Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,885 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:32 AM

Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast (54729 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie: I Stopped Attending Catholic Churches In Nigeria Because ... / Chimamanda Adichie: 'I Am Sorry For Men, They Can't Have Motherhood' / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 'I Was Happy To Wear Dior Cleavage-Baring Dress' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by Adebowale89(m): 3:33pm On Apr 19, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

slow response to the point where your body is being violated for SECONDS?!?!? what kind of nonsense is this?!?!?

would have you say this if your sis is the one involved. the way man take actions is quite different from ladies and that's why we override their senses easily beside this was when she was building a dream

you won't tell me u haven't make some mistakes that u later regret of thereafter? quit judging with sentiment

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by sweetrace(f): 3:33pm On Apr 19, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
so the man got his hand under your SHIRT and BRA, and you didnt think to say no or push his hand away as it was getting closer to your body?!?!?! how can a hand even "slip" under a shirt, or better yet a damn bra?! no wonder this demon had the audacity to try, if you couldnt even stop him when he was aiming for the breast... and then to make matters even worse, instead of giving this man a piece of your mind as to what happened, you still care about this book deal and downplay this abuse?!?!? no wonder there so many Weinstein bastards in this world

as much as what he did is wrong,this lady should certainly take some of the blame for this nonsense!

Maybe you shouldn't have said anything at all because you can't relate to her experience at all. It has happened to quite a number of girls. As Nigerians we are taught to be so respectful to our elders. Plus well brought up girls are often left in shock when they come across such brazen behavior. The shock does leave one speechless and unable to think. Afterwards she probably thought of so many things she could have done or said to him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by DozieInc(m): 3:35pm On Apr 19, 2018
I believe her story.
Most woman experience some form of sexual harassment especially when they seek help from the men.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by raumdeuter: 3:35pm On Apr 19, 2018
SoapQueen:

Who told you she didn't turn him down? Who told you we don't turn them down? No one is trying to cut corners here. Stop it. Not all women sleep to their way to the pedestal . It is so saddening and heartbreaking that after you have worked so hard for something, you see a man giving you conditions before your dreams can be brought to fruition. I'm done with the way men treat women. This gender disparity is so so unfair.

Imagine E! network paying two members of staff who play same role different salaries, why? Because she is a woman. She got paid less.

I anticipated this, as usual, the woman always takes the blame.

This is Bullshiiit

If I come to you and say I want to sleep with you, Do you realize you have the right to decline right? There is something like proposition and there is something called declining. Every girl knows this and stop making it sound like girls are dumb and have to take every proposition thrown at them

Of the men who have approached you for sex in your life, did you agree to sleep with everyone of them?

And the pay disparity, there is something called negotiation in every instance of business. If I offer you 200 and you accept, then the next person I offer him 200 and he declines insisting on 2M. Then dont blame me or him for knowing his worth and insisting on it

If you agree to 200, Do you expect me to give you more?

If you want to buy bread and offer N100 and the seller accepts, should I blame you for not offering N10,000

6 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 19, 2018
Most men think with their smaller head down below.

Whenever they see a woman, all they can see are a pair of boobs and ass.

Such men won't hesitate to rape anything in skirts or pampers.

Shameless goats. No decorum at all.

Unfortunately there are tons of them on this forum. Always quick with the vulgar words, all because NL affords everyone a modicum of anonymity.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by godofuck231: 3:43pm On Apr 19, 2018
CastedBlog:
One of Nigeria's Best Selling authors, Also went through the hard stages of life, Chimamanda Adichie during an address at the just concluded Stockholm Forum for Gender Equality has revealed how a popular man in the Nigerian Media Industry Sexually Harassed, Because she met him for help to publish her book..

According to her he was friendly at first and impressed that someone her age had written a book. But the man soon came to her, slipped his hand under her shirt and bra, then squeezed her breast.

She said she was so taken aback that she did nothing for seconds, then she pushed his hand away “gently”.

She said:

'I was so taken aback that I did nothing for seconds. Then, I pushed his hand away, but gently, nicely, because I didn’t want to offend him.

Later that day, I broke into a rash on my chest, my neck, my face, as though my body were recoiling, as though my body were saying what my lips had not said.

