proved the president Buhari points, you claim he is a monster, what have you done about it ? You lazy, sloth, sleepy youths, if you don't think you are lazy see what is going on in Thailand, China, Russia, Taiwan, England where the youth hold their leaders accountable and responsible.
You lazy assholes that have taken up the art of keypad warfare to insult president Buhari, even if the president slapped your lazy ass you would still ask him to "show you love" (beg him for money)
Although in sincerity the president has expressed his sincere views towards Nigerian youths, I however find it disheartening that he has aired our dirty laundry in public for foreign eyes to prey on...
Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:14pm On Apr 19, 2018
Kennydoc:

Well, you're kinda wrong.

no need to concede to ppl who have closed their minds

First, there are more Asians especially Indians and Pakistanis in the UK than Nigerians.

i know but our ppl will jump on that instead of facing the issue on ground

Secondly, the immigrants are not necessarily slaves.

polish a turd its still a turd
you think we happy here
you think we here willingly
na situation poshu us
research how much more we pay into the system than we get out,that's slavery

Most of them are highly skilled workers,

field nigga
house nigga
same noni
pass ur boundary and u will be reminded of your place

and are taking up most of the major jobs.

jobs not ownership

In many hospitals for example, you have a lot of Asians as consultants but the cleaners, chefs, porters are mostly British.

who will live on welfare paid by the foreigners.1 doctor may be subsidising 10 britons.who lose.don't be deceived by the stuff you acquired(house,caretc) none will leave their shores while immigrants country wallows

Of course there are still many British doctors and nurses.

who will be in charge

Many of those Asians are buying up properties in the UK such that in the next 20 years, there may be as many immigrants who own houses as there are British people.

and believe it when i say they will mess it up the way they messed up thier countries while the whitemen will move to new places and build them up and the cycle will continue

Thirdly, their system is extremely dependent on immigrants that if all immigrants are forced to leave, their health system will collapse.
that is why they bring immigrants and you say it's not 'slavery'?
Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by mank1234(m): 10:41pm On Apr 19, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:

no you are

they are bad where we do not have electricity to support them so they will never work until we solve elctricity issue
you prefer the youth starve
it is also our comparative advantage
also we can save money to build industrial parks that will now support other professions
you caannot build without foundation
agric is our foundation no matter how unsexy it is

we don't have farmers we have gardeners and laborers
factories are low productivity cos of high energy cost so they are crashing daily

oil companies can only employ 60,000 out of millions
why wud non lazy person play those odds

as i no get the opportunity did i not move to plan b
yes it does when the cahnces are so low and they can see society crumbling around them

nigerian youth are beggars
why won't they abandon it when you the engineers and agroscientist can't arrange for simple tractor.all buying houses in lekki waiting for oil money to fix economy.who do you think will be massacred first wen all hell is let loose.keep waiting for govt you hear

The last paragraph is so pathetic. So its bad if we buy houses in Lekki out of a percentage of the value we're adding to the economy.

You termed a system that takes care of the unemployed as breeding laziness. Yet it's that system that has ensured that crime rate is minimal.

So in all your summation the government has no duty to its citizens. Keep defending a government that can't even protect your farmland. Wait till herdsmen overrun your farm.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by k9ine(m): 10:58pm On Apr 19, 2018
This is an insult to people like me. Since you and you siblings paid someone to write your exams for you, me, myself and I did not pay someone. I burned the candle for my exams.

muykem:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by mank1234(m): 11:04pm On Apr 19, 2018
Realkey:
Some idiots don't realize the president is right by saying Nigerian youths are lazy, exam malpractice is a norm in our country many individuals on this thread are living proofs of that as 7 out of 10 Nigerian youth with a secondary school certificate acquired it by hook or by crook as they exist lots of exam "miracle centres".
Also many Nigerian youth admire "get rich quick schemes" (you all remember MMM), and also adore fraudsters (Yahoo boys) as role models and celebrities, making statements like "hush puppy money long, him hustle OSHA pra pra yahoo dey pay"
Nigeria is one of the countries with the most political apathetic youths, who see voting or political processes as stressful and being in vain, but would come online to say "God punish a president" that they had no influence in the electoral process that brought him to power or the one that would take him out to bring another devil into power...
But oh, we pray, sometimes fast, and probably pay tithes, but should I prove it to you all you have proved the president Buhari points, you claim he is a monster, what have you done about it ? You lazy, sloth, sleepy youths, if you don't think you are lazy see what is going on in Thailand, China, Russia, Taiwan, England where the youth hold their leaders accountable and responsible.
You lazy assholes that have taken up the art of keypad warfare to insult president Buhari, even if the president slapped your lazy ass you would still ask him to "show you love" (beg him for money)
Although in sincerity the president has expressed his sincere views towards Nigerian youths, I however find it disheartening that he has aired our dirty laundry in public for foreign eyes to prey on...

