Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book (84726 Views)

This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / Soyinka Meets Sowore In Abuja Ahead Of His Court Appearance (Photos) / Unbowed And Unbroken: TIB Members Visit Defiant Sowore In DSS Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by fabre4: 3:27pm On Apr 23, 2018
obailala:

Talking about subsidy protest, the reason Nigerians rejected the subsidy removal isnt differ3nt from the reason Nigerians have rejected and protested every single fuel price increase since the 90's. Quit going about for the sake of politics acting sanctimoniously like you were not opposed to subsidy removal in 2012. So all the Nigerians all over the place blasting the government then and creating memes then, who exactly were they at the time (since every Jonathanian now claims they were in support of subsidy removal in 2012)?... Can you swear on the life of your family that in 2012, you @fabre4 were in total support of subsidy removal?

Regarding ECA, a lot of you folks claim PMB and his people are the masters of 'blame trading', but just imaging the ridiculous watery arguments you keeping putting up about AMEACHI being the one who stopped GEJ and NOI from saving. After the FG was caught several times pilfering funds from the ECA, the state governors simply put pressure that the state's share of the ECA be released to them. The only thing more ridiculous and laughable than conveniently mentioning only the name of 1 governor (out of 36) is the fact that in your bid to play the blame game, you also allude that AMAECHI used voodoo on president GEJ which made the FG's lion share of the ECA funds (52%) to also be squandered. Amaechi must really be a sad powerful juju manipulator acxording to your logic.

Ignorance is a disease... I was against the timing which was January 1st but after listening to sanusi some people were still adamant not minding the consequence yet they still blame Jonathan

One question Did The Governors in OBJ Government do the same thing Amaechi and co did mind you it was amaechi's faction not all the governors that went to court
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by LadyExcellency: 3:41pm On Apr 23, 2018
obailala:

Lol...
@LadyExcellency, quit trying to be clever by half, you aren't talking to children or dunces. Let's try an expose your deceit, those figures you quoted there, can you kindly quote the dates beside those figures?... The last time I checked, Nigeria's foreign reserves as at May 29th 2015 was about $28.6 billion; so in you post when you said "AS AT NOW", what date exactly was the "NOW" you were referring to? No

By the way, I quoted figures which I am still eagerly waiting for you or anyone to dispute, you should have boldly mentioned me when you made the above post with those fraudulent figures instead of hiding by quoting someone else. Of course you couldn't directly face me to dispute my figures because they are simple facts which can very easily be verified by anyone via a google search.

Meanwhile @Whynotthetruth, the worst form of ignorance is the proud type. If I am wrong, I will be very happy t take correction if presented with verifiable facts and superior argument. You keep blabbing about facts, facts and facts but can't even supply a single one. If you truly have those verifiable figures which contradicts what I put up earlier, a smart person would have simply presented them instead of bleating about with insults. That you even endorsed the deceitful post by @LadyExcellency, that speaks volumes of your own level of knowledge. And you have the guts to think someone else is deluded? Tufia!

I just put it to you that you were lying.

You said Jonathan inherited $60b. Is it true or false.

Where did Buhari got the money for bailout?

NLNG royality made during Jonathan administration was $5 billion. The truth is nobody calculated what we had as at May 29th because it wasn't month ending hence APC wanted Nigerians to think that the purse was empty while the Allocations were monthly based.

NB. I wasn't trying to deceive anybody with my figures because I posted a link for verification. Moreover, as much as I want to win a debate, I want us to be factual.

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by deomelllo: 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2018
LadyExcellency:

He actually inherited $48 billion and degraded it down to $29 billion by May 28 2015. 48-29=18

What did Okonjo and Jona do with $18 billion? This is on top of the Trillions he borrowed and the largest oil earnings in the history of Nigeria.

Even with all that, Jona still introduced austerity measures.

The most important question is? Who created the need and necessity for states to be bailed out with government funds?

NLNG royality made during Jonathan administration was $5 billion. The truth is nobody calculated what we had as at May 29th because it wasn't month ending hence APC wanted Nigerians to think that the purse was empty while the Allocations were monthly based

It doesn't matter how you spin, cut and dice it, fact remains that Jona depleted our reserves down to $29 billion.

Jona was borrowing at least N100 billion monthly from his 1st year in office and by the 2nd year, he's borrowed over N2 Trillion.

By his 2nd year in office when oil was selling at positive peak of $116 and oil windfall, Jona and Okonjo warned us to get ready for recession. Why?

