Stats: 3,148,017 members, 7,799,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

My Negative Experience At Carlcare Android Service Centre, Abuja - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Negative Experience At Carlcare Android Service Centre, Abuja (1433 Views)

Learn Mobile/Android Smart Phone Repair (Training) @ Real Repair Centre @ Abuja. / Carlcare Service Ng: We're Back On Nairaland! / How Carlcare Responded To My Complaint On Nairaland About Their Uyo Centre (2) (3) (4)

My Negative Experience At Carlcare Android Service Centre, Abuja by Opinionated: 10:38am On Apr 23, 2018

By Babatunde Akintunde O’

Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. – Donald Porter

A few weeks ago, my phone stopped charging and eventually crashed, leaving me with no smartphone for 24 hours.

The following day after I made the post, I decided to take the phone to Carlcare service centre, Wuse, Abuja.
I met a fair young lady who penned down my complaints and diagnosed two things wrong with the device:
First, she said the main issue with the phone is the charging port, so I had to pay N600 for the replacement. Secondly, she said the screen is cracked and they’ll have to change the screen before fixing the charging port. I told her the screen, despite being cracked is working perfectly and I don’t have a complain on it. She told me that’s their policy, I must pay for both screen and the charging port. I asked how much for the screen, she said it’s N13,000 – I asked to pay via POS, they explained their POS machine is faulty. I asked: “if I pay for the phone, can I wait to get it fixed?” She said no, I had to come back in four days.

Since I couldn’t bear being without a smartphone phone for another four days due to the kind of work I do, I decided to go get another phone while they fix the faulty one.

I went outside to use the next ATM, withdrew and paid for the screen and charging port. I was given a receipt.
Fast forward to 8 days later, I called the customer care line on the receipt they have to inquire on the status of my phone, If I could come get it.

The phone rang for like 3 times before an unprofessional voice said “hello” from the other end, I quickly introduced myself and asked if I could come get my phone, she said: “Come to our office”. I told her I needed to be sure the phone is ready for collection before coming over, she offered no sensible explanation and shouted at me that I should just come with the receipt to their office.

I picked the receipt and headed to their office, I got there in few minutes and proceeded to the phone collection point, submitted my receipt and waited for like 30 minutes before I was called, I was handed over the phone same way I dropped it for them.

I was mad; “What’s this thrash? Where’s the new screen? What’s with the charging port?” I asked.

She referred me to another lady at the counter, then she said: ‘we haven’t fixed your phone because we discovered what’s actually wrong with your phone is the battery, you have to change it. I asked how much and she said it’s N4,000.

I lamented the poor manner the customer care service was. They simply could have told me when I called earlier that my phone isn’t ready and I will have to pay to replace the battery.

If I had not gotten another phone, I probably would have been disappointed by the clueless mode of operation at the service centre.

I left very angry.

Source: My Negative Experience at Carlcare Android Service Centre, Abuja

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: My Negative Experience At Carlcare Android Service Centre, Abuja by madgoat(m): 10:51am On Apr 23, 2018
Dont be surprised. Thats the way those useless carlcare people behave.
Re: My Negative Experience At Carlcare Android Service Centre, Abuja by xanders(m): 2:37pm On Apr 23, 2018
Dear Babatunde.
Sincere apologies for the inexcusable unsatisfactory service received, truly every customer, regardless of status, deserves nothing short of Good Customer Service. This is a view which the brand 'Carlcare' stands for.

They are on a quest to bring world class customer service to every home , a daunting task indeed.
Thus far they have witnessed reasonable progress. Some good some bad. Still, they have a long way to go. But is together with your support they shall get there. Their teams are powered by Nigerians (like you and me) and we all keep in view to keep optimizing and improving our service process till we get it right.

Dear friend, they aren't perfect yet,
But I assure you, they are working tirelessly to improve our service processes to meet expectations of you the customers, because it is their Joy that you use your device without needless difficulty or challenges.

Once again I apologize for this.

Because I too am part of that team, whose sole wish is to serve you better.