True. My issue was two fold:
1) The choice of place to make the comment is wrong. He should organise a media chat in Nigeria and tell us that.
2) Most means that more than half are lazy which is not true. If indeed Nigerian youths are lazy, we wouldn't be able to compete with our peers when we leave our shores. So clearly the fault is that of our society which promotes what should be eschewed.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 20, 2018
Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by Nobody: 2:55am On Apr 20, 2018
Some group plagiarized my post here and used it on Facebook. Damn, stop plagiarism.... give due credit to the writer, ME...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by BetaThings: 3:26am On Apr 20, 2018
Mogidi:
Dr Jonathan:

The difference is clear.
One is Dr Jonathan the other is Malam Buhari (of NEPA certificate fame)

Jonathan does not have a Phd
Show us his PhD thesis
and that is a pointer - wants PhD without working for it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by MIKOLOWISKA: 4:16am On Apr 20, 2018
mank1234:

The last paragraph is so pathetic. So its bad if we buy houses in Lekki out of a percentage of the value we're adding to the economy.

imported building materials
how does that add to our economy

You termed a system that takes care of the unemployed as breeding laziness. Yet it's that system that has ensured that crime rate is minimal.

yes they are lazy and will never look for work with free money

So in all your summation the government has no duty to its citizens. Keep defending a government that can't even protect your farmland. Wait till herdsmen overrun your farm.
it has duty it was hired to do(which must be enforced by the voters).although most voters pefer to collect rice so they have been settled
Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by Nobody: 4:45am On Apr 20, 2018
"My people are not lazy but they only have a President who is busy doing nothing and thats the same person that calls them lazy".

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by Splashme: 5:23am On Apr 20, 2018
Mogidi:
Dr Jonathan:

The difference is clear.
One is Dr Jonathan the other is Malam Buhari (of NEPA certificate fame)
Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by rickyrex(m): 9:09am On Apr 20, 2018
[quote author=mikolo80 post=66857260]
nobody wants to work......................if they can get away with it

engage the person or the person shud engage themselves

plenty job on the farm and manufacturing

are they successful or not

and the civil servants are looking like fools the truth is that if we'll checked you have nothing doing?. All I read from your comments is saying same thing in different language. I have two jobs brother, I recieve my pay both pay every month. I also have a private business I earn my money daily. Am not bragging. You don't expect everybody to drive a car, or be a farmer. The world is not designed that way. Because you are carrying bricks and others chose not to do sane doesn't make them lazy. I think you need to understand your environment bros. That statement Nigerian youth are lazy doesn't not make you an exception. You are a Nigerian their for you are lazy too. If you no want make thunder fire you. Don't quote me again.
quote]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 20, 2018
Babacele:
What President Buhari said about the youth is wrong given what his generation has done to us and we shall extract a sincere apology from him for such a thoughtless generalization. Despite that , Buhari is better than Jonathan when we compare their actions which are more eloquent than any political speech. A president who pretended Chibok never happened while kidnappers had enough time to escape ; or who sabotaged national by encouraging the stealing defence budget thereby exposing our young soldiers women ,children and youths to terrorism cannot be said to love the youths: it is a complete hogwash.

self consolations

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:59pm On Apr 20, 2018
rickyrex:
[/quote]
rickyrex post=66869690:
if we'll checked you have nothing doing?.
but you did not check
you assumed(sign of mental laziness

All I read from your comments is saying same thing in different language.

seems you cannot read(educational laziness)

I have two jobs brother,

who e epp

I recieve my pay both pay every month.

i receive mne every week so what is special there

I also have a private business I earn my money daily. Am not bragging

you just did

. You don't expect everybody to drive a car, or be a farmer.

car no
farmer yes

The world is not designed that way.

that you have never seen it does not mean it does not exist(pikin wen neva comot him papa farm na in you be

Because you are carrying bricks and others chose not to do sane doesn't make them lazy.

it is if they have no choice and instead choose worse option of doing nothing and starving in the process

I think you need to understand your environment bros.

i do,it is you that is comparing nigerian environment with oyinbo own

That statement Nigerian youth are lazy doesn't not make you an exception.

can you point to where i said i was not lazy

You are a Nigerian their for you are lazy too.
If you no want make thunder fire you. Don't quote me again.

this is how you know when an individual has no argument
he start trying to hide under superstition
oya bring the thunder lets see who will die bfor weekend if e sure for u.dumbasss
[quote]
Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by hush15: 11:43pm On Apr 20, 2018
Sirjamo:
Those of us who want to work are working, but many others don't want to go to school or work at all, that's the gospel truth unless you want to continue to deceive your self.

whether its truth or lie, he doesnt have the moral right to make such statements because he doesnt feed any nigerian youth excepts his own. rather, its the other way round ad he feeds off the taxes and votes by these youths.he has done nothing for youths

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by SternProphet: 11:49pm On Apr 20, 2018
No wonder Good luck Jonathan is not going far in politics. He is dry, boring, scripted, iinsincere and dishonest politician. We need honesty. The era of political correctedness is going away. If you are a youth and a 75 year old man calling youths lazy is strange to you, you are even more boring than Jonathan.