By 2014, Jona and Okonjo introduced Austerity measure

By 2015, Jona and Okonjo borrowed over N450 billion to pay workers salaries.

What about the $2 billion Jona and Okonjo stole that DASUKI ATM shared with their crooked and corrupt cronies.

So, at what point during Jona and Okonjo's term in office was the economy better managed and Nigeria's checkbook was in black, solvent and positive.

What part?

Jona not only borrowed from his 1st day in office, he borrowed till his last day in office and it was so bad that they borrowed to pay salaries.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by LadyExcellency: 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2018
deomelllo:

He actually inherited $48 billion and degraded it down to $29 billion by May 28 2015. 48-29=18

What did Okonjo and Jona do with $18 billion? This is on top of the Trillions he borrowed and the largest oil earnings in the history of Nigeria.

When you borrow, it accumulates. What was the figure he added to our total debt?

What is the figure now that we are not borrowing?

Please note that foreign reserve doesn't amount to savings rather excess crude reserve. The truth is thar the opposition was responsible for sharing the excess crude reserve.

Good, you corrected those incorrect figures you quoted with recklessness.

We measure government policies with effects on the people and there are positives with Jonathan's but everything with Buhari is retrogressive, negative and biting.

The most important question is? Who created the need and necessity for states to be bailed out with government funds?

It doesn't matter how you spin, cut and dice it, fact remains that Jona depleted our reserves down to $29 billion.

Jona was borrowing at least N100 billion monthly from his 1st year in office and by the 2nd year, he's borrowed over N2 Trillion.

By his 2nd year in office when oil was selling at positive peak of $116 and oil windfall, Jona and Okonjo warned us to get ready for recession. Why?

What about the $2 billion Jona and Okonjo stole that DASUKI ATM shared with their crooked and corrupt cronies.

So, at what point during Jona and Okonjo's term in office was the economy better managed and Nigeria's checkbook was in black, solvent and positive.

What part?

Jona not only borrowed from his 1st day in office, he borrowed till his last day in office and it was so bad that they borrowed to pay salaries.

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by LadyExcellency: 4:50pm On Apr 23, 2018
deomelllo:

What part?

When you borrow, it accumulates. What was the figure he added to our total debt?

What is the figure now that we are not borrowing?

Please note that foreign reserve doesn't amount to savings rather excess crude reserve. The truth is that the opposition was responsible for sharing the excess crude reserve.

Good, you corrected those forgery you quoted with recklessness.

We measure government policies with effects on the people and there are positives with Jonathan's but everything with Buhari is retrogressive, negative and biting.

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by obailala(m): 5:12pm On Apr 23, 2018
fabre4:

Ignorance is a disease... I was against the timing which was January 1st but after listening to sanusi some people were still adamant not minding the consequence yet they still blame Jonathan

One question Did The Governors in OBJ Government do the same thing Amaechi and co did mind you it was amaechi's faction not all the governors that went to court
Okay, only Amaechi and a couple of his friends pushed for ECA to be shared, all the other governors folded their arms and were pushing for GEJ to save the money for them right?... How much more laughable can this stale defense be?... Meanwhile, like you said, ignorance is truly like a disease, if you weren't infected, then you should have at least known that the governors had taken the FG to court over that same ECA fund right from the days of OBJ when Amaechi hadn't even dreamt of being a governor.

Then on subsidy, of course every enlightened person understood the economic argument in favour of subsidy removal at the time, that same argument had even been there right from the days of OBJ. But through history, Nigerians had always roundly rejected any increase in pump price purely because of the insincerity on the part of government. So once again, you can go tell this your story about how you "supported subsidy removal in 2012" to the marine spirits; over 98% of Nigerians in 2012 were against the increase in pump prices from N65 to N142 then.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by obailala(m): 5:25pm On Apr 23, 2018
LadyExcellency:

NLNG royality made during Jonathan administration was $5 billion. The truth is nobody calculated what we had as at May 29th because it wasn't month ending hence APC wanted Nigerians to think that the purse was empty while the Allocations were monthly based.

NB. I wasn't trying to deceive anybody with my figures because I posted a link for verification. Moreover, as much as I want to win a debate, I want us to be factual.
Okay I'm sorry, maybe I was wrong. But since you're so sure I'm lying about GEJ meeting over $60billion in saved funds (ECA + reserves), can you kindly tell us the specific figure GEJ inherited in the foreign reserves and ECA account?... And just for your info, yes you did post a link to the CBN site, but you obviously did not bother to open the link which you posted, else you would have known that the figures you quoted were from mid-2014 and not 2015.

