Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,264 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders (19193 Views)

Procter And Gamble / Procter And Gamble Recruits OND,HND,BSC and NYSC Any Discipline. / Procter And Gamble (P&G) Is Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by CHAIRMAN1(m): 8:25pm On May 15, 2010
I just finished my Masters in the UK and was invited for an interview by procter and gamble nigeria(they are visiting the UK for a job fair).
I wanted to know if working with them would be worth the stress after spending close to five million for my msc program here in the UK.

Please who can provide me info on how much they pay and the career path in the company for someone with an Msc. I'll appreciate any info.
Thanks.
Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by CHAIRMAN1(m): 1:13am On May 17, 2010
angryStop viewing my topic if you wont reply grin
Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by anointedfv(m): 2:25am On May 17, 2010
why don't you tell us, i cant say
Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by CHAIRMAN1(m): 2:39pm On May 17, 2010
angry
Somebody please say sthing embarassed
Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by ama27(f): 6:21pm On May 17, 2010
Hey

Let me add my little 2 pence,

bros ur Msc is not a big deal infact u know how many naija graduate have finished in the uk , (all u need to do is count all the friends you know)

i can tell u P& G is not going to pay a lot, but its a global company and they do a lot of people development. HR is standardised globally and you would learn a whole lot by grabbing the opportunity.

When u get to careers in africa and see the amount of graduates there u will understand what i mean by its not a big deal , ur MSc , alsoyou would know ur personal circumstances in the Uk from your comments i assume you are on a student visa so its not like your options are vast

The study visa they give u people may soon be cancelled as a result of the LIb Dem/conservative coalition as u know the immigration policies to be taken on board is the convservative one.

so for the rest of ur visa period , ure are limited to?

The mistake most students make is that instead of going back asap they stay trying'to find a good job' but end up with customer service role for a long time, a time so long that their degrees would have expired (or dont u know it expires)

do not think cos u have got a uk degree the red carpet is rolled out for you in nigeria, those u left behind have been working and gaining experience.

my advice grab the oppourtunity and thank your stars that u have a choice and can avoid making some of the mistakes others have made.

Just in case you are wondering , i am also a uk graduate ( which does not mean jack) , i have been to careers in africa and i have relocated , i am also british so i didnt have to.
well all the best .

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by CHAIRMAN1(m): 11:24pm On May 17, 2010
ama27:

Hey

bros your Msc is not a big deal infact u know how many naija graduate have finished in the uk , (all u need to do is count all the friends you know)

i can tell u P& G is not going to pay a lot, but its a global company and they do a lot of people development. HR is standardised globally and you would learn a whole lot by grabbing the opportunity.

When u get to careers in africa and see the amount of graduates there u will understand what i mean by its not a big deal , your MSc , alsoyou would know your personal circumstances in the Uk from your comments i assume you are on a student visa so its not like your options are vast

The study visa they give u people may soon be cancelled as a result of the LIb Dem/conservative coalition as u know the immigration policies to be taken on board is the convservative one.

so for the rest of your visa period , ure are limited to?

The mistake most students make is that instead of going back asap they stay trying'to find a good job' but end up with customer service role for a long time, a time so long that their degrees would have expired (or dont u know it expires)

do not think cos u have got a uk degree the red carpet is rolled out for you in nigeria, those u left behind have been working and gaining experience.

my advice grab the oppourtunity and thank your stars that u have a choice and can avoid making some of the mistakes others have made.

Just in case you are wondering , i am also a uk graduate ( which does not mean jack) , i have been to careers in africa and i have relocated , i am also british so i didnt have to.
well all the best .
@ama i feel like gettin married to you right away kiss
thanks 4 ur post, know it's right from ur heart, i just want to know how much their start up pay is. U know man got to pay some bills, it aint easy anywhere.
U didn't answer ma questn though(how much am gwan get) but thanks a mill.

