Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment (54385 Views)

Femi Adesina Reacts As Punch Calls Buhari 'Major General' / Buhari: "Nigerian Youths Are Uneducated, Lazy & Not Ready To Work" (Video) / #ResumeOrResign: Femi Adesina Reacts To Attack On Charly Boy, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by deebrain(m): 1:01am On Apr 20, 2018
I hope he is aware that we watched the broadcast?
Or maybe later, he will say "Nigerian youths can't read and can't see".

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by RealityShot: 1:11am On Apr 20, 2018
Femi Adesina In damage control mode.. Lol..
It's very tough to work for a "not so intelligent" boss.
Sorry femoo.. We will try and end it next year, if you like

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by samsono30: 2:35am On Apr 20, 2018
Oil money for power bike � , crash it; oil money for treatment in a hospital �� in Germany ��, and yet we are the
lazy youth waiting for freebies

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by justtoodark: 3:04am On Apr 20, 2018
itsdumebi:
Below is a statement signed by the president's media aide, Femi Adesina;

At the Commonwealth Business Forum in London on Wednesday, April 18, 2018, President Muhammadu Buhari gave a keynote address on Making Business Easier Between Commonwealth Countries. The presentation was followed by a discussion, and question and answer session.

Responding to a question, President Buhari had cause to talk about some Nigerian youths, and he said: " We have a very young population; our population is estimated conservatively to be 180 million. More than 60 per cent of the population is below the age of 30. A lot of them have not been to school and they are claiming that Nigeria has been an oil producing country, therefore they should sit and do nothing and get housing, healthcare and education free.”
Typical of their stock in trade, manipulators and twisters of statements of Mr President, who lie in wait to make mischief, interpreted the comment to mean that President Buhari had taken all Nigerian youths to the cleaners. But elementary English recognizes a wide gulf between "a lot of" and the word "all." How can "a lot of them," suddenly transmogrify to mean “all of them?” Mischievous and unconscionable!

There is no way President Buhari, father of the Nigerian nation in every sense of the word, who equally has biological children of his own in the youths age bracket, pass a vote of no confidence on all youths. It can only exist in the imagination of those who play what the President has described as "irresponsible politics" with everything.

President Buhari has always applauded and celebrated Nigerian youths who excel in different areas of endeavour, from sports, to academia, and other realms. And he will continue to do so, because he values the youths, and knows that they are the fulcrum on which the future of the country rests.

Indeed, every country has its share of idle population, and it is the bounden duty of government at all levels, to create an enabling environment for them to actualize their potentials. That is what President Buhari is committed to doing.

The focal areas of the administration; securing the country, reviving the economy, and fighting corruption, are actually intended to give youths a future and a hope. This much was emphasized in an April 5, 2018 comment by President Buhari, while receiving Letter of Credence from the Head of Delegation of the European Union to Nigeria, when he said: " Our insistence on probity is to encourage people to be accountable, and accept honesty as a lifestyle so as to secure the future of our youths.’’ The President also said more than 60 percent of Nigerians fall into the age category of youths and deserve to inherit a stable and prosperous country that they can be proud of, adding that the government will work assiduously to prevent waste and the depletion of resources by corrupt Nigerians.

It is futile for mischief makers to lie in wait, and take a minor part of the words of the President, and turn it into negative commentary, peradventure they could diminish the profile of the President. Nigerians across all walks of life know who is serving them faithfully and truly, and they will always reciprocate such fidelity as occasions demand.

https://politicsngr.com/presidency-reacts-buharis-comment-nigerian-youths-lazy-uneducated/

look,if he was talking in the senate about that,we wouldnt be that pissed....but abroad with our genetical enemies....??

thats a no no..... angry angry

and he did it before calling us criminals in front of our enemies....whites are not familiy members....they are our enemies....you dont do that.... angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by ddeola: 3:26am On Apr 20, 2018
Fela don talk am tey-tey. Many of our leaders are psycophants and suffer from inferiority complex. How can the president of a country say that about the youths of his country?

Such leaders are irresponsible and do not deserve a place in leadership.

come 2019, the youths will speak. Please get your PVC

Paperwhite:
".....My people are useless,My people are senseless,
My people are indiscipline...................................... ,
Nah Nigeria gofmenti o,them dey talk be that............,
Which kan talk be that o,nah crase talk be that o,
Nah animal talk be that o......"(Basket Mouth).

