Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,779 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat (33568 Views)

Nigerians Are Taking Loans To Buy Food As 68% Of Households Suffer - NBS / Guys! If Only You Can Win Her Heart With Food, What Is Your Fate? / How Honey Hunters Risk Their Lives To Get Honey From The Himalayas(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by Jbleenk: 6:33am On Apr 23, 2018
Bros nobody is leaving earth alive. Whether u eat or not u are still gonna die. Why not eat and die instead
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by BiafranBushBoy: 6:47am On Apr 23, 2018
begwong:

No it is yours Bush boy. You resemble monkey sef just like your moniker!

just wow!!!
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by CandidNotes: 6:52am On Apr 23, 2018
olaitoro:

Please what is GMO?

Genetically Modified Organisms.
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by evy800(f): 7:22am On Apr 23, 2018
CandidNotes:
Almost every food item in the regular grocery store in the developed world is GMO. Nigerians are even lucky; they have access to organic foods (straight from the farm and grown naturally). I feel sorry for ignorant and class-conscious Nigerians who go to buy GMO products to show that they are rich, lol, not knowing they are buying their cancer. In the developed world, organic foods are expensive while GMO products such as you have in ShopRite are very cheap and cancer causing. OMG, Nigerians are so ignorant!!!

U don't have to insult everyone to make ur point
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by gr8tone: 7:34am On Apr 23, 2018
In my area, people normally rap two tablets of the Aluminium phosphid in a piece of cloth before dipping it inside the grain. How about that?
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by olaitoro(m): 7:49am On Apr 23, 2018
CandidNotes:

Genetically Modified Organisms.

Thanks dear
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by DEGABA(m): 8:38am On Apr 23, 2018
Op, u forget fufu (cassava) mostly eaten by Easterners, that one is pure cancer food bcus it is eaten without boilng.
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by kense88: 8:50am On Apr 23, 2018
gmoney12:
I know why I fought my mum against using this chemical spray for killing weeds and fertilizers for manure...to a very fertile land still she went ahead and use those chemicals...

na to buy my own land grow my foods from a to z be one of my agenda

our idiotic useless leaders won't see this and do something about it...meanwhile op the whites are devils...they knew the effects of these yet they bring it into this country
Is kind of strange that your blaming a white man, but have refused to blame your mum for not heeding your advice. Its the same problem am facing, they don't just listen to advice till they get themselves into trouble, then turn around and look for an innocent soul to blame.
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by kense88: 8:54am On Apr 23, 2018
Jbleenk:
Bros nobody is leaving earth alive. Whether u eat or not u are still gonna die. Why not eat and die instead
why not eat healthy, and stand a better chance of leaving longer.
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by Omololu2121: 9:04am On Apr 23, 2018
Adanazzy1:

You can buy life chicken in the market, the sellers will help you arrange it with just #100.
thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by Jbleenk: 9:35am On Apr 23, 2018
kense88:
why not eat healthy, and stand a better chance of leaving longer.

Bro no matter how healthy u eat it won't change death morality rate in Nigeria. At present mortality rate in Naija is 60 that's irrespective of whether u eat healthy or not.

Just enjoy life while it last bro none is leaving here alive.
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by newslifeop: 9:36am On Apr 23, 2018
hmmm
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by salesforce: 9:41am On Apr 23, 2018
hmmmm
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by ameri9ja: 10:35am On Apr 23, 2018
olaitoro:

Please what is GMO?

In this day and age?! Never u heard of GOOGLE?!

A genetically modified organism (GMO) is any organism whose genetic material has been altered using genetic engineering techniques.
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by ameri9ja: 10:38am On Apr 23, 2018
DEGABA:
Op, u forget fufu (cassava) mostly eaten by Easterners, that one is pure cancer food bcus it is eaten without boilng.