I felt a deep loathing for that man and for what he did. I felt as if I didn’t matter, as if my body existed merely as a thing to be done with as he wanted. Yet, I told no one about it. And I kept talking to him, being polite, hoping he will help with my book.

Watch the video below Fastforward to 3:44:08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbEhQ7_tQ2Q

news From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/04/he-slipped-his-hands-squeezed-my-breast.html

If you are not married and not in a relationship and you didn't enjoy it, then your lie go sink titanic ship wen de under water, you need a man get married like omotola and you go de orrite

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:43pm On Apr 19, 2018
SoapQueen:
Who told you she didn't turn him down? Who told you we don't turn them down? No one is trying to cut corners here. Stop it. Not all women sleep to their way to the pedestal.

the women who sleep with these men of power for some advancement (or whetever these bastard are offering) are indeed trying to cut corners... because if they had what it takes to get it righteously then they wouldnt sell their body and soul to the devil to attain it.duh!

It is so saddening and heartbreaking that after you have worked so hard for something, you see a man giving you conditions before your dreams can be brought to fruition. I'm done with the way men treat women. This gender disparity is so so unfair.

what is saddening and heartbreaking is the deluded people who gladly fall to such pressure to attain their goals....here is simple question: what is more important here, the book deal or your DIGNITY?!

Imagine E! network paying two members of staff who play same role different salaries, why? Because she is a woman. She got paid less.

this is the unfair world we live in and a complete different issue unrelated to the above.

I anticipated this, as usual, the woman always takes the blame.

yes, women should take "some" of the blame for the above rubbish... if women cannot stop a man in power to reach for UNDER their shirt, UNDER their bra (imagine how difficult that would be o), and stop him for squeezing her tittays for a few seconds, then YES women should take some of the blame for this arrant nonsense!

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by marticeus(m): 3:43pm On Apr 19, 2018
For hiding the identity of the pervert even uptill now, it is better she kept her mouth permanently shut.

6 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by SoapQueen(f): 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2018
raumdeuter:

This is Bullshiiit

If I come to you and say I want to sleep with you, Do you realize you have the right to decline right? There is something like proposition and there is something called declining. Every girl knows this and stop making it sound like girls are dumb and have to take every proposition thrown at them

Of the men who have approached you for sex in your life, did you agree to sleep with everyone of them?

And the pay disparity, there is something called negotiation in every instance of business. If I offer you 200 and you accept, then the next person I offer him 200 and he declines insisting on 2M. Then dont blame me or him for knowing his worth and insisting on it

If you agree to 200, Do you expect me to give you more?

If you want to buy bread and offer N100 and the seller accepts, should I blame you for not offering N10,000

Let's paint a picture. You are someone who is well known in the business "world" and I happen to respect you a lot. In the bid to expand my soap business, I ask for a meet, because I believe you will be of help( not financial). If I visit you and you try to touch me, I SHOULD SLAP YOU VERY WELL, but because of your of your social standing and maybe age, I will tell you to stop in a calm manner, pick my bags and walk away.

Now, did I sleep with him?
No!
Did I decline? Yes.
Did I walk away? Yes.
Did he abuse me? Yes.
Must I show violence? No

Sexual abuse no matter how little is abuse. If you touched my neck is a suggestive manner without my consent, it is an abuse.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by sekem: 3:46pm On Apr 19, 2018
DoTheNeedful:
I admire Chimamanda to a great extent. However, I think she plays to the gallery a lot and mostly say things that make her more acceptable in the highly hypocritical Western society. I have watched many of her videos before coming to this conclusion. sad

You're right

I recently watched one of her videos where she even suggested that African men should start carrying babies

I couldn't help but laugh at the high level of foolishness she was freely and openly displaying while thinking she's wise because it seemed to me that she may have been forgetting the saying that when you go to Rome, you act like the Romans

Well, it's a free world and anyone can have any opinion

She can say anything she likes to her white and feminized audience, and they will clap for her

But I trust my African brothers to always know where to draw the lines most especially when it comes to putting a woman in her rightful place.

