Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,716 members, 7,805,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" (38935 Views)

Joe Igbokwe Raises Alarm over Gully Erosion In His Town(pictures) / 'Nnamdi Kanu, The Playboy Is In Jerusalem Enjoying His Life' - Joe Igbokwe / Joe Igbokwe Reacts To Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Over NYSC Certificate Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by tonididdy(m): 5:08pm On Apr 21, 2018
frenzyduchess:
The elders failed to provide for the youths the opportunities the British left behind. They destroyed the legacy the colonial masters left, the blue print left for us was turned into an opportunity to enrich themselves and their generation yet unborn.

This elder who in his time probably went to school for free, didn't have to struggle to get a job turns around to spew trash after him and the rest old people including the frail president with mouth diarrhea have destroyed the very system meant to shape the future of this country .

Inspite of the fact that this old people have left nothing on ground for the present and future generation(cos they have looted all that is left), the average Nigerian youth struggles against all odds to survive,we adjust, we adapt to the harsh economy they plunger us into, we constantly struggle to make ends meet in this shit hole country yet this thieves turn around to call us lazy and uneducated. Stupid presidents both past and present, useless polithifians that go out to see how sane countries are run but still come to Nigeria to do the opposite. Nonsense and ingredients.

wow what a lady you are
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by PoliticalChinex(m): 5:34pm On Apr 21, 2018
Cyynthialove:
Idiot
The truth is often bitter!
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by bankylan: 5:50pm On Apr 21, 2018
400billionman:
As an objective person I agree Joe Igbokwe raised salient points. Youths of today are impatient unintelligent and rash. They dont read books to learn about live. I went to fix my generator one day and found out that this man was working alone. I asked him Sir where are your apprentices? He said they all left. Why sir I asked. He said they are not patient to learn. I was there and the man made N9000 by 4 pm when I left

You appear to be mentally lazy. Besides, your English is average. Your reasoning as shown in what you wrote is somehow shallow and limited- an indication that you are guilty of your allegation against the people you attacked. The boys that left the generator repairer in your story perhaps left for another repairer or another vocation. Their departure from that particular man is not a valid ground to call them lazy. Proper education makes you objective; sort yourself out first before calling out on hardworking Nigerian youths.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by donkaz2(m): 5:58pm On Apr 21, 2018
The truth be told some Nigerian youths are lazy especially the Yoruba and igbos .......
Hausa might be illiterate but I can bet they will use there power to feed by doing many odd jobs.

