Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,375 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? (19428 Views)

If You Are Unemployed Consider This / Should I Consider This As A Rejection Message / I Am 25 And Want To Start Up My Own Business. Which Businesses Can I Consider? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by cana882(m): 6:05pm On Apr 22, 2018
EZENDDIGBO:
thanks but I'm already 29 and I will be 29years by July..
I stay in Lagos..
don't worry bro.. Just follow this page https://www.nairaland.com/2907013/updated-new-job-vacancies/719 and you'll find something good soon. I've gotten 3 good offers from nairaland dating from last year. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by EZENDDIGBO(m): 6:05pm On Apr 22, 2018
Pat4t5:
what is your discipline?
hello
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by Halifaxguy: 6:06pm On Apr 22, 2018
jayinfo2:
Somone should please help me with a job too. So I can have issues deciding on which to pick. I'm a computer science graduate. I could do Any job that will allow me use the computer every time. Thank you.

There are lots of jobs for computer science graduates, especially those with programming and software development skills. Even for entry level software or web development jobs you need to have functional programming skills in any one or more of these languages: Java, C#, Php, Python, JavaScript, Jquery, C++ etc.
Your computer science degree will be a waste if you don't have these skills and a software project(s) to showcase to prospective employers.

1 Like

Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by EZENDDIGBO(m): 6:09pm On Apr 22, 2018
cana882:
don't worry bro.. Just follow this page https://www.nairaland.com/2907013/updated-new-job-vacancies/719 and you'll find something good soon. I've gotten 3 good offers from nairaland dating from last year. Cheers
thanks bro
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by AdorableJosh(m): 6:11pm On Apr 22, 2018
I think you should take the job as your current one has become toxic and like someone rightly suggested you might soon find an accomodation close to the island. I wish you the best.

Ps: Pls guys I'm looking for a job, presently running a PGD program in Uniabuja.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by NotBeenPaid: 6:13pm On Apr 22, 2018
EZENDDIGBO:
his name sir . what if he ask me who gave me his number?
I will need to mention ur name sir.
Please call him. I've already told him about you
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 22, 2018
Roseey0:
What do you guys call job sef?
Just something that will put food on your table or something you will grow on?
What future does been an errand boy hold for you?
How does it improve your CV?
Look at Job prospects and not how much you are making for now.
I hope it is not errand boy you are being offered in the new place.

My sweetheart I don't understand when I see things like this either

Thoughts should.be on career growth and skill acquisition on the job

Smh
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by meedx: 6:17pm On Apr 22, 2018
please look before you leap. All that glitter aren't gold. Talking from experience. I left my job on the mainland which I thought was not the big deal attracted by an offer on the island with fantastic pay and beautiful work environment(all packaging ). After, I resumed I discovered I had made a huge mistake. Salary was delayed for like 3 months. official closing time was not honoured ( stayed in office till 8 or 9pm).
My job was like running personal errands and no future for career growth was in place as the organization lacked structure.
It was an awful experience, I eventually resigned when I began looking like a shadow of myself and realised I was more.
Other staff left as soon as they came. Just imagine 14 staff quitting within 2 months after recruitment.
My point is don't make any hasty decision and don't be carried away by mouth watery offer..
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by EZENDDIGBO(m): 6:17pm On Apr 22, 2018
NotBeenPaid:
Call him then. He's not on Nairaland.
He's my friend
have call him.. thanks..
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by EZENDDIGBO(m): 6:19pm On Apr 22, 2018
NotBeenPaid:

Please call him. I've already told him about you
thanks I have call him... GBU
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by qanda: 6:19pm On Apr 22, 2018
The ideal answer will depend on your Big picture. Does the new job have any link with your long term plan? Will you get valuable knowledge and experience at your new place? Irrespective of the salary, if you'd gain valuable experience, then you may need to overlook the stress and pay. Also improve on your networking skills and continue to look out for better opportunities.

