Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,551 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:50 PM

Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? (11897 Views)

Check Out Elephone U / Which One You Will Be Prefer? Elephone U Or Elephone U Pro / The Battle ; Samsung Galaxy S8 Vs Elephone U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 11:20am On Apr 22, 2018
johnnyholtby:
Abeg which planet you dey...LG 6 isnt better?...carry your wahala and go...I swear both s7 and s7 edge beat this phone hands down...if you know you know grin
Please can I ask you a simple please give me the reason why you think LG G6 is better? because obviously U pro is better on paper.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by johnnyholtby(m): 11:24am On Apr 22, 2018
Bros leave review..You're right elephone is better...in fact if they ask you to pick btw elephone and G6 I'm sure na elephone you go pick...You haven't experienced the luxury of using a true flagship...it's elephone or nothing for you grin grin grin
OVA200:
Flagship phone Is all about the material used but not the output perform right? phone being a flagship doesn't means it uses high spec but the performance of the phone, when tecno, infinix are using 21 MP Samsung is using 12MP and the 12 MP is way better than the 21 on the tecnos that will tell you it the output that determines flagship not spec sheet.
U pro is ahead G6 with; Face recognition, Better RAM and ROM, Cornillar gorilla 5, better design, Latest OS, better battery, please can you list why LG G6 is better?
Note 5 is no where near this phone who tell you Note 5 have better display? watch those reviews again because some the YouTuber even say it even comparable to Oneplus 5T.
And about the better camera part until you compare both side by side you can't say that because no fact to back that.
For you to say you'd pick Note 5 ahead U pro settled the matter. no more debate I agree with you.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 11:30am On Apr 22, 2018
greenhulk:

Oga Ade how is this phone better than LG G6. Just tell us and stop talking trash. I use LG v20 and that phone is a beast, my next phone will be LG v30. Is it the display, processor, camera or features like water resistance? Give me a reason u think this chinko phone is better than LG G6. If u don't have s reason then don't reply.
What about Corninlar gorilla, better ram and ROM, face recognition, better design, better battery?
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by bobo65(m): 11:31am On Apr 22, 2018
fibonacci2526:

I said "essential" phone, am not referring to LG G6. Google up the essential phone.

Omo that essentially ph-1 is fire, I'm getting it next month unfailingly
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 11:34am On Apr 22, 2018
johnnyholtby:
Bros leave review..You're right elephone is better...in fact if they ask you to pick btw elephone and G6 I'm sure na elephone you go pick...You haven't experienced the luxury of using a true flagship...it's elephone or nothing for you grin grin grin
You are free to say anything you want because am a former LG, Samsung, Sony user and have also use Chinese phone like oukitel, leagoo, umidigi and also cheap Nigeria phones like tecno, infinix, gowin, Gionee etc so i have enough experience in phone market.
But anything that tick your box.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by henry007(m): 11:40am On Apr 22, 2018
OVA200:
grin grin grin grin I really want to buy it so am planning to save part of my April and May salary and sell my current phone to get it or can you give me loan?

So before you buy you would lie to yourself that you're buying an indestructible Gorilla Glass 5 phone with structural integrity + 6GB RAM that would work even more optimally than Google Pixel 2?

I can bet that you would change your mind before that time comes, your faith in the phone is shaky if it rests on the opinion of others.
Besides, there are many other SD660 phones with better AMOLED displays and battery life coming out this year from brands that are sold in Nigeria.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 11:45am On Apr 22, 2018
henry007:

So before you buy you would lie to yourself that you're buying an indestructible Gorilla Glass 5 phone with structural integrity + 6GB RAM that would work even more optimally than Google Pixel 2?

I can bet that you would change your mind before that time comes, your faith in the phone is shaky if it rests on the opinion of others.
Besides, there are many other SD660 phones with better AMOLED displays and battery life coming out this year from brands that are sold in Nigeria.
I didn't interrupt your opinion then why trying to change my opinion, for your mind I should just wait for something yet to come out, okay thank you my mind is made up.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by johnnyholtby(m): 11:50am On Apr 22, 2018
I'm gonna advice you not to..just wait for the successor..the camera is still average despite all the updates...I'm not saying it's bad but it can't compete with the flagships..I had the phone for a while but I sold it...the build quality is top notch..the combo of ceramic and titanium is superb...I think it's one of the few phones that can shoot 4k videos with its front camera...all in all you should wait it out...I'm getting essential ph-2 for sure..the company even admitted they messed up with the camera..they promise to be better with the successor...I just love their timely updates...it's second only to the Google pixels...the successor coming in few months so it's logical to wait...I just hope they change from LCD to amoled...my opinion though
bobo65:

Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by johnnyholtby(m): 11:51am On Apr 22, 2018
No be lie bro..just hola me if you badly need buyer for your upcoming chinkophone grin
OVA200:
I didn't interrupt your opinion then why trying to change my opinion, for your mind I should just wait for something yet to come out, okay thank you my mind is made up.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 22, 2018
OVA200:
Flagship phone Is all about the material used but not the output perform right? phone being a flagship doesn't means it uses high spec but the performance of the phone, when tecno, infinix are using 21 MP Samsung is using 12MP and the 12 MP is way better than the 21 on the tecnos that will tell you it the output that determines flagship not spec sheet.
U pro is ahead G6 with; Face recognition, Better RAM and ROM, Cornillar gorilla 5, better design, Latest OS, better battery, please can you list why LG G6 is better?
Note 5 is no where near this phone who tell you Note 5 have better display? watch those reviews again because some the YouTuber even say it even comparable to Oneplus 5T.
And about the better camera part until you compare both side by side you can't say that because no fact to back that.
For you to say you'd pick Note 5 ahead U pro settled the matter. no more debate I agree with you.

Come is that thing on elephone u pro face unlock? Lol. They included a face unlock that was default on all Android phones since 2011 into a 2017 phone. Wtf. Google had to remove this face unlock after it became obvious it is not secured because it can be unlocked with a picture or by someone with similar shaped face or even an object shaped as ur face... Yes even elephone confirned that. The image below is from elephone u pro face unlock interphase. Read it urself. This uses only the front facing camera to scan ur face, can't work in low light, can't work while wearing glasses. So if I compnah cannot use extra sensors to scan the face like Samsung Iris scanner or Apple's face Id then it's pointless adding face unlock using only the camera.

And saying this phone is better than LG G6 is laughable. Yes it's got 6gb of RAM but g6 got 4gb which doesn't make much difference as it has a top of the line snapdragon processor. Better design? Are u kidding me, where is ip68 water and dust resistance. Battery? Of course that is the only thing Chinese phone makers know how to put in their phones. Latest os that will never get an update? How about better camera with f/1.8 aperture (jeez f/2.2 on the u pro is so 2013). How about trusted brand, better display or u wanna tell me this display is better than the p oled on the g6? U got to be kidding me dude.

Oh and just so u know, galaxy note 5 has a better display than OnePlus 5t

Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by johnnyholtby(m): 12:06pm On Apr 22, 2018
To back him up OP5t has a 1080p amoled panel..note 5 has 1440p super amoled panel which equates to more ppi(pixel per inch)..so you can't compare FHD screen to QHD screen...mind you Sammy makes the best screen panel on phones...even iPhone sourced their amoled panel from Sammy for their iPhone X grin
greenhulk:

Come is that thing on elephone u pro face unlock? Lol. They included a face unlock that was default on all Android phones since 2011 into a 2017 phone. Wtf. Google had to remove this face unlock after it became obvious it is not secured because it can be unlocked with a picture or by someone with similar shaped face or even an object shaped as ur face... Yes even elephone confirned that. The image below is from elephone u pro face unlock interphase. Read it urself. This uses only the front facing camera to scan ur face, can't work in low light, can't work while wearing glasses. So if I compnah cannot use extra sensors to scan the face like Samsung Iris scanner or Apple's face Id then it's pointless adding face unlock using only the camera.

And saying this phone is better than LG G6 is laughable. Yes it's got 6gb of RAM but g6 got 4gb which doesn't make much difference as it has a top of the line snapdragon processor. Better design? Are u kidding me, where is ip68 water and dust resistance. Battery? Of course that is the only thing Chinese phone makers know how to put in their phones. Latest os that will never get an update? How about better camera with f/1.8 aperture (jeez f/2.2 on the u pro is so 2013). How about trusted brand, better display or u wanna tell me this display is better than the p oled on the g6? U got to be kidding me dude.

Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by fibonacci2526: 12:14pm On Apr 22, 2018
bobo65:

It's presently $400 now. No better bargain out there right now imo.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by fibonacci2526: 12:15pm On Apr 22, 2018
johnnyholtby:
I'm gonna advice you not to..just wait for the successor..the camera is still average despite all the updates...I'm not saying it's bad but it can't compete with the flagships..I had the phone for a while but I sold it...the build quality is top notch..the combo of ceramic and titanium is superb...I think it's one of the few phones that can shoot 4k videos with its front camera...all in all you should wait it out...I'm getting essential ph-2 for sure..the company even admitted they messed up with the camera..they promise to be better with the successor...I just love their timely updates...it's second only to the Google pixels...the successor coming in few months so it's logical to wait...I just hope they change from LCD to amoled...my opinion though

At $400 currently. No better bargain out there.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 22, 2018
OVA200:
What about Corninlar gorilla, better ram and ROM, face recognition, better design, better battery?

