Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? (11978 Views)

Check Out Elephone U / Which One You Will Be Prefer? Elephone U Or Elephone U Pro / The Battle ; Samsung Galaxy S8 Vs Elephone U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 11:28am On Apr 21, 2018
greenhulk:

Wait, u mean color reproductive on this phone is better than galaxy s8? Even when the video shows it's poor viewing angles with the yellow tint. Then I give up.
Don't give up yet grin
U pro have a bad viewing angle but it also produce color better than S8 when the resolution is dropped to 2K so that 1-1 for both of them but if S8 is in 4K it is better than u pro.
Maybe you should watch the video by REDSKULL to get what I mean.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 21, 2018
OVA200:
Don't give up yet grin
U pro have a bad viewing angle but it also produce color better than S8 when the resolution is dropped to 2K so that 1-1 for both of them but if S8 is in 4K it is better than u pro.
Maybe you should watch the video by REDSKULL to get what I mean.

U are mixing things up. Galaxy s8 doesn't have a 4k display, it's maxed at 2k, and u pro is maxed at 1080p. With both phones at 1080p the s8 is still a lot better. Only s9 display slight beats the s8
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by fibonacci2526: 11:36am On Apr 21, 2018
Op buy it, we dey wait your review.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by fibonacci2526: 11:38am On Apr 21, 2018
greenhulk:

U are mixing things up. Galaxy s8 doesn't have a 4k display, it's maxed at 2k, and u pro is maxed at 1080p. With both phones at 1080p the s8 is still a lot better. Only s9 display slight beats the s8

What's the use of a good display without a beautiful software experience. Doubt if this phone would even get the 8.1 update not to talk of android P. They are that bad like that.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 12:08pm On Apr 21, 2018
greenhulk:

Sorry my bad but when both phones in 1080P S8 is not a lot better but I will say slight better because of the viewing angle and productions of the white color but u pro is also good in color tint.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 12:09pm On Apr 21, 2018
fibonacci2526:

What's the use of a good display without a beautiful software experience. Doubt if this phone would even get the 8.1 update not to talk of android P. They are that bad like that.
This is U pro not ordinary U it's already on 8.1
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by henry007(m): 12:15pm On Apr 21, 2018
OVA200:
You are doubting if Corninlar gorilla safes phone I think you need to go and watch drop tests on YouTube, why do you think include it in the first place? for decoration?
Nokia UI is not any way better than u pro UI they are both stock android they both include little twist that's all, if you doubth me check their settings, phone, message, contact, camera, calendar, it is almost similar.
I can't say specifically on the battery but both are having a good battery and we also know amoled is power efficient than LCD.
Multitasking is based on UI to you? UI have very little role to play when it comes to multitasking the deciding factor is the RAM and the processor, so because Nokia 7 plus have 4GB RAM with a little more stock android will now overpower a little more customized stock android with 6GB RAM? That's not possible, Samsung have one of the best UI in android market and S8 is one of the best multitasking phone around now did you think its a coincidence that u pro perform better in speed test and multitasking? the 2GB RAM advantage play a vital role.

Brand or no brand we are not talking about the one you will pick we are talking about the better one so no brand here.

All what you listed up is not even in favour of your Nokia 7 plus now let me list mine too.

What about the display obviously we know which is better;
RAM and ROM;
NFC;
What about security on the phone we also know the better one;
What about the design and feel in the hand;

The remaining debatable part is the camera which none of us can currently boost about.

I watch drop tests and they still crack or shatter as the case may be. Anyway, there are many Galaxy S8 users with cracked screens that can attest to the fact that the reason it broke was not that serious. Gorilla Glass 5 protects with a lot of minor drops but i wouldn't feel too confident about it like you are.

The settings interface looks like stock android but if it has a customised UI anywhere else, it's not the same as stock android.

On that RAM management note, I'm just going to stop this debate here coz it seems you have very little experience with phones in general or maybe i have way more experience. Whatever the case may be, you will be alright.

