Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" (32649 Views)

Many Senators Are Disappointed With Their Salaries – Uzor Kalu / Arewa Youths React To Aisha Claim That Two Powerful People Are Frustrating Buhar / Kaduna Youths React To Nnamdi Kanu's Proposed Visit To Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by andyanders: 1:48pm On Apr 21, 2018
PMB is a complete disgrace to humanity. Anyway,he shouldn't be blamed because he doesn't understand a simple English statement. He was just asked an impromptu question and he started responding fast as his brain couldn't understand the gravity of his statement. Blame Tinubu, Amechi and their likes who imposed him to Nigerians. Next time, they should always get an interpreter for him in any event or always write down on paper for him to read from it.
\
Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by edupedia: 1:50pm On Apr 21, 2018
Cyynthialove:
It shall never be well with Buhari
I am still regretting voting for this man in 2015.
What did we get in return ?... INSULTS.

This is my my hubby struggling to meet up with my school fees and Buhari called him a lazy youth ..

God will punish Buhari and his supporters

Stop lying... U did not vote for him... We just saw a youth taking a sex doll to a mall...abi no be yoot again?... nonsense

Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by justtoodark: 1:51pm On Apr 21, 2018
we shall go through this toghether....as we always do.....

buhari will be reelected....simple as that....

and if he pisss us off too much,we can still lock him up in a golden cage in prison..... angry angry angry angry

Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by udemzyudex(m): 1:58pm On Apr 21, 2018
scopusng:
CNN's Richard Quest said "The youth of Nigeria are the country's secret weapon"
Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg said he was impressed by the interest, energy and entrepreneurial spirit that is displayed by young Nigerians
Microsoft's Bill Gates said he sees great potential in Nigeria's youth. Commits over a billion dollars into their future.
Nigeria's President Buhari said "A lot of Nigerian youths haven't been to school; yet, they want everything free.
"Nigerian youths are lazy, do nothing, knows nothing, because of oil money"

When he carry Niger delta matter for head like groundnut, see as he go disgrace himself.
Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by jamace(m): 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2018
Bearing this in mind, Arewa youths should do the needful come 2019.
Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2018
The worst part of the interview is that Buhari was being asked question on free trade. It has nothing to do with the "laziness of any youth"

Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by uchwar1: 2:14pm On Apr 21, 2018
fake news! they will still vote Bubu even in death? just take them to the mosque and brainwash their naughty brains

Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by donbachi(m): 2:20pm On Apr 21, 2018
Which nigerian youth is as lazy as buhari's son.that rode on power bike roaming the entire streets of abuja,had an accident and was flown abroad by a lousy president (father).or that jara of a daughter.sorry,i wanted to type zahra.
Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by ShalomX: 2:20pm On Apr 21, 2018
famosh:

You're obviously not over the defeat of your hero, the disastrous ineffectual buffoon! Why don't you tell him to contest again in 2019 & see if Nigerians now have a different opinion of him!

...and your own hero is the 'effectual buffoon'? So sad that many Nigerians are incapable of critical thinking. Hypocrites everywhere.

Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by kingdavidG(m): 2:21pm On Apr 21, 2018
2015 Buhari Supporters are crying ����
This is just the Beginning, the overture.
It is too late to cry when the head is already cut off. He remains there till 2023 (but God forbid o – hahahahaha)
Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by buhariguy(m): 2:22pm On Apr 21, 2018
This is what buhari was saying, looking for sharing of goodies.

Lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra can see buhari was right.

The lazy idiotic pigs of arewa also want freebies goodies.

Even his own hate him, because he is not sharing goodies.
Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by mmsen: 2:28pm On Apr 21, 2018
adudu208:
The most painful part of this whole careless speech by Mr President is that he comes from a generation that have failed the youth. These same people enjoyed free education, cheap and affordable health care, working industries, numerous job opportunities, security of life and properties and were on scholarship to study both locally and internationally.

Mr President and his fellow geriatric brigades are solely responsible for the rot in the educational, health and economic sector of this country. They have stolen our nation's wealth and sold off our greatest assets for personal gain.

It is unfortunate that a man who has ruled the nation twice has no shame spewing such thrash.

The only lazy man who is waiting for oil revenue to squander is the man who has presided over a nation ones and his currently at the helm of affairs, yet he finds it comfortable sending his kids abroad to study and he is also quick to check himself into a foreign hospital for medical attention.

Everything you've said is true but you've missed one simple point - who had this children that Buhari is now crying about? Who raised them? Was it not the idiots from Buhari's useless generation?

The same ones who suffered in silence during the military era in which everything regressed?

If he and his generation had any sense of decency they would first apologize for the mess that they have made and then remove themselves from the levers of power, in all domains.
Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by mmsen: 2:30pm On Apr 21, 2018
DamZik:
The worst part of the interview is that Buhari was being asked question on free trade. It has nothing to do with the "laziness of any youth"

What would a man such as Buhari know about 'free trade'?