8 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by IgboticGirl(f): 3:47pm On Apr 19, 2018
kingthreat:

Well Igbos lost the Biafra war and arent a force to reckon with in Nigeria
Women can never be men
Gays are sexual lunatiks

dullll in ur mini brain

i love the area she focus on ...if u dont like write ur own
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:52pm On Apr 19, 2018
sweetrace:
Maybe you shouldn't have said anything at all because you can't relate to her experience at all. It has happened to quite a number of girls. As Nigerians we are taught to be so respectful to our elders. Plus well brought up girls are often left in shock when they come across such brazen behavior. The shock does leave one speechless and unable to think. Afterwards she probably thought of so many things she could have done or said to him.

you either accept demons or you denounce it, but you cant sit here and downplay the above nonsense. so the shock stops people from acting RIGHT when they wake up from their daydreaming assault?!?!?!?!?!

she clearly wrote that she pushed his hand "gently" to NOT OFFEND that demon?! why do you think that is if not because she was still thinking of the deal she could lose? the minute people start to use their head, is the minute it will start functioning... and if she does indeed feels that she was violated, then let her use the RIGHT channel to denounce this crime (aka report the assault to the police!)

Adebowale89:
would have you say this if your sis is the one involved. the way man take actions is quite different from ladies and that's why we override their senses easily beside this was when she was building a dream

you won't tell me u haven't make some mistakes that u later regret of thereafter? quit judging with sentiment

again, i would have biatch slapped my sista/daughter/mother etc for NOT doing what she has been taught all her life to do in case someone tries to violate her. NO member of my family would even let that man reach for the shirt, let alone the bra or her tittays...and if that man does it by force, then he would be reported to the closest police station for sexual assault (or worst). but hey, thats just me.

6 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by raumdeuter: 3:53pm On Apr 19, 2018
SoapQueen:

Let's paint a picture. You are someone who is well known in the business "world" and I happen to respect you a lot. In the bid to expand my soap business, I ask for a meet, because I believe you will be of help( not financial). If I visit you and you try to touch me, I SHOULD SLAP YOU VERY WELL, but because of your of your social standing and maybe age, I will tell you to stop in a calm manner, pick my bags and walk away.
Now, did I sleep with him?
No!
Did I decline? Yes.
Did I walk away? Yes.
Did he abuse me? Yes.
Must I show violence? No
Sexual abuse no matter how little is abuse. If you touched my neck is a suggestive manner without my consent, it is an abuse.

This is the right response I expect from a woman who isn't interested. You respond instantly to decline. either say no or push him away
You are a woman, how many seconds will it take you to feel hands in your blouse, into your bra(that is usually tight) and squeeze for a few seconds.

If that happened its either you are unconscious or you somehow didn't totally object until it got beyond a certain point

You havent told me about the pay disparity, will you offer above what a bread seller agrees to sell her wares?

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by lilmax(m): 3:56pm On Apr 19, 2018
this woman and her exaggerated stories, always trying too hard, ending up not making sense

we are tired, tell us something we don't know grin

slip Ko breadth ni

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 3:56pm On Apr 19, 2018
DoTheNeedful:
I admire Chimamanda to a great extent. However, I think she plays to the gallery a lot and mostly say things that make her more acceptable in the highly hypocritical Western society. I have watched many of her videos before coming to this conclusion. sad

Agreed.
She's a media manipulating attention lover.
As for her writing, she's just competent. Nothing more.

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by raumdeuter: 3:56pm On Apr 19, 2018
Adebowale89:

His sister or anyones sister who is not interested would have been taught to state your firm disapproval and restrain the violator within her power. Especially when she is an adult

If she made a mistake not to stop the guy Then she should admit that she was partially to blame also

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by SoapQueen(f): 3:59pm On Apr 19, 2018
raumdeuter:

This is the right response I expect from a woman who isn't interested. You respond instantly to decline. either say no or push him away
You are a woman, how many seconds will it take you to feel hands in your blouse, into your bra(that is usually tight) and squeeze for a few seconds.

If that happened its either you are unconscious or you somehow didn't totally object until it got beyond a certain point

You havent told me about the pay disparity, will you offer above what a bread seller agrees to sell her wares?

It wasn't about any pay. It was based on gender. They both got into E! at same time. They manned the same activities, it took her more than a decade by mere happenstance to know that the difference in salaries was much.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by raumdeuter: 4:02pm On Apr 19, 2018
SoapQueen:

It wasn't about any pay. It was based on gender. They both got into E! at same time. They manned the same activities, it took her more than a decade by mere happenstance to know that the difference in salaries was much.