Example : in Yoruba land now most youth even primary children now either do Yahoo yahooo or die in sport betting house , u can imagine getting to a sport betting center on a Monday morning and seeing students with uniform forcasting hmmm what a waste youth ..... Just like the writter said many parents are willing to bribe just that there children pass common entrance exams that is primary 6 what do u thing will then happen in jamb and waec .....we have many private school are they built to better our education system? No they are built for special centers and money making only very few do the write things most of this schools are headed by religious person to say.
The igbos hmmmmmm cultist, Yahoo boys and fraudsters very few are ready to hustle and struggle the right way , once they see any slight opportunity to change course and be evil they don't think twice , itsl all show it Nigeria today the so called the illiterate Hausas are our leader it's all because the Yoruba and igbos youth have become lazy since the 80s
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by donkaz2(m): 5:59pm On Apr 21, 2018
#yoruba and Igbos youths are lazy that's why the high illiterate Hausas are our leaders now and our next option of candidate
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Oduwils222(m): 6:36pm On Apr 21, 2018
As far as yahoo yahoo is concern, Benin boys always tops the chart.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by henrixx(m): 7:18pm On Apr 21, 2018
400billionman:
As an objective person I agree Joe Igbokwe raised salient points. Youths of today are impatient unintelligent and rash. They dont read books to learn about live. I went to fix my generator one day and found out that this man was working alone. I asked him Sir where are your apprentices? He said they all left. Why sir I asked. He said they are not patient to learn. I was there and the man made N9000 by 4 pm when I left
you are lazy.... You spent the whole day at repairing your Gen and calculating the engineer's earning. Just the typical lazy Nigerian
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Kingspin(m): 7:33pm On Apr 21, 2018
400billionman:
You blaming the youths, who will the youths blame? The elites, politicians brought Nigeria the way it is right now. When they were destroying Nigeria back then they also destroyed the future of our country the youths. Like they say like father like son. Nigeria have failed to build proper system/society and guide the youths right. The rot for real started from the top. I have come to understand that whenever a leader is at the wrong path then failure become cheap. Lets put the record straight Nigeria is a failed state. While Joe Igbokwae should also know that not every youth is a criminal.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Mimee803: 8:11pm On Apr 21, 2018
400billionman:
As an objective person I agree Joe Igbokwe raised salient points. Youths of today are impatient unintelligent and rash. They dont read books to learn about life. I went to fix my generator one day and found out that this man was working alone. I asked him Sir where are your apprentices? He said they all left. Why sir I asked. He said they are not patient to learn. I was there and the man made N9000 by 4 pm when I left.
I agree totally but u have to understand that it's just a reflection of the rot and decay in Nigerian society itself these youth 1st are not equipped in any school set up in nigeria the curriculums are outdated and the conditions of learning is nothing to write home about and they know this because of the internet, they also know corruption they see their friends who pay for exams pass better get better jobs etc they also see the dino malayes flaunting their ill gotten wealth in their face without consequence ofcos they begin to think no matter d book I read it wont help I just have to cheat steal to get by because in Nigeria if u steal if u are corrupt nothing happen in fact u live like a king...don't forget these youths are very imprssionable people they know what they see and that's what they will regurgitate...
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by MIKOLOWISKA: 8:41pm On Apr 21, 2018
Realdeals:
Sorry, all those examples Igbokwe mentioned are people who are striving to etched a living for themselves the way they understand, all the incidences happened due to failed governance.
From the write-up, they never ask anything for free, they did things based on the way they felt it will work.
Buhari and the rest of his generation destroyed the value of hardwork.
but how did the governance fail. Is it not youth that voted for failure by commission or omission
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by olaboy1: 8:44pm On Apr 21, 2018
Netanyahu1:

My business requires apprentice too, I have been working alone for a long time now, only job seekers, not employers will disagree with buhari on this one, I don't like Buhari for any reason, but he's right on this one, abeg our generation is full of lazy, greedy and inpatient youths.

A graduate can't take accurate stock of what what's in the stock and calculate his day's sales, talking about educated illiterates. Anyone that don't own a business where he or she have employed Nigerian youths before , please don't contribute to this argument.

Blame it on the system and not the graduates. When students have to study in darkness with candles and you want them to perform like Harvard trained, you are not serious.

Fix electricity, build good schools and you start getting good results. You can’t plant oranges and expect apples.
What you give is what you get.

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 21, 2018
olaboy1:

Blame it on the system and not the graduates. When students have to study in darkness with candles and you want them to perform like Harvard trained, you are not serious.

Fix electricity, build good schools and you start getting good results. You can’t plant oranges and expect apples.
What you give is what you get.
We are not talking about graduates not understanding rocket science here, we are talking about graduates not being able to tabulate record with pen and paper or even interpret it.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 21, 2018
Iceberg3:

[s]Old Roger,the topic reads,Joe Igbokwe:10 Reasons I Insist Nigeria Youths Are Lazy.

An Eastern institution conducted research based on the warped rants of your nepa bill degree holding junk president,rants he stupidly spilled over all Nigerian youths and here you are,like the Olympic medalist illiterate that you are,looking for Eastern rats and cockroaches.. grin

And he spoke about Reading and comprehension! Hahahaha HHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA...WHAT A ZOMBIE grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin

take it easy,I know you amalas always cum whenever you come across anything Igbo or Eastern grin grin

Now,again,shut up and repeat after me,SAI BABA grin grin[/s]

I'm quite sure you are a big disappointment to your parents.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by lereinter(m): 9:48pm On Apr 21, 2018
just cos of naira people bring curse on their generation
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by e7ejinima: 10:08pm On Apr 21, 2018
Netanyahu1:
We are not talking about graduates not understanding rocket science here, we are talking about graduates not being able to tabulate record with pen and paper or even interpret it.

@Netanyahu1, you tend to overate the real meaning of "graduate". May be you are not a graduate, yourself (No offense meant pls). A graduate with zero work experience is just a tanker of potentials, no work knowledge. In fact, he's there to learn.