Cheers!
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 1:01pm On Apr 21, 2018
henry007:

I watch drop tests and they still crack or shatter as the case may be. Anyway, there are many Galaxy S8 users with cracked screens that can attest to the fact that the reason it broke was not that serious. Gorilla Glass 5 protects with a lot of minor drops but i wouldn't feel too confident about it like you are.

The settings interface looks like stock android but if it has a customised UI anywhere else, it's not the same as stock android.

On that RAM management note, I'm just going to stop this debate here coz it seems you have very little experience with phones in general or maybe i have way more experience. Whatever the case may be, you will be alright.

Cheers!
Bro is it this difficult to admit U pro is better than Nokia 7 plus, am not a marketer of elephone and I don't think you are a marketer of Nokia too, I know Nokia is a popular and better brand compare to elephone but u pro is better than Nokia 7 plus and you are basing your debate on guess because Nokia 7 plus is yet to compete with a worthy phone yet, you are just debating brand instead of the phone because the spec sheet showed it clearly that one is better than the other. I know we can't just base our assumptions on spec sheet but we've seen one compete toe to toe with one of the best flagship phone available though S8 is better overall but u pro give a good fight, let us wait and see how Nokia 7 plus will perform against S8 or locking them up heah to head with u pro but before then U pro has proven its worth its now left to Nokia 7 plus to do the same.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by judajix(m): 5:48pm On Apr 21, 2018
Hello do you know elephone record with mad specs and terrible non lasting phones?!?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by fibonacci2526: 6:58pm On Apr 21, 2018
judajix:
Hello do you know elephone record with mad specs and terrible non lasting phones?!?

This is all have been saying, the only elephone I used elephone p9000 packed up after 3months 2 yrs ago.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 7:54pm On Apr 21, 2018
judajix:
Am not defending elephone here am just making u pro known to some people here, I am concern with u pro not elephone and about u pro so far their have not be negative reviews so I guess am defending this phone rightly.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 7:57pm On Apr 21, 2018
fibonacci2526:

This is all have been saying, the only elephone I used elephone p9000 packed up after 3months 2 yrs ago.
Am not defending elephone here am just making u pro known to some people here, I am concern with u pro not elephone and about u pro so far their have not be negative reviews so I guess am defending this phone rightly.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by bobo65(m): 8:07pm On Apr 21, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Hmm
Well my p8000 was dope
The guy I sold it to is still thanking me till today for about a year now

My frnd is still using his for about 3 years, it's only d battery he has replaced

Elephone is more durable than even leagoo and oukitel, Camera is way better
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 9:51pm On Apr 21, 2018
bobo65:

Hmm
Well my p8000 was dope
The guy I sold it to is still thanking me till today for about a year now

My frnd is still using his for about 3 years, it's only d battery he has replaced

Elephone is more durable than even leagoo and oukitel, Camera is way better
Thank you boss, they want me to look like a marketer by defending this phone with everything I know about phone, I don't know why it is so difficult to just appreciate this wonderful phone and move on.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by Freelancerx: 10:01pm On Apr 21, 2018
BRIGHTRIVERS:
It will get the attention it deserves when they bring the spare parts down here to Nigeria. How much is it?
You know. That's one reason why most of these phones don't flourish here. Others like Tecno and Gionee even have centres here. And some have parts readily available.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 21, 2018
OVA200:
Thank you boss, they want me to look like a marketer by defending this phone with everything I know about phone, I don't know why it is so difficult to just appreciate this wonderful phone and move on.