Anybody who has worked 4 dem should please tell me about their career structure and their stipends. wink
Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by corolobii(m): 12:09pm On May 18, 2010
I quite agree with Ama on her views, Mr Chairman focus more on passing the aptitude test first and then proceed to the interview stage, we are pretty many that are coming for the test, at my last count I know of 8 of my colleagues here in Scotland that will be attending, so my man, you have lots to care about now and the cash matter will be sorted out later. cheers
Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by Eggyloo: 12:59pm On May 18, 2010
@ ama27: I just couldn't help to log-in and comment on ur insightful post and the manner in which you addressed the issue.

ama27:

Hey

bros your Msc is not a big deal infact u know how many naija graduate have finished in the uk , (all u need to do is count all the friends you know)

When u get to careers in africa and see the amount of graduates there u will understand what i mean by its not a big deal , your MSc , alsoyou would know your personal circumstances in the Uk from your comments i assume you are on a student visa so its not like your options are vast

so for the rest of your visa period , ure are limited to?

well all the best .
Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by CHAIRMAN1(m): 2:25pm On May 18, 2010
Choi!
Una don d put fear 4 ma body shocked ; 8 from ur school.
Well, what is mine is mine, if na so God destin am, nobody can grab it 4rm me.
I dont care about the number that turns up, wishing everyone d best sha.

My question still is, HOW MUCH DO THEY PAY MSC HOLDERS? Someone please answer
Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by skalamanga: 3:35pm On May 18, 2010
guy, you dont get it do you?

just pass the apt test first. haba why are you so bothered about the package? it can't be worse than you think,

i like this chik's advise
Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by petroy(m): 3:36pm On May 18, 2010
Why look for pay job when you can create one.
@ poster, i am a Nigeria like you, seat down and think of what you can offer,
by so doing, you create employment for others.
To start with, first register a company or a business name.
The sky is your starting place not your limit.
Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by tobiyayo: 3:41pm On May 18, 2010
The question is : what job role were you invited for?
For most entry level in Brand management, its usually 4.7mill per annum before tax.
After tax, probably like NGN 250,000 per month.
Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by eastOFwest(m): 3:42pm On May 18, 2010
ama27:

[quote][/quote]

That's not gonna happen anytime in the nearest future. Do u know how much UK schools make from international students from Asia & Africa? In fact, the worst they'll do is make the system more stringent (ie, make sure only those who can pay all the money upfront come in). Even that will depend on if they significantly increase fees for home students, like doubling it.
Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by ATlien: 3:45pm On May 18, 2010
My people sha !. The guy asked a specific question and all of a sudden he is being offered all sorts of advice and counteradvice, everything but an answer to his question.
Bro, I do not know how much P&G pays MSc grads currently specifically, but I am pretty sure it is competive in the Nigerian climate, the question is whether or not that is enough for you.
I know for a fact that a couple of years back they were paying between 4 to 6 million naira per annum for recruits from the US.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by kadman(m): 3:47pm On May 18, 2010
CHAIRMAN

I also got invited for the P&G interview with Careers in Africa on the 28th and will go, but the truth is if the salary they are offering isn't much I'm not ready to relocate anywhere for peanuts. I know what they are paying counterparts in UK.

At the person who said the Msc isn't worth jack,that's your own business,and own Msc. I know the worth of mine.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by eastOFwest(m): 3:53pm On May 18, 2010
If na =N= 4-5 million, then e no go reach. However, if u sharp enuff u go dey make money here & there wey go dwarf dat one.

Another option is to give urself a target, say 2yrs, then try and gain some relevant experience (plus oda certifications etc) here and then go back to naija on anoda level. I know things are ruff here but naija aint a bed of roses either. There's always the option of volunteering here too to gain more experience etc.
Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by buffox: 4:07pm On May 18, 2010
Chei, una just dey kill all man hope for this careers in africa thing grin. Me and my fellow students here have chartered a coach to take to the place o, na do or die!

But yea, I feel ama27, I wonder why you are stressing MSc graduate? E dont mean nothing. P & G dont care if u have 1st class or 2.1 sef, as long as u have a bachelors and can get through their assessment stages. Even the interview is all soft skill based, only when it comes down to final selection, the MSc might be differentiating for u to get the job, but does not add unto what u get in your pay dude.

But as at last check, I know grad engineers received between 250k - 300k after tax, which is not bad in naija standards.

So tuck ur ivy league egos under your bed and pick up your A-level maths!
Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by dexymine: 4:17pm On May 18, 2010
@ Ama27,

that was such a harsh response, devoid of any hope and based on absolutely no facts.

The fact that some Nigerians find it rough (including you, possibly) after
getting their MSc degrees does not mean everyone would suffer the same fate.

I doubt if I've ever been to a recruitment event that didn't have many graduates - that will always be a fact of life, unless of course people decide to start working for themselves!