Free trade entails competition - not tariffs and protectionism. How would someone who has benefited from 'Federal character' and ethno-religious bigotry understand the importance of competition?
Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by talk2percy(m): 2:31pm On Apr 21, 2018
Shut up, the Northerners are damn lazy and that's what they told this cloned and he has to generalize it!
Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by UNIBENDON: 2:32pm On Apr 21, 2018
AkpaMgbor:
If you all bothered to listen to the anchor’s initial question, you would even be more shocked as to the utter lack of knowledge of the president..the anchor asked him his stands on “free trade” and buhari erroneously started going off on how the youths like to have things for free! angry that to me is even the major disaster, that a president doesn’t even know what a free trading policy entails! Fvck all you educated academicians and professors who voted for such a man to rule over you all..
Just have a look at this:www.nairaland.com/4457223/university-lecturers-campaigned-president-m
Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by Blackfire(m): 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2018
lexy2014:
am sure u are also a youth

Am sure u know the president was/ is right.
Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 21, 2018
nero2face:
Rants, Just wait and see millions of Zombies and Afonjas voting massively for buhari come 2019, Nigerians are so divided, Just wait and see, most of us will be surprised with the outcome of 2019 election...as for me, buhari can continue till death do them part, I hate to be part of this country called Nigeria
I Rep afonja with pride and I voted buhari in 2015. I even canvassed votes for him. This time, he's shot himself in the leg by calling us Nigerian youths lazy. Jonathan did the same in 2014 when he killed scores of Nigerian youths through aba Moro, his interior minister in the NIC recruitment exercise. He knew Moro collected money through David mark's wife who got the registration contract but claimed he's not aware. The registration which wa supposed to be free. People told him to declare his asset which he promised to do before election but later when he became president he said''i don't give a damn''. Nigerians asked that he sack diezani but refused, thinking he was the one who put himself there. Madam patience was collecting commission from NNPC contractors before they got paid but her husband remained insensitive to it. Pabambari, chibok girls were abducted and he said it's a lie. All these put together made me lose interest in him and voted buhari, thinking he'd write the wrongs. I voted Jonathan in 2011 thinking he'd clear the rot and set the pace being the first graduate to govern us alas! Now, buhari has committed the worst sin ever by calling the future of Nigeria lazy. Many gullible Nigerians unfortunately claimed he didn't say so. You don't have to call a thief a name in clear terms. No wonder the western world still say we're illiterate because we can't interpret a statement as simple as what buhari said about us. Tell me, who's lazy out of naija youths and his son who graduated but refused to work, waiting for free cut from tax payers money and using same to buy a power bike that almost killed him? There's an adage which says, an idle hand is the devil's workshop so, this has much described his lazy son. Come next year, I either vote if there's a viable opposition candidate or I don't vote at all. Buhari isn't worth my vote again

Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by achiever12: 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2018
tsmat:

you are an idiot for making such statement.........they say Buhari is a dullard but you are worse.......you can't even type correct English... mumu pikin.

Dead brain Yoruba muslim, your Fulani master doesn't see you as a true Muslim. Go and release your oral diarrhea on your slave masters.

At least, you agree that Buhari is a dullard. There may still be hope for you.

Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by inereunwa1(m): 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2018
with this statement alone buhari has entered one chance!!! let him renovate his house in daura o because he will be moving back there come 2019!!!
Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by ShalomX: 2:52pm On Apr 21, 2018
edupedia:

Stop analysing nonsense... See what is going on in social media where proper analysis has been going on

‬: "We must get real. We have challenges with our youth. As a parent and observer I know that the attributes handed over to my generation of ambition, hard work and "go for it based on capability" are lacking in a lot of youth. Most who are educated believe jobs, cars and accomodation etc should be a sina qua none. Where is the pleasure of achievement? Don't let's because we dislike Buhari overlook the drug menace amongst our youth. The risk of this generation not being better than predecessor generation which is the trajectory of contemporary history is quite high.
We cannot and must not allow our political differences to look at the messenger and not the message. Lest we forget amongst these youth are the ones who did tertiary education in tranches and not straight at once (albeit through no fault of theirs), would this not have an impact?
Now I know the quaint Yoruba proverb that "truth is bitter" to be true.
Ultimately listening to the video clip question and answer the question did Buhari lie can be answered faithfully; no, he did not. But, those who have agenda within agenda (and they have rights to this) spun the whole thing to suit them. And made Buhari appear out of touch and senile.
If we have a million successful youth and 10m that are not, that's risk that must be mitigated one way or another. The sooner the better. And the first step is to admit.
Point by point analysis of what the President said: using simple True or False mathematical mapping

1. Nigeria has a population of over 180million .......True

2a. Over 60% of which is under 30.......True

2b. 60% of 180 million is 108million.........True

2c. therefore, a lot of Nigerians are under 30...........True

3. A lot of this under 30 have not been to school..............True *as late as 2017, UNESCO put the figure of Nigerian youths out of school as 63million, 63 out of 108 is a lot.

