Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,844 members, 7,806,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" (36929 Views)

Professor Richard Akindele Jailed Over OAU Sex For Marks (Photo) / OAU Sex For Marks: What Monica Osagie Told Panel – Counsel / Monica Osetobe Osagie Is The Student In Sex For Marks Scandal – OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by 40ng: 2:35pm On Apr 20, 2018
@APROKOGIRL

Monica Osetobe Osagie, who was named earlier today by the Obafemi Awolowo University, as the the female voice in the viral Sex-For-Mark tape has denied being invited by the Committee set up by the Obafemi Awolowo University.

In a telephone conversation with an online medium, Osetobe, said she was never contacted by the school officials.

According to her, “The management didn’t contact me. If they did, i would have honour them”.

Recall the Obafemi Awolowo University had on Thursday morning, released statement claiming, the female voice owner of the Sex-For-Mark conversation has been identified, as Monica Osetobe, who was contacted, but failed to show up.

The Vice-Chancellor of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, has received and considered the interim report of the Committee set up to investigate the allegation of sexual harassment revealed in a leaked audio recording.

In the interim report submitted to the Vice Chancellor, Professor Eyitope Ogunbodede, Professor Richard I. Akindele, of the Department of Management and Accounting, is now established to be the lecturer in the controversial “marks for sex” audio recording. The female voice has also been identified
as that of Miss Monica Osetobe OSAGIE, a Postgraduate Student on the Master of Business Administration Regular programme.

Although the Investigative Committee had invited both Professor Richard I. Akindele and Miss Osagie, only Professor Akindele had appeared before the Committee, while Miss Osagie is yet to appear or make
any representation.

The report indicated that many other witnesses appeared before the Committee and gave useful evidence. The University is making efforts to ensure that Miss Osagie appears before the investigative committee so that it can hear her side of the case and promptly submit its final report.

The Committee observed that a prima facie case of inappropriate relationship with the female student had been established against Professor Richard I. Akindele. The Vice-Chancellor, having carefully and dispassionately considered the report, also came to the conclusion that a prima facie case of serious misconduct had been established.

Having regard to the gravity of the offence for which Professor Richard I. Akindele is found to be prima facie liable, the Vice-Chancellor, in line with the Code of Conduct for the University Community and acting under all the laws and regulations of the University enabling him in that regard, has directed that Professor Richard I. Akindele be suspended forthwith from the University, pending the final determination of the disciplinary case against him.

While Reading The Nations , I Learnt that

Under the provisions of the relevant Statute of the University, an academic staff can only be dismissed from service or have his or her appointment terminated only when the matter on which consideration is being given has been investigated by a Joint Council and Senate Committee, and the staff has appeared before the committee with his or her counsel, if so desired. This procedure is the minimum requirement of the law and regulations of the University.

It should therefore be noted that the suspension of Professor Richard Akindele is on the basis of the findings of the Investigative Committee that he is prima facie liable, and this decision will abide, pending the final determination of the case by the Council of the University.

We will like to reiterate that OAU will continue to do everything legally and morally acceptable in pursuance of its avowed commitment to zero tolerance for sexual harassment, intimidation and, or coercion.

BY APROKO GIRL : https://aprokogirl.com/2353/oau-sex-for-marks-i-was-never-invited-by-the-committee-monica-osagie/

cc; lalasticlala

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by 40ng: 2:36pm On Apr 20, 2018

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 2:37pm On Apr 20, 2018
Awon oloshi wan cover up for that rap ist

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 20, 2018
u were not invited? u saw it all over social media. u knew it concerned u and your future but u were waiting for Iv abi? u r very wise. as for the school, I believe they put out a notice for the person to come forward cos I remember reading a post that sid nobody has come forward as regards the issue. anyway with or without u the man will pay for his sins.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by BlackPantherxXx: 3:50pm On Apr 20, 2018
I sincerely doubt she would reap the rewards she anticipated.

Sexual harassment is very bad but so is begging for marks you don't merit.

If you are deliberately failed...take it to the Senate and request for your scripts.

The randy lecturer and the manipulative 0losho are both guilty angry

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by inoki247: 4:27pm On Apr 20, 2018
go join ApC. Dey will epp u out of ur corruption case...

