Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan (32205 Views)

[agony Of An Orphan] Sign The Documents Or Forget About Your Education Dream / He Wants To Marry An Orphan ?? / It's Easily For An Orphan To Marry a Wrong Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by tjadeba(m): 9:05am On May 21, 2010
this man is asking for a job, not money, talk to him about working first, when he starts the job,you could go on from there to offer more assistance.I believe he should first get to abuja and see how/where he can live,as a man, nothing comes easy, and then get the 35K job, its on that premise that people promising to pay for his accommodation should do so
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by legba1(m): 9:12am On May 21, 2010
mennek or the poster,what you're talking about is sure a painful experience at that.mine might not be that bad but something close.but guy stop self pitying.guys going thru wat you're being thru are always strong and ready to go.Bobo, your situation should constitute a driving force pushing you to do more for your self.Get up, say to your self am good to go. if you're a xtian,go to church and be active,if you're a muslim pls do same.use the internet.most employers dont look wat u sturdy nowaday,wat matter is that you're a graduate with fair grades.maaaaaaaaan,wake up and do something for ur self.yes ur mum shuold be tired of acking you all this while.seems to me you're wallowing in self pity and its the beggin ning of doom.WAKE UP!
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Phony200(m): 9:16am On May 21, 2010
There are still good ppl out there. This is proof. I just hope everyone involved gets a happy ending.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by mbulela: 9:27am On May 21, 2010
tjadeba:

this man is asking for a job, not money, talk to him about working first, when he starts the job,you could go on from there to offer more assistance.I believe he should first get to abuja and see how/where he can live,as a man, nothing comes easy, and then get the 35K job, its on that premise that people promising to pay for his accommodation should do so

Your advice is noted.
That is where madam Aisha comes in.
I doubt anyone is giving him cash.
If the guy turns out to be a fraud or even an unserious person, Aisha will return monies back to senders.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by salesauto: 9:35am On May 21, 2010
God will send help to you.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 9:39am On May 21, 2010
@OP
See what i will offer you, a job that pays 50k. You'll work as a sales executive in a company in Abuja, you will be provided with a one room BQ self contained and you will use the company bus to and from work. You will also eat free lunch everyday. Anytime you exceed your sales target for the month, you earn a 25% bonus of your monthly salary. The job is for 2yrs and it's renewable if you perform well.

The conditions for getting this job is that you.
1. Put a copy of ur NYSC certificate, WAEC and B.sc certificate on this page.
2. This will convince me you're not a scam.

Do this before tomorrow evening and i will send you a mail.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by osifred(m): 9:49am On May 21, 2010

The people accusing this fellow of being a scammer are mo'rons.

I mean, how hard is it to click to his profile and read his posting history? His story has been extremely consistent with his history here on Nairaland since he joined in June 2009. It's much easier to check this out first before making snarky comments

poster ur words r indeed harsh. pls nairalanders dont use foul words on this forum

i have personally checked d profile of menek found little inconstitent bt all d whole
d info abt him is matching.

scam sumtime dont build a new profile they work on there existing pitiful profile and comment to take advantage of innocent pple.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 9:54am On May 21, 2010
Awwwww, isn't this just cute! We are running a charity here . . yay!

You see when I saw the 'fatherless Ndler' thing, I was touched . . at least touched enough to open the thread! And then as I read the story, as touching as it was, I rooooooooled my eyez!

@ Poster! I see you are one of those people who believe you have to get help from someone to succed. Well, you are wrong! Your destiny lies solely in your hands. Nobody owes you any pity . .  Not your uncle, not your friends and @ this point, not your mother! It wasn't easy for her but she put you through school and that my dear friend is enough!

I could say I faced something similar to you, but I had two choices . . .  feel sorry for myself and suck up all the pity and 'help' I could get OR take charge of my life and make it what I wanted it to be. I chose the later . . .  And you see, despite the stories you've heard, GOD rewards hard work!

But hey, dont let me interrupt your pity party . .  just throwing in my two cents!  cool
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 10:03am On May 21, 2010
Aqva:

@OP
See what i will offer you, a job that pays 50k. You'll work as a sales executive in a company in Abuja, you will be provided with a one room BQ self contained and you will use the company bus to and from work. You will also eat free lunch everyday. Anytime you exceed your sales target for the month, you earn a 25% bonus of your monthly salary. The job is for 2yrs and it's renewable if you perform well.

