Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Coding Demo Day At Moat Academy - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Coding Demo Day At Moat Academy (2690 Views)

Coding Demo Day: Some Web Apps Developed At Moat Academy Coding Boot Camp / 36 Moat Academy Alumni Honored With Achievement Awards / Our Participants’ Projects In Their First 3 Weeks At Moat Academy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coding Demo Day At Moat Academy by moatacad: 12:40pm On Apr 19, 2018
On March 23, 2018, the last day of the coding boot camp at Moat Academy; the atmosphere was electrifying with the excited participants that had built some amazing web applications during the 10-week long programme to demonstrate their in-depth understanding of key modules in which they have been trained.

They presented their projects one after the other to a thunderous applause from the wowed audience. The following applications were presented:

Debate Naija by Afeh : An application that allows users express their opinions and get reactions and comments from other users either in support or opposition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfb7WR2KgOY

Grassroot Support by Musty : A web application that allows footballers to showcase their talents through pictures and video upload and also build their profile for football teams and agents to ‘head-hunt’ them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PlFUoKK5bw

Naija Women by Victoria : an online platform where women can discuss issues pertaining to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrVaWbqxmEg

Cohort by Akugbe : a team collaboration platform

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjbV2rM5ZEM

Parkland Records by Tega : an online application where artistes can showcase their products with a market place for the selling of the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6pMZvi--MU

The day was graced with the presence of one of the Software development companies in Lagos, Dipole Diamond Limited that engaged the trio of Afeh, Akugbe and Musty immediately after the presentation to commence their recruitment process.

Application is now open for new intakes into our next bootcamp, apply on www.moatacademy.com before April 24, 2018 to be part of our next cohort. Training starts on April 30, 2018
Re: Coding Demo Day At Moat Academy by moatacad: 10:26am On Jun 11, 2018
Join our July 31 Bootcamp and Launch your software development career, www.moatacademy.com .
Re: Coding Demo Day At Moat Academy by moatacad: 2:38pm On Sep 09, 2018
As a follow up to above post : see what the trio of Afeh, Musty and Akugbe featured on our code day have become now in the industry.

Musty, Software Developer(Digital Lab) Fidelity Bank - April 2018 set

“I was impressed with the learning culture which made me grounded in the fundamentals of programming as well as standards and policies to thrive and succeed in Information Technology Industry. Moat academy holds a special place in my heart.”

Afeh , Junior Developer, Business Solutions DipoleDiamond Ltd
"The greatest from my point of view is the essential foundation I got from my training at MA. I get to see new things been done at my organization (which I am thankful for) regularly so I know my learning cannot stop. Without the MA foundation, I would not have the confidence to believe, and the courage to dream that I cannot become better at programming, and applying it as a tool to proffer tangible solutions."

Akugbe, Software Developer, Olivet Cloud Solutions Nigeria Limited
"Before coming to Moat Academy, I have not written any code in php and my knowledge of web technologies would rank 2 or 3 on a scale of 10. After 10 weeks of intensive training I built a full fledge project team collaborative application which I called Cohort. This was only possible because of the quality of training I received from Moat Academy and the support gained from the community (Moat Academy).

The training I received from Moat Academy helped me learn industry standard, industry best practices and cutting edge technologies such as version control, code igniter php framework for building web applications. I went on to learn php Laravel web framework which most company sorted.

Currently, I work at Olivet Cloud Solutions Nigeria Limited as a Software Developer in the Production department. As a software developer at Olivet Cloud Solutions, I have been involved in projects and my goal of becoming a world class developer is being realized because of the quality of training I received at Moat Academy".

So If you are thinking of an accelerated career in software development, think Moat Academy

Join our next coding boot camp starting October 09, 2018 , www.moatacademy.com
Re: Coding Demo Day At Moat Academy by moatacad: 10:49am On Jan 07, 2019
Toluwalakin Sanwoolu, one of our participants in our just concluded boot camp developed this web application, EventPS from scratch to completion during the boot camp as his final bootcamp project.

Event PS is a one-stop shop for event planners, where they can search for listed venues by venue owners and listed vendors (professionals such as DJ, photographer etc who are needed for a successful event). Also, event lovers can search for events of their interest and make ticket purchases.

Please watch his presentation of the application on the last day of the bootcamp, Friday, December 21, 2018 where he spoke on the major features and how he achieved them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWy-6wCpl7A

If you are thinking of having an accelerated career in the software development industry, think Moat Academy!

Apply on https://moatacademy.com/signup/apply to be part of our next boot camp.
Re: Coding Demo Day At Moat Academy by moatacad: 9:54pm On Mar 17, 2019
Don’t miss your chance — apply before April 10 on www.moatacademy.com to join our April 2019 cohort and become a Full Stack Software Developer.
Re: Coding Demo Day At Moat Academy by moatacad: 1:43pm On Sep 03, 2019
Our Alumnus, Olanrewaju develops a platform to enhance access to Healthcare delivery

Most Nigerians will agree that access to good healthcare delivery and unemployment are part of the major problems that have plagued our society for years; for Olanrewaju Adesanya, having been armed with software development skills; he decided to contribute his quota by developing a platform, Get Caregivers to ameliorate these pain points for the populace.

