Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,543 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

See Why You Should Agree That This Prosperity Gospel Is From God Almighty - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See Why You Should Agree That This Prosperity Gospel Is From God Almighty (332 Views)

Benny Hinn Repents Of The "Prosperity Gospel" - Daddy Freeze Reacts / Who Really Benefits From Nigeria's 'prosperity Gospel'? (BBC News) / Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why You Should Agree That This Prosperity Gospel Is From God Almighty by lightblazingnow(m): 10:46am On Apr 21, 2018
Isaiah 54:1 Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD.

How can you interprete this situation if not poverty in every sense of the word. Total barrenness.

Then comes a holy command to expand

54:2 Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes; 54:3 For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.

How could anyone possibly accomplish this task without exchange tender forms, practically impossible. You got to have lots of money to be able to achieve the commandments. And the good news is God Almighty is supplying these according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

54:4 Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more.

Can you imagine that??, The shame before, the poverty afore. The good God Almighty said you will surely forget about the past pains and frustrations.

54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Did you hear that. When you are poor you will be lonely, sure you will be. Because, poverty they say have no friends. But the rich has many friends who came to enjoy the game.

But then, there came an assurance from above. "I am your husband poor guy, you are mine" I will sponsor you" Folks will know me as the God of all the earth. That means your prosperity will be known all over the earth.

Enjoy reading these: for I have got to do other things...

Everything he is saying, I am going to establish you as my standard. He is holding you up. Amen

54:6 For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God. 54:7 For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. 54:8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer. 54:9 For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee. 54:10 For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.

54:11 O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires. 54:12 And I will make thy windows of agates, and thy gates of carbuncles, and all thy borders of pleasant stones. 54:13 And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children. 54:14 In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee. 54:15 Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake. 54:16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy. 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

1 Like

Re: See Why You Should Agree That This Prosperity Gospel Is From God Almighty by enilove(m): 12:06pm On Apr 21, 2018
Op, prosperity gospel means all what the church preaches is how to prosper financially , children wise and health wise, but little or no focus on the saving of souls.
God wants us to prosper even as our souls prospers.
God prospered Abraham , Isaac and Jacob including David and Solomon , but what is the essence of the prosperity when the person dies and goes to hell?

Mark 8:36-37 KJV
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
[37] Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

As long as someone is obeying the commandments of God , such a person will be blessed . There is therefore no need to preach about prosperity:

Genesis 17:1-2 KJV
And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
[2] And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

Matthew 6:33 KJV
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Kingdom of God first.

1 Like

Re: See Why You Should Agree That This Prosperity Gospel Is From God Almighty by lightblazingnow(m): 1:55pm On Apr 21, 2018
Please read it again
Re: See Why You Should Agree That This Prosperity Gospel Is From God Almighty by lightblazingnow(m): 2:57am On Apr 22, 2018
Interesting facts
Re: See Why You Should Agree That This Prosperity Gospel Is From God Almighty by IamTheAnswers: 7:57am On Sep 16, 2018
Of course

(1) (Reply)

Is The Biblical God The Right Person To Pray To For Unity?? / Your True Image / I Hate Pastors And Evangelist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.