Ok we appreciate the phone. Elephone u pro is the best phone money can buy, better than galacu s9 plus and Huawei p20 pro. Are u happy now? Will I buy it? HELL NO, for $450 I'll buy something else I know I will be comfortable with.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 10:39pm On Apr 21, 2018
greenhulk:

Ok we appreciate the phone. Elephone u pro is the best phone money can buy, better than galacu s9 plus and Huawei p20 pro. Are u happy now? Will I buy it? HELL NO, for $450 I'll buy something else I know I will be comfortable with.
This is the exact thing am saying, why are you so pissed off by this phone? is it now a crime to give your best to your work like telephone did? And I ask you to list the phone in the same price bracket that posses all what u pro possesses or better you can't, all the phone you mention are just catching up with this phone and you are still hating for no reason, I tire for you guys o.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 10:40pm On Apr 21, 2018
Freelancerx:
You know. That's one reason why most of these phones don't flourish here. Others like Tecno and Gionee even have centres here. And some have parts readily available.
I hope you can read my reply to him on this comment.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 21, 2018
OVA200:
This is the exact thing am saying, why are you so pissed off by this phone? is it now a crime to give your best to your work like telephone did? And I ask you to list the phone in the same price bracket that posses all what u pro possesses or better you can't, all the phone you mention are just catching up with this phone and you are still hating for no reason, I tire for you guys o.
Listen up.

There are some existing facts in the mobile industry that you're missing in your piece about Elephone U pro (and you're committing a major blunder by misrepresenting some of these facts)

1. RAM count isn't proportional to Processing Capacity (More RAM doesn't NOT equal more processing speed)
2. SD 660, upon announcement, is said to be theoretically as capable as the SD 820. This means two things: One, it is only as good as SD 820 on paper, Two, it's , without argument, outclassed by SD 835 and above.
3. Stock (or near stock) Android, would ALWAYS be better than skinned android.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by fibonacci2526: 11:12pm On Apr 21, 2018
OP when are you buying the phone? Sincerely can wait for your review.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 11:22pm On Apr 21, 2018
adeboyewareez:

Listen up.

There are some existing facts in the mobile industry that you're missing in your piece about Elephone U pro (and you're committing a major blunder by misrepresenting some of these facts)

1. RAM count isn't proportional to Processing Capacity (More RAM doesn't NOT equal more processing speed)
2. SD 660, upon announcement, is said to be theoretically as capable as the SD 820. This means two things: One, it is only as good as SD 820 on paper, Two, it's , without argument, outclassed by SD 835 and above.
3. Stock (or near stock) Android, would ALWAYS be better than skinned android.
Please where in my write up did I write RAM determines the processing speed? The processor determine how fast a phone will be but it also depend on how good the manufacturer in getting the best out of a processor because it also depend on the clock speed they try to get out of the processor example is Oneplus 5T and Samsung S8 the same processor but different clock speed but in the case of RAM it determine the multitasking ability of a phone but it also hinges on how customized the UI of the phone is heavily customized UI will slow down the phone a bit.

SD660/is definitely outclassed by SD835 but elephone manage to make things unbelievable by making the SD660 perform better than SD835 in real life test but that will also hinge on heavily customized Touchwiz by Samsung but which way it beats Samsung SD835.

Of course stock android will better with no bloatware, no lag, no unnecessary space occupying etc. Am not disputing all this fact you are saying here maybe you didn't follow all the conversations because if you do I didn't again any of the things you mentioned here
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 11:25pm On Apr 21, 2018
fibonacci2526:
OP when are you buying the phone? Sincerely can wait for your review.
Hopefully before the end of May don't worry i go use reviews scare u
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Apr 21, 2018
OVA200:

Guy wetin be ur problem. I say I no dey buy, na by force? Why are u getting so emotional about a phone that does not add value to ur life whether we buy it or not. Which of my comments indicate a hate for this phone or ur fingers just dey scratch u. Who is so pissed off about the phone anyway because I am not inderstanding u. I already told u instead of buying this I will buy an LG G6, Huawei mate 8, xiaomi mi mix 2. These are top of the line flagship phones with snapdragon 800 series (not 600 series in this elephone). The Kirin 955 chip on the Huawei mate 8 is on par with snapdragon 800 series so what are we talking about. Why are u trying to force us to like this phone.