3 Likes

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by charlydamianpat(m): 4:28pm On Apr 20, 2018
OK
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by BlackHatNaija: 4:28pm On Apr 20, 2018
Now that's drama.
It's a known fact that when there's an outcry like this, schools will try to deny it. If they cannot deny it because it went viral, they will try to silence it.
At the end, the student/victim always lose out.

I was wondering why she won't honor the invitation of the school on the previous thread. It's obvious her testimony will be more damaging to OAU. So they lied.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:28pm On Apr 20, 2018
wink
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by Billionboi: 4:28pm On Apr 20, 2018
Yaya gal
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by igctrader: 4:28pm On Apr 20, 2018
That girl CANNOT graduate from that school.

17 Likes

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 20, 2018
OneSentence:
u were not invited? u saw it all over social media. u knew it concerned u and your future but u were waiting for Iv abi? u r very wise. as for the school, I believe they put out a notice for the person to come forward cos I remember reading a post that sid nobody has come forward as regards the issue. anyway with or without u the man will pay for his sins.
Even if she read it on social media, she wasn't invited means she wasn't.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by Adebowhales(m): 4:28pm On Apr 20, 2018
Na cultists go treat this girl fucck up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by CandidNotes: 4:29pm On Apr 20, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:
I sincerely doubt she would reap the rewards for she anticipated.

If you are deliberately failed...take it to the Senate and request for your scripts.

That call was a set up. She needed to set a trap by working on his psyche...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by daviesblaze(m): 4:29pm On Apr 20, 2018
But dem say you no gree reveal your identity na grin cheesy
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by hisgrace090: 4:29pm On Apr 20, 2018
Any teacher/lecturer that start seeing all female student as an avenue for free sex is doomed.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by gbegudujo: 4:30pm On Apr 20, 2018
Good
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:30pm On Apr 20, 2018
OneSentence:

If I go and ask a lecturer what can be done about my bad grades...I have committed a crime?
By what legal statute exactly?

She committed no crime. It's left for the lecturer to refuse her and send her on her way. The burden of action lies 100% on the lecturer.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by gbegudujo: 4:31pm On Apr 20, 2018
Good but I like the way OAU mgt handled the case.

1 Like

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by hisgrace090: 4:31pm On Apr 20, 2018
igctrader:

If they do as you talk, means there is no human in this country.

6 Likes

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by deji17: 4:31pm On Apr 20, 2018
Monica Lewinsky don end Mr Lecturer career. Professor don spoil him own career with him third leg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arzn4kBOxJI

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by Pavore9: 4:33pm On Apr 20, 2018
The Ugandan university swiftly dealt with similar issue while OAU is busy dragging its feet.

8 Likes

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by Hier(m): 4:33pm On Apr 20, 2018
deji17:
Monica Lewinsky don end Mr Lecturer career. Professor don spoil him own career with him third leg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arzn4kBOxJI

looooool

2 Likes

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by Rakiticbarca: 4:33pm On Apr 20, 2018
G
Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by Ayoswit(f): 4:33pm On Apr 20, 2018
K

1 Like

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by scribble: 4:33pm On Apr 20, 2018
Bastard oau should have protected her identiry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by MrBigiman: 4:35pm On Apr 20, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:
I sincerely doubt she would reap the rewards for she anticipated.

This is the part sad part, and why I hate feminism. Why not get punished also for begging for marks. What was she expecting when disturbing a male for marks if not sex. It's didn't turn out well and at her terms, so she decided to victimize him

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 4:36pm On Apr 20, 2018
something isn't adding up about this story because I don't understand why this lady is afraid of coming out

1 Like

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by drey076(m): 4:38pm On Apr 20, 2018
I guess the university is trying to cover that prof

3 Likes

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by marvin906(m): 4:38pm On Apr 20, 2018
this girl own don finish
last last dere go treat her fvck up
unless nor be naija she dey

3 Likes

Re: OAU Sex For Marks: Monica Osagie Speaks, "I Was Never Invited By The Committee" by madgoat(m): 4:40pm On Apr 20, 2018
igctrader:
Definitely she wont. They might even decide probe her previous grades and her undergraduate grades if thats where she graduated from.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Top Reasons Why Some Girls Go Into Campus Runs. My Experience / Ayomide Adeoye Enrolled Into Avi-cenna International School, G.R.A, Ikeja / Outstanding Result In Waec: What Does It Mean And When Shall It Be Released?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.