Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L (29745 Views)

Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, They Want Everything Free, Buhari Tells Commonwealth / A Lot Of Nigerian Youths Haven’t Been To School — Buhari Tells Commonwealth / Allow Homosexuality In Your Country – Theresa May Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by dre11(m): 1:36pm On Apr 20, 2018
by Mayowa Tijani

British Prime Minister Theresa May says the young people of the Commonwealth, leading the youth forum and participating in other activities, have inspired the heads of government.

The prime minister said this while speaking at the first meeting of Commonwealth heads of government at Queen Elizabeth’s home in Windsor, United Kingdom.

“Good morning everyone and welcome to Windsor castle. I think in the best Commonwealth tradition, in the intimacy and privacy of our retreat today,” she said.

“First of all, I like to thank Her Majesty, the Queen for her generous invitation into her home, the first time I think the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting has been held here in the remarkable history of this building.

“I am also struck by the number of heads of government we have assembled here today. That is a powerful demonstration of our commitment to revitalise the Commonwealth and to tap into its vast potential.

“I think I speak for everyone in the room when I say we have all been inspired by what we’ve seen and heard, particularly from our young people.”

May went on to say the onus now lies on the heads of government to build on what was presented by the discussions from the women, business, people and youth forums.

“Yesterday, we spoke about the shared challenges as we strive to build a more sustainable, a more prosperous, a more secure and a fairer Commonwealth.

“And today is a chance to build on that, to talk frankly, and openly with the tradition of the Commonwealth Heads of Government retreat.”

After her opening speech, the leaders began a “closed-door” meeting for “frank” deliberations, which May said would make the leaders “even closer friends” by the end of the week.

The meeting was attended by President Muhammadu Buhari and all the heads of state present at CHOGM 2018.

https://www.thecable.ng/weve-particularly-inspired-youths-theresa-may-tells-commonwealth-leaders

lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by dre11(m): 1:39pm On Apr 20, 2018
But our grandpa says otherwise here....

Can't those head of state borrow our grandpa small brain to understand how to be Stateman and president

249 Likes 21 Shares

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by royallord1(m): 1:41pm On Apr 20, 2018
grin

7 Likes

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by Edunwa302(m): 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2018
Chai!! Is PMB still in lodon?

146 Likes 9 Shares

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by purem(m): 1:45pm On Apr 20, 2018
dre11:
But our grandpa says otherwise here....

Can't those head of state borrow our grandpa small brain to understand how to be Stateman and president

Wetin dis man dey talk sef?

Only u post news kom still dey drag FTC wit us again

Which kyn tin b dat na, u no dey tire?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by Kennyfancy(m): 1:48pm On Apr 20, 2018
PVC IS the solution

126 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 20, 2018
This is how leaders talk. Diplomatically.

154 Likes 10 Shares

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by Nukilia: 1:58pm On Apr 20, 2018
PMB went off-script and that is terrible for the nation. BUHARI must be retired by force!

170 Likes 12 Shares

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by Liliyann(f): 2:00pm On Apr 20, 2018
Nigerians are reaping their reward!
This is what you get by voting an illiterate as president

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by CodeTemplar: 2:01pm On Apr 20, 2018
Buhari disgraced me.
The same youths that helped him kill southern corpers in 2011 and got him in via multiple PVCs in 2015.
They even take tramadol to farm and work 8 hours straight.
Some even trekked for him from Lagos to Abuja.
Some slept on mango tree until he was eventually swore in.
Some crossed the sahara to Europe just to do hard labour.
Some posted 60 comments a day on SM to get him elected.

104 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by RareDiamonds: 2:26pm On Apr 20, 2018
This is how a leader of a country should speak of his citizen's youth. Buhari's lack of knowledge, gross incompetence and evil mindedness have made him to use any opportunity to speak offered to him abroad, to run down and demarket his country and her citizens before world political and business leaders as well as make several unintelligent, misguided and provocative statements.

What a Shame !!!

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 2:28pm On Apr 20, 2018
What can I say but that Buhari is a dullard ?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by dodelight(m): 2:44pm On Apr 20, 2018
Now that's a leader with sense talking, not one goro chewing nepotistic leader.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by surgical: 2:46pm On Apr 20, 2018
Liliyann:
Nigerians are reaping there reward! This is what you get by voting an illiterate as president!
. NEPA certificate.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by nnachukz(m): 7:04pm On Apr 20, 2018
In 1984 when he was the head of state he called Nigerians many unprintable names outside Nigeria. The problem is that many never cared to check this man's past records on their own before shouting Sai Baba and subsequently voting him in.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by flokii: 7:11pm On Apr 20, 2018
PMB should take note..