Fela-God bless you so well.You really saw the Buhari of today even before we're born.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by Chinagurum1995(m): 3:36am On Apr 20, 2018
Chai this President Buhari is a wicked Terrorist man and I don't know why these Nigerian youths are uneducated I mean this why Naija is failed and now Mr President Buhari had missed it up I mean this is Nonsense l mean Nigeria is never in peace at all oooo chai I am not happy about Buhari in our nation Nigeria we are always suffering no food no Electricity no nothing I mean we only know Nigeria is failed na wa oooo for Buhari. angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by yemi15(m): 5:07am On Apr 20, 2018
77up:
Thank you for this .
You are welcome bro
Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by Kaysalas(m): 6:12am On Apr 20, 2018
Gaddafithe2nd:

It is even crystal clear, " a lot of" is equivalent to "some" while, "All" is equivalent to "everyone or genera[/b]l".

Gaddafithe2nd:

Mr man you are just silly. It shows you don't read to understand. Can't you see the word "[b]equivalent
". You are the type Adeshina is talking about always rush to read without understanding.

Gaddafithe2nd:

If I call you a daft now. I am right. The same thing I told your fellow idiot, that is what I will tel you. When I made that statement I used the word "equivalent"(It is just a connotation,I just gave my own suggestion or idea) and am not even using the denotation(the literal meaning of the word), but fools like you that are angry, may be the situation of the country made you not to understand simple statement. Next time always use your head before you comment. Take care Idiot. Lol...

equivalent
ɪˈkwɪv(ə)l(ə)nt/
adjective
equal in value, amount, function, meaning, etc.
"one unit is equivalent to one glass of wine"
synonyms: equal, identical; More
noun

connotation
kɒnəˈteɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
noun: connotation; plural noun: connotations
an idea or feeling which a word invokes for a person in addition to its literal or primary meaning.(not contrary to but in addition to)
"the word ‘discipline’ has unhappy connotations of punishment and repression"

If after all this, u still don't see where u erred, sorry for u.
U know the saying.....he who knoweth not, and refuses to acknowledge that he knoweth not....... wink

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by AdeniyiA(m): 8:05am On Apr 20, 2018
The question is, how many job opportunities has he created and no youth applied to work there??
If his children (the Nigerian youth) don't want to work that means he has failed as their father.
It's a very idiotic statement to make as a president.

It's just like a father who doesn't speak with his children at home but always goes out to speak ill of them in the market place... he goes out to tell the world that economy is improving and at the same time tell them his vibrant youths are lazy, how is he building the economy without tomorrow's leaders?

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by maestroferddi: 9:33am On Apr 20, 2018
Doyin2:

I believe he is more intellectual than you.

Only intellectuals demand that things be put in the right perspectives and not twisted.

That does not mean they support the perspective or not.

Your recommendation shows how low your intelect could be.
I will not waste my saliva on a tabula rasa like you.

All the resources wasted by your parents/guardians to send you to school (if you did attend one) could have been invested elsewhere. You claim to have common sense and yet you support the perpetuation of senselessness.

All the spin doctors in the world cannot extinguish the fact that Buhari is a monumental flop.

Of all the myriads of problems which he has authored since obtaining power by propaganda and subterfuge, he chose - as he is wont to do - to cast aspersions and denigrate Nigerian youths who have been at the receiving end of years of misgovernance and parasitic reliance by people like him.

Nigerian youths are generally one of the most hardworking the world over. I dont expect you to figure that out because you have sold your conscience on the altar of crass ethnocentrism and primordial sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by REBREED(m): 8:42pm On Apr 20, 2018
Mr President owes no one no appology! Yes a youths has got to hustle! So if its getting to u den u know u are actually lazy and u are d ones being referred to,
-
Bible says work whilst its day night cometh wen no man can work!
-
If u be hustler like me it won't pain u! only d actually lazy na dem e dey pain
-
The average southeasten youth will careless, cos dem are hustlers! But d south south youths will wanna die! cos most of dem are actually lazy! dey sit and rely on "Papa's Land"
Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by OBAGADAFFI: 7:28am On Apr 21, 2018
Paperwhite:
".....My people are useless,My people are senseless,
My people are indiscipline...................................... ,
Nah Nigeria gofmenti o,them dey talk be that............,
Which kan talk be that o,nah crase talk be that o,
Nah animal talk be that o......"(Basket Mouth).

Fela-God bless you so well.You really saw the Buhari of today even before we're born.

LoL

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment by Ebenald(m): 12:19am On Apr 22, 2018
I don't think that that is what Mr. President meant on the statement that "whatever lazy".
This is what his trying to say "lazy in farming".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands / Fayose Wore Shorts To May Day Celebration In Ekiti (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.