Oga ade remove that facial recognition because it is rubbish. If they can't add an iris scanner or use additional sensors to scan the face then its as good as not being there because it is not secured. By the way who told u LG G6 doesn't do face unlock. Just because they don't brag about it doesn't mean its not there. Check the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rehHEepjio

The reason they don't brag about this is because it is not secured, it has been an android feature since 2011, but ur Elephone decide to make mouth about this making ignorant people like u think its a new feature.

LG G6 has better display (qhd vs 1080p)
Better build
IP68 water and dust resustant
Better camera (f/1.8 vs f/2.2 that is if u even know what that means) with OIS
HDR+

You keep shouting gorilla glass 5.. who that one epp? G6 has gorilla glass 3 on the front, gorilla glass 4 on its camera and gorilla glass 5 at the back. You really need to make ur research before making ur comment.

Just whill would I shell out 150k on an unknown Galaxy s8 wanna be Chinese phone with shitty camera? Just why?
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 1:00pm On Apr 22, 2018
johnnyholtby:
No be lie bro..just hola me if you badly need buyer for your upcoming chinkophone grin
I will let you know during 6 months and 1 year anniversary. Just that I don't use phone for long time.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2018
greenhulk:

Oga ade remove that facial recognition because it is rubbish. If they can't add an iris scanner or use additional sensors to scan the face then its as good as not being there because it is not secured. By the way who told u LG G6 doesn't do face unlock. Just because they don't brag about it doesn't mean its not there. Check the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rehHEepjio

The reason they don't brag about this is because it is not secured, it has been an android feature since 2011, but ur Elephone decide to make mouth about this making ignorant people like u think its a new feature.

LG G6 has better display (qhd vs 1080p)
Better build
IP68 water and dust resustant
Better camera (f/1.8 vs f/2.2 that is if u even know what that means) with OIS
HDR+

You keep shouting gorilla glass 5.. who that one epp? G6 has gorilla glass 3 on the front, gorilla glass 4 on its camera and gorilla glass 5 at the back. You really need to make ur research before making ur comment.

Just whill would I shell out 150k on an unknown Galaxy s8 wanna be Chinese phone with shitty camera? Just why?
Am not in for this baseless argument anymore whatever rock your boat I agree.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 1:03pm On Apr 22, 2018
greenhulk:

Am sorry I can't continue this baseless argument anymore whatever rock your boat I agree, am I free now?
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by johnnyholtby(m): 1:05pm On Apr 22, 2018
True it's baseless...only a dillusioned fellow would make such mediocre comparisons
OVA200:
Am sorry I can't continue this baseless argument anymore whatever rock your boat I agree, am I free now?
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 1:08pm On Apr 22, 2018
johnnyholtby:
True it's baseless...only a dillusioned fellow would make such mediocre comparisons
Yes I still agree but I think the person considering Note 5 ahead of this phone is not delusional.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 22, 2018
OVA200:
Am not in for this baseless argument anymore whatever rock your boat I agree.

Thank God u know it was a beseless argument. U took it too personal bro
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 1:39pm On Apr 22, 2018
greenhulk:

Thank God u know it was a beseless argument. U took it too personal bro
I didn't take anything personal bro I was just pissed of by some by some sentimental assumptions.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by henry007(m): 8:24pm On Apr 22, 2018
OVA200:
Yes I still agree but I think the person considering Note 5 ahead of this phone is not delusional.

I won't take Note 5 or G6 over it. Those phones are kinda outdated to be buying in 2018.

That doesn't mean U pro is better. It just means I don't like phones that are nearing their end of life.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 8:57pm On Apr 22, 2018
henry007:

I won't take Note 5 or G6 over it. Those phones are kinda outdated to be buying in 2018.

That doesn't mean U pro is better. It just means I don't like phones that are nearing their end of life.
I can see you are totally confused, you are saying earlier that you will pick them ahead of elephone but now you are saying they are kinda old, do you know G6 was released similar time with the S8?
I guess you dont , am not in for any argument anymore so anything you said is strongly support by me.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by henry007(m): 9:47pm On Apr 22, 2018
OVA200:
I can see you are totally confused, you are saying earlier that you will pick them ahead of elephone but now you are saying they are kinda old, do you know G6 was released similar time with the S8?
I guess you dont , am not in for any argument anymore so anything you said is strongly support by me.

