Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Petit: I Regretted Leaving Arsenal To Join Barcelona - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Petit: I Regretted Leaving Arsenal To Join Barcelona (355 Views)

Aubameyang: Leaving Arsenal Without Real Goodbye Hurts / Alex Iwobi Reacts To Report About Leaving Arsenal / Manchester United Reacts To Arsene Wenger Leaving Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Petit: I Regretted Leaving Arsenal To Join Barcelona by Sportxclusive: 3:10pm On Apr 20, 2018
Former Arsenal player Emmanuel Petit has revealed his decision to quit the gunners for Barcelona was one he regretted.

The Frenchman joined the Catalan giants in 2000 but spent only one campaign at the club before returning to England, where he joined Chelsea.

“The one thing I regret in my football career is having changed Arsenal for Barcelona,” Petit wrote in his autobiography, as cited by Marca.

“The harmony at the club was ruined by cliques and the first time I walked into the dressing room, nobody paid any attention to me or even say hello…there were no welcomes.

“The dressing room was divided into three groups – the Catalans in one corner, the Dutch in another and then the rest.

“That ruined any chance of unity.”

Emmanuel Petit represented Monaco winning the Coupe de France with them and also played in the 1992 European Cup Winners’ Cup final (which Monaco lost to Werder Bremen).

He represented France at international level in two FIFA World Cups and two UEFA European Championships; he scored the third goal in France’s 3–0 victory in the 1998 FIFA World Cup Final and was also a member of the French squad that won UEFA Euro 2000.

(1) (Reply)

Kentucky Derby 2018 Schedule, Date & Time / James Pallotta Slams Referee After Liverpool Defeat / Become A Millionaire In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.