Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,567 members, 7,801,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

The Paradigm Of Brief Illness - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Paradigm Of Brief Illness (557 Views)

Obituary Of A 15-Year-Old Girl Who Died After A Brief Illness (Photos) / COVID-19 Vaccine Trials Report Cases Of Brief Facial Paralysis. That's Not As Sc / Kennedy Onoriode Ovabore Dies After A Brief Illness (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Paradigm Of Brief Illness by Horlorlardaey: 10:22pm On Apr 19, 2018
I was coming back from school when I saw this burial poster which says the deceased died after brief illness, I checked the age written, it says 41. I got home and was checking my Facebook when I saw another post of a colleague who died after a brief illness, I was utterly shocked.
As I sat down on the couch with my earphones plugged in listening to one of Sonu Nigam's song, I felt the urge to write about ‘brief illness'.

It is so common nowadays to read about people dying after ‘brief illness’. Should we say it is rare for people to die after battling with an illness for long? Or our maker made us so fragile that we aren’t so tolerable to brief illness.
A man walking on the road might suddenly collapse and die, it is common for people to say he died of heart attack but not many are informed that cardiac arrest doesn’t just happen, it usually happens after a very long period of warning. There are several signs and symptoms that such sufferer would have been experiencing, signs like chest pain, headaches, blurry vision, and many others.

Cardiac arrest is the end result of blocked arteries supplying and taking blood away from the heart and brain, many of these arteries usually have cholesterol build up round them which thins the passage for blood and makes it insufficient for blood to get to vital organs.

Let's think of a person who was hospitalized for some weeks before giving up the ghost. The 'brief illness' here may be as a result of damage suffered by an important organ in the body. Organs like kidney, liver, stomach, spleen, or lungs. We sometimes don't remember that poor welfare conditions given to these organs can translate into death or life. Infections are triggers and physical damage is inevitable.
The bigger problem is that these organs might've been enduring this damage till it gets to a stage where it can't endure it anymore.

From the religious point of view, it is agreed that we don't have ultimate control over our lives and God can kill anybody at any time he wishes, But God isn't a wicked creator, he isn't a cruel farmer who harvest crops when it isn't yet harvest period. Sometimes we are the killer of our cells.

We should go for regular medical checkups; we should exercise our body at intervals, task our brain less, reduce stress, and lower the consumption of harmful food or drinks.
We should stop self medication and stop patronizing quacks in all field related to our health, we should prioritize our health, government should subsidize healthcare services and there should be mass awareness on several silent killers.

This is the 21st century; we shouldn't still have to offer our precious lives to 'Brief Illness'.

About Me: Horlorlardaey is a prolific student writer, who loves delivering thoughtful and unique write-ups. You can contact me via; horlorlardaeyedun@gmail.com or +2349063957289.
Re: The Paradigm Of Brief Illness by Horlorlardaey: 10:24pm On Apr 19, 2018
cc: seen. Dominique lalasticlala,
Re: The Paradigm Of Brief Illness by Horlorlardaey: 8:50am On Apr 21, 2018
sissy3

(1) (Reply)

"IVF Should Be The Last Option After All Natural Treatment Options Have Been... / Main Sources Of Vitamin A, C, B12, And Vitamin K And Health Benefits / Pills For Abortion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.