Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment (54388 Views)

Femi Adesina Reacts As Punch Calls Buhari 'Major General' / Buhari: "Nigerian Youths Are Uneducated, Lazy & Not Ready To Work" (Video) / #ResumeOrResign: Femi Adesina Reacts To Attack On Charly Boy, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by Academicwizman(m): 6:17pm On Apr 19, 2018
babajeje123:

Oga, 'a lot of' means larger percentage. It could also mean' a large number' or 'a great deal'. Insert these synonyms into Buhari statement and maybe you will feel the gravity. Shalom!

A lot means large percentage but not larger. I have provided dictionary evidence so, you can check that out. If you still want to argue, provide dictionary evidence that 'a lot of' means 'larger percentage'.
Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by GoodGovernance: 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2018
Doyin2:

This guy is really frustrated.

Meanwhile Buhari was appointed to champion the fight against corruption in Africa.

Corruption fighting back verociously in different forms.

GoodGovernance please ignore this chap.

His likes believe strongly that only those that abuse and insult their leaders are the ones asking for good governance and accountability.

I have taken to your advice.Thank you.
Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by egobetatoday: 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2018
It must be really difficult to work as a presidential aide to a dullard like Boohary. Femi Adesina, pls carry your cross alone since u like ur belle so much.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by blimeyVic(m): 6:19pm On Apr 19, 2018
Buhari just shot his team mates on the foot.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by mcfestgee: 6:21pm On Apr 19, 2018
This Femi and his employer are the biggest fools existing since independence.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:22pm On Apr 19, 2018
babajeje123:

E Pele o, omowe that doesn't know the meaning of 'a lot of'.
To show that you are daft as I said earlier. When i said "a lot of" is equivalent to "Some" am not telling you the denotative meaning of the word.
Now look at these statements: "A lot of Nigerian youth are Lazy" and "Some Nigerian youth are lazy". Are the two statements not almost the same. Now, if you don't understand what I stated up there, I don't know how I can help you out. May be if you understand spanish, I can help you. Hablas espanol? Lol...
Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by Dee60: 6:23pm On Apr 19, 2018
Hired to do the work of a spin doctor....but he does it in such a terrible way!

Femi Adesina obviously thinks he is the only smart man around.....that should tell you the kind of person he really is.

Shame.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by Lukewayne: 6:24pm On Apr 19, 2018
Same way u twisted stealing is not corruption..... Abeg put Nigerians first,get a conscience.
tesppidd:
Femi is just wasting his time

Dogs and baboons they twisted

5% and 97% they twisted

If another testament of the bible is written today

The verse would be

'It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for[s] a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God [/s]a wailing wailer to stop being angry'

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by Lukewayne: 6:26pm On Apr 19, 2018
Same way u twisted stealing is not corruption abi?
itsdumebi:
Below is a statement signed by the president's media aide, Femi Adesina;

At the Commonwealth Business Forum in London on Wednesday, April 18, 2018, President Muhammadu Buhari gave a keynote address on Making Business Easier Between Commonwealth Countries. The presentation was followed by a discussion, and question and answer session.

Responding to a question, President Buhari had cause to talk about some Nigerian youths, and he said: " We have a very young population; our population is estimated conservatively to be 180 million. More than 60 per cent of the population is below the age of 30. A lot of them have not been to school and they are claiming that Nigeria has been an oil producing country, therefore they should sit and do nothing and get housing, healthcare and education free.”
Typical of their stock in trade, manipulators and twisters of statements of Mr President, who lie in wait to make mischief, interpreted the comment to mean that President Buhari had taken all Nigerian youths to the cleaners. But elementary English recognizes a wide gulf between "a lot of" and the word "all." How can "a lot of them," suddenly transmogrify to mean “all of them?” Mischievous and unconscionable!

There is no way President Buhari, father of the Nigerian nation in every sense of the word, who equally has biological children of his own in the youths age bracket, pass a vote of no confidence on all youths. It can only exist in the imagination of those who play what the President has described as "irresponsible politics" with everything.