I still don't believe this phone is faster than the galaxy so, especially with the Oreo update. And even if it is fraction of a second faster, I'll still take the s8 over it. I'll take the xiaomi mi mix 2, LG G6 and Huawei mate 8 because these are well known brands at the same price range.

Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 12:11am On Apr 22, 2018
greenhulk:

Guy wetin be ur problem. I say I no dey buy, na by force? Why are u getting so emotional about a phone that does not add value to ur life whether we buy it or not. Which of my comments indicate a hate for this phone or ur fingers just dey scratch u. Who is so pissed off about the phone anyway because I am not inderstanding u. I already told u instead of buying this I will buy an LG G6, Huawei mate 8, xiaomi mi mix 2. These are top of the line flagship phones with snapdragon 800 series (not 600 series in this elephone). The Kirin 955 chip on the Huawei mate 8 is on par with snapdragon 800 series so what are we talking about. Why are u trying to force us to like this phone.

I still don't believe this phone is faster than the galaxy so, especially with the Oreo update. And even if it is fraction of a second faster, I'll still take the s8 over it. I'll take the xiaomi mi mix 2, LG G6 and Huawei mate 8 because these are well known brands at the same price range.
Why are you sounding as if I told you to buy it, I created this thread to just show appreciation for this phone which I find very good and you by yourself walked in to counter my opinion on the phone I didn't even state the price in my post not to talk telling anybody to buy it so where am I forcing you to buy it? we are both talking about which is better between the phone you find appealing and this so where did you must buy it comes from? If you ain't hating on it why don't you just appreciate the phone and go or if you can't just don't bother to comment but come with listing phone that are better at the same price is that not hating to you?
The phone is very good for the price because the ones you are listing at the same price range are not any means better than it so since their are many food options at that price group you choose your and I choose mine so that's how to finish this good night.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 22, 2018
OVA200:
Why are you sounding as if I told you to buy it, I created this thread to just show appreciation for this phone which I find very good and you by yourself walked in to counter my opinion on the phone I didn't even state the price in my post not to talk telling anybody to buy it so where am I forcing you to buy it? we are both talking about which is better between the phone you find appealing and this so where did you must buy it comes from? If you ain't hating on it why don't you just appreciate the phone and go or if you can't just don't bother to comment but come with listing phone that are better at the same price is that not hating to you?
The phone is very good for the price because the ones you are listing at the same price range are not any means better than it so since their are many food options at that price group you choose your and I choose mine so that's how to finish this good night.

U are still getting too emotional bro, calm down. U created this thread so we can comment on it. But u cannot expect everyone to have the same view as u, so if I do not have the same view as u does that mean I'm hating? Haba Dem pay u to advertise for them? U asked me to name phones in the same price range, i named them and u are now talking about hate. The 3 phones I named are made by brands that have started their authority in the smartphone world, why would I buy an elephone for the same price as an LG G6 or xiaomi mi mix 2 with similar specs? And the LG even got better specs with snapdragon 821, water resistant and qhd display.

I have already appreciated the phone so what else do u want? Must I share the same opinion as u for u to agree that I don't hate this phone?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 7:01am On Apr 22, 2018
greenhulk:

U are still getting too emotional bro, calm down. U created this thread so we can comment on it. But u cannot expect everyone to have the same view as u, so if I do not have the same view as u does that mean I'm hating? Haba Dem pay u to advertise for them? U asked me to name phones in the same price range, i named them and u are now talking about hate. The 3 phones I named are made by brands that have started their authority in the smartphone world, why would I buy an elephone for the same price as an LG G6 or xiaomi mi mix 2 with similar specs? And the LG even got better specs with snapdragon 821, water resistant and qhd display.

I have already appreciated the phone so what else do u want? Must I share the same opinion as u for u to agree that I don't hate this phone?
Bro go back to your very first comment and read again, I didn't ask you to list any phone you said I should not compare it with S8 again and you started listing the phones you considered better that when I replied you, I didn't compare it with S8 or said it is better than S8 am just saying it stand toe to tie with S8, if you dont see any hating in your first comment and that seems like appreciation to you then no point in having this conversation again.

