Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge (15437 Views)

A Nairalander Teaches Guys How To Prepare Nigerian Jollof Rice / Corned Beef Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Corned Beef Stew / Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by vinegurl(f): 6:17am On Apr 21, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDAd1YVU_RA

Sweet potatoes are always a versatile, healthy option for breakfast; they're loaded with fiber and nutrients, including beta-carotene, vitamins A and C, and antioxidants. Aside that, they can be grilled, baked, mashed and grilled. Another great way to enjoy sweet potatoes is to cook them into savory porridge.
This delicious sweet potato recipe is perfect for cold weather; it’s a comfort food you can enjoy as breakfast or lunch, you only need just few ingredients to make it tasty. See how to prepare sweet potato porridge and also see the video above for better explanation.

Ingredients You Will Need

1. 5 medium sweet potatoes
2. 1 medium fish (mackerel or Salmon)
3. 5 medium tomatoes
4. 3 red bell peppers
5. 2 scotch bonnet peppers
6. 2 tablespoon ground crayfish
7. 2 stock cubes
8. 1 medium ginger
9. 1 cup chopped spring onion, ugu or spinach
10. 1 medium onion
11. 1-teaspoon turmeric powder
12. 1-teaspoon thyme
13. ¼ cup of peanut oil

Steps on How to Prepare Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge

1. Peel sweet potatoes and dice into medium sizes, rinse with clean water into a pot.
2. Add water to slightly cover the potatoes and place on heat to cook for 15 minutes.
3. While potatoes is cooking, blend tomatoes with peppers, chop onion, spring onion and set aside.
4. Season and cook fish to extract some rich stock, take out the middle bones and shred the fish with a fork and set aside.
5. Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, drain from the liquid and set aside, add peanut oil to a wide pot and place on heat.
6. Add chopped onions and ginger to the oil and fry for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
7. Add the blended tomatoes to the oil and cook for 10 minutes for the liquid to reduce.
8. Season the tomato sauce with turmeric powder, stock cubes, salt, thyme and pepper if you need more. Cook until the sauce starts to
thicken.
9. Bring the boiled potatoes to the sauce and stir properly, add the shredded fish and the spring onion/spinach and stir well to incorporate.
Leave the porridge to cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Take it off heat and serve it warm or as you desire.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by olasaad(f): 6:36am On Apr 21, 2018
hmmm thanks for sharing

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by akeentech(m): 7:41am On Apr 21, 2018
vinegurl will you marry me? forget sex I prefer a good cook to a good sex.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 21, 2018
My favourite when it comes to porridge.

1 Like

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by samzzycash(m): 7:43am On Apr 21, 2018
Well you should drop tutorial for yam porridge. Because that's what I have available this morning.

1 Like

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by vinegurl(f): 7:43am On Apr 21, 2018
sexybaby22:
My favourite when it comes to porridge.
Wow, good to know!
Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by Lamzee(m): 7:44am On Apr 21, 2018
the thing wey madam golf dey take collect our money for computer village

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by vinegurl(f): 7:44am On Apr 21, 2018
olasaad:
hmmm thanks for sharing
You're welcome dear
Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by Sparkle777(f): 7:44am On Apr 21, 2018
I ll try this recipe now,tnx.

1 Like

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by Flexherbal(m): 7:45am On Apr 21, 2018
I am feeling very hungry, now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by CriticMaestro: 7:46am On Apr 21, 2018
So without all those ingredients u can't cook a decent porridge? Na y I like my mom she fit make beef taste like goatee with little ingredients....person wey Sabi sabi

2 Likes

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by Narldon: 7:47am On Apr 21, 2018

Yesterday, a Plantain-Chip Seller put her hand through my Car Window to knock My Head...

Just because I changed my Mind about buying it.

5 Likes

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by AKzee(m): 7:50am On Apr 21, 2018
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by oyetunder(m): 7:52am On Apr 21, 2018
hard working Nigerians...

1 Like

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by AKzee(m): 7:52am On Apr 21, 2018
Sparkle777:
I ll try this recipe now,tnx.
Please call me when it's ready. I live in the bungalow behind that yellow shop you came to buy salt just now.

5 Likes

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by Smooth14: 7:53am On Apr 21, 2018
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by cassidy1996(m): 7:54am On Apr 21, 2018
hmm.... ..this is good, you are the best. Cook Vine! please don't forget to send my package. Happy weekend.......
Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by Sparkle777(f): 7:56am On Apr 21, 2018
AKzee:

Please call me when it's ready. I live in the bungalow behind that yellow shop you came to buy salt just now.

grin grin grin grin
Your location?
I'll make extra.

1 Like

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by Offpoint: 7:57am On Apr 21, 2018
How I offpoint son of offpoint-senior prepares sweet potato.