Thank you.
Re: My Negative Experience At Carlcare Android Service Centre, Abuja by arcnomec(m): 6:11pm On Apr 23, 2018
xanders:
Dear Babatunde.
Sincere apologies for the inexcusable unsatisfactory service received, truly every customer, regardless of status, deserves nothing short of Good Customer Service. This is a view which the brand 'Carlcare' stands for.

They are on a quest to bring world class customer service to every home , a daunting task indeed.
Thus far they have witnessed reasonable progress. Some good some bad. Still, they have a long way to go. But is together with your support they shall get there. Their teams are powered by Nigerians (like you and me) and we all keep in view to keep optimizing and improving our service process till we get it right.

But I assure you, they are working tirelessly to improve our service processes to meet expectations of you the customers, because it is their Joy that you use your device without needless difficulty or challenges.

Thank you.

Where can I find Carlcare center in port Harcourt?
Re: My Negative Experience At Carlcare Android Service Centre, Abuja by jetz(m): 6:31pm On Apr 23, 2018
just imagine something a phone engr will fix in a jiffy na him em suffer u like dis wtf tis carlcare sef just too unprofessional its too bad sha
Re: My Negative Experience At Carlcare Android Service Centre, Abuja by maclatunji: 6:35pm On Apr 23, 2018
xanders:
Dear Babatunde.

Thank you.

Good one.
Re: My Negative Experience At Carlcare Android Service Centre, Abuja by Henrybright(m): 6:40pm On Apr 23, 2018
I wonder if Carlcare receptionist undergo any training at all.
I have had two separate encounters with them and I wasn't so pleased on both occasions.

I'm using an Infinix Note 4 android phone which developed fault some days, the down buttons stopped working which I had to complain through carlcare app and I was been directed on what to do before my phone fell inside water.

My phone was just 9 months old, thus it was still under warranty though it doesn't cover liquid damage. When I got to Carlcare Port Harcourt one of the receptionist who attended to me upon asking what happened to my phone just concluded the Panel was dead.

I told her the initial problem I had with the phone before it entered water, she told me since the phone is still under warranty I will pay for just the panel(payment for liquid damage) but I won't pay for the faulty screen(down buttons). I pleaded with them, I told her I had no 24,400 naira(payment for new panel).

I pleaded with them to help me clean and charge the battery that the phone will come back. I told her I was very sure nothing had happened to the Panel but she refused. I had to request to talk to someone superior to her but the person said exactly what she said, that I should pay money for new panel.

I was initially scared of talking my phone to other phone repairers to work in other to avoid additional damages to the phone but I had no other option than to take it to Calus Mila opposite Presidential Hotel Port Harcourt.

When I got there and I explained what happened the first thing the phone repairer said was to charge the battery, he said the battery was weak. So he cleaned the phone and chargers the battery for a few minutes and my phone was back to life.

A phone which was pronounced dead(panel) by Carlcare only needed to be charged externally. I was so upset because they gave a wrong report of what happened to my phone, what if I had 24,400 to pay for the panel, they would have just kept the money.

I had to go back to Carlcare with the working phone because I couldn't work the faulty down buttons but those people we're busy speaking English and saying all sort of things.

Carlcare receptionist will always tell diagnose ur phone to be panel dead when ever you make a report even without checking the phone.

Same thing happened when I took my Boom j8 of 17 months to replace battery because the initial one was weak but the receptionist told me I should change panel. I told her I only needed to change battery but she refused to sell a new battery to me.
Note: The initial battery was still working but just weak.

Carlcare should always check a phone probably before telling customers what to do or give your receptionist better training.

I have never had any good experience using Carlcare
Re: My Negative Experience At Carlcare Android Service Centre, Abuja by Opinionated: 3:39pm On Apr 24, 2018
Re: My Negative Experience At Carlcare Android Service Centre, Abuja by xanders(m): 7:26am On Apr 27, 2018
Opinionated:
Resolved;

How my Negative Experience at Carlcare Android Service Centre, Abuja had a Positive Outcome

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Good one. Together we make things better. Two hands are needed to wash each other clean. Thanks bro.

Glo Packages/bonuses And Thier Code By Naij.com / Best Phone To Get With A Budget Of 70,000 Naira / Foreign Used Mi 9T 6/128 Available sold out !!!