Get Caregivers is a web application that provides easy access for the users to hire caregivers (trained professionals and other individuals) at the comfort of their homes while creating employment opportunities for this category of professionals.

On the last day of our cohort 11 boot camp, July 05, 2019, Olanrewaju made a presentation of Get Caregivers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a58BhiP7YBA

When this application becomes commercially available, it will be a big relief for those with aged parents and people with disability/ diseases that required special care among others.

Please apply on www.moatacademy.com to be part of our October coding boot camp.
Re: Coding Demo Day At Moat Academy by moatacad: 7:42pm On Sep 09, 2019
Our Graduand, Dika Provides a Platform for Skilled University Students

When Unilancer, a platform developed by Dika Emmanuel Ututu is made public, skilled university students will have a cause to smile to the bank as their skills will generate wealth for them even while they are still on campus.

The product sprung up from his personal experience while he was also a student; he said, “the requirements from most freelancing platforms are difficult for students to meet”. Having a platform dedicated just for skilled students to ply their trade will go a long way so he longed towards providing a solution.

Dika’s dream of developing the freelancing platform became a reality during our just concluded bootcamp when he developed it from scratch to completion (using HTML5, CSS3 with some bootstrap classes to design its responsive User Interface, Javascript as client-side programming language, modelling the database with MySQL workbench and using PHP OOP, MySQL along with other technologies for the server side) within the boot camp time frame. He called it, Unilancer.

Unilancer is a one-stop shop where skilled university students can showcase their skills and create service/product offerings (called gig) and prospective clients /customers can transact business with them through it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvdrEcpPeAs

On the last day of the boot camp, July 05, 2019; Dika presented the application showcasing the features, how it works and how he deployed some technologies to achieve it.

Please apply on www.moatacademy.com to be part of our October coding boot camp.
Re: Coding Demo Day At Moat Academy by moatacad: 10:56pm On Feb 14, 2020
Our Graduand, Uthman Finds a Solution to Get Rid of Potholes on our Roads

Potholes and damaged roads are major contributors to traffic congestion and they do lots of damage to vehicles plying them, the result is a longer commuting time than required and frequent visits to the mechanic workshops (this obviously affects the personal economies of car owners) .

Finding a solution to ease these pain points for the populace was Uthman goal when he decided to develop Road Report Application where commuters can report bad roads around them; allowing other road users to be pre-informed and make contingency plans before journeying on the respective roads. The application can also help relevant authorities to keep track of their maintenance duties.

Uthman was able to develop the application with the technologies he learnt at the boot camp such as HTML, CSS , bootstrap, Javascript/ jquery , MySQL database, AJAX and PHP; and on the last day he presented his first version (Minimum Viable Product) which was ready to go live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkuArEVWV_A

With Road Report Application, it is now ‘ one for all, all for one ‘, because everybody can now do their part in getting rid of the ugly road situation and nobody is actually left behind… Don’t complain, just report it!

Apply to be part of our March coding boot camp on www.moatacademy.com
Re: Coding Demo Day At Moat Academy by moatacad: 9:16am On Feb 25, 2020
Praise Develops an Online Food Ordering Application at the Last Boot Camp

One of our graduands, Praise presenting the web application he developed during the boot camp. Foodie, an online food ordering application that can be customized for any food vendor/restaurant to display their menu; allowing prospective customers to place order at their convenience.

He displayed great dexterity of the technologies he learnt with a beautiful graphic user interface using HTML 5 and CSS. He achieved the responsiveness of the interface with bootstrap classes and enhanced interactivity of the platform using JavaScript/jQuery, while he handled the backend using PHP 7 (Object Oriented Programming), AJAX and MySQL database.The Application is commercially ready

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0bUujhH618

Apply to be part of our next boot camp and actualize your dream of becoming a software Developer on www.moatacademy.com
Re: Coding Demo Day At Moat Academy by Nobody: 5:51am On Feb 26, 2020
You guys makes coding look like a joke

Anything African man touch becomes wack
Re: Coding Demo Day At Moat Academy by moatacad: 10:18am On Feb 27, 2020
Itsy Fitness by Israel

Israel has a penchant for backend development, which he demonstrated his prowess of it through the development of Itsy Fitness.

Itsy Fitness is a listing site for fitness related products/ services where Gym, Spa and Trainers enlist to give details of their offerings to the public thus, allowing prospective customers; even the busy professionals to locate fitness providers close to them within their budget for patronage.

Please click Image below to view his presentation on the last day of the boot camp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PcZQ3-z_CY

Please apply on www.moatacademy.com to be part of our next coding boot camp.
Re: Coding Demo Day At Moat Academy by moatacad: 7:38pm On Jul 02, 2020
Are you also looking forward to launching your career in the software development field and climbing the career ladder very fast?
Join us as we raise a new set of remarkable software developers before the end of the year 2020, by applying on https://moatacademy.com

Commencement Date: August 31, 2020 (Application closes as soon as all our slots are filled or by August 23, 2020)

Duration: 12 weeks, Monday to Friday (9am to 3pm)

(1) (Reply)

Test / Friendzone / Help Fix This Android Studio Error Dhtml18 And Otherd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.