By the way, like I said before, stop trying to be too smart for yourself in a desperate bid to exonerate GEJ from the squandermania which his government was known for. How can you save money which hasn't entered your hands yet?... PMB bailed out states with the NLNG funds which were only received post-May 2015. Obviously if that payment had been received before May-2015, I don't need a soothsayer to tell you it would have been vapourized.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by laudate: 5:31pm On Apr 23, 2018
CaptJeffry:
This is disheartening. I know Duke is a mafia but I never knew he could be evil minded towards an SS brother.

Where I've seen Duke and Ben Bruce in Los Angeles isn't a place one sees ordinary men. This is why I smile when people refer to them as nice guys.

Biko, tell us the name of the place in LA, as well as the post code, sharp-sharp. We promise to keep your secrets, secret.... cool

poseidon12:
Where did you see them at?

Me sef, I dey wonder o....! shocked

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by laudate: 5:36pm On Apr 23, 2018
RexTramadol1:
If he cn leak a private conversation without Iweala's consent, he will one day sell the country's destiny for the right price.
Gbam! You talk am well....! undecided
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by SternProphet: 5:36pm On Apr 23, 2018
Xander85:

Messed up which economy? You must be referring to a Nigeria in a parallel universe!

Nigerias' economy was on an upward trajectory when GEJ and Okonjo-Iweala were in charge. Almost all socio-economic indicators were positive. This kwarruption-kwarruption you numbskulls keep on parroting about just to try and deflect blame for Buhari and APC gross incompetence and running the economy aground....you know Nigeria performed better in the corruption perception index during the time of GEJ? Even regarding security, can you actually say Nigeria is more secure today than when GEJ was President? Wasn't the naira better valued during the GEJ years than it is today with you 'man of integrity' in power? The present job losses nko.....can you compare the present job data to those of the GEJ years?

Come to think of it, since your 'saint' is now in power and corruption has purportedly been reduced to its barest minimum...since the price of oil has been above the budgeted estimates for at least the past two budgets....since the Buhari gov't has recovered all the billions of dollars they say GEJ gov't and PDP stole since 1999...since all this is now the case shouldn't we be experiencing economic boom and happiness?

You guys are so annoying walahi!

Nigeria's economy was wrecked by GEJ and this woman. There was no upward trajectory , oil price was high. Iweala would have performed better if the weak, vision less GEJ had not been President. We will run many missed chances with this wasted opportunity from Otuoke.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by SternProphet: 5:38pm On Apr 23, 2018
Whynotthetruth:

Oil sold for $28 for a reasonable time under Jonathan... Also go and understand the arithmetic of high oil price without deregulation... Finally, ignorance doesn't pay, for how many months did Jonathan borrow to pay? He borrowed to pay for a month salary because budget wasn't approved already by NASS...

I wanted to believe your IQ was higher than GEJ. Now I rate them both about equal. smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by SternProphet: 5:47pm On Apr 23, 2018
This PMB is very correct. Nigerian youths are very lazy. Lazy and filled with sentiments and incurable tribalism. Look at people praising a govt that wasted every opportunity in Nigeria
Even GEJ himself in quiet moments knows he failed.
I can count many things that this mofo left undone in six years with $95 per barrel of price; Refineries, SIP that Iweala wanted to start but did not. Others like;TSA, BVN, NLNG additional trains, Mambila Hydro, Brass LNG, 2nd Niger Bridge, School feeding (yes Iweala mentioned it in 2013/2014), Ajaokuta completion, Airport Revamp, Defence equipment procurement, DICON, the list is endless. Yet some idxxts feel the need to defend this guy because he is gentle, looks like an underdog and allows everyone to chop. I hope you are chopping now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by SternProphet: 5:51pm On Apr 23, 2018
chronique:

This is not how to calculate what Nigeria earned under Jonathan. The figure you've mentioned is a gross amount based on OPEC prices. It doesn't represent nor take into consideration, deductions that would be made after the major IOCs take out their share from these figures, it doesn't take into account deductions for cost of operations, etc. Take for example, OML xyz is operated as a JV between chevron oil exploration and the nnpc with a sharing formula of 51-49% or 60-40%. If that field is producing 100,000 bpd and OPEC's selling price is $60,that would amount to about $6bn. $6bn doesn't go to the federal government but would be shared in agreed sharing formula between the fg and the ioc. Fg via the nnpc would still deduct their own cost of production before arriving at a net figure that would be remitted to the fg. There's a lot of misinformation out there in the media and it's killing us as a nation.