The conditions for getting this job is that you.
1. Put a copy of your NYSC certificate, WAEC and B.sc certificate on this page.
2. This will convince me you're not a scam.

Do this before tomorrow evening and i will send you a mail.

God Bless you. While am shocked and encouraged by your generocity, It is not advisable for the poster to post his certificate and result on this forum, this could be exposed to fraudsters and you know what happens with peoples certs and results when not properly handled. He could scan and send you a copy Privately. I sent you a private message. Check and mail me
Thanks
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 10:12am On May 21, 2010
Ujujoan:

You see when I saw the 'fatherless Ndler' thing, I was touched . . at least touched enough to open the thread! And then as I read the story, as touching as it was, I rooooooooled my eyez!

@ Poster! I see you are one of those people who believe you have to get help from someone to succed. Well, you are wrong! Your destiny lies solely in your hands. Nobody owes you any pity . . Not your uncle, not your friends and @ this point, not your mother! It wasn't easy for her but she put you through school and that my dear friend is enough!

I could say I faced something similar to you, but I had two choices . . . feel sorry for myself and suck up all the pity and 'help' I could get OR take charge of my life and make it what I wanted it to be. I chose the later . . . And you see, despite the stories you've heard, GOD rewards hard work!

But hey, dont let me interrupt your pity party . . just throwing in my two cents! cool
It is not a pity party, sometimes we need help and support from people, I wonder where and how i would have been if i had not had support from my family. A lot of times things get really hard even for me and my sister even without asking gives me a life line. Same thing with her, She works in a bank and now the new rule is that when you authorize a loan that goes bad it is taken from your salary, She is facing bad times and i try my best to support, its not a pity party, we lift people when they are down so that they can get up too and lift others who are down, its a circle. Some years ago i helped a single mother start a business two years down the line she is paying schoolfess for orphaned kids.
No man is an Island, the Guy is not asking for money to eat, he is asking for a net to fish. If you read well he is not sittig doing nothing and indulging in self pity, he works, he is a private tutor being paid N10K a month, which as you know in todays economy is grossly inadequate
Please tell me that you made it in life all on your own without any help whatsoever.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by jokingmary(m): 10:14am On May 21, 2010
if you can still be faithful then your situation will change for the better
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by fortunejum: 10:18am On May 21, 2010
god will surely make a way for you. just be hopeful. already people are responding/willing to assist you. so be joyful ok.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by odiaero3(m): 10:21am On May 21, 2010
@aisha2, why did u lock the thread?, am not reporting, am appealing for my mainn user name odiaero to be restored and not with this one am using now odiaero_ u get the difference now?, this one am using now has underscore which u hardly notice, it's not the main one, the main one hv like 1300 post
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by babsmii(m): 10:22am On May 21, 2010
afterall, Dora is right, good people great nation!!!

try this in some so called "developed countries" and c how your ass will be bashed, lol
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 10:26am On May 21, 2010
Am afraid aisha2 your email addy isnt clear to me.

Ok, the op can send his docs to jazzpha(at)ymail.com. Until i see seriousness from him i wouldn't take him serious.
Again, i need to know he has drive and ambition and is desperate to make it. I'm giving him just till tomorrow evening to respond. If and when i'm ready to help,  i will disclose everything on this same forum. I'm sure the op too will give his testimony if he is serious.

The hand that seeks help is always longer.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by babsmii(m): 10:30am On May 21, 2010
Ujujoan:

@ Poster! I see you are one of those people who believe you have to get help from someone to succed. Well, you are wrong! Your destiny lies solely in your hands. Nobody owes you any pity . .  Not your uncle, not your friends and @ this point, not your mother! It wasn't easy for her but she put you through school and that my dear friend is enough!

I could say I faced something similar to you, but I had two choices . . .  feel sorry for myself and suck up all the pity and 'help' I could get OR take charge of my life and make it what I wanted it to be. I chose the later . . .  And you see, despite the stories you've heard, GOD rewards hard work!