President Buhari has always applauded and celebrated Nigerian youths who excel in different areas of endeavour, from sports, to academia, and other realms. And he will continue to do so, because he values the youths, and knows that they are the fulcrum on which the future of the country rests.

Indeed, every country has its share of idle population, and it is the bounden duty of government at all levels, to create an enabling environment for them to actualize their potentials. That is what President Buhari is committed to doing.

The focal areas of the administration; securing the country, reviving the economy, and fighting corruption, are actually intended to give youths a future and a hope. This much was emphasized in an April 5, 2018 comment by President Buhari, while receiving Letter of Credence from the Head of Delegation of the European Union to Nigeria, when he said: " Our insistence on probity is to encourage people to be accountable, and accept honesty as a lifestyle so as to secure the future of our youths.’’ The President also said more than 60 percent of Nigerians fall into the age category of youths and deserve to inherit a stable and prosperous country that they can be proud of, adding that the government will work assiduously to prevent waste and the depletion of resources by corrupt Nigerians.

It is futile for mischief makers to lie in wait, and take a minor part of the words of the President, and turn it into negative commentary, peradventure they could diminish the profile of the President. Nigerians across all walks of life know who is serving them faithfully and truly, and they will always reciprocate such fidelity as occasions demand.

https://politicsngr.com/presidency-reacts-buharis-comment-nigerian-youths-lazy-uneducated/
Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by tesppidd: 6:27pm On Apr 19, 2018
Lukewayne:
Same way u twisted stealing is not corruption..... Abeg put Nigerians first,get a conscience.
Me

That's the problem.
Lazy Nigerian youth.

Dig up my post where I twisted 'stealing is not corruption.'

I am waiting.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by babajeje123(m): 6:28pm On Apr 19, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

To show that you are daft as I said earlier. When i said "a lot of" is equivalent to "Some" am not telling you the denotative meaning of the word.
Now look at these statements: "A lot of Nigerian youth are Lazy" and "Some Nigerian youth are lazy". Are the two statements not almost the same. Now, if you don't understand what I stated up there, I don't know how I can help you out. May be if you understand spanish, I can help you. Hablas espanol? Lol...
You're really showcasing your stupidity here. Keep winning at it, douche!

3 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by Doyin2(m): 6:28pm On Apr 19, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

But the president never said a lot of youths are lazy.Did he?Atleast based on the video in public space.
Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by summerflame(m): 6:30pm On Apr 19, 2018
itsdumebi:
Below is a statement signed by the president's media aide, Femi Adesina;

At the Commonwealth Business Forum in London on Wednesday, April 18, 2018, President Muhammadu Buhari gave a keynote address on Making Business Easier Between Commonwealth Countries. The presentation was followed by a discussion, and question and answer session.

Responding to a question, President Buhari had cause to talk about some Nigerian youths, and he said: " We have a very young population; our population is estimated conservatively to be 180 million. More than 60 per cent of the population is below the age of 30. A lot of them have not been to school and they are claiming that Nigeria has been an oil producing country, therefore they should sit and do nothing and get housing, healthcare and education free.”
Typical of their stock in trade, manipulators and twisters of statements of Mr President, who lie in wait to make mischief, interpreted the comment to mean that President Buhari had taken all Nigerian youths to the cleaners. But elementary English recognizes a wide gulf between "a lot of" and the word "all." How can "a lot of them," suddenly transmogrify to mean “all of them?” Mischievous and unconscionable!

There is no way President Buhari, father of the Nigerian nation in every sense of the word, who equally has biological children of his own in the youths age bracket, pass a vote of no confidence on all youths. It can only exist in the imagination of those who play what the President has described as "irresponsible politics" with everything.

President Buhari has always applauded and celebrated Nigerian youths who excel in different areas of endeavour, from sports, to academia, and other realms. And he will continue to do so, because he values the youths, and knows that they are the fulcrum on which the future of the country rests.

