Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,870 members, 7,798,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Opinion ;who is The worst Performing Minister Since PMB Assumes Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion ;who is The worst Performing Minister Since PMB Assumes Office (618 Views)

Joana Nnazua Assumes Office, Pledges Effective Ministry / The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? / Joy Ezechikamnayo Assumes Office As Governor Of Abia, Okezie Ikpeazu Hands Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion ;who is The worst Performing Minister Since PMB Assumes Office by Daniel058(m): 3:05pm On Apr 20, 2018
According to you who is the worst Performing Minister in Nigeria since PMB became Nigeria President.

To me its no other person than Minister of information and culture,Alhaji Lai Mohammed.

What do you think??
Now read this
Following the heated interview granted by the Nigerian Information Minister, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, recently on The Osasu Show wherein he demanded that any Nigerian citizen with facts backing the claim that he has told lies or ‘little white lies’ to protect the interest of the Muhammadu Buhari-APC led government should step forward, a Nigerian social media user on Nairaland has chronicled some of what she describes as many of the Information minister’s lies.

She took to her social media page to detail with dates when and what was said which was considered a lie in her opinion.

She wrote

Campaign Recantations

[b] It was Lai Mohammed who told Nigerians the promises of the APC during the election were actually not from the APC. The APC denied its key presidential campaign documents: “My Covenant with Nigerians” and “One Hundred Things Buhari Will Do in 100 Days.” Buhari himself presents one of the documents in the first person, saying: “The covenant is derived from the manifesto of my party, the All Progressives Congress. It however represents my pledge to you all when I become your president.”

But once he became president, Mohammed denied them. He swore that: “Buhari never promised to do anything in 100 days, that’s the honest truth.” However, when APC Senators were forced to vote against their own campaign promise to provide N5,00 monthly to 25 million unemployed Nigerians, Mohammed declared that the government already has 1.4 trillion naira recovered from banks through the TSA ready to fulfil the promise. He said we should expect it in the 2016 budget.

These are his words: “The non-implementation of the payment policy so far is due to the fact that it was not included in the 2015 budget. The Muhammadu Buhari administration has been busy putting in place measures that will make it possible to start the implementation of this project.”

This has turned out as usual to be another tissue of lies. The 2016 budget was announced, and there was nothing about the N5000 stipend for the 25 million unemployed.

4 FEC absence April for the third time.

“The President chose today to rest, he was in his office yesterday, which you all reported. Really!!!!!!

5. PMB isn’t sick sometime in Feb after the FEC meeting

Lai told members of the Broadcasting Organization of Nigeria that the administration of President Buhari is “ready to feed 5.5 million school children once daily”. This is a lie.

The administration of President Buhari was not ready to feed any 5.5 million school children once daily, which explains why its school-feeding programme crashed few weeks after it took off.

Ramadan lecture, Kwara state, July 2nd 2015
Lai told his audience that “in a couple of days the ministerial cabinet list” of President Muhammadu Buhari “would be made available”. This turned out to be a lie.

The ministerial list wasn’t made available “in a couple of days”, rather it was close to three months thereafter when the first list of ministerial nominees was received by the Senate.

Channels TV Interview, Wednesday June 1st 2016

Lai blamed Boko Haram for rising cost of tomato in the country, noting that the increase in market price of tomato “is a direct result of the fact” that the country “lost two years harvest to Boko Haram insurgency”. This is a lie.

Lai’s colleague and federal minister of agriculture, Audu Ogbeh had earlier explained that the invasion and consequent destruction of tomato fruits in tomato farms in some six tomato-producing states by a pest,
Tuta absoluta was responsible for the fall in supply of tomato which in turn drove up its market price.

Thursday December 29 2016

In a statement in Lagos, Lai said that a former federal permanent secretary at the Ministry of Power who retired from office recently bolted away with 40 brand new SUVs and other vehicles. This is fake news.

Liberty Radio and Television, May 6 2016

While trying to justify Buhari’s globetrotting, Lai claimed that Buhari is getting invite from world leaders because “they have the confidence to discuss with” him “the issue of the looted funds”, citing his invitation to the 2016 so-called anti-corruption summit in London. This is a lie.

May 3rd 2016.

National Assembly. there’s a masquerade in the south east that takes a 100 people to dress and 100 people to UnCloth. my south eastern brethren I am looking for job

May 3rd NASS.

What we have in Nigeria are tourist sites not tourist attractions. Biko! scrambling of an inefficient minister trying to justify his uselessness

Oct 2016.

Missing girls were not swapped for Boko Haram commanders. [/b]
Re: Opinion ;who is The worst Performing Minister Since PMB Assumes Office by Sibrah: 3:12pm On Apr 20, 2018
Uncle Audu Ogbeh.
Re: Opinion ;who is The worst Performing Minister Since PMB Assumes Office by Omololu2121: 3:13pm On Apr 20, 2018
Fashola

I don't have light for up to 10 hours in a day,the last time I enjoyed power supply in Nigeria was during the tenure of yaradua.
During the tenure of GEJ this is what fashola said,so that's why I'm choosing him as the most useless minister

My top 5 is
1-babatunde raji fashola

2-muhammudu buhari(minister of petroleum)

3-abduralman dambazau(minister of interior)

4-dan Ali(minister of defence) not sure of his name

5-audu ogbeh(minister of agriculture)

Re: Opinion ;who is The worst Performing Minister Since PMB Assumes Office by Mogidi: 3:25pm On Apr 20, 2018
The minister of petroleum, Muhammadu Buhari.
Re: Opinion ;who is The worst Performing Minister Since PMB Assumes Office by tafabaloo(m): 3:27pm On Apr 20, 2018
Op,your question should have been "who else in this cabinet apart from PMB is also not performing ? "

1 Like

Re: Opinion ;who is The worst Performing Minister Since PMB Assumes Office by dodelight(m): 3:49pm On Apr 20, 2018
tafabaloo:
Op,your question should have been "who else in this cabinet apart from PMB is also not performing ? "

Exactly!
Re: Opinion ;who is The worst Performing Minister Since PMB Assumes Office by enlady(f): 4:05pm On Apr 20, 2018
Minister of communications - Adebayo Shittu
Minister of Petroleum - Muhammadu Buhari
Re: Opinion ;who is The worst Performing Minister Since PMB Assumes Office by naijanaso: 4:11pm On Apr 20, 2018
Unfortunately, there is no performing minister at all in the government of PMB.

(1) (Reply)

Melaye's Recall: How Hoodlums Hijacked Inec’s Verification Materials In Kogi / T.A Orji, Ikuku Cannot Decide My Return To The National Assembly – Hon. Onuigbo / The Words Of A Village Kaffir, By Femi Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.