They offer everyone salaries and they all negotiate. If you choose not to negotiate and accept what they give you then its your problem

That you entered at the same time doesn't mean anything if you don't negotiate.

If Glo offers Davido or Tiwa Savage 20M and they accept. They offer wizkid the same 20M and he declines and asks for 200M. How is that a problem?

6 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by Ogunleti01: 4:03pm On Apr 19, 2018
wildcatter23:
It's a difficult world for Ladies especially ladies with brains who certain men cannot help but see them as sexual objects that they could exploit.

It's difficult for a guy to be with a lady without been switched on sexually.

At the end, sexual harassment is on the cards, if the sexual advances aren't appreciated by the lady.

It's just not Ok

But if she shows up like this, we will ride down that pussyville. Screwing the poo outta her will definitely be in the cards

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by TheAngry1: 4:03pm On Apr 19, 2018
Mention the person na! What is this nonsense! Do you know how many girls the idiot is presently terrorizing?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by emperorblog(m): 4:03pm On Apr 19, 2018
who ahe epp
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by kingthreat(m): 4:04pm On Apr 19, 2018
IgboticGirl:

dullll in ur mini brain

i love the area she focus on ...if u dont like write ur own

You punanni-licking Biafran feminist calling me dull? I'm very happy in my profession. Must I be a writer?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 4:09pm On Apr 19, 2018
Adebowale89:

in as much as I think he isn't making sense that doesn't mean you should pull the "what if it was your sister, what if it was your mother and so so.... line" it's stale.
saying that just to get sympathy, do you realize that your fellow male folks are also sexually harassed in various ways?

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by steveDpro: 4:12pm On Apr 19, 2018
embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by Xisnin(m): 4:14pm On Apr 19, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

You will need more aspirin to ease your pain because not every harassed women will keep quiet
and pretend that everything is okay.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 19, 2018
After the North Korean leader, this woman is the world's next problem.

I don't approve of sexism, it's like racism and tribalism
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by Adebowale89(m): 4:17pm On Apr 19, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

in as much as I think he isn't making sense that doesn't mean you should pull the "what if it was your sister, what if it was your mother and so so.... line" it's stale.
saying that just to get sympathy, do you realize that your fellow male folks are also sexually harassed in various ways?

and judging her without being in the incident is what? you people state of reasoning do amaze me sometimes

why conclude on a thesis you don't read proof the JTB. whether men or ladies is the one abused here is still a wrongdoing of them to be abused. not taking urgent action doesn't mean she want it.

I pray you won't be under a pressure that would make u look unconscious for a seconds
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by mikolo80: 4:18pm On Apr 19, 2018
simonlee:
Just negudu these women?
Even Chimamanda has joined them angry
uh, she wey be dia regional ringleader
see her de wait to see if he will help her wiith her book first
confused women

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by Segzy008(m): 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2018
Does men even get sexually assaulted at all?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 19, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

but hey, i hope you feel the same way when your wife tells you that some dude squeezed her tittays for a few seconds before she reacted, and "gently" pushed his hand away, while still trying to have a business meeting with this man who "obviously" think NOTHING of her but some sex object.

You know its easier to type seconds rather than say "he touched me for a nano second" and if the guy is her superior there she might get fired if shes still working under him and trying to acuse him.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:40pm On Apr 19, 2018
Admin401:
You know its easier to type seconds rather than say "he touched me for a nano second" and if the guy is her superior there she might get fired if shes still working under him and trying to acuse him.

do you have the audacity to say that its better to accept being molested/assaulted (in order to get a biz deal) than to keep your DIGNITY?!

but hey, i hope that they day you have to sign a biz deal, and the guy in front of you is gay and starts touching you (or worst), you will have the same mindset to gladly ACCEPT being molested/assaulted by him. lol!

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast by IgboticGirl(f): 4:40pm On Apr 19, 2018
kingthreat:

You punanni-licking Biafran feminist calling me dull? I'm very happy in my profession. Must I be a writer?

yea big empty bowel like u

we all should be feminist tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Escorted To Prison In 1967 (Throwback Photo) / A Thorn in the Flesh 2 / Restless...story Of A Survivor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.