Indeed, every country has its share of idle population, and it is the bounden duty of government at all levels, to create an enabling environment for them to actualize their potentials. That is what President Buhari is committed to doing.

The focal areas of the administration; securing the country, reviving the economy, and fighting corruption, are actually intended to give youths a future and a hope. This much was emphasized in an April 5, 2018 comment by President Buhari, while receiving Letter of Credence from the Head of Delegation of the European Union to Nigeria, when he said: " Our insistence on probity is to encourage people to be accountable, and accept honesty as a lifestyle so as to secure the future of our youths.’’ The President also said more than 60 percent of Nigerians fall into the age category of youths and deserve to inherit a stable and prosperous country that they can be proud of, adding that the government will work assiduously to prevent waste and the depletion of resources by corrupt Nigerians.

It is futile for mischief makers to lie in wait, and take a minor part of the words of the President, and turn it into negative commentary, peradventure they could diminish the profile of the President. Nigerians across all walks of life know who is serving them faithfully and truly, and they will always reciprocate such fidelity as occasions demand.

https://politicsngr.com/presidency-reacts-buharis-comment-nigerian-youths-lazy-uneducated/
it shall not be well with FEMI ADESHINA, WITH BUHARI AND BLIND ZOMBIE FOLLOWERS

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by maestroferddi: 6:31pm On Apr 19, 2018
GoodGovernance:
Good.

Responsible response is part of good governance.

The irresponsible mischief makers and intellectually lazy mumus have had their turn.

It is time for real intellectualls to put the president's speech in proper perspective.
You need to take anti malaria because it is only a diseased brain that would be telling you that you are an intellectual with your submission here...

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:36pm On Apr 19, 2018
babajeje123:

You're really showcasing your stupidity here. Keep winning at it, douche!
When people don't know what they say, the result in abuse.
Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by Lordgatt46(m): 6:37pm On Apr 19, 2018
It's is finished undecided

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 19, 2018
MikeBetty:
Really? So Apc Twitter Handler Is Also An Illitrate To Have Condemn That Statement. Femi, All Your Insults On Nigerians Will Hunt You When You Leave That Office. You Are Courting Disaster To Yourself Unwittingly.

shebi that was how doyin okupe, reno and abati used to support their yeye paymaster until after election then they had sense...the same thing is happening to these ones now. they know the truth instead of them to keep quiet they are defending unjust causes. after they would say they trained their children well.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by Gkemz: 6:41pm On Apr 19, 2018
This political slowpoke likes to politicize everything. He's always covering buhari's mess, very soon the odour of the smell will overwhelm him. Afonjas will always be afonjas.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by tete7000(m): 6:42pm On Apr 19, 2018
When you have to come out and defend what someone says all the time. The person being repeatedly defended has indeed become a liability to one always defending him. Buhari has become something else even to his media aides. His every utterance keep them busy trying to clarify him.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:44pm On Apr 19, 2018
Doyin2:

But the president never said a lot of youths are lazy.Did he?Atleast based on the video in public space.
From what I read on Daily Trust newspaper. He never said, that youth are lazy directly. I just wonder how people blew his statement into proportion.

“About the economy, we have a very young population, our population is estimated conservatively to be 180 million. This is a very conservative one,” Buhari said.

“More than 60 percent of the population is below 30, a lot of them haven’t been to school and they are claiming that Nigeria is an oil producing country, therefore, they should sit and do nothing, and get housing, healthcare, education free.”
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/buhari-many-nigerian-youths-are-lazy-wants-free-oil-money.html
Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by babajeje123(m): 6:44pm On Apr 19, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

When people don't know what they say, the result in abuse.
But you started it by calling me a daft. And I was just trying to open your understanding to the fact that 'a lot of' and 'some' are not the same. I even went ahead to roll out some synonyms of 'a lot of'for a partner in ignorance of yours, and I'm sure you read it, but you're still arguing and embarrassing yourself publicly. I'm done with you for I've tried my best. Spit fire from now till forever, you are OYO.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by alsudaes1(m): 6:46pm On Apr 19, 2018
Paperwhite:
".....My people are useless,My people are senseless,
My people are indisciple...................................... ,
Nah Nigeria gofmenti o,them dey talk be that............,
Which kan talk be that o,nah crase talk be that o,
Nah animal talk be that o......"(Basket Mouth)

Fela-God bless you so well.You really saw the Buhari of today even before we're born.

