Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar (36442 Views)

Buhari Approves N208bn For Public Varsities / Flashback :Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar / Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless Cannot Compete..Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 21, 2018
blackboy:
i guess this is the man that must not contest against PMB. But why attack him. nahh him make PMB talk wetin he talk? Atiku !!
both of them are not fit to rule...we need a young, vibrate and transparent leader...not this recycling politics of today...Youths wake up
Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by yommen: 7:08pm On Apr 21, 2018
Very useless abokis everywhere!!!

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by Elliot2(m): 7:09pm On Apr 21, 2018
whoever is defending Atiku is a dunce. It doesn't matter if he made that statement in the past decade,or soliloquise within himself. It bares the same weight with that which was made by Buhari. No past or present leader who has not done anything positively for the masses, has the right to demean us,even in the most subtle way. All'em Bleep leaders never loved us! If atiku could have the idea that made his private school to be academically sound but failed to improve the public schools when he had the chance,then he is no different.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by tuniski: 7:33pm On Apr 21, 2018
Quality20:
well since Atiku knows d problem with our universities, then he is in a better position to fix them. I hope he fixes them better than his own university, when he takes over d presidency may 2019
Your head is very correct!
Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by tuniski: 7:36pm On Apr 21, 2018
Elliot2:
whoever is defending Atiku is a dunce. It doesn't matter if he made that statement in the past decade,or soliloquise within himself. It bares the same weight with that which was made by Buhari. No past or present leader who has not done anything positively for the masses, has the right to demean us,even in the most subtle way. All'em Bleep leaders never loved us! If atiku could have the idea that made his private school to be academically sound but failed to improve the public schools when he had the chance,then he is no different.
He will improve the quality and quantity of public universities from 2019!
After all, everything was better then than now under the certificateless president!
Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by Sirjamo: 8:23pm On Apr 21, 2018
MrPolitics:
Lol see BMC's desperation. He didn't use the word "brainless" and we all know Nigeria's education system is horrible
Neither did Buhari used the word "Lazy"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by Suplexx: 8:27pm On Apr 21, 2018
chronique:

Well, if you still can't decipher what "a lot" represents even after showing you that screenshot, then I'm sorry to say that I cannot help you. Let your conscience guide you.

Your screenshot speaks for itself.

There is a difference between large and larger.

5 million out of 60 million is a large number. But not the majority (larger number). 31 million out of 60 million is the majority (larger number).

This is simple.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by Elliot2(m): 8:28pm On Apr 21, 2018
tuniski:

He will improve the quality and quantity of public universities from 2019!
After all, everything was better then than now under the certificateless president!
You can't say that for certain that he is better. His antecedence has not shown otherwise. Do you think he will improve the quality of public schools to be better than his? I am not sure. This is why sometimes i don't feel like criticising Buhari,because i will feel terrible if at the end of the day someone worse becomes in charge due to activism. I cannot for the hate for Buhari,choose another failure. If i had the foresight,i would rather expend my efforts in calling out Buhari's errors while also advising him to do better. We should be critical of our decisions.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by Sirjamo: 8:28pm On Apr 21, 2018
Anaskie:
“I was in the University of Zik in Akwa in Anambra State on Wednesday on the invitation of the university. There is no student in public universities that can speak English in an error-free manner like the head boy of my secondary, who just finished addressing us now.

“When the head boy of AUN Academy, Abdullahi Sani, started speaking, I was thinking it is one of the lecturers in AUN, but only for him to introduce himself as the head boy of AUN Academy,” he stated

In as much as I am not in support of Atiku for President, there is no mention of the word 'brainless' in his statement. Buhari's campaign team needs to sit up. Even if Nigerian youths are lazy, we aren't fools.
Did Buhari mention the word lazy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by CioAngels(f): 8:44pm On Apr 21, 2018
After you stole public fund that was meant to improve public schools you cone to say your secondary is better than public university. Yes, they may be better after paying huge amount to pass them. I will see how atikulators will atikulate you after this reminder.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by Ripama: 9:13pm On Apr 21, 2018
The idiot was running his useless mouth. He contributed to the poor state of education sector in Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by tuniski: 9:33pm On Apr 21, 2018
Elliot2:
You can't say that for certain that he is better. His antecedence has not shown otherwise. Do you think he will improve the quality of public schools to be better than his? I am not sure. This is why sometimes i don't feel like criticising Buhari,because i will feel terrible if at the end of the day someone worse becomes in charge due to activism. I cannot for the hate for Buhari,choose another failure. If i had the foresight,i would rather expend my efforts in calling out Buhari's errors while also advising him to do better. We should be critical of our decisions.
He will for sure! After all, it took the democrat atiku and his likes to give us this democracy to the point of having a chance of voting youth or old. Had OBJ succeeded in term Elongation, I wonder What people like you would be saying!
Our current fiasco and dangerous spin need the steady and matured hands of bridge builder Atiku, with pan nigeriaan and progressive tendencies!
Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 21, 2018
grin grin grin Atiku can never be president.Atiku said lazy youths are brainless.

