Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,770 members, 7,806,121 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

What Are The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Should Has? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Are The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Should Has? (15525 Views)

As A First Time Car Owner, What Are The Must Have Car Documents /papers To Get ? / [expert Car Comparison] Camry Vs Corolla, Which Used Car Should You Buy? / See The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Owner Should Have (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Should Has? by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 21, 2018
[quote author=thesicilian post=66892528]
A true Nigerian should know the kind of paper the police is interested in.[/quote

Money ba? Na the ultimate paper be dat.]

1 Like

Re: What Are The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Should Has? by jospepper(m): 7:42am On Apr 21, 2018
The police are mostly interested in your partiKOLAS shikena.
Re: What Are The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Should Has? by saintol(m): 7:46am On Apr 21, 2018
In Lucky Dube's voice... "Aaaand everything is money money money yeah money money money money". Sometimes that is the only language "they" understand.
Re: What Are The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Should Has? by kingchris30(m): 7:49am On Apr 21, 2018
police officers and road safety on this forum should help us. anyway I think there are not happy when your papers are complete
Re: What Are The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Should Has? by omaolowo(m): 8:05am On Apr 21, 2018
IMASTEX:
1. Proof of ownership
2. Driver's license
3. General Motor Receipt
4. Hacking carriage
5. Insurance
6. Certificate of road worthiness
7. Cash

Cash, yes cash. Because after showing the 6 stated documents. The cash may prove to be more authentic.

In addition is Custom Papers - Proof of payment of custom duty
Re: What Are The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Should Has? by obonujoker(m): 8:14am On Apr 21, 2018
Lol... you think police, VIO or even FRSC are happy when your particulars are complete? grin
Re: What Are The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Should Has? by greggng: 9:25am On Apr 21, 2018
IMASTEX:
1. Proof of ownership
2. Driver's license
3. General Motor Receipt
4. Hacking carriage
5. Insurance
7. Cash

Cash, yes cash. Because after showing the 6 stated documents. The cash may prove to be more authentic.

I 've not heard about General motor receipt for the past 10 years I 've been driving. Except that car was reported stolen and there is need for you to establish the real owner At the police station.
Re: What Are The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Should Has? by agarawu23(m): 9:29am On Apr 21, 2018
moscobabs:
If your car is tinted..the first paper to have is Tinted permit cos thats the first thing police will ask of u

Then your vehicle particulars

E.g Roadworthiness

Insurance (fake or original) they cant differentiate

Vehicle licence

Drivers licence

And #200 note

To bail yourself incase any of these documents is missing or not upto date.

you forgot allocation of plate number? Stupid police, they have use that nonsense to get me twice until I bribe them.
Re: What Are The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Should Has? by thebigkendo(m): 10:41am On Apr 21, 2018
calddon:
1. Proof of ownership( should be for un registered vehicles)
Vehicle insurance
2. Vehicle road worthiness(should be for commercial vehicle..but npf undecided)MOT does this
3. Receipt of number plate
4. Vehicle registration certificate
5. Tinted permit(if vehicle is tinted) ...the one done online on npf site
6. Drivers licence
7. Cash

..1 useless custom official asked me for custom papers, i know he wont forget dat day

Abeg give us gist
Re: What Are The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Should Has? by Oshlander: 11:24am On Apr 21, 2018

1 Like

Re: What Are The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Should Has? by Octaves(m): 1:27pm On Apr 21, 2018
police check points between Elele and Imo state keep asking me for police clearance. and they've extorted money from me because of it.
pls what do you guys know about police clearance.
again, they once said the engine number of the car(not my car) I was driving a certain time was incorrect. I was there they stopped another car, a Benz ml jeep and extorted money from the driver over the same issue.
they said the engine. number was not supposed to start with a certain alphabet.... bla bla bla. they detained us until we parted with some cash. what do you guys know about this.
cc autojosh

1 Like

Re: What Are The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Should Has? by smalls001: 2:54pm On Apr 21, 2018
AreaFada2:
Minimum should be licence, proof of ownership and receipt, insurance and customs papers if imported. All should be genuine!
I bet you if you show custom papers without them asking, you have already complicated your matter. They will always look for some imaginary fault that you may have never heard of.
Re: What Are The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Should Has? by AreaFada2: 3:09pm On Apr 21, 2018
smalls001:
I bet you if you show custom papers without them asking, you have already complicated your matter. They will always look for some imaginary fault that you may have never heard of.

Well OP's question was about the important documents one should have. Have them but just show them only what they ask for. Under normal circumstances if you have pulled out three documents, you should be allowed to go. But around Xmas time when they all want plenty of money, they can ask for endless number of papers. Even though they have no business with all those in law. You can run into Police, VIO, Road safety & customs in certain areas. So many that most do not even know who's entitled to ask for what document.

MOT/road worthiness paper is another document they might be entitled to ask for.
Re: What Are The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Should Has? by shollywhite17: 3:32pm On Apr 21, 2018
ur insurance can be checked on www.askniid.org
Re: What Are The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Should Has? by DaV8King(m): 3:49pm On Apr 21, 2018
IMASTEX:
1. Proof of ownership
2. Driver's license
3. General Motor Receipt
4. Hacking carriage
5. Insurance
7. Cash

Applies only to taxi and commercial vehicles
Re: What Are The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Should Has? by Shugarlord213: 1:49pm On Apr 22, 2018
FOR Ibadan them day vex like mad. Me go just park my car and save up and get my necessary papers. This one my driving license day take time
Re: What Are The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Should Has? by deborsky(m): 7:16pm On Oct 21, 2018
lk
Re: What Are The Basic Documents (papers) A Car Should Has? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 21, 2018
Crisp new N100 and N200 notes wink

Hello Officer, eku ise ilu, orun yi de mu di e o. Egba eba mi fi ra pure water.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Dangers Of Potholes And How To Handle It / A Short Story About My Baby (pictures Included) / Do You Know 5 Must-check Parts When Buying A Used Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.