You mentioned so many baseless ideas which I'll not even dignify with a response.

All I pray is that you find happiness and don't ever think of becoming an HR person or UK grads will definitely be sorry!

@Chairman1 : I don't know how much P&G pays but what I can tell you (Which I always heard but had to learn from experience) is never follow the trail of money. Make sure the job description is something you love, can do well at and money will find you. All the best.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by Demdem(m): 4:19pm On May 18, 2010
buffox:

Chei, una just dey kill all man hope for this careers in africa thing grin. Me and my fellow students here have chartered a coach to take to the place o, na do or die!

But yea, I feel ama27, I wonder why you are stressing MSc graduate? E dont mean nothing. P & G dont care if u have 1st class or 2.1 sef, as long as u have a bachelors and can get through their assessment stages. Even the interview is all soft skill based, only when it comes down to final selection, the MSc might be differentiating for u to get the job, but does not add unto what u get in your pay dude.

But as at last check, I know grad engineers received between 250k - 300k after tax, which is not bad in naija standards.

So tuck your ivy league egos under your bed and pick up your A-level maths!

na wa ooooo. so as it is in naija so it is in UK. cry
Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by deor03(m): 4:26pm On May 18, 2010
Careers in Africa? grin grin.

You will be surprised with the number of Nigerians that will even come from Nigeria + the Nigerians in the UK.

Bro concentrate on getting through the recruitment process first before thinking about the pay,

P&G will give your more than the salary you earn in terms of broadening your experience
Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by harakiri(m): 4:27pm On May 18, 2010
I am graduate of Efik language from oxford university and i work for procter and gamble.I earn N5 billion every month.You'all should come down and share this wealth coz we are paid just too damn much for our own good.I sometimes feel we our salt ain't worth it.Nigeria is work friendly.Up PDP!

grin
Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by KGNAIRA: 4:36pm On May 18, 2010
I think you've got sufficient good advice. In Summary, Pick the one you can get now. You can begin to make choices when there are more options - They will sure come.

One last encouragement, A UK degree is still of very great value. Hold you showder high. Don't allow anyone affect your confidence negatively.

I finished from Portsmouth Business School in 2006, returned to Nigeria immediately to pick up a job and have not regreted my decision since.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by bodejohn(m): 4:39pm On May 18, 2010
Dear Chairman,
The earlier you concentrate on the test before you the better.
For your information P&G cares only about whether you a polytechnic or university grad.
All academic qualifications including your Msc qualifies you only for the aptitude test.
Pass the test (which only about 2 - 5% do) and you will be faced with series of interviews that will definitely leave you both dazed and surprised.
You will only be asked about your past experiences, if you have done it before, they belief you will be able to do it again.

The company is one of the best consumer companies in the world that you can work with.
You will get all the exposure and learn as much as your brains can accommodate.
It is going to be a lot of fun and challenge combined working with a company such as this.

About the salary, i can't say, renumeration is confidential.
But consider a 25 to 30% raise every year if you are hard working enough.
Imagine earning more than 400% of you starting base in about 4 - 5years!
The choice is yours.

Cheers
Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by nbem2008: 5:05pm On May 18, 2010
CHAIRMAN1:

I just finished my Masters in the UK and was invited for an interview by procter and gamble nigeria(they are visiting the UK for a job fair).
I wanted to know if working with them would be worth the stress after spending close to five million for my msc program here in the UK.

Please who can provide me info on how much they pay and the career path in the company for someone with an Msc. I'll appreciate any info.
Thanks.

@Chairman1
Double Congrats on completing you MSc, you've now become a bonafide asset. However, Ask Not what P&G can do for you, instead Ask and focus on what YOU can do for P&G, have this mind set and all else will work in unison to reward your efforts.

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by eros(m): 5:18pm On May 18, 2010
nbem2008:

@Chairman1
Double Congrats on completing you MSc, you've now become a bonafide asset. However, Ask Not what P&G can do for you, instead Ask and focus on what YOU can do for P&G, have this mind set and all else will work in unison to reward your efforts.

