Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite (44453 Views)

Monitor Lizard I Killed Today Around Sangotedo Shoprite / Despite Importation Ban, Foreign Rice Floods Nigerian Markets / Photo Of N500 Corn At Shoprite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by aujile(m): 7:35pm On Apr 22, 2018
Sirjamo:
Where is a picture of a made in Nigeria rice during your Jona time? Anything good always start from jona, but if its bad, it's Buhari, you people always think all of us are fools like you.
You need pictures?

1 Like

Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by erico2k2(m): 7:37pm On Apr 22, 2018
naijapips04:
repackaged. Who are these people trying to fool?

Made in Nigeria rice and 25kg cost 10k?

Meaning that 1 full bag of rice (50kg) would cost 20k. Ndi Ara!
Thank you, those people rejoicing are being fed by thier parents still, if not waht is there to celibrate 25k rice for 10k and they are happy,
Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by Seun360(m): 7:38pm On Apr 22, 2018
tballeyy:
Even 50kg of Lake rice is 13500
Abeg, how is that Lake Rice?
Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by slimthugchimee2(m): 7:39pm On Apr 22, 2018
faceURfront:
Shoprite is selling 25kg for 10k. And some people are telling us the price of rice has fallen. In on thread someone claimed to have bought a 50kg bag for 13k or so.
I buy abakiliki rice at 13 to 14k

2 Likes

Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by agabusta: 7:39pm On Apr 22, 2018
faceURfront:
Shoprite is selling 25kg for 10k. And some people are telling us the price of rice has fallen. In on thread someone claimed to have bought a 50kg bag for 13k or so.

I bought a bag of rice yesterday at Iddo, Lagos for 12,800.
Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by bekpo(m): 7:41pm On Apr 22, 2018
Butterflyleo:

grin cheesy

With the nefarious "stealing is not corruption" slogan

U got it right there.

2 Likes

Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by PierreDeFermath(m): 7:46pm On Apr 22, 2018
who go buy this nonsense for 20k? thieves. Buy Naija to grow naira koor,when Naika product is much more expensive than foreign
Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by bekpo(m): 7:50pm On Apr 22, 2018
aujile:
You need pictures?

How many was there at d time?

1 Like

Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by Biodun556(m): 8:02pm On Apr 22, 2018
May Almighty God bless President Buhari and his parents.

2 Likes

Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2018
agarawu23:
That's too expensive. Saw it in festac shoprite too.
It's cheaper in the open market.

Buhari's not lazy.

2 Likes

Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 22, 2018
emiwanlee:
I cant but that nonsense for 10K but those are fallout of jonas policies on agriculture and not buhari. Buhari is not doing well in agriculture, quote me, i have facts.
no insults intended

can u please share your facts so that we can all learn

thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by JikanBaura(m): 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2018
50kg cost 10k in Kebbi state , land of farmers cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by LorDBolton(m): 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2018
emiwanlee:
I cant but that nonsense for 10K but those are fallout of jonas policies on agriculture and not buhari. Buhari is not doing well in agriculture, quote me, i have facts.

I've quoted you bro.

Please enlighten me... Thanks

1 Like

Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by lobell: 8:15pm On Apr 22, 2018
LegDoLand:
This is a welcomed development.

However, it is more expensive than the imported ones - an indication of production costs that are higher than the cost of importing.

The government should partner with these companies and farmers, especially, with the aim of cutting these costs to attract people to buy it.

IMO, locally produced rice should be at least 20% lesser in price compared to the imported ones, before people will be prepared to sacrifice their taste for imported ones

You still don't understand that the rice is actually imported and repackaged and sold for a higher markup. Win-win for the sellers.
Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by aujile(m): 8:17pm On Apr 22, 2018
bekpo:

How many was there at d time?
That you do not know about them does not mean they do not exist...or that you are just getting to know them does not mean they just came up now.

1 Like

Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by tballeyy(m): 8:22pm On Apr 22, 2018
Seun360:

Abeg, how is that Lake Rice?
very good
Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by TexasR: 8:31pm On Apr 22, 2018
deomelllo:
God Bless Nigerian Farmers

God Bless Nigeria

God Bless PMB.

You spoilt the whole thing with your third line
Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by joegab: 8:38pm On Apr 22, 2018
No matter what Nigeria Rice is nutritious than foreign Rice as some imported Rice must have been Polished and expired that y their price cheaper than Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by joegab: 8:39pm On Apr 22, 2018
No matter what Nigeria Rice is nutritious than foreign Rice as some imported Rice must have been Polished and expired that y their price cheaper than Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by mapet: 8:59pm On Apr 22, 2018
Sirjamo:

emiwanlee: :
Where is a picture of a made in Nigeria rice during your Jona time? Anything good always start from jona, but if its bad, it's Buhari, you people always think all of us are fools like you.