Please stop this. All JV companies still pay royalties and taxes on the oil shared. The true formula ranges from 65 - 85% for JVs but things ar better for ol coys on PSCs.

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by anyaekekehinde(m): 5:55pm On Apr 23, 2018
rusher14:

Show me one refinery in USA, UK, Korea owned by the country.

States don't run businesses.

How long would take you to understand this simple concept?

Maybe I am very dull and that's why I don't understand the concept.
But I am not too dull to know the following are state run oil companies with refineries

Saudi Aramco

India Oil

Rosneft

Abu Dhabi National Oil Company

National Iranian Oil Company

China National Petroleum Corporation

Kuwait Petroleum Corporation

Petroleos de Venezuela.

I would have insulted after you mentioned Korea, because it means you have not heard of KNOC which is the national oil company of Korea, read about them and the Oil refinery they have.
Wikipedia will help a bit, but you can research more about their operations

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korea_National_Oil_Corporation?wprov=sfla1

4 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by laudate: 5:56pm On Apr 23, 2018
DoTheNeedful:
Like you know the nature of what they discussed. Sowore has always reported issues as they relate to the country. Wetin bring undressed wife here. I am done with you. You are inferior! undecided

He is NOT inferior: he is telling you the truth. sad In another country, Sowore would be hauled into court to answer questions on why he leaked a conversation without the express permission of the other party who was involved, in that discussion. Ever heard of the Watergate scandal in America that signalled the death knell to Richard Nixon's presidential tenure in 1974? The Watergate complex break in along with the leaked conversations, recorded tapes, wiretapping and phone calls carried out in Nixon’s office? Read the whole story, and you would discover how unprofessional it was of Sowore to record that conversation without notifying her, and leak it to the public without consent!

LordAdam16:
Yes, go call a Secretary of a US Department on a private number reserved for family, have the call hung up on you, then go release said conversation online. And see if you have a job by the next morning.

There was nothing responsible about that Sowore's encounter with her. She has her official line, official email address, she has an address; place a call or send a mail (physical or electronic) to set up a meet or interview like an ethical journalist. If she doesn't respond, you publish your article and cite the fact that she did not respond after multiple tries. Go read PremiumTimes investigative pieces.

By the way, Sowore is beneath her. There are places she enters that Sowore would not dream of entering even if he becomes the president. He is a waste of time, not deserving of any attention, always has been.

-Lord

Don't mind him. He is just 'misyarning' crap over there.... sad

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by laudate: 6:13pm On Apr 23, 2018
DWJOBScom:
Finally someone spoke out!
It's sad that people don't research before speaking. The sovereign wealth fund(which Amaechi and co chose to share up and got jets with it) and YES Am on other things we don't know were her brainchild

Sovereign Wealth Fund was NOT her brainchild. Do your research. sad Olusegun Aganga during his initial short tenure as Minister of Finance under GEJ, created the Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF) to formalise a mechanism for national savings in 2011, before he was transferred to the Trade and Investment ministry. The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority Act was then signed into law, by President Goodluck Jonathan, with funds drawn from the Excess Crude Account (ECA).

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by laudate: 6:16pm On Apr 23, 2018
rusher14:
For one, nobody has given him monopoly.

There are other players in refinery business in Nigeria such as Petrolex.

Secondly, even without the private refineries are we not facing this so-called danger?

Petrolex does not own a refinery. sad It has a petroleum products depot and tank farm. Its' plans to build a refinery are still on paper, and have not been actualised.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by chronique(m): 6:17pm On Apr 23, 2018
SternProphet:

Please stop this. All JV companies still pay royalties and taxes on the oil shared. The true formula ranges from 65 - 85% for JVs but things ar better for ol coys on PSCs.

What I put there isn't the actual %. It was just for illustration purpose so people stop thinking the whole money comes to the fg.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Kingspin(m): 6:25pm On Apr 23, 2018
All I see na election article.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:09pm On Apr 23, 2018
famosh:

Boy, you should be advising yourself about ignorance & DELUSION not being a plus! So what specific month did the links tell you FG borrowed to pay? Did the links tell you FG borrowed just because budget wasn't ready? Didn't you see the major reason why FG had to borrow to pay salaries? You just copy & paste links without understanding what's there! Your type full Nairaland!