You can't publicly ridicule people and expect them to clap for you.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by ojmaroni247(m): 7:15pm On Apr 20, 2018
Lol

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by BruncleZuma: 8:17pm On Apr 20, 2018
grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 20, 2018
Very early this morning there was heavy rain in Lagos.
I went to work under that rain. As I jostle from bus stop to bus stop, I met hundreds of youths going to work too. And I saw some other youths trying to set up their shops and markets under this rain.
From Pen Cinema to my office I thought I wont get a bike. But there they were, in their usual aplomb, most of them in their 20s and mid 30s, ready to work under the heavy rain.
And yet, our dear President went to London to proclaim us "Lazy"!

Okay, if our Oil money is not meant to give us free education, free healthcare and Housing schemes, what is the Oil money meant for
Oh let me guess, it is meant to buy Power Bike for Yusuf Buhari and when he ride dirty and hit his head, the oil money is meant to fly him to Germany.
I can't believe this is what I have been voting for this since 2011!

125 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 8:18pm On Apr 20, 2018
But not to Buhari; "his" youths are lazy and illiterates who sleep all day and depends only on the government, like he ever has the statistical numbers of how many entrepreneurs south west have produced over the years.
Not talking about the eastern youths who indulges in all kinds of legal and illegal businesses just to make end means.

Buhari you are MAD!!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by omocalabar(m): 8:18pm On Apr 20, 2018
Since yesterday ve been feeling so lazy....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by BlackHatNaija: 8:18pm On Apr 20, 2018
Dear Prime Minister Theresa May,

It's unfortunate to acknowledge that my president was under your opening speech but he think otherwise. He actually thinks his country youths are lazy.

As it stands, the government in my country is not inspired by the youths. The same youths that voted them into power in 2015.

May I declare my displeasure as an hardworking Nigerian youth.

And on behalf of the youths in my country, I would say we're not disappointed by such statement. We would only be wise with our PVC in 2019.

Yours sincerely,

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by OboOlora(f): 8:18pm On Apr 20, 2018
Difference between a leader and a cattle rearer

I don’t care what it takes, I must fly down next year to vote that bastard son of a beech out of power.

That’s if he’s still alive sef.

Oloriburuku!!!

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by LastSurvivor11: 8:19pm On Apr 20, 2018
I think the task of sending buhari back to daura should be a national movement by all peace loving and patriotic Nigerians..

His election as a president has brought us nothing but hunger, job loss, high exchange rate, DEATHS, scarcity of what we used to have, high price of barely everything and now it has come to insulting people that is paying him and his family salary. Same people that send him and his LAZY son to London for treatment..

To be frank, his leadership doesn't inspire hope..
No hope..

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by OldBeer: 8:19pm On Apr 20, 2018
Nairalanders pls forgive me.

I was among those that campaigned for this vulture in power.

Since last year I have been doing penance and going to mass, asking God to forgive me for voting Buhari.

But yet... I cannot forgive myself.

Pls I humbly plead that you all contribute money so I can go to Vatican and get forgiveness from the Pope.

Edakun o!

Save a soul from purgatory.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by dictbennie(m): 8:20pm On Apr 20, 2018
That's how leaders talk!!! Buhari is an illiterate.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by Flexherbal(m): 8:20pm On Apr 20, 2018
She said:
“I think I speak for everyone in the room when I say we have all been inspired by what we’ve seen and heard, particularly from our young people.”

Our president thinks otherwise.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by deepwater(f): 8:20pm On Apr 20, 2018
Bubu come and learn ooo

4 Likes

Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by jose4shizzle: 8:21pm On Apr 20, 2018
But the reverse is the case here. Check my signature for your hacked dating accounts.
Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by trapQ: 8:21pm On Apr 20, 2018
cheesy
Re: We’ve Been Particularly Inspired By Our Youths, Theresa May Tells Commonwealth L by GrammarNazi1(m): 8:21pm On Apr 20, 2018
Liliyann:
Nigerians are reaping there reward!
This is what you get by voting an illiterate as president!
...their...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Detain EndSARS Protests Whatsapp Group Administrators In Osun / Saheed Balogun Joins Mini-walk Taking Place In Jos For Tinubu/Shettima (Photos) / Tribunal Orders Substituted Service On Obaseki, APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.