Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State (25826 Views)

Sack Of Osinbajo’s Aides Causes Tension In Aso Rock / Nana Akufo-Addo Statue By Rochas Okorocha In Imo. Nigerians React (Photo) / More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by lmo1stson: 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2018
Okorocha Threatens To Sanction Erring Monarchs
There is palpable tension in the 27 Local Councils of Imo State over the state governor, Rochas Okorocha’s directive that every adult must pay a N3, 000 Autonomous Community Development levy.

According to a letter to monarchs of 644 autonomous communities, signed by the commissioner for Government Council, Louis O. Duru, the monarchs were directed to raise about N6 million from estimated 2,000 adults from each community for development purposes in the communities.

The letter reminded the monarchs that the governor had severally in the past, dating from 2016, directed them to compel their subjects to pay the said levy, compulsorily writing the details of the payment in the Adult Register in each community, to develop their communities. “Any recognized autonomous community that fails to pay the development levy will be merged with a sister autonomous community that has paid and the salaries/allowances of the traditional ruler of the erring community will be suspended,” it said. The directive stressed that sensitization meeting and monitoring would be embarked upon, to ensure compliance.

But in anger, respondents and callers on the various phone-in programmes on the radio yesterday objected to it, saying the directive dissatisfied them. They also opined that they couldn’t afford what they called “double taxation at the moment,” stressing that the hardship was much in the state to warrant such.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/tension-in-imo-over-n3-000-adult-levy-imposition/amp

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by obaataaokpaewu: 8:10pm On Apr 21, 2018
grin Lalasticlala
One of the reason I want to transfer my PVC from Enugu to Imo State is just to vote against anything APC

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 21, 2018
For impunity sake...that's why they are fighting tooth and nail to make sure the populace don't bear arms and also criminalize possession of arms..with arms in the hands of the masses this rubbish churn out on daily basis by these so called leaders won't happen for sure and they would all learn to behave normal and proper..
Peace..!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by okachie1(m): 8:24pm On Apr 21, 2018
grin grin grin grin Laughing jackass state! Children governor

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by miracle956: 8:46pm On Apr 21, 2018
rochas never cease to amaze me

10 Likes

Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by Bantino(m): 8:46pm On Apr 21, 2018
My People My People has turned to My Money My Money

Imo people who do una this thing?

28 Likes

Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by BruncleZuma: 8:46pm On Apr 21, 2018
grin grin grin grin

Okorocha and the Weed of Aso Rock...

25 Likes

Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by Sarang(f): 8:46pm On Apr 21, 2018
Okoroawusa has tired us..please make una come carry for free cry grin

please see my signature

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by okomile(f): 8:47pm On Apr 21, 2018
grin grin
Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by brightnelly(f): 8:48pm On Apr 21, 2018
cry cry cry
Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by NairaMaster1(m): 8:48pm On Apr 21, 2018
You will still vote in his candidates.
Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 21, 2018
Sarang:
Okoroawusa has tired us..please make una come carry for free cry grin

please see my signature
no be una vote for am ?enjoy ur change tongue

7 Likes

Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by TroubleMaker47(m): 8:48pm On Apr 21, 2018
Truly we Nogerians deserve our rulers!

1 Like

Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by dynicks(m): 8:49pm On Apr 21, 2018
survivor1986:
[color=#990000]BREAKING NEWS
Happened live at NDU (Niger Delta University) main gate .There is confusion in front of the school gate. The school security found three head in a student's bag. A girl about 20 years old, with a big handbag boarded a cab heading to NDU .The driver being vibrant felt a strong smell coming from the girl's handbag .The horrible smell made the driver suspicious , whom then use the light to signal the police at the stop and search point but because of 50 Naira the police were too busy to notice this. When he got to the school main gate he raised alarm they held the girl and beckoned on the school security to search the girl's bag . Many people were afraid not knowing what was happening . One of the security was shocked when he opened the girl's bag and found three heads in the girl's bag. After cross examination of the heads, the school securities found out that the heads were known heads.
It was the head of garlic, onion, and fresh tomato .
I appreciate your effort in reading this.
You can continue what you were doing. I'm not feeling fine..
Copied..[color=#990000]
hey guy! look here! look towards this direction.....shea u dey see this arm? shea u dey see'am well?.....no think say na wave I dey pass give u oooo.....y I dey talk be say u no go believe Wetin go land for ur face d next time u try this poo

27 Likes

Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by Jossyroyal1: 8:50pm On Apr 21, 2018
shocked

This guys don't care

You work in/own an hospital?