But hey, dont let me interrupt your pity party . .  just throwing in my two cents!  cool

that's the bitter truth but it would have helped a great deal if it was conveyed in a more private medium to him not on a forum like this,
besides you are a lady and in this world, ladies attracts more pity and tend to get favour faster than men. so don't compare if you don't know what he's gone through, maybe he tried all he could and resorted to try nairaland, who knows?
so let's just give him that benefit of doubt and help as much as we can
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by NkemPeter: 10:33am On May 21, 2010
While I appreciate this guys 'predicament', I am not so convinced that he earned a university degree as he claimed. This however should not stop anyone who desires to help him from doing so
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 10:34am On May 21, 2010
aisha2:

It is not a pity party, sometimes we need help and support from people, I wonder where and how i would have been if i had not had support from my family. A lot of times things get really hard even for me and my sister even without asking gives me a life line. Same thing with her, She works in a bank and now the new rule is that when you authorize a loan that goes bad it is taken from your salary, She is facing bad times and i try my best to support, its not a pity party, we lift people when they are down so that they can get up too and lift others who are down, its a circle. Some years ago i helped a single mother start a business two years down the line she is paying schoolfess for orphaned kids.
No man is an Island, the Guy is not asking for money to eat, he is asking for a net to fish. If you read well he is not sittig doing nothing and indulging in self pity, he works, he is a private tutor being paid N10K a month, which as you know in todays economy is grossly inadequate
Please tell me that you made it in life all on your own without any help whatsoever.

Of course everybody could use a little help once in a while. The poeple in our lives contribute to make us what  we will ultimately become. But they don't have the final say, we do!

You know, even without the 'help' you get from your family, you would have still made it . . .  somehow! Because there are still people out there who doesn't have a family or friend to help them. If I'm broke today, I can't think of ONE person who'd give me a lifeline. This guy had his whole life to know he was on his own, I didn't!

You see his mother put him through school for a course he 'realized' wasn't a professional course and he wanted to get a second chance to study again. What puts me off was that his mother turned him down and he 'thought it was a joke'! He expected a second chance to be handed over to him on a platter of gold! That's absurd . .  NOBODY gets that!

I can't claim to have passed through what he has passed through, because I haven't . .  but c'mon, he is a graduate and that's a luxury a million people cannot afford!
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by odiaero3(m): 10:42am On May 21, 2010
@poster i feel for u, i will be able to help ya with 5,000 naira weekly, i hope that will be help a little, all i need now is for u to provide your banking account number and name, number, if i get it today b4 the bank closed, u get the 5,000 naira 20 munites or less from the moment i get your account details, so am always online, hope this will help till u get better, so am waiting and can be able to do dis 4 u every week
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 10:42am On May 21, 2010
babsmii:

that's the bitter truth but it would have helped a great deal if it was conveyed in a more private medium to him not on a forum like this,
besides you are a lady and in this world, ladies attracts more pity and tend to get favour faster than men. so don't compare if you don't know what he's gone through, maybe he tried all he could and resorted to try nairaland, who knows?
so let's just give him that benefit of doubt and help as much as we can

Oh I'm sorry I wasn't more discrete. But if people jump to his aid without trying to make him see he could do it on his own, it could affect a lot of other people who are struggling and determined to make it on their own! This is afterall, a public forum. If I had a job to offer, I won't hesitate to give it to him but it wont be because I pity him!

And  I do get more 'pity' and 'offers to help' from people because I'm a lady, but it's a hard world we live in. I do have to give something in return. Something I'll rather rot in poverty than give . . so yes, I'm a lady, but that doesn't help me much!

The guy has a degree, I'm sorry I can't bring myself to 'pity' him! He made it! and no matter how he did it, he did acheive it! So could we just ease a little on this 'orphan cry for help' thing?
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 10:43am On May 21, 2010
odiaero_:

[color=#000099[size=15pt]]@poster i feel for u, i will be able to help ya with 5,000 naira weekly, i hope that will be help a little, all i need now is for u to provide your banking account number and name, number, if i get it today b4 the bank closed, u get the 5,000 naira 20 munites or less from the moment i get your account details, so am always online, hope this will help till u get better, so am waiting and can be able to do dis 4 u every week[/size][/color]

I can't remember seeing him ask for money! undecided
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by odiaero3(m): 10:45am On May 21, 2010
^^ ok, i thought is that, anyway wht those he want then?
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 10:49am On May 21, 2010
^^ Ajob. You can give your money to the real orphans!
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 10:49am On May 21, 2010
The guy needs a job first before anything else.

Once he gets a job, other things will begin to fall into place
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by odiaero3(m): 10:51am On May 21, 2010
ok, i thought is money to furthert his education, thank u
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by Nobody: 10:54am On May 21, 2010
Ujujoan:

Of course everybody could use a little help once in a while. The poeple in our lives contribute to make us what we will ultimately become. But they don't have the final say, we do!