Idiotic post.
1) Cassava is never eaten raw
2) Boiling does not prevent cancer
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by Kaysalas(m): 11:29am On Apr 23, 2018
Olalan:
Only God can save people in developing countries
Please leave God outta this and hope for responsible leadership. God has given us the power to change things but unfortunately......
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by kense88: 12:21pm On Apr 23, 2018
Jbleenk:

Bro no matter how healthy u eat it won't change death morality rate in Nigeria. At present mortality rate in Naija is 60 that's irrespective of whether u eat healthy or not.

Just enjoy life while it last bro none is leaving here alive.
No, you have to give life your best shot. Whether is in education, your career, health, your family. You have to give your absolute best.
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by Gerrard59(m): 12:33pm On Apr 23, 2018
Davryme:

If you are into science or science student, you so wrong saying nothing is wrong with GM foods "scientifically".
Nothing beats natural foods planted and cultivated at it's season. It was scientifically proof that the Benin republic pineapple is not has rich as the Nigeria one. It was tested on wounds on, the Nigeria ones was healing the wounds extremely faster than the Benin ones.

Yes, natural is good. But with the world's population heading to 8.6 billion in 12 years time and 9 billion by the mid-centruy. There has to be an alternative, and GM foods is the answer. Trust me, producing food naturally cannot feed the world as it is. And I repeat, there is no evidence saying GM Foods are bad! None! Even Nobel laureates have researched into it and found it worthy (http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevensalzberg/2016/07/04/nobelists-to-greenpeace-drop-your-anti-science-anti-gmo-campaign/#27e3bd4b3ad7)

This link says it all: Why We Need GM Foods: http://www.opinions.ng/need-genetically-modified-gm-foods/

Imagine the Golden Rice rejected by GreenPiss? shocked Something that would cure hunger and provide nutrition at the same time. Which "natural" process can do such? An ex GPer complained about their Luddite behaviours:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/former-greenpeace-leading-light-condemns-them-for-opposing-gm-golden-rice-crop-that-could-save-two-million-children-from-starvation-per-year-9097170.html

Ayokunleayoolashakirudeen:

I once saw a research that concluded that GMOs are likely to cause mutation or carry bring about new diseases.
Currently, the companies making these seeds are also the ones responsible for researching it's negative effects. Do you think they'll reveal the full truth?

False. Show me the evidence corroborating this claim.

CandidNotes:

https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/dangers-gmo-foods/

Yet again, this is false. My undergrad major was in Biotechnology and I came to understand the process of GM technology. And I can tell you categorically that there is nothing wrong with GM technology. Your link is a conspiracy and propaganda site not a scientific evidence I asked for.

Kindly show me the link to any study saying GM foods are bad.
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by Jbleenk: 12:53pm On Apr 23, 2018
kense88:
No, you have to give life your best shot. Whether is in education, your career, health, your family. You have to give your absolute best.

True but not while u deprive urself of the most ordinary things while trying to avoid the inescapable. We all gonna die no matter what. I know someone that smoked till the age of 99 yet he died of natural causes and I also know someone who never smoked yet died of cancer of the lungs.

Enjoy life while it last none is getting out of it alive.
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by CandidNotes: 2:32pm On Apr 23, 2018
Gerrard59:

Yes, natural is good. But with the world's population heading to 8.6 billion in 12 years time and 9 billion by the mid-centruy. There has to be an alternative, and GM foods is the answer. Trust me, producing food naturally cannot feed the world as it is. And I repeat, there is no evidence saying GM Foods are bad! None! Even Nobel laureates have researched into it and found it worthy (http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevensalzberg/2016/07/04/nobelists-to-greenpeace-drop-your-anti-science-anti-gmo-campaign/#27e3bd4b3ad7)

This link says it all: Why We Need GM Foods: http://www.opinions.ng/need-genetically-modified-gm-foods/

Imagine the Golden Rice rejected by GreenPiss? shocked Something that would cure hunger and provide nutrition at the same time. Which "natural" process can do such? An ex GPer complained about their Luddite behaviours:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/former-greenpeace-leading-light-condemns-them-for-opposing-gm-golden-rice-crop-that-could-save-two-million-children-from-starvation-per-year-9097170.html

Yet again, this is false. My undergrad major was in Biotechnology and I came to understand the process of GM technology. And I can tell you categorically that there is nothing wrong with GM technology. Your link is a conspiracy and propaganda site not a scientific evidence I asked for.