We got you covered, check my signature

Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by Abfinest007(m): 8:50pm On Apr 21, 2018
see this apc big thief

2 Likes

Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by nabegibeg: 8:50pm On Apr 21, 2018
lmo1stson:
Okorocha Threatens To Sanction Erring Monarchs
There is palpable tension in the 27 Local Councils of Imo State over the state governor, Rochas Okorocha’s directive that every adult must pay a N3, 000 Autonomous Community Development levy.

According to a letter to monarchs of 644 autonomous communities, signed by the commissioner for Government Council, Louis O. Duru, the monarchs were directed to raise about N6 million from estimated 2,000 adults from each community for development purposes in the communities.

The letter reminded the monarchs that the governor had severally in the past, dating from 2016, directed them to compel their subjects to pay the said levy, compulsorily writing the details of the payment in the Adult Register in each community, to develop their communities. “Any recognized autonomous community that fails to pay the development levy will be merged with a sister autonomous community that has paid and the salaries/allowances of the traditional ruler of the erring community will be suspended,” it said. The directive stressed that sensitization meeting and monitoring would be embarked upon, to ensure compliance.

But in anger, respondents and callers on the various phone-in programmes on the radio yesterday objected to it, saying the directive dissatisfied them. They also opined that they couldn’t afford what they called “double taxation at the moment,” stressing that the hardship was much in the state to warrant such.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/tension-in-imo-over-n3-000-adult-levy-imposition/amp

Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by chronique(m): 8:50pm On Apr 21, 2018
Are there youths in that state? Can't they cause a serious civil disturbance and riot that would ground activities in the state? How can somebody just come up with outrageous demands and people would sit down and keep quiet? Nigerian youths are too docile for my liking.

15 Likes

Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by princedmiayer(m): 8:51pm On Apr 21, 2018
Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by Pavore9: 8:51pm On Apr 21, 2018
Okorocha is not seeing my 10 kobo, make I see who go block me! angry

7 Likes

Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by Hector09(m): 8:51pm On Apr 21, 2018
Wait can some one elucidate this, is it both for the employ and d unemploy citizens
Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by BadBradley: 8:52pm On Apr 21, 2018
APC, a party of brain-dead, seared-conscience criminals.

3 Likes

Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by xynerise: 8:52pm On Apr 21, 2018
I wish I have the power to destroy undecided

3 Likes

Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by KevinDein: 8:53pm On Apr 21, 2018
LMAO grin
Comedy relief, naija
Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by brojoshua: 8:53pm On Apr 21, 2018
I think the government of Nigeria said it will be paying unemployed people #5,000 each per month

2 Likes

Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by Sarang(f): 8:53pm On Apr 21, 2018
Saviour22:
no be una vote for am ?enjoy ur change grin

lol we no want bad market again

please see my signature

2 Likes

Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 21, 2018
This is undemocratic.
Imo people are running from Ohakim, when they ran into Okorocha.

This is so nzuzuism.

3 Likes

Re: N3,000 Adult Levy Imposition In Imo By Rochas Okorocha Causes Tension In State by shankara7: 8:54pm On Apr 21, 2018
Okoroawusaaa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Yoruba Who Is Freely Born Should Vote For 'shallow-minded' Buhari - Shi'ites / Man Attempts To Drink Gutter Water In Celebration Of Governor Ganduje / Masquerade Endorses Governor Yahaya Bello Of Kogi State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.