I was somewhere today when this song was played, and other songs of the legendary Fela
It's as if Fela saw the future of this country and the world at Large

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by Roh50(f): 6:47pm On Apr 19, 2018
Femi, I don't think there is anyone that envy your position. You have to clean after Pres Buhari but true is, the mess is too bad. Is not convincing at all.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:52pm On Apr 19, 2018
babajeje123:

But you started it by calling me a daft. And I was just trying to open your understanding to the fact that 'a lot of' and 'some' are not the same. I even went ahead to roll out some synonyms of 'a lot of'for a partner in ignorance of yours, and I'm sure you read it, but you're still arguing and embarrassing yourself publicly. I'm done with you for I've tried my best. Spit fire from now till forever, you are OYO.
Keep that to yourself. I have stated my opinion loud and clear. As have said before, if you don't understand what I said, I don't how I can help you out. Ire ooo...
Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by Positiveminds(m): 6:53pm On Apr 19, 2018
Demi, you are even as dull as Buhari. Must he even make that comment the way he did, in the first place? The man is senile. You guys should allow to go to Daura and rest .

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by Adefemiaderoju1: 7:02pm On Apr 19, 2018
You all... go get your PVC and lets send this old baffoons call Buhari back to daura, with OMOYELE SOWORE I stand.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 19, 2018
xcolanto:

Bush cretin! I served in the north you jack ass!
You northerners are born beggers and religious fanatics in form of almajiris. Wonder why boko haram thrives in the north! Because a lot of you lazy and uneducated lots as your master refers to you support them. Now I remember your the pig I put an ignore button on so be grateful I entertained your miserable self with a mention. Now be gone douche bag!!

well thank very much, so you spend 11 months for north & you don become expert. I was wondering why my people usually hate southern grown igbos, I see is because of people like you. Don't worry we shall soon prove to you how "uneducated" & lazy we are. keep enjoying ur delusions for now
Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by Doyin2(m): 7:07pm On Apr 19, 2018
maestroferddi:
You need to take anti malaria because it is only a diseased brain that would be telling you that you are an intellectual with your submission here...

I believe he is more intellectual than you.

Only intellectuals demand that things be put in the right perspectives and not twisted.

That does not mean they support the perspective or not.

Your recommendation shows how low your intelect could be.
Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by chernest2002: 7:24pm On Apr 19, 2018
Femi Adeshina is the only graduate in Nigeria cause his understanding of English is always different. But means failure in all dictionaries.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:32pm On Apr 19, 2018
Some very stupid youths are defending this man that ordered the killing of your unharmed fellow citizens, that calls killers 'our neighbours', that took government through bloodshed and had no interest in relinquishing power, a man that claims to be honest yet his family lives a very lavish life, his kitchen budget runs in the billions, some people have just decided to be blind, it seems the northerners want us to be like them

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by olawaletimi(m): 7:45pm On Apr 19, 2018
Paperwhite:
".....My people are useless,My people are senseless,
My people are indisciple...................................... ,
Nah Nigeria gofmenti o,them dey talk be that............,
Which kan talk be that o,nah crase talk be that o,
Nah animal talk be that o......"(Basket Mouth)

Fela-God bless you so well.You really saw the Buhari of today even before we're born.
pls sir, what track of Fela is this?
Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by tsmat(m): 7:47pm On Apr 19, 2018
so the only reason buhari will not pass a vote of no confidence in Nigerian youth is because he has children that are in the youth age bracket?OK.......we hear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa / 2023: Yoruba elders send message to Buhari over El-Rufai’s presidential ambition / The Moment Osinbajo And Tinubu Met At APC South-West Leaders' Meeting (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.