Bros in Nigeria of today, it is all about what we can get from this multi-national countries bleeding Nigeria dry. They have made more money off us, than they are giving back. So, we should find every means to bleed them dry, especially when you qualify for the job.
Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by Guyman02: 5:29pm On May 18, 2010
Why worry about P&G in Nigeria, when you can earn N45m as quarterly allowance in PDP as a senator, political appointee or Special Adviser to any Gov or minister. (get your people back home to work towards that if you need fast bucks in Naija)

Your  acquired polished British accent is more of an asset when added to your first degree than the MSC you are fronting as far as Nigerian employers are concerned.
Pass the  apt test, speak fluently during the interview like a Brit and you are there.

The start up Salary for Mid management in places like P&G is around N300k/per month after tax. I work in a similar outfit.
Cheers
Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by Elpieda: 5:29pm On May 18, 2010
I am somewhat disappointed at some of teh comments am seeing here, Do not discredit his MSc degree. he has chosen to go that far and he should be appreciated for his efforts. if companies in Nigeria do not appreciate it then thats their own loss and he should be rewarded based on his qualifications and merit. Yes previous experience matters but his education equally matters. I am currently working with a bank in the US as an internal auditor and I landed that job because of God and my masters degree, so its different strokes for different folks, His MSc may be what will separate him from the crowd, just as it did for me,

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by buffox: 6:16pm On May 18, 2010
Demdem:

na wa ooooo. so as it is in naija so it is in UK. cry

That does not go for me o. Currently on study leave so I already have a job, just trying to mix the flavour of what Ive been doing. But yea, the level of underemployed nigerians here is probably comparable, so events like these are usually an acid test of what the situation really is tongue

@ Elpieda - no one is playing down the power of his MSc ( as it wouldnt feel good for we are all holders as well), we are only being objective as the MSc relates to this specific job opportunity. Being overly optimistic that ur MSc pays you 50% more than it does the bachelors holder does not change the reality; we only hope all cases were like yours.
Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by CHAIRMAN1(m): 6:29pm On May 18, 2010
@KGnaira thanks
@harakiri- go get a life
@petrov, u need cash to create cash
God bless Elpeida, ATlien, dexymine and all those who really know and appreciate what an overseas Msc is worth.
Kudos to kadman, Buffoox and all those who were invited- we go fight am for that place, all those wey don hire bus to come London- i've contacted okija and gotten some otumokpo to cause hold up grin
@nbem2008- calm down there- man must wack.

and for all those trying to undermine the effort of getting an Msc in the UK sad sad - think again-stop hatin it aint easy.

Make una pray 4 me make i get dat job so i go fit change this our country tommorrow smiley My time to blow don come
Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by Exponental(m): 6:34pm On May 18, 2010
if apply and u are d only one chosen for the job, wont u stay if d pay suites u?
guy bone dat side. remain focus and believe in urself.
Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by buffox: 6:42pm On May 18, 2010
CHAIRMAN1:

@KGnaira thanks
@harakiri- go get a life
@petrov, u need cash to create cash
God bless Elpeida, ATlien, dexymine and all those who really know and appreciate what an overseas Msc is worth.
Kudos to kadman, Buffoox and all those who were invited- we go fight am for that place, all those wey don hire bus to come London- i've contacted okija and gotten some otumokpo to cause hold up grin
@nbem2008- calm down there- man must wack.

and for all those trying to undermine the effort of getting an Msc in the UK sad sad - think again-stop hatin it aint easy.

Make una pray 4 me make i get dat job so i go fit change this our country tommorrow smiley My time to blow don come

Yes o, we go see for there grin. But I wonder why its onl P&G CIA is inviting people for of the 278 vacancies on their site. I actually see others my experience suit so I no just know why them wan jam all ou head for the sameplace - God dey sha.
Re: How Much Does Procter And Gamble Pay Msc Holders by CHAIRMAN1(m): 6:46pm On May 18, 2010
buffox:

Yes o, we go see for there grin. But I wonder why its onl P&G CIA is inviting people for of the 278 vacancies on their site. I actually see others my experience suit so I no just know why them wan jam all ou head for the sameplace - God dey sha.
choi are we twins?
i just thought of this now, a friend of mine got a mail from a total staff some months ago dat they would be coming for d fair! but up till now i've'nt seen or heard
of any one dat was called by dem. hope dis careers stuff 4 dis yr is not a scam!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Share I.T Placement With Your Fellow Nairalanders / National Intelligence Agency Recruitment 2016. / How I Got A Job In This RECESSION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.