So we can affirm that point 3 is true.

*So, up till here, if you are above 30, the President was not referring to you.........True

*If you are under 30 but you have been to school, the president has not referred to you.............True

4. He continues, ''A lot of the people in 3 above sit down and do nothing, expecting free housing, .......

Here we can contextualise that he meant the drug traffickers and drug addicts, area boys, armed robbers, yahooyahoo boys, kidnappers, pipeline vandals and bonkereres, mace thieves and political thugs, killer herdsmen, boko haram arsonists, almajiris, etc.............True

For goodness sake, if you are none of the categories in 4 above, do you have any reason to fray up.........True or False?

It is better you tell us where you belong so that we can appease to your children."

Story for the gods! Buhari was asked about free trade and went off about Nigerian youths being lazy and only being interested in free things

Yeah, you may be correct by a very thin margin in your analysis above, albeit criminal activities some youths get involved in, but a lazy person cannot pull them off. The irony is that many Nigerian youths are doing great and are making the country proud in their own ways but no one hears about them. The deviants are in the news more often and somehow influence the narrative about the entire youth population.

That apart, what has your Buhari done specifically to fix this "overwhelming problem of laziness" among the youths of the country he presides over? There is really no excuse for him to have said that, especially not at that forum.

Third paragraph to the end of your write up, you said we can contextualize that he meant drug traffickers and so on, and I say you can contextualize all you want, the fact is that the man is not informed about the country he is leading (and pretty much of everything he ought to know ) and he doesn't care so continues to make a fool of himself and everyone else.

Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by Ekoishome: 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2018
AkpaMgbor:
If you all bothered to listen to the anchor’s initial question, you would even be more shocked as to the utter lack of knowledge of the president..the anchor asked him his stands on “free trade” and buhari erroneously started going off on how the youths like to have things for free! angry that to me is even the major disaster, that a president doesn’t even know what a free trading policy entails! Fvck all you educated academicians and professors who voted for such a man to rule over you all..
OMG!!! OMG!
Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by Ken4Christ: 3:02pm On Apr 21, 2018
He just acted like a father disgracing his children in public. Now, this callous statement will strengthen the negative opinions the international community already have about us.
Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by dahnimoh(m): 3:19pm On Apr 21, 2018
Those that are repackaging him will be disappointed now
Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by Reader530(m): 3:19pm On Apr 21, 2018
Good day Nairalanders. I am a graduate of Federal Polytechnic ( HND Accounting) with 3 years post NYSC experience. Of a truth, I am not lazy nor jobless but I need a change of environment and work if possible. I need a company or NGO's work in Kano, Jigawa, Yobe, Bauchi or Katsina. Any useful information is highly appreciated. Besides, I have a good grade. I am reliable, dedicated and up and doing. Give me a trial and by God's grace, you will not be disappointed in me. Thank you all
Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by pamdaniel(m): 3:27pm On Apr 21, 2018

Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by supereagle(m): 3:28pm On Apr 21, 2018
Sagay212:
lies....they will still vote for him even if he calls them cows.

Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 21, 2018
Cyynthialove:
It shall never be well with Buhari
I am still regretting voting for this man in 2015.
What did we get in return ?... INSULTS.

This is my my hubby struggling to meet up with my school fees and Buhari called him a lazy youth ..

God will punish Buhari and his supporters

My sister you are not much different from Bubu, since you hate Muslims & call ALL of them terrorists just because some of us don't agree with your views. Anyways How una day grin

Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by buhariguy(m): 3:38pm On Apr 21, 2018
mmsen:

What would a man such as Buhari know about 'free trade'?

Free trade entails competition - not tariffs and protectionism. How would someone who has benefited from 'Federal character' and ethno-religious bigotry understand the importance of competition?
and the minister of trade is who and from where.?
The way the lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra reason .
If you are allow to rule, you will be worst than your ineffectual buffoon

Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by sapele914(m): 3:42pm On Apr 21, 2018
Paperwhite:
This Buhari speech of infamy will linger for a long time throughout histroy.Infact I must let my children hear about it.Stupid president angry
Useless beign,Lazy youth you will wait to tell your children that the President of Nigeria termed you Lazy in 2018?You must have nothing doing with your time going into the future and the brain cells must be void,Lazy thing go and occupy your mind with things to do instead of dwelling on the past after all these your weeping & wailing the President will win in a landslide.
Re: Arewa Youths React To Buhari's Lazy Nigerian Youths: "We Are Disappointed" by correctguy101(m): 3:46pm On Apr 21, 2018
A real joke. All of them

Did PDP Dodge A Bullet By Not Fielding Wike As VP. / Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar / Onitsha Residents Rush To Scoop Fuel From Fallen Tanker. See Photos

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62