Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,174 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

. - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (579433 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by spyder880(m): 8:58pm On Jul 08, 2018
ChimaAdeoye:

In 2015, they were paying as high as N120-150K per year in Uli/Okija axis.

There were no water supply borehole, No Electricity and the roads in front of the place were the WORST in Africa. Not to mention they were really old buildings only fit as an old woman's kitchen or as a store to keep disused household junk. They just painted the inside of the room.

Infact, i came back to the US and advised the parents to remove the girls from those schools. But they managed to graduate.

Oga Spyder,
Remember our telephone conversation a few weeks ago. Remember this is July and I'm coming back this month. Biko, arrange with my bros to find me land in Awka or Enugu where i can build. Preferably in Awka.

Biko, i don't want too expensive land. Will (N4-6 million) be okay to set aside for land in a commercial area?
Biko negotiate well on the land, remember i'm just a nurse and not a business man like you big shots.

I remember, I am still looking for low priced lands in Awka as I will be around on Monday once again and I will see more lands for sale. Ha! Nurses are big people abroad o cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 9:05pm On Jul 08, 2018
mufutau55:

About how much to build this... move in stage.
How many plots needed and size of plot.
Thanks.

Hajji M.

Welcome Oga mi, I am thinking that the cost for this might be about N100m from start till fully completed with a small wardrobe. I believe a plot of about 100x120 can fit this house perfectly. Students are not known to drive many cars, so parking space will be minimal.
Re: . by Xander85: 9:06pm On Jul 08, 2018
horsepower101:

It’s very frustrating dealing with these illegal crossers. I almost killed a woman last Christmas period who literally jumped to the road when I was driving. She looked at me as if I was the wrong person.

But to be fair, there is no pedestrian bridge in that area. There needs to be about 4 or more. You can’t blame the people if the critical infrastructure is not there. If they cannot put a bridge, then they should install a red light to slow down traffic for pedestrians.

Or they could think of building a subway. The Brits did it decades ago in Enugu, so i don't see why we can't do it now.

Those overhead bridges can be so unsightly, and tend to take away from the sweeping panoramic views of the wide expressway.
Re: . by mufutau55(m): 9:27pm On Jul 08, 2018
spyder880:

Welcome Oga mi, I am thinking that the cost for this might be about N100m from start till fully completed with a small wardrobe. I believe a plot of about 100x120 can fit this house perfectly. Students are not known to drive many cars, so parking space will be minimal.

Thank you very much Sir. You know say I dey here since dey lurk o.

Hajji M.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Dremca(m): 9:59pm On Jul 08, 2018
Everyone knows that dealing with any government agency via online is not that cool, is better you visit them and ensure you're loaded. grin grin grin
sassysure:

Are they online?
Must one go to awka before having access to them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 10:30pm On Jul 08, 2018
Xander85:

Or they could think of building a subway. The Brits did it decades ago in Enugu, so i don't see why we can't do it now.

Those overhead bridges can be so unsightly, and tend to take away from the sweeping panoramic views of the wide expressway.

A subway will be a cool idea, but with Nigeria security at this low, robbers, kidnappers, cultists and other low lives may make the subway a home where they plan more evil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 10:33pm On Jul 08, 2018
mufutau55:

Thank you very much Sir. You know say I dey here since dey lurk o.

Hajji M.

I know Sir, as soon as I dig up a great property investment strategy that will create wealth, I am sure to let you know in good time. Thank you once again Sir.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 09, 2018
Dremca:
Everyone knows that dealing with any government agency via online is not that cool, is better you visit them and ensure you're loaded. grin grin grin
U have a point. Thank you.
Re: . by Xander85: 2:18pm On Jul 09, 2018
spyder880:
A bigger hostel of about 80 self contained rooms..........

Spyder, you know who supplies security for the students living in these off-campus facilities? I'm hoping the students (especially the girls) are secured properly!

I've never been a fan of this off-campus arrangement. Besides being unsafe, all that 'freedom' and 'independence' for people so young can be a bit distracting and even a bit corrupting!

At UNN, i vividly remember that most of the bad-boys that didn't live in lecturers BQs lived in these off-campus accommodations! shocked
Re: . by Handsomegod(m): 2:31pm On Jul 09, 2018
Xander85:

Spyder, you know who supplies security for the students living in these off-campus facilities? I'm hoping the students (especially the girls) are secured properly!

I've never been a fan of this off-campus arrangement. Besides being unsafe, all that 'freedom' and 'independence' for people so young can be a bit distracting and even a bit corrupting!

At UNN, i vividly remember that most of the bad-boys that didn't live in lecturers BQs lived in these off-campus accommodations! shocked
. Hmmmm. Xander85. You are a Super Lion too?. Here, I am too sir. Economics Class of 2009. Lived at Mbanefo Hall,BQ's at Mbanefo stret and Catwright. I sincerely can relate with your genuine concern about the trade off of freedom a.k.a distractions these off campus locations bring to bear on students. Nothing beats a good and clean hostel residence located inside the school.There are sound reasons, developmental and existential ones too that informed emphasis on living in the hostel by the founders of our great citadel. I can relate very well. I've always had my mixed reactions concerning all these off-campus locations and it's impact on learning,concentration and appreciating the very substance of ivory towers.

