Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,531 members, 7,801,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! (9902 Views)

Omoyele Sowore,The Founder Of Sahara Reporters(photos) / SEE Church Where All Members Worship God Naked. / Photos: Could This Be The Skeleton Of A Giant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by Abagworo(m): 12:36am On May 16, 2010
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2010/may/16/newsbreak-16-05-2010-001.htm

The founder’s skeleton

Has the world eventually entered the “last days” as prophesied in the Bible, the holy book for Christians? Maybe, if the activities of some so-called Christians are anything to go by. According to II Timothy 3-7: “In the last days, perilous times shall come.

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good.”

The holy book further states that in the last days, men would have a form of godliness, but deny the power thereof and men will ever be learning, and will never be able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
The story is hardly believable but it is true that about five years after the death of a pastor, members of his church still worship his skeleton because of their faith in the efficacy of his powers.
To members of the church, late Jacob Adebayo Oladele, who was the founder, Millennium Gospel Church (MGC), remains powerful even in death.

In February 2010, the police stormed the premises of MGC located at an abandoned aerodrome in a vast forest at Egbedore Local Government Area of Osun State, following a tip-off by the monarch of the town, Alayemoore of Ido-Osun, Oba Adedapo Adeniyi Sapoyoro. The monarch, who said the palace had been inundated with series of allegations of high-handedness and weird worship style of the church members, led a team alongside the police to the church where a purported skeleton of the church’s founder was recovered.

The police arrested 15 suspects while people of the town warned the church members never to return to the land, which belongs to the government. Sunday Sun gathered that five of the suspects are still standing trial at an Osogbo Magistrate Court. Members of the church however insist that they are not ritualists and never killed anybody or performed any ritual in the church.

One of those standing trial, Mrs  Florence Oluwaloni Oladele, who is the deputy founder said: “We are not ritualists. We worship our Lord Jesus Christ like every Christian. The skeleton belongs to our founder. Truth shall prevail and we will be vindicated. This is a test of our faith and members should be steadfast and more prayerful.”

Head, Pathology Department at the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Teaching Hospital (LAUTECHTH), Dr Akinwumi Komolafe, confirmed the presence of the skeleton in the morgue, but said the police did not present a request for tests to be carried out on the skeleton. He said the hospital authorities would keep the skeleton until it receives further directive from the police.

It was however gathered that some of the church members have been visiting the mortuary in order to worship the late founder who they described as their Messiah. “Before stopping them from coming to see the skeleton, some who came were practically worshipping the skeleton. They rolled on the ground, shouting his name, weeping, wailing and appealing to him to answer their prayers. They are fanatical about him and if care is not taken and the skeleton remains in the mortuary more than necessary, they may go wild and take steps to recover it. The mortuary needs more security,” a source at the hospital warned.?

When contacted, the Osun State Commissioner of Police, Solomon Olusegun, said the “case is in court.”
But a police source said: “The skeleton may soon be released to the members since nobody had come forward with a claim that his/her relation was missing.”

“Apart from the skeleton, police did not find any other human or animal part at the church. Initially, we were made to believe that more bodies were going to be recovered from the church like that of the infamous Okija Shrine. None was found apart from the skeleton. However, all theories pointed to the fact that the skeleton belongs to the church founder. You know how fanatical some people could be with living or dead founder of their faith.

“The skeleton will soon be released for burial. At least, the man should be allowed to rest in peace. We still appeal to people who may have contrary information about the church to volunteer it to the police.”
At press time, police authorities were in confusion over what to do with the skeleton even as the hospital management anxiously awaited the collection of late Adebayo’s skeleton for burial because according to them, “the mortuary is meant for dead bodies and not skeleton.
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by Osama10(m): 12:43am On May 16, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by neily(f): 4:10am On May 16, 2010
Wonders shall never end, worship a skeleton? This is a psychic problem.
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by CyberG: 6:52am On May 16, 2010
99% of this "problem" is caused by illiteracy, poverty and ancillary reasons! Naija! Mehn. . .I tire ooo grin grin grin
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by nethacker(m): 7:28am On May 16, 2010
first of its kind shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by metalgong5(m): 7:47am On May 16, 2010
nethacker:

first of its kind shocked shocked shocked shocked

Why are you pretending as if you have not been to the church . . . . . . .
This kind of devilish church can easily be found in Yorubaland.
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by ElRazur: 8:04am On May 16, 2010
To all you muppets trying to turn this into a tribalism fiasco, abeg commot.

What is the difference between this and any other form of belief? Seriously what is the difference?

Jesus died long time ago - He is still being worship and prayed to by millions around the world. Heck they even believe he rose from the dead.

Muhammed died ages ago, yet, billion use his names in prayers. Heck, some emulate their lifestyle after him by marrying under age girls etc.