I think you have me confused with someone else. G6 looked like an unfinished product from the get go. It couldn't stand close to the S8 for this reason then and now. Maybe you need to understand the difference between which device is better and which one someone prefers.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 9:56pm On Apr 22, 2018
henry007:

I think you have me confused with someone else. G6 looked like an unfinished product from the get go. It couldn't stand close to the S8 for this reason then and now. Maybe you need to understand the difference between which device is better and which one someone prefers.
Okay my mistake am very sorry for the misplaced identity.
I only say that when you said G6 is older and I understand ones choice when it comes to phone because what you need may be totally different from mine.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by henry007(m): 10:00pm On Apr 22, 2018
OVA200:
Okay my mistake am very sorry for the misplaced identity.
I only say that when you said G6 is older and I understand ones choice when it comes to phone because what you need may be totally different from mine.

G6 is not even that old but when you think about how quickly LG phones are forgotten, you'd just be weak.
Compare G5 with S7 Edge. G5 didn't age well at all.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 22, 2018
henry007:

Bro, how is the g6 obsolete in 2018? It's a well built flagship phone that ticks all the boxes. Is it because it uses snapdragon 821? For it's price it's one of the best value for money right now.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by henry007(m): 11:01pm On Apr 22, 2018
greenhulk:

Bro, how is the g6 obsolete in 2018? It's a well built flagship phone that ticks all the boxes. Is it because it uses snapdragon 821? For it's price it's one of the best value for money right now.

I won't have bought it when it was launched coz it was never the best thing on the market for the price they were calling so why consider buying it now? price reduction isn't enough coz all phones from that year also got a price cut so what is the catch?
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 22, 2018
henry007:

I won't have bought it when it was launched coz it was never the best thing on the market for the price they were calling so why consider buying it now? price reduction isn't enough coz all phones from that year also got a price cut so what is the catch?

Na, it was sold for around $650 when it was released. Price has dropped to around $450. S8 that was released same year is still sold for around $650. G6 is one of the most underrated phones of last year. It's a solid device with very good feature rich camera... That manual mode na die. Plus it's got a good build quality, not like g5 that was a total miss. I'm not saying it's on per with s8 but it holds it's ground and still one of the best flagship phones that give value for money. Oh and the international version got the HiFi quad DAC for music lovers

Trust me if u haven't used a phone with HiFi quad DAC u won't understand what I mean. I'm basically a Bluetooth headphones guy, I have 2 high quality Bluetooth headsets (Sony sbh 20 and jabra clipper). But since getting my LG v20 I have switched to using wired headphones because of the built in quad DAC that gets activated while using wired headphones. The sound difference is so clear, very amazing sound. If u want to enjoy ur music, get a high quality headphones and plug it into any phone with HiFi quad dac and u will be in cloud 9.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by OVA200(m): 11:30pm On Apr 22, 2018
henry007:

G6 is not even that old but when you think about how quickly LG phones are forgotten, you'd just be weak.
Compare G5 with S7 Edge. G5 didn't age well at all.
God bless you for this point, am a big fan of LG but I don't what they are not getting right because they are fast fading in smartphone world.
Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by henry007(m): 11:52pm On Apr 22, 2018
greenhulk:

Na, it was sold for around $650 when it was released. Price has dropped to around $450. S8 that was released same year is still sold for around $650. G6 is one of the most underrated phones of last year. It's a solid device with very good feature rich camera... That manual mode na die. Plus it's got a good build quality, not like g5 that was a total miss. I'm not saying it's on per with s8 but it holds it's ground and still one of the best flagship phones that give value for money. Oh and the international version got the HiFi quad DAC for music lovers

I literally just saw this today. Maybe you need to find where to buy your S8 at the market price.
Whatever the case may be it's not even a Samsung S8 vs LG G6 thing if it have $450 and looking for a phone to buy. G6 would not be considered at all.

Re: Why Is Elephone U Pro So Underrated? by Nobody: 12:10am On Apr 23, 2018
henry007:

I literally just saw this today. Maybe you need to find where to buy your S8 at the market price.
Whatever the case may be it's not even a Samsung S8 vs LG G6 thing if it have $450 and looking for a phone to buy. G6 would not be considered at all.

That's eBay bro. I was talking about the price u will get it from phone shops. U can also get the g6 on eBay for around $300 or less if u are lucky to bump on limited offer deals just like this s9 u posted. For me if I have $450 they g6 will be a good buy for me, I guess we have different tastes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do You Download Large Files? / Get 2.5gb On MTN With Just 1000 Naira. / Win A Romantic Boat Cruise With 3chub's Valentine's Promotion!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.