Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

My Book Of Inspiration - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Book Of Inspiration (6218 Views)

Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun! / My Book Of Quotes / My Book Of Rants! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Book Of Inspiration by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 22, 2010
continued. . . .
Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.

Read the directions, even if you don't follow them.

Do NOT read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly.

Be nice to your siblings;
They are the best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.

Understand that friends come and go, but for the precious few you should hold on.
Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young.

Respect your elders.

Don't expect anyone else to support you.
Maybe you have a trust fund, Maybe you have a wealthy spouse; but you never know when either one might run out.

Don't mess too much with your hair, or by the time you're 40, it will look 85.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it's worth.

But trust me everybody's free to wear sunscreen wink
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by Nobody: 3:10am On May 23, 2010
QUOTES
We are not put on earth for ourselves, we are placed here for each other. If you are always there for others, then in time of need someone will be there for you.

say' s a friend will comfort you at the end of a bumpy road, a real friend will say "i f, king told you!"

I wish you could be inside my heart so you could see how much I love you <3

it's weird to think about
how different your life would be
if you never met the people who changed it,
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by Pweety4me(f): 3:13am On May 23, 2010
9ice smiley
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by Nobody: 3:15am On May 23, 2010
^thnks smiley
more quotes
It's easier to find excuses than to find courage.

"You never realise how much you truly miss someone & love them until they're no longer here to talk to. It's the conversations you tend to miss the most."

If you must lie,lie with the one you love.If you must steal,steal away from bad company.If you must cheat,cheat death.And if you must drink,drink to the moment

Sometimes you have just got to learn to dance in the rain, even if it means getting wet smiley
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by Pweety4me(f): 3:26am On May 23, 2010
So close but so far. . .so much 2 say but not knowing how 2 say it. . .so much 2 feel but not understanding it. . .just hoping that he will realise it.
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by Nobody: 3:33am On May 23, 2010
it's only perfect if you think it is

The best risks we take in life, are not when we gamble with money or possessions, but when we're brave enough to risk our feelings,

thinks Bill Cosby said it best: If you can find humour in anything, then you can survive it.

yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery,today is a Gift ,so embrace and live life to the full ,you only have one after all !!

"When the power of love over comes the the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by Nobody: 3:51am On May 23, 2010
I was born with an incredible need for affection, and an even greater need to give it. - Audrey Hepburn
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by Nobody: 3:53am On May 23, 2010
I've learned that just because two people argue, it doesn't mean they don't love each other. And, just because they don't argue, it doesn't mean they do.
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 23, 2010
life is not about finding yourself, it is about making your self , live your life the way you want to not anyone Else's way

when i see you smile, it makes me smile, when i see you fall over it make me pmsl!

Maybe if you cant get someone out of your head they are supposed to be there & maybe you shouldnt give up on them it could turn out to be everything you wanted
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 27, 2010
There are four things you can't recover: The stone; after the throw. The word; after it's said. The occasion; after it's missed. The time; after it's gone.
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by Simonwal: 10:57pm On May 27, 2010
lovely,keep them coming
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by Youngichou(m): 12:06pm On Jun 01, 2010
na onlyu dey comment ?[flash=200,200]http://haba!!!!!!!!!!!![/flash]
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by Fancier(f): 12:30pm On Jun 01, 2010
I really love this luizword
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by eros(m): 1:23pm On Jun 01, 2010
If you find that you are doubting yourself, stop and reflect on all your past achievements. Be confident about yourself. Don't let other people erode your confidence. Successful people know that the greater their self-confidence, the greater their achievements. Don't feed your mind with negative thoughts. If you do, you will come to believe them. The secret to self-confidence is to feed your mind with positive thoughts, and surround yourself with people who give you positive support! All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The person who gets the farthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare. The sure-thing boat never gets far from shore. The mind is everything. What we think, we become. Believe while others are doubting. Believing in yourself is not for you; it's for every person who has touched your life in a significant way and for every person your life will touch the same way five minutes from now, or five centuries from now.
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by eros(m): 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2010
THE VALUE OF A WOMAN

This couldn't be said more beautifully. . . . . .