1 Like

Re: . by spyder880(m): 8:10pm On Jul 09, 2018
Xander85:

Security is an issue in those areas but not often. I have heard of cases of boys attacking and stealing phones but nothing too serious. On the issue of their freedom, well, can you really hold down a girl who wants to roam around? grin No.

This is how students are everywhere, but its not a rampant happening in Awka. The students are still respected.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by InvertedHammer: 1:06am On Jul 10, 2018
oneeast:
Spyder don't mind her, nurses are the most paid medical professionals in America. My elder brother is a nurse in Sugarland, Texas, so i know everything.

Mrs. Chima no vex, na joke cheesy

Lol @ the most paid medical professionals.

//

1 Like

Re: . by spyder880(m): 10:11am On Jul 11, 2018
Which city is this? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 10:17am On Jul 11, 2018
....... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 10:30am On Jul 11, 2018
..... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 10:36am On Jul 11, 2018
More. ........

3 Likes

Re: . by Afam4eva(m): 10:37am On Jul 11, 2018
spyder880:
Looks like Awka?

1 Like

Re: . by mancanoe: 10:38am On Jul 11, 2018
spyder880:
This is Achala layout..... Behind new crunches off Agbani road...... That magnificent 3 floor building is close to one newly renovated bricks shop opposite it.

1 Like

Re: . by asha9: 10:39am On Jul 11, 2018
Its a tight race between Onitsha and Enugu. Awka has more of duplexes than medium rise flats.

1 Like

Re: . by spyder880(m): 10:40am On Jul 11, 2018
Afam4eva:

Looks like Awka?

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: . by mancanoe: 10:40am On Jul 11, 2018
042 for life...
Re: . by spyder880(m): 10:49am On Jul 11, 2018
Ndi be anyi ndewoooo cheesy

4 Likes

Re: . by mancanoe: 10:50am On Jul 11, 2018
FrOm the last picture I can site secret heart, keystone bank, police detective college etc all along ziks Avenue..... Oga spyder are you on ngwoo hills to get these pictures real good?

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 11, 2018
042 ebeano, Anyi na aku-aku

Reminds me of the famous talk, when we still tender,
"oji okpa anghu tea - onye wawa grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 11:07am On Jul 11, 2018
spyder880:

It’s Enugu.

These are really beautiful pictures. Dalu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by cjrane: 11:12am On Jul 11, 2018
spyder880:

Enugu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 12:25pm On Jul 11, 2018
Climbing higher to take more pictures cheesy

5 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 12:31pm On Jul 11, 2018
More

4 Likes

Re: . by whirlwind7(m): 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2018
spyder880:
Climbing higher to take more pictures cheesy

Emmm...what did you climb? A hill, or a high rise building?

2 Likes

Re: . by Xander85: 2:30pm On Jul 11, 2018
And like Mr Scaramanga said to Nik-Nak...Spyder, you have surpassed yourself! smiley

Did you use a drone to capture those pics?

Looking at them, one can't help but well up with pride at the doggedness, resilience and entrepreneurial spirit of Ndigbo! All what you see there is the effort of no one else but Igbos....unlike what is obtainable in most other cosmopolitan cities in Nigeria where 'one Nigeria' and federal effort has helped them drive development! And this is even more commendable given how we started off with just £20 and how the political-economy of Nigeria since the late 60s has been tilted against us!

Nice one! smiley

3 Likes

Re: . by whirlwind7(m): 4:05pm On Jul 11, 2018
Xander85:
And like Mr Scaramanga said to Nik-Nak...Spyder, you have surpassed yourself! smiley

Looking at them, one can't help but well up with pride at the doggedness, resilience and entrepreneurial spirit of Ndigbo! All what you see there is the effort of no one else but Igbos....unlike what is obtainable in most other cosmopolitan cities in Nigeria where 'one Nigeria' and federal effort has helped them drive development! And this is even more commendable given how we started off with just £20 and how the political-economy of Nigeria since the late 60s has been tilted against us!

Nice one! smiley

This is what most non Igbos outside the SE find hard to comprehend.
Igbos mostly have this innate drive to make their vicinity look decent. They compete fiercely, albeit healthily among themselves over this.
For example, once a new area opens up to development, the first few houses in that area would decide the general structures that most of the property owners will build.
Southerners generally exhibit this trend too, but Igbos take it to new levels.
The drawback so far is that we haven't been compensated with governors who are ambitious and futuristic in their outlook.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 4:51pm On Jul 11, 2018
Xander85:

Nice one! smiley

Igbo Esika

A lot of Igbo youths are getting very impatient to see rapid development in Igboland (myself included). That is very understandable and commendable because it shows that they love and care for their fatherland.

But one thing some forget sometimes is where Igbos started from after the war. When IBB visited Onitsha in the 80s, he was so shocked that the city he pummeled to the ground had been rapidly rebuilt.

There is a reason Nigerians are scared of Igbos and are constantly watching every move we make. There is a reason that they are always scared of us leaving this contraption. They know we TRULY have the ability to build a nation with little to no natural resources because we have done it with our cities. But their biggest fear is us leaving them behind in all aspects of human development.

If hausa-fulanis say that they want to leave Nigeria, many will celebrate. When Igbos say that the want to leave Nigeria, many will call for war. This has been proven many times on various threads in the past.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.