I have spoken to a lot of high achieving youths and YES they look down on 80% of their colleagues.Most first class students in university think 90% of their colleagues are lazy. Most post graduate Nigerian students abroad look down on everything Nigerian universities, students, lecturer-supervisors at.c .

Buhari's govt is doing more for youths and education than 16 years of the PDP.
Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by hush15: 12:04am On Apr 21, 2018
Realkey:

maybe you dont know the definition of lazy. nigerians are not lazy. we do anything to live and survive. some good, some bad but never lazy. even the best countries have it like that and its the systems that addresses that such that it discourages you from illegitimate demeanors but in nigeria, the system doesnt support the youths. you think its easy to wield a gun and rob? dont get me wrong, its bad and i condemn it but lazy people dont wield guns, only wicked people do and that is because the system doesnt provide legitimate options.

those yahoo boys who practically live online, do you know the hours spent on channelling their brain in crafty ways, its bad but not lazy and thats because the system doesnt discourage such.

then those of us that do legitimate jobs, do you know people wake up 4:00am just to get to workplace especially in lagos and leave office 11:00pm everyday to make ends meet. some even just do so, leave the house to find anything doing rather than just stay at home?

yes, they are a few ones who might show some funny attitude but its never because they are lazy.

Buhari is wrong to make such statement whether it is true or not. how these youths survives, he doesnt know and not that he really cares so why speak abberation of the youths? he is in london, what survey did he carry out before going to make such blunder? how many youths does he interact with daily to reach such conclusion?

Every nigerian youth cherish independence and every independent person cannot afford being lazy. how they sustain their independecy may vary but nigerian youths are never lazy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by rickyrex(m): 8:25am On Apr 21, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
if we'll checked you have nothing doing?. but you did not check
you assumed(sign of mental laziness

All I read from your comments is saying same thing in different language.
seems you cannot read(educational laziness)

I have two jobs brother,
who e epp

I recieve my pay both pay every month.
i receive mne every week so what is special there

I also have a private business I earn my money daily. Am not bragging
you just did

. You don't expect everybody to drive a car, or be a farmer.
car no
farmer yes

The world is not designed that way.
that you have never seen it does not mean it does not exist(pikin wen neva comot him papa farm na in you be

Because you are carrying bricks and others chose not to do sane doesn't make them lazy.
it is if they have no choice and instead choose worse option of doing nothing and starving in the process

I think you need to understand your environment bros.
i do,it is you that is comparing nigerian environment with oyinbo own

That statement Nigerian youth are lazy doesn't not make you an exception.
can you point to where i said i was not lazy

You are a Nigerian their for you are lazy too.
If you no want make thunder fire you. Don't quote me again.
this is how you know when an individual has no argument
he start trying to hide under superstition
oya bring the thunder lets see who will die bfor weekend if e sure for u.dumbasss

OK buhari supporters I hail u. Don't even know why I spent my time busy time replying you. After all what do I expect from people who think below their nose. I am not a lazy youth let me get busy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by chigoziem10(f): 10:24am On Apr 21, 2018
muykem:
if buhari is right about you, he's wrong about me, I wrote my WAEC & UTME & I also writes my semester exams without buhari's help. So pls count me out in your laziness

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by folasayolyn(f): 2:27pm On Apr 21, 2018
simplemach:
can you compare a primary 6 certificate holder and a PhD holder?
I call on the wrath of God on anybody who played a part in bringing this curse on Nigerian youths.

haa wrath of God ke! Biko we would do the needful next election

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:44pm On Apr 21, 2018
rickyrex:
OK buhari supporters I hail u. Don't even know why I spent my time busy time replying you. After all what do I expect from people who think below their nose. I am not a lazy youth let me get busy
very lazy.
Re: Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech by Sexina851(f): 5:43pm On Apr 23, 2018
mikolo80:

so what do you suggest
we shud go with jonathan abi(clueless ad a thief and a bigot) and pdp (57yrs of failure)

what is it about
how will you get into office without party
get real

after speaking unanimously,what will happen
so you want the office to be blank
wake up

It's as simple as ABC, retire all these old men, let's give way to bright minds. Stop hailing people who are just there to amass wealth for their children and children's children.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Northern Youths Tell Buhari - Resign Now, You’re Worse Than Jonathan / Dino Melaye Joins Nollywood With ‘Equity Unbound' / Davido: INEC Planning To Declare Osun Election Inconclusive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.