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by chronique(m): 7:39pm On Apr 23, 2018
One thing I've noticed about people screaming that Jonathan depleted the reserves is that they do not even understand what makes up our foreign reserves. As far as they are concerned, the foreign reserves is simply monies earned from sale of crude oil. They don't know that various taxes collected by government, customs and excise duties collected by government, gold held by government, etc, forms part of the reserves and that a fall or rise in any of these, would certainly affect the value of the reserves.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by DWJOBScom(m): 7:58pm On Apr 23, 2018
laudate:

Sovereign Wealth Fund was NOT her brainchild. Do your research. sad Olusegun Aganga during his initial short tenure as Minister of Finance under GEJ, created the Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF) to formalise a mechanism for national savings in 2011, before he was transferred to the Trade and Investment ministry. The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority Act was then signed into law, by President Goodluck Jonathan, with funds drawn from the Excess Crude Account (ECA).

Thank you and i wonder where that fellow - Olusegun Aganga is? I consider him a brilliant man

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 23, 2018
famosh:

Bla bla bla!
Just don't let them catch you during your next drug-peddling trip to Cambodia! You won't be spared & will go down the road of your brothers!

You mean like this your brother Tayo Ayoade pictured below caught doing it on the low in the streets of Oshodi... cheesy cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/4229524/road-union-member-134-wraps

Or your sisters (A mother and Daughter) who decided to support the males doing skull mining with their little contribution of selling cannabis in Ogun... cheesy cheesy grin

https://www.nairaland.com/3982410/mother-daughter-arrested-selling-cannabis

Should I cite more? cool cool

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Skepticus: 8:41pm On Apr 23, 2018
prince3009:

Seun seriously needs to initiate something known as a "Brain Test Survey" for people to fill up and submit before they are given full membership rights into Nairaland because it seems yabaleft escapees just snatch people's phones randomly and the first site they visit is NL and begin to comment. undecided

I agree with you.

There are more lunatics on this platform than a mental asylum.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by nwakibie3(m): 9:17pm On Apr 23, 2018
bekpo:

What is d nexus between subsidy removal and sale of crude oil? That d kind of orientation he brainwash gullible like u, for me most of us r wise and can not allow ourselfs to be deceive

U be real mumu if u dont know the nexus between subsidy and sale of oil price. So u dont know the higher the oil price the higher the subsidy govt pays?

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by bekpo(m): 9:27pm On Apr 23, 2018
nwakibie3:

U be real mumu if u dont know the nexus between subsidy and sale of oil price. So u dont know the higher the oil price the higher the subsidy govt pays?

Did ur Lord GEJ actually paid subsidy and to whom did he pay, and did he actually have value for it? The answer to d question will certisfy ur curiosity. I do not join issues with daft otherwise I end up dignifying them.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by rusher14: 2:02am On Apr 24, 2018
anyaekekehinde:

Maybe I am very dull and that's why I don't understand the concept.
But I am not too dull to know the following are state run oil companies with refineries

Saudi Aramco

India Oil

Rosneft

Abu Dhabi National Oil Company

National Iranian Oil Company

China National Petroleum Corporation

Kuwait Petroleum Corporation

Petroleos de Venezuela.

I would have insulted after you mentioned Korea, because it means you have not heard of KNOC which is the national oil company of Korea, read about them and the Oil refinery they have.
Wikipedia will help a bit, but you can research more about their operations

STOP copying and pasting and read the content of what you produce.

KNOC is a public owned company.

Do you understand what that means?

Indian Oil company:

Indian Oil's equity shares are listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange of India.[24]

As of 31 December, 2017, the Promoters Government of India held approx. 56.98% of the shares in Indian Oil Corporation. Public held the rest 43.02% of the shares - this includes Mutual Fund Companies, Foreign Portfolio Investors, Financial Institutions/ Banks, Insurance Companies, Individual Shareholders and Trusts.[25]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Oil_Corporation

Rosneft:

Initial public offering of 2006

On July 2006, Rosneft placed 15% of its shares traded with a total value of US$10.7 billion in an initial public offering (IPO) at the London Stock Exchange, the Russian Trading System, and the Moscow Interbank Currency Exchange. Part of the shares were distributed among the Russian population through banks such as Sberbank and Gazprombank.[6][citation needed]