Is this news?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by Elliot2(m): 9:44pm On Apr 21, 2018
tuniski:

He will for sure! After all, it took the democrat atiku and his likes to give us this democracy to the point of having a chance of voting youth or old. Had OBJ succeeded in term Elongation, I wonder What people like you would be saying!
Our current fiasco and dangerous spin need the steady and matured hands of bridge builder Atiku, with pan nigeriaan and progressive tendencies!
ok.
Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by docadams: 9:46pm On Apr 21, 2018
GavelSlam:

You've been calling him dullard for 4 years. The only time he implied you are lazy you haven't been able to sleep for 3 days.

grin

My belle o! grin Gavel Slammed!! shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by Miradamian: 9:49pm On Apr 21, 2018
He said it at home not abroad. U can beat your child at home not in public
Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by Lot13(m): 10:29pm On Apr 21, 2018
Atiku is a major contributor to the rot in public universities during his years as VP.

The deliberate years of neglect of our tertiary institution by successive PDP government was to favor and protect their investment in the education sector..

It is foolish of the former VP to have made such statements at anytime considering the position he had occupy which he should have used to correct this abnormalities.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by docadams: 10:33pm On Apr 21, 2018
Elliot2:

Very very fair and square opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by steveDpro: 12:55am On Apr 22, 2018
Ok, noted
Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by castro316: 8:50am On Apr 22, 2018
I am glad you said your head boy. What about the remaining 9,999 students in your school. What about those who could not make their WAEC papers whose parents have the money to pay for your fees. I am sure your students cannot beat those in the public schools. Is it by English? How many of your students are solving problems. In the society if they are so good? You come here to market you school using only your head boy and you think Nigeria youths are dum? Bring the rest of your school to compete with me a 2.2 student and see whether you will not bow. Rubbish

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by 7lives: 12:43pm On Apr 22, 2018
GavelSlam:
The internet never forgets.

grin

If you live in a glass house, don't throw stones.
ATIKU did not know that internet is very unforgiving.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by progress69: 6:51pm On Apr 22, 2018
Anaskie:
“I was in the University of Zik in Akwa in Anambra State on Wednesday on the invitation of the university. There is no student in public universities that can speak English in an error-free manner like the head boy of my secondary, who just finished addressing us now.

“When the head boy of AUN Academy, Abdullahi Sani, started speaking, I was thinking it is one of the lecturers in AUN, but only for him to introduce himself as the head boy of AUN Academy,” he stated

In as much as I am not in support of Atiku for President, there is no mention of the word 'brainless' in his statement. Buhari's campaign team needs to sit up. Even if Nigerian youths are lazy, we aren't fools.

Lol..

You choose to believe whatever u want to believe.
There is an audio transcript of what Buhari said. But the intellectually lazy youths have still chosen to believe th3 word Lazy and keep ranting about it even though non of you can bring out where exactly the president said Nigerian youths are lazy. But see you now, shouting he never used the word brainless...
The comedy u guys give us on the internet will continue to make us laugh till 2023.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by PrinceFola(m): 10:59pm On Apr 28, 2018
I will probe Buhari if elected... #ATIKU.

Please which figure of speech is that

You cannot even near Aso Rock... So don't bother or be thinking about probing sir. #Rubbish
#NeverAgain
Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by deomelllo: 11:03pm On Apr 28, 2018
ATIKU went to ipob village and yab them to their face...