You know, even without the 'help' you get from your family, you would have still made it . . . somehow! Because there are still people out there who doesn't have a family or friend to help them. If I'm broke today, I can't think of ONE person who'd give me a lifeline. This guy had his whole life to know he was on his own, I didn't!

You see his mother put him through school for a course he 'realized' wasn't a professional course and he wanted to get a second chance to study again. What puts me off was that his mother turned him down and he 'thought it was a joke'! He expected a second chance to be handed over to him on a platter of gold! That's absurd . . NOBODY gets that!

I can't claim to have passed through what he has passed through, because I haven't . . but c'mon, he is a graduate and that's a luxury a million people cannot afford!
Madam Believe me when I say I would never have made it without my family, Its the plain truth. Maybe that is how it is for you but some people need a little more help. Being a graduate really doesnt mean much this days. I have a graduate now on my neck a married man graduated with 2.1 Has been in business but debtors ran him down now he is willing to take up a job even as a gate man.
Life in this country is hard, very hard I see poverty everyday and i know how it hurts.
When i was younger, some times we could not afford common Alefu to cook, we would have to pick the wild vegies growing in the neiborhood, that bad and I know how helplessness can feel, so when i see someone who needs help instead of thinking about all the negatives i think of what will happen If i refuse to help at the same time i take time to get information and do things right to make sure the outcome is good for both of us.
I know i am who i am today because someone somewhere gave me a helping hand and refused to give up on me, all this motivated me to be a social worker so i canhelp people genuienly in need.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by chinesedoll(f): 10:55am On May 21, 2010
[bthis is perphas  d most silly comment i have made and mite b d silliest ever. i study human behaviour, i discover d following 4rm d poster
1. this whole stuff would be a scam but i dont know d motive behind it
2. the poster called himself an orphan to gain sympathy
3. he, like most pple in his condition if that is true are very myopic @poster how do u choose a career u dont even know d job opportunity
4. your mum has thus far tried her best for u so she has nt disserted u like u claim.

in conclusion mr poster dont be angry wit me if am wrong. is my opnion anyway.i can not recommend a job for u since i dont even know your qualification.
y dont u post your CV[/b] on nairaland luck make smile on u. i discover from your writing dat if u r nt a scam then u have a low self esteem and dat must change b4 u can succeed

Ujujoan:

God bless u two for making so much sense,

@Helpers

My only advice would be to see the poster face to face before parting with anything at all.
Even at that sef still do your own investigations.
Nobody is saying you should not help but shine your eyes well well.
Because me I won't hesitate to laugh when the thread of how you were scammed is posted on the first page.

@poster

Please post your CV here,
So that potential employers can contact you.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by messiah(m): 11:03am On May 21, 2010
I hope the guys over here that are willing to help realize early enough that they're falling for the oldest scam in the books. His well-scripted story seems like something directly lifted from a typical Nigerian rag-to-riches movie. Sure enough, he has earned your sympathy and possibly already re-affirmed your resolve to help. But knowing what Nigerians are capable of, it'll be no surprise to me if anyone of you guys come lamenting later.
A word is sure enough for the wise.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by dbigrod(m): 11:07am On May 21, 2010
[size=16pt]
Ujujoan:

I can't remember seeing him ask for money! undecided

there is nothing wrong if the guys wants to send the poster some kishi.hope its for real.atleast that may help for now.
[/size]
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by member479760: 11:09am On May 21, 2010
@poster,

Go to the state government and apply for PG scholarship, presently, guys from that your area are swimming in a scholarship pool.
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by odiaero3(m): 11:10am On May 21, 2010
now @all, am really getting confused, wht do u people said, we should not help?, i was really touched by the first time i read the story of the poster, but with wht am hearing now, am thinking otherwise undecided
Re: My Greatest Challenge As An Orphan by busybody20: 11:15am On May 21, 2010
odiaero_:

now @all, am really getting confused, wht do u people said, we should not help?, i was really touched by the first time i read the story of the poster, but with wht am hearing now, am thinking otherwise undecided

[size=16pt]The following Members have been writing on NL that they need a Job FunmyKemmy, makky, nitrogen, isonlagba etc; Why havent you been touched?  undecided   lipsrsealed  because they didnt write a Sympathetic story line?  lipsrsealed  [/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

My Wife Always Tears My Boxers To Rape Me, Man Tells Court / Mohbad: Where’s Imole’s Mother ? / Excited Nigerian Mother Shares Birthday Gift Her Kids Got Her With Lunch Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.