Samsung S8 beats LG G6 flawlessly and this phone manage to beat S8 you are now saying G6 that's game over before it even started.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 22, 2018
OVA200:
Bro go back to your very first comment and read again, I didn't ask you to list any phone you said I should not compare it with S8 again and you started listing the phones you considered better that when I replied you, I didn't compare it with S8 or said it is better than S8 am just saying it stand toe to tie with S8, if you dont see any hating in your first comment and that seems like appreciation to you then no point in having this conversation again.

Samsung S8 beats LG G6 flawlessly and this phone manage to beat S8 you are now saying G6 that's game over before it even started.

LG G6 is still an all round better phone. Do u know this phone has a terrible camera? For over $400 the camera is a disgrace. Below is an honest review from someone that has used it for over one month and not just unboxing review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK6LD4c0YHQ

1 Like

Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by johnnyholtby(m): 8:00am On Apr 22, 2018
You stop taking your cheap...You're comparing a phone with SD 660 with almighty SD35...s8 has one of the best displays out there...You're here talking rubbish...FYI this phone copied Sammy s8 design...You should check synthetic benchmarks before spitting trash...not to even talk about the after market value
OVA200:
Bros what? Overpriced? Don't just use the spec sheet to judge but also see their real life performance, this phone beat Samsung galaxy S8 in speed test and multitasking, it color reproduction is a little better when S8 is switch to 2K also, the battery life is also slightly better and it boost latest OS 8.1, it cost $450 while S8 cost $650.
Bros this phone isn't overprice it even compete with oneplus 5T that I considered the most fastest phone presently, bro you make dem sell am for the same price infinix dey sell their zero 5 plus?
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by johnnyholtby(m): 8:06am On Apr 22, 2018
Bro please just shush..you've disgraced yourself way too much...You can't even compare this phone to galaxy note 5
OVA200:
No better alternative at the same price oneplus 5T and LG G6 are now at the same price with the S8 and this phone is head and shoulder ahead of moto Z2 play (not even near) and its the same price thats why I think this deserves some recognition.
Bro S8 is better but the is phone is worth the price, and S8 display is not even better when switch to 2K and its not 1 second faster its more than that and it have a better battery life.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 22, 2018
johnnyholtby:
You stop taking your cheap...You're comparing a phone with SD 660 with almighty SD35...s8 has one of the best displays out there...You're here talking rubbish...FYI this phone copied Sammy s8 design...You should check synthetic benchmarks before spitting trash...not to even talk about the after market value

Exactly. They can't even make their own design.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 8:12am On Apr 22, 2018
johnnyholtby:
Dindinrin like you will not read all the full conversation and will be spitting trash, S8 display is better overall but u pro display also edge out in some are like color tint, this phone beat S8 in speed test even with your claim Almighty SD835 go to YouTube and watch it yourself, REDSKULL is the channel name and he is a fans of Samsung and using S8+ as is daily driver, he even switch the S8+ to 1080P resolution just to match the U pro not to give U pro an advantage on that. You can watch the reviews from MRwhosetheboss and listen to what he said about the screen.

And in general performance Samsung S8 is better than this phone obviously but am just appreciating the good fight it give despite being lesser and its from a cheap company, so you take your time to read all my comment over again.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 8:15am On Apr 22, 2018
johnnyholtby:
Bro please just up...you've disgraced yourself way too much...You can't even compare this phone to galaxy note 5
Galaxy note 5? grin
Is this the best you can get out of your brain? OMG Note 5 bro don't worry anymore I give up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Glo Has Slashed Blackberry Service Rates! / 6 Eras In Nigeria Telecom Industry / Google Buys HTC Assets In $1.1bn Return To Mobile Phone Ownership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.