Poor Igbos, den don suffer sha

This is very very unfair grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by cola: 1:43pm On Nov 20, 2018
:
Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by bantudra: 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2018
we dey hear...were is that picture of that girl cleaning her ears....
Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by Modarun(m): 2:29pm On Nov 20, 2018
Buhari: From criminalizing and dividing Nigerians to dissing Nigerian youth
By Farooq Kperogi | Published Date Apr 21, 2018 2:00 AM
Twitter Facebook WhatsApp Telegram
Google More
A president is supposed to be a country’s chief salesperson, biggest motivator, uniter-in-chief, and most enthusiastic fan. President Muhammadu Buhari, unfortunately, is none of these. He disdains Nigerians, is contemptuous of our youth, and widens our national fault-lines through his unwise, divisive utterances and actions, as I will show shortly. Former US First Lady Michelle Obama once said, “Being president doesn’t change who you are; it reveals who you are.” The presidency is revealing the real Buhari in starker, blunter, more direct ways than we’ve ever known.
ADVERTISEMENT
President Buhari has become our biggest “demarketer,” to use Nigerian financial lingo. He chooses international arenas to circulate and authorize negative stereotypes about Nigerians and to pathologize hardworking diasporan Nigerians. For instance, during a three-day visit to the UK in February 2016, Buhari told the UK’s Telegraph newspaper that “Nigerians’ reputation for crime has made them unwelcome in Britain.” That was a remarkably below-the-belt dig.
“Some Nigerians’ claim is that life is too difficult back home, but they have also made it difficult for Europeans and Americans to accept them because of the number of Nigerians in prisons all over the world accused of drug trafficking or human trafficking,” he told The Telegraph. But that’s an intellectually impoverished, empirically problematic, broad-brush stereotypical generalization that feeds racist, xenophobic fantasies about Nigerians. There are infinitely more Nigerians abroad who excel in multiple areas of human endeavor than there are who traffic in crime.
ADVERTISEMENT
In the United States, for instance, Nigerians are the most educated demographic group. They have supplanted Asians as America’s “model minority.” It’s the same in the UK and elsewhere. During Buhari’s medical tourism to the UK last year, several British journalists joked that Buhari would most likely be treated by Nigerian doctors in the UK, indicating the dominance of Nigerians in UK medical practice.
In addition, according to the World Bank, diasporan Nigerians remitted $22 billion back home in 2017 alone. It was $35 billion in 2016, which the UN said was the 6th largest diasporan remittance in the entire world. Yet the president of the country that has this distinction chose to isolate the indiscretions of a few criminal elements to pathologize all Nigerians living abroad. And he did this in a foreign land to a foreign media outlet!
You would think that the UK and the US that Buhari chose to validate don’t have criminals. Unfortunately for Buhari, the US and the UK lead Nigeria in all categories of crimes, including internet crime for which Nigeria is unfairly notorious, according to their own statistics. Yet US presidents and UK prime ministers would never be caught denigrating and criminalizing their compatriots-certainly not in a foreign country. In fact, no president worth the title ever goes to another country to stigmatize his or her citizens.
Buhari’s latest denunciation of Nigerians from a foreign country was directed at the Nigerian youth. “More than 60 percent of the population is below 30,” he said at the Commonwealth Business Forum in the UK on Wednesday. “A lot of them haven’t been to school and they are claiming that Nigeria is an oil producing country, therefore, they should sit and do nothing, and get housing, healthcare, education free.”
This is from a president who supervises a government that serially engages in secretive, illegal employment of the children and relatives of high-ranking political elites (including his) in well-oiled, high-paying government agencies while millions of brilliant, hardworking but underprivileged young people vegetate in agonizing misery- or condemned to getting low-paying, temporary N-Power jobs.
This is a president whose presidential campaign in 2015 benefited from the voluntary financial contributions of hundreds of thousands of young Nigerians across the country. The Buhari campaign made a big PR show of primary and secondary school students who saved and donated their lunch money to the Buhari campaign. Three years later, Buhari goes to London and calls these young Nigerians lazy, uneducated, and entitled; as people who want to “sit and do nothing, and get housing, healthcare, education free.”
Well, these are not the young people I see when I travel to Nigeria. They are not the young Nigerians I interact with on social media. The vast majority of young Nigerians I know are creative, imaginative, self-driven people who are stymied by the suffocatingly dysfunctional system that Buhari and his predecessors created and perpetually reproduce. When Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg visited Nigeria in September 2016, he said he was “blown me away by the talents of young entrepreneurs and developers in this country [who are] making a difference and making a change.” Those are the young people I also see.
Maybe Buhari is describing his children-and himself. His son, Yusuf, has no job, rides multi-million-naira power bikes, has free housing, and received top-notch German medical care at the expense of Nigerian taxpayers when he had a bike accident. If Buhari insists he is describing “most” Nigerian youth, not his children who are mooching off Nigeria’s resources, then his disconnect from reality is more severe than we had previously imagined.
When the president isn’t stigmatizing and dissing Nigerians abroad, he broadens and lubricates our primordial fissures at home though his utterances. Even as president with a national mandate, Buhari can’t resist the unhelpful, needlessly divisive “we-northerners-versus-they-southerners” rhetoric. In a December 2017 video, for example, which I shared on Facebook and Twitter, Buhari thanked Kano people for coming out en masse to welcome him and said, “saboda yan kudu su san har yanzu inada gata.” Rough translation: “… so that Southerners can see how favored I still am.” That was gratuitous divisiveness.
Utterances like this from people who wield enormous symbolic power like the president of the country gravely undermine efforts at national cohesion. It shows that even as a person who enjoys the perks and privileges of national leadership, he still sees Nigeria in dichotomous, mutually exclusive binaries: as “we northerners” and “they southerners.”
That dichotomization is indefensible, especially by a sitting president who was voted into power by both southerners and northerners; who wouldn’t have been a president if he was voted only by northerners, who always glibly talks about Nigeria’s unity being “non-negotiable,” whose utterances have far greater ramifications for Nigeria’s unity than any Nigerian alive today, and who still seeks to be voted into power for a second term with votes from even the “yan kudu.”
If he had said “so that my opponents will know that I still have gata,” that wouldn’t have raised any eyebrows. But why did he need to show off to the yan kudu? Are Southerners his enemies? Aren’t they part of the Nigerians he swore to serve?
That he said this at a public event where he knew he could- or would- be recorded is what is even sadder than the fact that he said it at all. It shows that he, in fact, doesn’t even pretend to be a Nigerian nationalist who sees all of Nigeria as one. No past, not to talk of incumbent, head of state or president has ever said anything even close to this in public. If Buhar’s second term, which he appears poised to get, doesn’t end Nigeria as we know it, nothing ever will again.
Re: ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 27, 2018
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike Reacts To Masked DSS At NASS: "All Over The World This Has Never Happened" / 'Why I Left APC' - Yakubu Dogara / 20 Things In 2020 That Will Shape And Shake The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.