Meanwhile, you can make decent revenue selling Study materials, Past Questions and Answer on Q and A App. Download Q and A App from Google Playstore

1 Like

Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by Basseybruce: 6:26pm On Apr 22, 2018
Evening, I can feel the psychological trauma u are passing through, this is my little piece, I think d best thing to do is to weigh d renumeration of both job first, of which I absolutely bliv d Island's job would pay better. Look @ d stress, expenses, & d likes involved, moreso, there's possibility dat u wld jam anoda job better dan d two aforementioned in Island. Go there, hear them out, & b ready 2 drop ur resignatn leta wea u are presently. Best Of Luck!
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by candyguyofficia(m): 6:27pm On Apr 22, 2018
niggi4life:
Tough one here, I'll say you should still go for the interview tomorrow, weight your options very well.

I dread working on the island I swear, those people who work on d island and live deep in the mainland (ikotun, igando, abule egba, egbeda axis are not human) the day i went for an interview on d island from mainland, woke up 4am, left home 5am, got back 10:30pm. I was asked to resume d job d next week,my broda, i run ooo.

So if u can cope with d distance and transport stress then it's okay

You that was looking for job ran away when you finally got a job grin grin grin Lazy Nigerian Youth Spotted.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by NotBeenPaid: 6:29pm On Apr 22, 2018
EZENDDIGBO:
thanks I have call him... GBU
You're welcome
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by Sambai65(m): 6:55pm On Apr 22, 2018
twinskenny:
in abeokuta graduates are fighting over 12k per month job.. can u imagine
wat?
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by Donraqh(m): 6:56pm On Apr 22, 2018
ceeroh:
My fellow nairalanders, I'm in a dilemma at the moment. I presently work in a small company (one man business) with a ridiculously low pay, I can't even afford to save, no defined job description; I run all sorts of errands and yet, I still remain committed. And my boss, he never appreciates whatever you do, uses you as if you're not human, a chronic micromanager. So I wake up every morning feeling depressed and demotivated. But una know na, if I don't work, hunger will wire me and Bubu will call me lazy. grin
So recently, I went for an interview and I think I did well cos I was asked to come back tomorrow. During the course of the interview, the salary was mentioned and it's more than what I earn presently but the office is on the Island while I live on the mainland. So the t.fare will be much, even as high as what I earn at the moment. Which means I'll have little or nothing left with me after all the monthly expenses.
Now, I was asked to come tomorrow... should I go and hear what they wanna say? If the offer remains the same, should I reject or accept? I'm confused.
And I'm so so tired of my present job. No zeal, no motivation, nothing whatsoever.

Please push this to FP, I have less than 24hours to decide.

Citing the latter part of your submission

"And I'm so so tired of my present job. No zeal, no motivation, nothing whatsoever[/b].

Citing the latter part of your submission

"A[b]nd I'm so so tired of my present job. No zeal, no motivation, nothing whatsoever."
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by SmartyPants(m): 6:58pm On Apr 22, 2018
ceeroh:

I'm telling you. Every Sunday evening, if you see me, you'd think I just lost a close friend or relative.

Mate don't spend your life being miserable... move on. 2014 i quit a decent job for one wit half the pay because i was chasing peace of mind. I've grown far beyond that level today.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by femliany(m): 7:01pm On Apr 22, 2018
bastien:
weitin be otokoto
Senior brother of Clifford Orji
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by EZENDDIGBO(m): 7:02pm On Apr 22, 2018
Pat4t5:
what is your discipline?
any hope sir?
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by Trustworthiness: 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2018
niggi4life:
Tough one here, I'll say you should still go for the interview tomorrow, weight your options very well.

I dread working on the island I swear, those people who work on d island and live deep in the mainland (ikotun, igando, abule egba, egbeda axis are not human) the day i went for an interview on d island from mainland, woke up 4am, left home 5am, got back 10:30pm. I was asked to resume d job d next week,my broda, i run ooo.