I am an Engineer. A graduate of engineering in any work place is called a pupil engineer. In the accounting/audit practice forms, graduates are trainees.

Who would have thought that graduate how to tabulate and record if his course does not involve industrial attachment (SIWES), which of course has been basterdised.

Next time you hire a fresh graduate, put him/her on unconfirmed status/probation and budget for his/training for the first 6-18months. Complain afterwards if he/she becomes untrainable

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Nobody: 1:01am On Apr 22, 2018
e7ejinima:

@Netanyahu1, you tend to overate the real meaning of "graduate". May be you are not a graduate, yourself (No offense meant pls). A graduate with zero work experience is just a tanker of potentials, no work knowledge. In fact, he's there to learn.

I am an Engineer. A graduate of engineering in any work place is called a pupil engineer. In the accounting/audit practice forms, graduates are trainees.

Who would have thought that graduate how to tabulate and record if his course does not involve industrial attachment (SIWES), which of course has been basterdised.

Next time you hire a fresh graduate, put him/her on unconfirmed status/probation and budget for his/training for the first 6-18months. Complain afterwards if he/she becomes untrainable

Professor, nobody is trying to steal your certificate from you or debate your status as a graduate, as you rightly pointed out , I'm not a graduate, I'm a skilled artisan. But any fool will understand that a university graduate that cannot take a simple stock of what he or she finds any warehouse needs to have thier brain checked.

FYI what Was too difficult for three different graduates to figure out was done by a high school leaver, and he did it well enough for me to make him the store manager.

In other words a graduate that can not read and write is a course to any nation.

And for your information, the best engineers I have seen in different field were not graduates.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by eniaforolo: 8:28am On Apr 22, 2018
Those who criticize this generation forget who raised it!

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by redsun(m): 10:26am On Apr 22, 2018
The youths are the replicas of the so-called elders that usually become billionaires overnight for holding a political office,even as a local government chairman or councillor. Same goes with the civil service,police army, judiciary,clergies and all the spheres of the society that are supposedly managed by the so-called elders.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by Reelectbuhari: 6:17am On Apr 23, 2018
Just saw this............about Joe igbokwe...

Fugitive, idiot u and ejiamatu ur brother are wanted notorious criminal why do u ran away during bakasi era? Idiot can u come home and tell us we are lazy? So we can feed vultures with ur corps

so Joe igbo na ejiamatu brother.....

God forbid....
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by chernest2002: 7:11am On Apr 23, 2018
e7ejinima:
My response in bold pls

Some very quick ones:
Anything positive about Nigeria is the creation of younger generation, be it Nollywood or the thriving Nigeria hip-hop industry or the e-Commerce or Sports not forgetting the International fames won by the Chimamanda etc. The elderly in Nigeria should keep quiet or be reminded that they ruined this country with coups, dysfunctional constitution, nepotism, bribery corruption, just name it. The youths are ready to hustle in this destiny-killing contraption of a nation, the handiwork of you the older generation. Joe Igbokwe, you are notorious but not popular. You ought to hide your face in shame for what you reoresent!
Thank you my dear, this old lazy generation destroyed everything and they are now passing the blame on the youths.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by chernest2002: 7:20am On Apr 23, 2018
Mr Joe is one of the people that destroyed everything, they have the opportunity to visit our universities when they are great and taken over, they destroyed everything, from police, army,labour, civil service in general and today they are blaming the youths who are struggling to make something out of nothing.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: "10 Reasons I Insist Some Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" by laudate: 4:44pm On Apr 23, 2018
Ranchojesus:
Please what's the definition of lazy?
All this things listed under laziness are work.
okada riding:At least some people have built a house from the hustle
yahoo yahoo:stay up all day and night with a laptop just to meet up with time.
The lazy ones are our leaders that fails to do there duty as leader and but the blain on youths hustling to make a living for themselves.
Don't mind my errors am a school dropout and a orphan and an electrical engineer. Am not lazy

What are you saying? Is 'yahoo-yahoo' a job? shocked Don't be deceived, o! It is not a job or a career. It is a CRIME!! angry And may all those who engage in it, end up in the hangman's noose....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Will Be My Last Tenure As Senator. MRS Oluremi Tinubu / Mob Kills Soldier Who Shot Four Civilians In Maiduguri / Kano APC In Disarray, Kwankwasiya Movment To Support Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.