Do you think it is even worth it dignifying someone that can hardly string a simple sentence together with a response? Imagine, "I cannot "but""

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 22, 2018
aujile:
You need pictures?

Nigerian youths are found of making a mockery of an intellectual discourse. So you are comparing Ebony brown rice to Large Scale Rice Agro Mechanised Farming & Milling. Those who managed Stallion Group, Olam, Flour Mills Nigeria, Life Flour Mill, Dangote, Churchgate group & other big companies importing rice into Nigeria ,Clearing & forwarding companies, customs, banks & Daleko market rice sellers association & Kano Rice Importers/sellers know what it means to ban importation & produce locally. You are displaying Ebony brown rice when we are talking about substitute for Stallion rice or mama gold or any of Thai / Indian parboiled rice imported into Nigeria with billion of dollars of oil money. Where are Nigerian youths?
Dr Femi Adesina worked very hard, but he was not in charge of economic policy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by vertueptime: 9:21pm On Apr 22, 2018
aujile:

POS is available

True that for 50% of the customers

1 Like

Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by mapet: 9:22pm On Apr 22, 2018
Butterflyleo:

KidsNEXTdoor:

Did you say PMB?
What has he got to do with this

Arming and aiding terrorists to attack farmers in their

These are facts.

Note the year and be cured from your hate filled ignorance.

1) Nigerian Customs Service (NCS), re-introduced the ban of rice import through its land borders in 2016, as an effort to boost local rice production in Nigeria.

2)The Federal Government mandated the CBN to release N40 billion for the “Anchor Borrowers Programme” (ABP) for Rice farmers. The program was designed to assist Small Scale farmers to increase the production and supply of feedstock to agro-processors.

3) The Anchor Borrowers Programme was launched in November 2016, said to have been pushed by 14 states of Kebbi, Sokoto, Niger, Kaduna, Katsina, Jigawa, Kano, Zamfara, Admawa, Plateau, Lagos, Ogun, Cross-Rivers and Ebonyi for rice and wheat farmers to advance their status from small holder farmers to commercial or large growers.

You are trying to make sense with someone who's bluntly refused it from the get-to-go?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by bekpo(m): 9:39pm On Apr 22, 2018
aujile:
That you do not know about them does not mean they do not exist...or that you are just getting to know them does not mean they just came up now.

U r yet to answer my question. Which of the local rice was produced during Jonathan's tenure?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by 9jaArea: 9:42pm On Apr 22, 2018
naijapips04:
repackaged. Who are these people trying to fool?

Made in Nigeria rice and 25kg cost 10k?

Meaning that 1 full bag of rice (50kg) would cost 20k. Ndi Ara!
Go out of that village you're commenting from and explore, the "Mama's Pride" rice is grown, milled and packaged in Nassarawa. The farm is operated by Olam.
LAZY NIGERIAN YOUHT

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by 9jaArea: 9:46pm On Apr 22, 2018
neonly:

Most people dont know Olam doesn't grow rice here in niaja dis rice is probably repackage here in niaja my opinion sha cause I am a contractor for dat company
I wonder what you want to achieve with this lie. Are you the owner of the farm in Nassarawa?
Another lazy youth claiming contractor

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by victorazyvictor(m): 9:49pm On Apr 22, 2018
9jaArea:
It will take sometime but PMBs unpopular policies will come to fruition in the nearest future and Nigeria will be better for it.

When ppl don die finish abi?
Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by 9jaArea: 9:55pm On Apr 22, 2018
victorazyvictor:

When ppl don die finish abi?
No I and others will still be here.
The lazy ones can go on and die.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by cosmos1440: 10:13pm On Apr 22, 2018
Teewhy2:
Don't know why imported rice is cheaper than local rice.

cost of production in those countries are very low.
while cost of production in Nigeria is very high

2 Likes

Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by aujile(m): 10:19pm On Apr 22, 2018
bekpo:

U r yet to answer my question. Which of the local rice was produced during Jonathan's tenure?
Google is not for fancy
Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by victorazyvictor(m): 10:19pm On Apr 22, 2018
9jaArea:
No I and others will still be here. The lazy ones can go on and die.
So your praying for Buhari children to die ba?
Re: Made In Nigeria Rice Floods Shoprite by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 22, 2018
9jaArea:
It will take sometime but PMBs unpopular policies will come to fruition in the nearest future and Nigeria will be better for it.

What nonsense are u talking bout?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Need A Full Week Balanced Diet Eating Time Table / The Bush Rat I Killed Today.. / How Do You Prefer Your Corn? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.