So if u can cope with d distance and transport stress then it's okay

Imagine. Lazy Nigerian Youth spotted.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by Invictum(m): 7:20pm On Apr 22, 2018
You can get accommodation on the island to cut out the commuting cost.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by EZENDDIGBO(m): 7:20pm On Apr 22, 2018
NotBeenPaid:
You're welcome
he is asking for payment which I don't have. I wish I have but I don't.. thanks anyway
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by jayinfo2(m): 7:20pm On Apr 22, 2018
Halifaxguy:

There are lots of jobs for computer science graduates, especially those with programming and software development skills. Even for entry level software or web development jobs you need to have functional programming skills in any one or more of these languages: Java, C#, Php, Python, JavaScript, Jquery, C++ etc.
Your computer science degree will be a waste if you don't have these skills and a software project(s) to showcase to prospective employers.

Thank you so much. I appreciate your words. Well I will keep applying for jobs. I'm actually a web programmer have couple of project to my name. Just that recently no one has been calling me to help design a project for them. Even some pending project at hands now their owners refused to pay up .
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by Mrbloom1234: 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2018
NotBeenPaid:

Send me an email

You a graduate?

Am a graduate too,am so depressed right now I need as my responsibilities are on the increase..

I seriously need a job if you can help..
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by javalady(f): 7:32pm On Apr 22, 2018
bastien:
apply for ndokwa hotel
Are you an ukwuani person?
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by NotBeenPaid: 7:32pm On Apr 22, 2018
EZENDDIGBO:
he is asking for payment which I don't have.
I wish I have but I don't.. thanks anyway
Just called him now and he said that he's still chatting with you. You don't have to pay now being that you're not buoyant now. You can pay after you've gotten the job according to what he just told me

1 Like

Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 22, 2018
Accept. Financially, you will not be worse off. Emotionally and career wise, you will be much better off. Who knows, maybe when you start working at the new place, one of your new colleagues might have accomodation to share or you might find some other solution to your transport problem. A job is not only for pay; future prospects, experience, upgrade of your cv, even workplace environment, are all factors.

And don't listen to those who would tell you that the second employer might even be worse than the first. This type of thinking seriously hampers progress in life. Be a go-getter.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2018
NotBeenPaid:

Just called him now and he said that he's still chatting with you. You don't have to pay now being that you're not buoyant now. You can pay after you've gotten the job according to what he just told me
You that has not been paid for 22months is linking someone else to a job?
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by NotBeenPaid: 8:14pm On Apr 22, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
You that has not been paid for 22months is linking someone else to a job?
I'm currently in Abuja now. Not in Lagos. Don't misinterprete smiley
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by Gentew(m): 8:35pm On Apr 22, 2018
ceeroh:
My fellow nairalanders, I'm in a dilemma at the moment. I presently work in a small company (one man business) with a ridiculously low pay, I can't even afford to save, no defined job description; I run all sorts of errands and yet, I still remain committed. And my boss, he never appreciates whatever you do, uses you as if you're not human, a chronic micromanager. So I wake up every morning feeling depressed and demotivated. But una know na, if I don't work, hunger will wire me and Bubu will call me lazy. grin
So recently, I went for an interview and I think I did well cos I was asked to come back tomorrow. During the course of the interview, the salary was mentioned and it's more than what I earn presently but the office is on the Island while I live on the mainland. So the t.fare will be much, even as high as what I earn at the moment. Which means I'll have little or nothing left with me after all the monthly expenses.
Now, I was asked to come tomorrow... should I go and hear what they wanna say? If the offer remains the same, should I reject or accept? I'm confused.
And I'm so so tired of my present job. No zeal, no motivation, nothing whatsoever.

Please push this to FP, I have less than 24hours to decide.

My advise is that you take up that new job. You have to leave a job u are not happy
doing. I'm in dsame shoe with u op
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by ozoneboy(m): 8:37pm On Apr 22, 2018
EZENDDIGBO:
anyone you reject after making up ur mind. please let me know I'm ready to accept anyone Biko..

I need a job brother..
Bro go call them that the should improve their offer and call u back.If the want you they will improve the offer.
Re: Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? by cryles(m): 8:52pm On Apr 22, 2018
OboOlora:

I know. Was in ur shoes once before God answered me.

Please share ur email, I will contact you personally and see what God can do through me.

halleluyah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

China Central Television (CCTV NEWS) RECRUITMENT / Elizade University Academic And Non-teaching Staff Job Recruitment (33 Positions / What Course Did You Study And What Do You Do Currently?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.