Be careful if you make a woman cry because God counts her tears. A woman came out of a mans rib, not from his feet to be walked on, not from his head to be superior over, but from his side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected and next to the heart to be loved, pass this on to all the exceptional woman that u know, and to the men too- so they know the value of a woman.
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 01, 2010
^nice. ,  am gonna add that. wink
People come and go in your life but 1 things for sure the only people that stay in your life are the ones that are important!!
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by Orikinla(m): 1:50pm On Jun 01, 2010
Poster, your soul is a fountain of wisdom.
Great souls speak great words.

Have you read The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran (1883-1930)?
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by wazobiang: 2:13pm On Jun 01, 2010
shocked were all these said by human beings.
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by kufreabasi(m): 2:23pm On Jun 01, 2010
We travel together as passengers on a little spaceship, dependent on its vulnerable reserves of air and soil; all committed for our safety to its security and peace; preserved from annihilation only by the care, the work, and I'll say the love we give our fragile craft. We cannot maintain it half fortunate, half miserable, half confident, half despairing, half slave to the ancient enemies of man, half free in liberation of resources undreamed of until this day. No craft, no crew can travel safely with such contradictions. On their resolution depends the survival of us all."
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by kufreabasi(m): 2:24pm On Jun 01, 2010
If you enter this world knowing you are loved
and you leave this world knowing the same,
then everything that happens in between
can be dealt with.
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by kufreabasi(m): 2:26pm On Jun 01, 2010
Fill each day with life and heart.
There is no pleasure in the world comparable to
the delight and satisfaction
that a good person takes in doing good.
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by kufreabasi(m): 2:27pm On Jun 01, 2010
Take hold of your own life.
See that the whole existence is celebrating.
These trees are not serious,
these birds are not serious.
The rivers and the oceans are wild,
and everywhere there is fun,
everywhere there is joy and delight.
Watch existence,
listen to the existence
and become part of it.
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by OAM4J: 4:32pm On Jun 01, 2010
like this.

Good job OP!
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by semid4lyfe(m): 7:09pm On Jun 01, 2010
Nice!
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by Kunbee: 11:00pm On Jun 01, 2010
Bazz Lurhamn is just the best. Nice work Luiz
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by shilling(f): 5:48am On Jun 02, 2010
@ luizworld
Did u type all that?
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by indie22(f): 10:10am On Jun 02, 2010
luizworld:

^thnks smiley
more quotes
It's easier to find excuses than to find courage.

"You never realise how much you truly miss someone & love them until they're no longer here to talk to. It's the conversations you tend to miss the most."
If you must lie,lie with the one you love.If you must steal,steal away from bad company.If you must cheat,cheat death.And if you must drink,drink to the moment

Sometimes you have just got to learn to dance in the rain, even if it means getting wet smiley

*sigh*

too true
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 02, 2010
shilling:

@ luizworld
Did u type all that?
Not all of them are mine, i got some of them from books, songs,and movies smiley
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 02, 2010
Sometimes your pushed too far and you have no choice but to do what you have avoided all along
Alan R. Christovao

Time heals all wounds… regardless of how you feel right now.

Take lots of pictures. Someday you’ll be really glad you did

If you let something go and it does not come back it was not yours to begin with, If you let something go and it returns it is truly yours.

life is not about how fast we can reach the top of the mountain, But how well we absorb the beauty of the path that takes us there,
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by snthesis(m): 3:20pm On Jun 02, 2010
sum1 needs help!
luizworld watever u do suicide isnt d way. grin
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 02, 2010
snthesis:

sum1 needs help!
luizworld watever u do suicide isnt d way. grin
i dont understand u
Re: My Book Of Inspiration by shilling(f): 8:16am On Jun 03, 2010
luizworld:

Not all of them are mine, i got some of them from books, songs,and movies smiley

I know that, but you typed all that in your computer, wow!! Must have taken years smiley.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why We Celebrate D.O Fagunwa Annually —wole Adedoyin / MY ADMISSION DIARY: The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro Admission Story. / IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.