The Federal Service for Financial Markets authorized the placement and circulation outside the country of a 22.5% stake in Rosneft. Rosneft announced a placement value of US$5.85–US$7.85 per share and global depository receipt (GDR), based on the company's capitalization after consolidation of US$60-80 billion. It was planned to place shares for at least US$8.5 billion in order to repay loans to Western banks, including interest and taxes.[citation needed]

On July 14, the official results of the placement value were announced. Shares were priced at US$7.55, almost at the upper end of the price band, resulting in Rosneft's capitalization—taking into account the upcoming consolidation of its subsidiaries—at a value of US$79.8 billion, making Rosneft surpass Lukoil as the largest oil company in Russia. Investors bought 1.38 billion shares for US$10.4 billion: 21% of the shares were bought by strategic investors, 36% from international investors from North America, Europe, and Asia, 39% from Russian investors, and 4% from Russian retail investors. 49.4% of the total IPO volume accounted for four investors, including BP for US$1 billion, Petronas for US$1.5 billion, and the CNPC for $0.5 billion. Individuals were submitted applications for the purchase of 99,431,775 shares of the oil company, and as a result, most of the new shareholders were individuals; partly because of this IPO was given the unofficial name of "people's."[13][14]

Rosneft's IPO became the largest in the history in Russia and the fifth in the world in terms of the amount of money raised at the time. The announced amount could increase by another US$400 million if the global placement coordinators realize the option of buying another 53 million GDRs of Rosneft at the price of placement within 30 days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosneft

China:
Chinese watchdog says 1.34 million officials punished for graft since 2013.
That's almost the population of Bayelsa state.
Ordinary Dino gets arrested and y'all go into a frenzy.
Zero tolerance for corruption.
Country is a single party entity- at least in practice.

Aramco:
Saudi Arabia is a monarchy which means all of state assets are actually under the control of the royal family - more like Chinedu and sons.
ditto for Abu Dhabi .

Key people
Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Chairman of the Supreme Petroleum Council)
Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber (Director-General and CEO)

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by famosh: 2:14am On Apr 24, 2018
prince3009:

You mean like this your brother Tayo Ayoade pictured below caught doing it on the low in the streets of Oshodi... cheesy cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/4229524/road-union-member-134-wraps

Or your sisters (A mother and Daughter) who decided to support the males doing skull mining with their little contribution of selling cannabis in Ogun... cheesy cheesy grin

https://www.nairaland.com/3982410/mother-daughter-arrested-selling-cannabis

Should I cite more? cool cool

Yes boy! Cite more!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by rusher14: 3:08am On Apr 24, 2018
laudate:

Petrolex does not own a refinery. sad It has a petroleum products depot and tank farm. Its' plans to build a refinery are still on paper, and have not been actualised.

Nigeria is set to get another new oil refinery as a government push to end fuel imports attracts investors to the industry.

Petrolex Oil & Gas Ltd. plans to build a $3.6 billion plant with a capacity of 250,000 barrels a day, Chief Executive Officer Segun Adebutu said in an interview in Lagos. The closely held company is working on the “front-end engineering design” and will complete construction in 2021, he said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-06/nigeria-s-refining-push-prompts-3-6-billion-plan-from-petrolex
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by PDPGuy: 4:12am On Apr 24, 2018
The international banksters are clearly laying the groundwork for a Donald Duke presidency next year. When the two "richest" people are your friends (who, in turn, are stooges of the international banksters), then you have little or no problem in running for office.

Atiku is only a temporary decoy to distract people and the media from properly scrutinizing Duke's record as governor, and his business/political associations.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Deadlytruth(m): 6:33am On Apr 24, 2018
ireneidiva:
You that saw them there, what were you doing there?
Very apt question.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's Revelation About Donald Duke & Omoyele Sowore In Her Book by Deadlytruth(m): 6:38am On Apr 24, 2018
rusher14:

Enwerem (Evan or Evans) take your pick;

Okadigbo;

Wabara,

Ayim

All express the solidarity of Biafra.

Thank you for this reminder to that IPOBian firewood pot calling the electric kettle black.
He has forgotten how Azikiwe his brother pulled down Ojukwu over the war of the very Biafra hope he takes solace in.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Abba Kyari Building A Mansion In Borno, Offered Neigbour ₦70m - Sahara Reporters / Buhari To Effect Nigerian Governors’ Lockdown Decision Monday - Daily Post / Senate Makes 11 Years The Legal Age To Have Sex In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.