1. wash am (if I'm in a good mood) i no dey peel am make the quantity no reduce.
2. put am for fire
3. sweet potato done

INGREDIENTS:
1. palm oil
2. Salt
3. no. 1&2
I be hustler

How I prepared Healthy sweet potato
INGREDIENTS:
1. borrow Maggi from iya keki
2. borrow ata kuku from yomi
3. borrow crayfish from mama chinedu
4. red oil dey my house 247
5. check my rat trap welda any show dey
6.Healthy sweet potato is ready
7. lock my door tight....... battle begins

I be hustler no be my fault
so, op you no fit push me go steal this morning

6 Likes

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by inoki247: 7:57am On Apr 21, 2018
how can i eat from d pishure above

1 Like

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by folake4u(f): 8:01am On Apr 21, 2018
Yummy food!
Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by dewale2k: 8:04am On Apr 21, 2018
vinegurl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDAd1YVU_RA

Sweet potatoes are always a versatile, healthy option for breakfast; they're loaded with fiber and nutrients, including beta-carotene, vitamins A and C, and antioxidants. Aside that, they can be grilled, baked, mashed and grilled. Another great way to enjoy sweet potatoes is to cook them into savory porridge.
This delicious sweet potato recipe is perfect for cold weather; it’s a comfort food you can enjoy as breakfast or lunch, you only need just few ingredients to make it tasty. See how to prepare sweet potato porridge and also see the video above for better explanation.

Ingredients You Will Need

1. 5 medium sweet potatoes
2. 1 medium fish (mackerel or Salmon)
3. 5 medium tomatoes
4. 3 red bell peppers
5. 2 scotch bonnet peppers
6. 2 tablespoon ground crayfish
7. 2 stock cubes
8. 1 medium ginger
9. 1 cup chopped spring onion, ugu or spinach
10. 1 medium onion
11. 1-teaspoon turmeric powder
12. 1-teaspoon thyme
13. ¼ cup of peanut oil

Steps on How to Prepare Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge

1. Peel sweet potatoes and dice into medium sizes, rinse with clean water into a pot.
2. Add water to slightly cover the potatoes and place on heat to cook for 15 minutes.
3. While potatoes is cooking, blend tomatoes with peppers, chop onion, spring onion and set aside.
4. Season and cook fish to extract some rich stock, take out the middle bones and shred the fish with a fork and set aside.
5. Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, drain from the liquid and set aside, add peanut oil to a wide pot and place on heat.
6. Add chopped onions and ginger to the oil and fry for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
7. Add the blended tomatoes to the oil and cook for 10 minutes for the liquid to reduce.
8. Season the tomato sauce with turmeric powder, stock cubes, salt, thyme and pepper if you need more. Cook until the sauce starts to
thicken.
9. Bring the boiled potatoes to the sauce and stir properly, add the shredded fish and the spring onion/spinach and stir well to incorporate.
Leave the porridge to cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Take it off heat and serve it warm or as you desire.

Cc. Lalasticlala, Suen, Jummiefoodie, Cococandy, Jagugu88li, Mynd44, Fynestboi, Obinoscopy, Dominique.
noted
Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by faithfull18(f): 8:06am On Apr 21, 2018
Nice.It's always too sweet.

Visit my profile to get data at the best prices you can find ....
Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by HeWrites(m): 8:11am On Apr 21, 2018
Narldon:

Yesterday, a Plantain-Chip Seller put her hand through my Car Window to knock My Head...

Just because I changed my Mind about buying it.

Copied!!
Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by Buffalowings3(m): 8:28am On Apr 21, 2018
B
Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by Yewandequeen(f): 8:35am On Apr 21, 2018
Where is ur house let me come join u, at least they say there is love in sharing.
Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by Paradigm777: 9:03am On Apr 21, 2018
Hmmm... OP, u be 1000 yard wife material... Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by kmaster007: 9:03am On Apr 21, 2018
I can cook d way I wntd it jooooor
Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by Paradigm777: 9:04am On Apr 21, 2018
Yewandequeen:
Where is ur house let me come join u, at least they say there is love in sharing.

There is peace in having your own cheesy

1 Like

Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by PrincessB1(f): 9:56am On Apr 21, 2018
Offpoint:
How I offpoint son of offpoint-senior prepares sweet potato.

1. wash am (if I'm in a good mood) i no dey peel am make the quantity no reduce.
2. put am for fire
3. sweet potato done

INGREDIENTS:
1. palm oil
2. Salt
3. no. 1&2
I be hustler

How I prepared Healthy sweet potato
INGREDIENTS:
1. borrow Maggi from iya keki
2. borrow ata kuku from yomi
3. borrow crayfish from mama chinedu
4. red oil dey my house 247
5. check my rat trap welda any show dey
6.Healthy sweet potato is ready
7. lock my door tight....... battle begins

I be hustler no be my fault
so, op you no fit push me go steal this morning
So hilarious grin grin grin
Re: Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge by 1Sharon(f): 11:16am On Apr 21, 2018
I HATE sweet potatoes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangers Of Consuming Genetically Modified Foods / Ways To Avoid The Temptation To Eat Out / Which Brand Of Blender Is Good For Blending Beans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.