Deluded people like yourself will always exist. Enjoy your delusion.
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by Gerrard59(m): 2:35pm On Apr 23, 2018
CandidNotes:

Deluded people like yourself will always exist. Enjoy your delusion.

So because I asked for an evidence to support your claims, I'm deluded? grin grin

Just pull up a study corroborating your claims. Just one. smiley
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by olaitoro(m): 4:33pm On Apr 23, 2018
ameri9ja:

In this day and age?! Never u heard of GOOGLE?!

A genetically modified organism (GMO) is any organism whose genetic material has been altered using genetic engineering techniques. 

Just needed a quick answer that is why I asked.
Thanks for your time
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by ameri9ja: 7:34pm On Apr 23, 2018
olaitoro:

Just needed a quick answer that is why I asked.
Thanks for your time

See, proof there are polite people on NL.
U r welcome
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by ameri9ja: 7:35pm On Apr 23, 2018
kense88:

Why?
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by Ayokunleayoolashakirudeen(m): 8:37pm On Apr 23, 2018
Gerrard59:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/do-seed-companies-control-gm-crop-research/

here is one link

https://grist.org/article/genetically-modified-science/

and another

I don't mean to slander anyone's products, I'll gain nothing from it. If we knew the truth
our actions can be better guided
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by Gerrard59(m): 9:11pm On Apr 23, 2018
Ayokunleayoolashakirudeen:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/do-seed-companies-control-gm-crop-research/

here is one link

https://grist.org/article/genetically-modified-science/

and another

I don't mean to slander anyone's products, I'll gain nothing from it. If we knew the truth
our actions can be better guided

Thanks for the links. This is what CandidNotes should have done instead of being deluded.

To your links: Companies are afraid that their data can be shared to competitors and we all know how much is invested into R & D. Exposing IP to every Tom, Dick and Harry is a delicate issue for agritech firms.

However, there have been independent studies and nothing was found (cannot recall where I read the article), but there have such studies.

Concerning IP: Syngenta, now part of ChemChina, published the process of obtaining seeds from their labs for studies.

https://www.syngenta.com/how-we-do-it/corporate-responsibility/frequently-asked-questions/intellectual-property-faq
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by shegzy2009: 6:54pm On Jun 28, 2018
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by kingkoded: 1:09pm On Jun 29, 2018
Salsa Chicken Olé Sandwiches

These appetizing sandwiches feature a snappy chicken salad made with salsa, reduced-fat Cheddar cheese and reduced-fat sour cream, and are served on whole wheat bread.

Ingredients

1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
2 tablespoons Pace® Chunky Salsa - Mild
2/3 cup chopped cooked chicken
2 tablespoons shredded reduced........ to read more, click on https://promomonger.com/how-to-make-salsa-chicken-ole-sandwiches/

Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by ADUKKY(f): 2:11pm On Jun 29, 2018
Omololu2121:
I don't remember the last time I bought a life chicken, I only buy the frozen ones cause of stress.make God dey shanu us sha
You can try local farms like Forthworth, Natnundo or Zartech. Their chickens are bred in Nigeria hence lesser risk.
Re: 4 Ways Nigerians Are Endangering Their Lives With Food They Eat by Omololu2121: 3:57pm On Jun 29, 2018
ADUKKY:

You can try local farms like Forthworth, Natnundo or Zartech. Their chickens are bred in Nigeria hence lesser risk.
thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Healthy Chicken Curry Sauce With Vegetables (Pix) / How Much Is A Kilo Of Turkey In Your Area / Twitter User Cries Out Over “Fake” Bama Mayonnaise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.