Millions of pilgrimage in India whip themselves with hard whips until they bleed and no one raises an eye brow.

So please tell me, how is this different from any form of belief?

We are quick to castigate others, but is it even fair or right?

Who are we to tell them what they belief in or not? Sure it may be wrong from a social norm to keep a skeleton, but I see no difference from how this differs from any other form of belief to be honest.
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by edoyad(m): 9:10am On May 16, 2010
^^ Nigerians and their proclivity to worship god or anything. They don't care what the message or ideology is but they still must worship god and he will bring about a better life for us all.
God dey
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by doyin13(m): 9:19am On May 16, 2010
lol. . .But is this strictly a poverty/illiteracy issue?

Many cults in the western world have amongst
their members well educated and sucessful people.
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by ElRazur: 9:27am On May 16, 2010
edoyad:

^^ Nigerians and their proclivity to worship god or anything. They don't care what the message or ideology is but they still must worship god and he will bring about a better life for us all.
God dey

It is a characteristic that is forever seen in developing nations.

Also, there is this mentality where people of different religion look down on one another and think their religion is the best out of all, and others are nothing but idol worshippers.

Lol @ God dey lol.

doyin13:

lol. . .But is this strictly a poverty/illiteracy issue?

Many cults in the western world have amongst
their members well educated and sucessful people.

I am of the belief that illiteracy plays a big part.

If people have basic faciliites like decent education, electiricty, water, shelter, food and good social life, I am of the belief that it will have a negative impact on the numbers of those attending places of worship - be it mosque, church, shrine etc.
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 16, 2010
Our hypocrisy knows no bound. What is the difference between them and those worshipping clogged saint blood, Shroud of Purin, the bones of Fr Tansie, Bones of other saints, burial places of self acclaimed saints.
Religion starts and ends with belief and no man should be forcefully alienated from his belief no matter how weird it may be. Since they did not commit murder nor anything against the law of the country, I do not see anything strange about them. The good, the bad and the ugly in any religion solely depends on the belief and inclination of the viewer.
All religion comes with a "Viewer Discretion Advised" tag
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by ElRazur: 5:47pm On May 16, 2010
^^ But that is what I just said. Copy cat.

grin
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by edoyad(m): 7:50pm On May 16, 2010
@topic hope you know there're people who'd end your over 72 virgins, let's leave those guys alone they're hurting no one grin

@elrazur why don't you join me in my new religion. grin grin We'll worship either Seun, kosovo, aisha2 or just plain old Nairaland ROTF grin
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 16, 2010
We re getting there in this country when someday peeps will start worshiping their pastor's poo-poo,
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by Abagworo(m): 9:17pm On May 16, 2010
Head, Pathology Department at the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Teaching Hospital (LAUTECHTH), Dr Akinwumi Komolafe, confirmed the presence of the skeleton in the morgue, but said the police did not present a request for tests to be carried out on the skeleton. He said the hospital authorities would keep the skeleton until it receives further directive from the police.

It was however gathered that some of the church members have been visiting the mortuary in order to worship the late founder who they described as their Messiah. “Before stopping them from coming to see the skeleton, some who came were practically worshipping the skeleton. They rolled on the ground, shouting his name, weeping, wailing and appealing to him to answer their prayers. They are fanatical about him and if care is not taken and the skeleton remains in the mortuary more than necessary, they may go wild and take steps to recover it. The mortuary needs more security,” a source at the hospital warned.?

maybe i'm the only sane nigerian left.
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by Osama10(m): 9:20pm On May 16, 2010
mydreamz:

We re getting there in this country when someday peeps will start worshiping their pastor's poo-poo,

Some are already doing it I bet you on that. grin
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 16, 2010
Osama10:

Some are already doing it I bet you on that. grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by Tudor6(f): 9:31pm On May 16, 2010
Abegi. . . . Soon we'll see these deluded bible kissers coming here to make fun of these skeleton worshippers.

Wats the difference between those worshipping a skeleton n diefying a dead jewish carpenter whoz been dead and decayed for 2000 years?

Its like two mad men at yaba-left laughing at each other pointing fingers and calling one another mad.
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by desgiezd(m): 9:43pm On May 16, 2010
When one fails to recognise and hold on to what one believes, then there is a danger of one believeing whatever is thrusted at one's laps.

Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by edoyad(m): 10:04pm On May 16, 2010
This is what i worship these days

Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by ElRazur: 10:45pm On May 16, 2010
edoyad:

@elrazur why don't you join me in my new religion. grin grin We'll worship either Seun, kosovo, aisha2 or just plain old Nairaland ROTF grin

grin

Seun ain't big enough. Having said that, Kosovo is one of his worshippers. grin
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by bawomolo(m): 12:33am On May 17, 2010
but scientologists are pretty smart.

the problem can't be solely illiteracy
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by ElRazur: 12:46am On May 17, 2010
bawomolo:

but scientologists are pretty smart.

the problem can't be solely illiteracy

Yes there are other factors, but in Nigeria's case proper education will have a major impact in my opinion.
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by Kobojunkie: 12:58am On May 17, 2010
ElRazur:

To all you muppets trying to turn this into a tribalism fiasco, abeg commot.

What is the difference between this and any other form of belief? Seriously what is the difference?

Jesus died long time ago - He is still being worship and prayed to by millions around the world. Heck they even believe he rose from the dead.
Muhammed died ages ago, yet, billion use his names in prayers. Heck, some emulate their lifestyle after him by marrying under age girls etc.

Millions of pilgrimage in India whip themselves with hard whips until they bleed and no one raises an eye brow.

So please tell me, how is this different from any form of belief?

We are quick to castigate others, but is it even fair or right?

Who are we to tell them what they belief in or not? Sure it may be wrong from a social norm to keep a skeleton, but I see no difference from how this differs from any other form of belief to be honest.

Ok!!! Stop right there. There is a difference between this and worshipping men who died thousands of years ago and there bones were never really found. These folks risk exposure to disease!! I mean come on, worshipping the remains of a dead man, in a Nigerian setting, I would guess they even go as far as to TOUCH the bones and then go home to eat eba with the rest of the family with those hands. You might have even shaked some of those hands yourself . . . . o ti, mba, no no , it is not the same. And these people need to be educated on better ways to worship their leader, unless anyone here can solidly state that the bones/body is clean of disease  . . . . ROFLMAO!!
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by Cohomology: 1:01am On May 17, 2010
Worship any nonsense you want to worship, but just don't infringe on the rights of "others" as you carry on with your stupidity.
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by ElRazur: 1:04am On May 17, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Ok!!! Stop right there. There is a difference between this and worshipping men who died thousands of years ago and there bones were never really found. These folks risk exposure to disease!! I mean come on, worshipping the remains of a dead man, in a Nigerian setting, I would guess they even go as far as to TOUCH the bones and then go home to eat eba with the rest of the family with those hands . . . . o ti, mba, no no , it is not the same. And these people need to be educated on better ways to worship their leader, unless anyone here can solidly state that the bones/body is clean of disease . . . . ROFLMAO!!

I have stated that it may not be the norm, but if is their belief good on them.

As it stand I am not sure anyone have caught anything as a result. smiley

Also the power of the mind can be a powerful one. smiley
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by Kenezi: 1:16am On May 17, 2010
This is idolatry so yeah, there is quite a big difference between this and other beliefs but you can pretend otherwise if you want to. The United States has a 99% literacy rate and 75% of them claim to be Christian, so reading won't change very much.
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by Kobojunkie: 1:16am On May 17, 2010
ElRazur:

I have stated that it may not be the norm, but if is their belief good on them.

As it stand I am not sure anyone have caught anything as a result. smiley

Also the power of the mind can be a powerful one. smiley

I said nothing about the belief itself . . .  More the acts involved that could be potentially hazardous to other members of the society.
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by ElRazur: 1:21am On May 17, 2010
Kenezi:

This is idolatry so yeah, there is quite a big difference between this and other beliefs but you can pretend otherwise if you want to. The United States has a 99% literacy rate and 75% of them claim to be Christian, so reading won't change very much.

Who says it is? Or is this something instilled into you by your own religion?

Yes Education empowers the mind, and while it may not completely eradicate some behaviour, it will go a long way in making an impact.

By the way, your figures do really mean anything. smiley
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by bawomolo(m): 5:05am On May 17, 2010
Kenezi:

american christians are pretty secular besides the ones in deep south who aren't known for having the best public school system.
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by Kenezi: 1:42pm On May 17, 2010
Er no, it's idolatry by simple definition. They are worshipping an object, whether it's bones, wood or rock, it's idolatry.
Education empowers the mind, fine. Education can wipe out behaviour or strengthen it. Anyone can be educated in anything, what do you want to "educate" Nigerians in to eradicate bone worshipping? I'd like to know.

By a European standard American Christians aren't secular at all. They are quite fundamentalist due to Puritan backgrounds.
Re: Church Where Founder's Skeleton Is Worshiped Lwkmd! by maxtop(m): 3:07pm On May 17, 2010
grin grin grin, Perhaps they want to reincarnate the founder. Na wah ooo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We’ll Be Ruthless Against Any Pro-biafra Protest In Lagos – Army / "That Igbo Boy"- Wike To Rivers APC Chieftain Chief Chukwuemeka Eze / You Are Champion Of The Masses, El-Rufai Eulogizes Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.